Frameworkdug27-Feb-06  04:10 pm
Under a year IPOsdug26-Feb-06  12:12 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
dug
Username: dug

Post Number: 861

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 12:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is for BUY to Sell GO2Woes.
Weekly
contestants will be divided into Gainers and Drainers.
The share picked is considered d'Winnur.

My entry Penrice Soda [PSH]
Floated out from CHAMPS July 05.Is the Australian/SE Asia
Monopoly Suppliers of Soda Ash mainly used in the manufacture of Glass.There is a kinda World Wide Monopoly of Soda Ash based around ACI yank/Us base.

Anyway,this fits in with Warren Buffett [wassa buff]philosophy Buy a Monopoly.

In early November PSH was confirmed by the Federales as a Protected from Dumping Species.
Penrice is going for World's best practise status,it's Sth Aust so maybe that's why they include Enviromental Excell sense as well? BUT
Being next door to the Oz Wine Bottling Plants gives a much better FA reason.

I've bought on the possibility of a positive Half Report.I don't know WHEN that comes out but I just reckon,
well It's a Monopoly.It's selling near it's Issue Price.It reported in November a concern that it MIGHT not meet it's Proseptus Forecast.[NB this being AT same time of being classified ProTected.]

Cost overruns cited.[not dere fault?]

Anyway,I put PSH up as my March Pick.
Any and All welcome.
Some basis including any variation of FA preferred.
+ or - chart.

redbellie
Username: redbellie

Post Number: 50

Saturday, February 25, 2006 - 02:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,

TPI, stop $5.15, buy Monday ~ 10-11am

soma
Username: soma

Post Number: 259

Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 12:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey jr, redbellie

Nice chart that one redbellie I was going to post myself before finding this thread. Break from 3 month consolidation on decent volume, ING increasing their already substantial holding.

Sorry jr is the comp for ipos' with less than a years history and we have a monthly pick?

Regards,
Soma

dug

Post Number: 869

Sunday, February 26, 2006 - 02:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nah soma,this is a thread for GO buys this month that just May [like]set one up for a Long Term Hold [or any variation].
Yeah,it's running on recent IPO's at the moment but any ol' thing can be entered.You just have to watch-out for the sub-classification of Gainers or Drainers and the under-tone of % performance that is a kinda 'side-bet' me'n'rb got going.

So Soma got an entry that ya hopin' is long term[3mths+]?

ya welcome to whack it In!!
cheers,
jr

Avatar- PHACOPS{speculator}from the Devonian Period.

redbellie

Post Number: 54

Monday, February 27, 2006 - 04:06 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TPI buy 10:19am - $6.05 with $5.15 stop.
Approx. 1.5% portfolio risk.

RB

PS: if all goes well come back in 12+ mths! :-)

dug

Post Number: 925

Sunday, March 12, 2006 - 11:09 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PSH report came out Friday.
There was some equipment breakdown back in July 05, and this lessened production and put an 'extraordinary item'[negative] onto costs blahx3.
Management says PSH is over it,still on track to meet prospectus.Paying a 7 cent dividend[ex 22/3] and are supposed to be paying 14.5cents this year.
The Chart

so all this didn't electrify d'Market.they were too busy checking out Tantalum!![a rare earth that is Buyer controlled.Only about 2 companies in all the World have a use for Tantalum,whereas Soda Ash?it's a Sellers Monopoly!!]

Anyway if I'm guessing for PSH this coming week,I'm backing a rise above that 26ish resistance[d'cum Div 7cents should crack it]I'm hoping it gets around 35 before the Ex Date which may cause a 10cish gap on Xday]
Over 25 from now on will suit my Long Term Strategy.I'm moving the Stop Up to close below 10 and spending some time reading about Soda Ash especially it's use in the Mining Industry.So far I've only found it's [soda ash]is used in explosives but I was hoping to find it's used in adjunct with the Cynanide Method of Gold extraction.

Happy Trading.

redbellie

Post Number: 58

Monday, March 27, 2006 - 06:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,

TPI

buy $6.05 27th Feb

sold $7.56 27th Mar (profit exit)

+25%

RB.

dug

Post Number: 969

Monday, March 27, 2006 - 07:06 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry redbellie,
I realise you are the only actual contestant in Go's 4 d'Month-March BUT,
well,it is a long term pick comp and a month is pretty well borderline territory so unless you can give at least 10 lines of
because of this,you did that;
along with philosophy re Long Term holding;
a few jokes,maybe;
perhaps some thanks to the comp organiser etc,
then,well,if ya don't?
You're DISQUALIFIED!!@!

redbellie

Post Number: 59

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 05:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,

TPI crossed over my profit exit which is rare and in this case it did! :-) It happens when there is a big move over a short period and I DO take them.

Agree that this is a long term thread but I have more than one type of exit and this profit exit may occur in <10% of all my trades. On AVERAGE, my trades last a year.

As far as philosophy goes, I just follow my plan so am comfortable with what I have done in this case.

"You're DISQUALIFIED!!@!"

OK but it would be nice to know if you have an initial stop on your trade above first?

Another thing, this is a waste of space anyway! I was lucky here with this SINGLE trade and to be meaningful if your so interested in gauging how I trade or get off at "my trade beat yours", then with my trading style all my trades in my portfolio should be show, not just one. It would be like watching paint dry for you with a 12 month average trade length.

yaaaawwn!

RB

dug

Post Number: 972

Tuesday, March 28, 2006 - 10:17 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well looks like your windfall profit stop needs adjusting[tacked on another 50cents this morning!!]

anyhow,not to worry I was out of this one at $4.50 level.I couldn't see why it got to 6 let alone now going 8!!I think it is getting very HYPED like so what it's taken over some NZ mob and might get into Brambles leftovers.
You ever had any dealings with Cleanaway,redbellie?I price those bin rubbish removal things from time to time and even tho Cleanaway has the Dump concession in Briz they charge way over the top for their Bins than any of the rest.They're a GYP and TPI should rip them apart[cleanaway/brambles]and not go paying some premium for monopoly glory.

See?I told you I apply my extreme prejudices to share picking
so got any views on rebuying in to this 'Wonder'?or have you got another?or any line at all for chat?or do ya just wanna be left alone?

redbellie

Post Number: 60

Friday, April 07, 2006 - 05:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,

"do ya just wanna be left alone?"

Hmmmm good question Dug! Yep!

Apologies, I don't want to read comments like the following (all about TPI):

"TPI is new and far away from Issue price AND long term average accumulation prices, so any hiccup and it returns to 'D'Mean".

"Redbellie but do you see that there maybe a better way and time to Buy?"

"But it hasn't come near your Stop point yet so here's hoping it's all just a blip on ya".

"well looks like your windfall profit stop needs adjusting [tacked on another 50cents this morning!!]"

Why don't I want to see these comments? I view them as possibly hyjacking/interfering with my trading thoughts. I don't want to be influenced in ANY WAY by comments.

In my mind, I start asking myself questions about the trade. I don't need this at all and I avoid reading posts from people who have totally different trading mindset/aims/techniques to myself. In fact, now I avoid posts that talk specifically about a stock.

Attitude produces better overall results than analysis or technique. :-)

RB

(Message edited by redbellie on April 07, 2006)

dug

Post Number: 1001

Friday, April 07, 2006 - 06:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Attitude produces better results than analysis or technique."

that's pretty Punk,redbellie.like in punk rock music?you ever followed Punk,RB?to me it was a very necessary cult of the 70's.I not only was a punk but still am!!

but i see you excercised your right to edit and changed Nup to Yep on the being left alone question so remembering my manners[they're too rotten to be forgotten].....

cheers,
jr

ps-if/when ya change your mind,i'm here if ya wanna grind,ya know,as long as ya don't wanna get precious,acourse.

pps-that TPI is flying too high.It's a prime example of the exuberance of this market that is heading for a bruising.I got attitude as a technique,too.Just thought ya might want to know.

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 428

Friday, April 07, 2006 - 09:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sounds like you have a good plan there Redbellie.
Don't get sidetracked man, stick to the plan stan.TPI is a real winner.

Admire that oh cool nuts Dug.
Posts with a date and ends it with his portfolio.
Clever approach i reckon.

Dug, thought you were gunna post yours somewhere, or did PL blow you out of the water with his entries

Did anyone notice how uptrends just go up forever and then start going up even faster, have to write that into my plan asap.

(Message edited by msparks on April 07, 2006)

dug

Post Number: 1004

Friday, April 07, 2006 - 10:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well MM,
I'm moving to my new house at the end of the month and will be trimming this for the lessening of distraction but i have
PWK-free and clear
SKE-should hold on but..
HWI-it's aggravating me but if it stays over 80
CBH-next week probably sell half go free and clear.
CDR-it's rolling to plan.
PSH-don't know why it hasn't kicked up to 40 by now.
and AGC as my gold stock.[prob sell next week definite]

I'm looking at AAE or SOO and considering some choice of div/pe software stocks I reckon.
Quite d'Dogs Breakfast I know and i should get some blue chips on a 'correction' but they just get too messed around by them benighted cfd's!!
ORG may be a Go though,as long as I'm over the moving when it goes Blue Sky.Something gas rather than petrol.
My plan is that the Mid Caps mightn't get too decimated in the correction[ske/hwi/hopefully cdr] and/or if I have the initial capital out I won't be too distressed.I got some money aside for a May/July entry here and there.
Just don't go along with this Micro Cap materials basket palaver.I thought good trading was anticipating moves in out of favour sectors,anticipating that you could well be wrong,stop lossing tight blah blah blah.I certainly never get swayed by 'industry experts'.
anyhow,never said i was a millionaire.

whattaya got MM?

msparks

Post Number: 430

Friday, April 07, 2006 - 11:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nothing there out of shares magazine or anywhere else i can recall Dug.
You are truly and individual.

Sort of outside the realms of reality and taking on Eric Mckoski? from MMA at a truly alternative type of strategy.

avv,awb,hsp,tls,nlx,cey,iag,mgw,csm

and considering shorting the index with the following
example of how it all works

But really COA,HHL,CPU,QBE,RIN,ORI,NAB,GMI,SHV,RHC and thank heavens that little pip squeak has left the scene or i may not even have had them.(dumb ol'e me)

msparks

Post Number: 431

Friday, April 07, 2006 - 11:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Actually
those cfd index trades are really bad
approx 4 points for the spread and approx 1 point per day interest
1 week trade and index closes even and you are down 4 points spread plus 7 points interest = 11 *$25 =$275 bucks per week
guess it doesn't matter if you are right and the index moves by more than 11 points

msparks

Post Number: 814

Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 11:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dug,mate,buddy,pal - did ya really used to bust heads.
Fancy doin d'ignore on poor Macca , thats
Couple for your list of swamp dwellers.
small motors for rikshaw in India ?
after 15 years you gotta get lucky one day

the next qgc ?
its got volumes, its got lotsa gas, and results soon i think dyor

dug

Post Number: 2366

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 12:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dat's a Affirmative,mzee,turned heads too if ya really wanta know.
See I was right into 1978,I wasn't like a lot of Clowns,wazza,macca,ya General RuggerBugger types MM, born 1950 say who were all married,settled down.Sinkers,demType.
Nah I was OutThere,Msparks.
ya heard of Punters'n'Players like in the Music Industry?
Punters'n'Players,even clean livin'Ivan knows them from d'Racing Game,well,msparks I'm d'Other1
a Genuine Perpetrator.

Feminist International Women Yearers,dey got mixed into d'Briz Libertarians,at my Promotions.
ohhh Mizza better believe I bounced round.
gotta go
get another share.

You know you're in a Hick place,
when there's nowhere you can Go,
that you shouldn't!

msparks

Post Number: 816

Wednesday, March 14, 2007 - 08:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NSW GAS DEPENDENCE END IN SIGHT

COAL seam gas, rather than the coal itself, is now being investigated as a future source of power generation feed in NSW. But the move by Eastern Star Gas (ESG) and government-owned utility Macquarie Generation has much wider ramifications than just feedstock for one power station.

ESG claims that the days of NSW being totally dependent on gas from other parts of Australia - namely the Cooper Basin and Bass Strait - may soon be over. The junior and its partner, Houston-based Gastar, have signed a memorandum of understanding with Macquarie to look at piping gas to the Bayswater power station in the Hunter Valley.

The two gas explorers are developing a coal seam gas field in the Gunnedah Basin, lying east of the towns of Gunnedah and Narrabri. The utility, with generating capacity of 2640 megawatts, is now coal-fueled but the plan is for Macquarie to use coal seam gas to reheat the steam from the existing generators and then pump the recycled energy through a new set of generators to expand power output.

ESH managing director Dennis Morton said the company plans to build a pipeline the 250km to Bayswater and possibly the 370km to Newcastle. He believes there is enough gas in the coal seams at Gunnedah to not only supply the power utility but also the Sydney-Newcastle-Wollongong market.

dug

Post Number: 2375

Thursday, March 15, 2007 - 09:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We went into Eastern Star months ago,msparks.Probably from the dom candle Mid October.
You told me it was a gunner,just talked about it's reserves but with no outlet for soon cashflow.
Things don't seem to have changed that much.It's not really ROARing along.If some other entity builds this pipeline[at significant cost,right?]will ESG be able to tap and supply at a Profit?Is this some poor attempt to get NSW some mining boom action?[on that,did you see how there's dangerous Lead Levels in Broken Hill,knocking off kiddies?CBH is for mega expense,Avoid CBH]

Anyway,are you planning on GOing ESG,msparks? I suggest NAV as a better Long Term prospect that'll actually DO nix gunner.
Happy Trading.

You know you're in a Hick place,
when there's nowhere you can Go,
that you shouldn't!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
ARP - Arb Corporation Limiteddennis_menace15-Nov-11  08:27 pm
NFE - Retesting breakout, Weinstein's stage 2?dennis_menace14-Nov-11  10:44 pm
ABU - penny dreadful with heapsdennis_menace14-Nov-11  10:35 pm
AGO - Atlas Irondennis_menace12-Nov-11  07:17 pm
Double Bottom Pickers dennis_menace30 08-Nov-11  11:41 am
WPL - Woodside Petroleum Ltdmsparks06-Nov-11  07:34 pm