Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 1655

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, April 03, 2006 - 05:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With regards to palmtress I have transferred this to the long term trade. I couldn't find the other thread.Here is the chart.Still holding since december 2005.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

palmtrees
Username: palmtrees

Post Number: 79

Monday, April 03, 2006 - 06:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well done Peterloh.Analysts say this is "The Year of Zinc" so I hope you do well.I obviously cashed in way to early and that mistake cost me nearly $1 per security.Your coolness in the face of volatility is to be applauded.
All the best, Mark

peterloh

Post Number: 1664

Tuesday, April 04, 2006 - 09:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palmtrees,

Thanks for your compliments, it is not my coolness in this case, it is more to our different approach to trading.Yours is a short term approach probably you decide to exit due to KZl breaching your guidelines.Whereas if you look at my chart above, there is no indication or warning that I should exit.

best wishes

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

satitoca
Username: satitoca

Post Number: 41

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 07:50 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peterloh
what made you keep during a 25% decline in price in feb?
regards Satitoca

peterloh

Post Number: 1675

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 10:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott,

I actually bought more in February, if you read my previous KZL thread.My determination to sell is not base on daily but weekly chart, but I do use daily chart to time my entry and exit.The weekly chart will tell the story and the long shadows tell us that the sellers are not having it all their way.

satitoca
Username: satitoca

Post Number: 42

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 11:38 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peterloh
Thank you for the reply .finding it hard to come to terms of a 25%hit even if showing a 50/70%profit.I wouldnt be able to sleep and probably feel ill aswell .each to there own thank you again for reply.
regards Satitoca

peterloh

Post Number: 1676

Wednesday, April 05, 2006 - 01:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Scott,

I have to admit at times I was going to toss it in. It is a psychological game isn't it? I always stretch that FA is so important and know your subject.One thing I watch out for is the volume, when it is going up, and the volume when it is going down.It is not too bad if you have a portfolio to manage, something like that is going to happen to one of your share at one time or another.It is a part of trading I always have to live with.I was trading ION, SGW, HWE and got out after a 10% hit because something was not quite right.Understanding the reason for it going up and the reason for it going down is also important besides what the chart tell us, helps.

peterloh

Post Number: 1690

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 03:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the volume telling us something that we don't know? Who DARES Wins? Must be mad to keep on toping up.

rederob
Username: rederob

Post Number: 1740

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 08:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter
You would be mad if the stock was likely to decline in the medium term.
It is not.
It will undergo a sharp correction shortly, but bounce strongly again, as the zinc market is getting much tighter every day.
I set my limit at 10,000 shares, but could break that rule if the correction is strong enough to warrant a re-entry.
My view is that this is the safest commodity stock play at the lower end of the price scales.

peterloh

Post Number: 1696

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 - 09:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Robert, you will think the accumulation process was done some time ago.I have noted the recent SP rise has been accompanied by volume.This will continue until the buying has "thin" off or a large holder re balance its portfolio.I notice the strong recovery yesterday, after it was sold off early in the morning.Any retracement will be seen as an opportunity to add on to one's portfolio.It also looks like demand is greater than supply currently.If their hedge book has been reduced substantially or completely retired, there is a likely hood of substantial improvement in the second half's result. The quarterly result should be out soon.

dug
Username: dug

Post Number: 1007

Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 03:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm interested in your HedgeBook remark above ,Peter.Redebob also discusses elsewhere Hedging,or rather the lack of it in Resource Companies as being really good in the current climate of Commodity BOOM.

In regards to KZL,do they have any other Zinc mines other than Qld's Chillagoe? because if they don't?well it seems their whole production is ear-marked to go into Korea Zincs' Townsville smelter.Korea Zinc recently doubled their Holding in KZL to 14% around the time some of your favorite Funds,Peter,sold out.

Anyway,to save me the time of wading thru pages of Annual Reports,do either you Peter or r2r know what the relationship is between KZL and Korea Zinc is?Like do they have a price agreement[Hedge] set up between themselves?

My understanding of Asian Companies is very limited,I'm the first to admit but I have an impression they [asian companies] are much more co-operative between themselves to the extent of what we may see as Monopolistic,they see as co-operative or symbiotic.The Elder,Bigger,More Important Company THRIVES and subsidiaries get 'looked after',that sort of thing.

Peter did you read any reason WHY AMP and Common Bank got out of KZL months ago?

Anyway,lots of questions that I should really find my own answers to but,well,just thought I'd ask them who may have answers at their fingertips.
regards.

Avatar- PHACOPS{speculator}from the Devonian Period.

peterloh

Post Number: 1702

Thursday, April 13, 2006 - 04:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,

I do my own research and do not pay due respect to every fund managers who have their own measurement. For all I know they still have a holding, may be not substantial any more.I have my original holding which I bought at $1.85, a few months back. I have also traded KZL and pleased to say that I have some luck trading it short term too.

Besides, the above, I need not know anymore, as too much may blur my vision.So far I am contended with their share price and with a pinch of luck, KZL may have some way to go yet. Anyway that is my wishful thinking, forever optimistic. Have a nice week end and Happy Easter.Have to agree with Rob about putting any more to it, other then to leave the original to ride the trend.

Best wishes

rederob

Post Number: 1752

Saturday, April 15, 2006 - 11:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dug
KZL has no hedges on zinc, but does on copper and lead.
Although the original copper and lead hedge prices were good value, the runaway train of commodities sees these hedges with a negative mark to market of over $7m.
The good news is that their zinc margins are now over $1 per pound and rising.
I will look into the forward hedges to see how long it will be before the commitments are met.

peterloh

Post Number: 1739

Thursday, April 27, 2006 - 02:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Which is the most likely direction for KZL now, up or down?

peterloh

Post Number: 1865

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 02:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Action here today. Big volume last Thursday - something is cooking. What is it? An announcement coming, upgrade of resources and reserves? A strong up day when general market is down especially resources. I hold KZL from
dec/Jan this year and bought more last week.

peterloh

Post Number: 1866

Monday, June 19, 2006 - 10:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rederob,

What is your view on KZL now? Have taking a punt by puting in another 1.5 times of your stipulated limit.This new one is for a short term trade. Korea Zinc reported increase in holdings probably through creeping up on percentage allowed.The volume on last Thursday and the quick run up today, gives me a feeling something may be on in KZL but cannot pin point what it is.Any idea Dug?

dug

Post Number: 1190

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 09:28 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back to Main Trend line.

Cheek by jowl with Zinifex.

Notices yesterday of Possible reserve up grade and increase holding by Korea Zinc.Institutions don't seem to like Korea Zinc?Sold previously on holding increase?
Volume since Thursday lowish for such an increase,especially yesterday.
What are your thoughts,Peter Loh on breakouts,large percent price increases with only mediocre volume?

cheers.

peterloh

Post Number: 1868

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 10:45 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dug,

After posting I read of KZL discovery of more commercial zinc find in their backyard. Earlier on I read of Korea Zinc increasing their holding in KZL.

As to your question whether you need volume for the price to be sustain, my answer is yes.Many regard the day of the increase for the volume to occur is important.Taking a long term view,there must be volume and in KZL's case volume occur last Thursday.My interpretation is, if the volume is small it is due mainly to speculative buying in anticipation of the news to come(day traders) and as soon as they leave, the SP will fall.If there is volume, there is a likely hood of a large buyer coming in, and it is likely that it will be for the longer term.A large buyer will not pay for any price on that day but do their accumulation when everyone is selling earlier on.To me, volume is important and may not be necessary on the day of the SP rise but would be a good indication if close to the day. My interpretation to yesterday's sharp price rise is shorts covering and day traders speculative trade.Korea Zinc need not top up their holding as their current holding may or may not already has an influence on KZL's Board.The fact that they increase their holding is an indication they have faith in the industry and in this situation in the future of KZL and KZL's ability to do well.I do not know whether there is any future intention for a take over or the merging of the operations for mutual benefits.I regard what is going on as positive to KZL.Having say that, I declare my position that I am long on KZL and recently increased my stake.In this situation my position may be biased and should not be relied on for your individual situation.

dug

Post Number: 1191

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 03:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Are you keeping an eye,Peter,on the Algorhytmic trading in KZL?
That's the small parcel buy/sells done by computers for Institutions and Hedge Funds.They don't pay transaction costs like us so they dribble out every minute or so small parcels that ADD UP at the end of the day.
When I looked at KZL Course of Sales just now,seemed to me a Lot of these "Algae Trades"on the Board.

I've "sophisticated" up my thinking on these micro-parcels.I'm thinking now most trades under say $5000 are Algae.I watch now if they are meeting the Bid or the Ask and draw conclusions on BigBoy Action ie Where the REAL money is going,are the Algae buying or selling?

Big Buys or Sells,say 50 grand+,well do they flow with the Algae[professional]or could they be just some DIY Super 'punter'?
It all gives me something to think about when I'm not dreaming about what I'll spend my paper-profits on!!

Off for d'Close.
cheers,
jr

peterloh

Post Number: 1871

Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 03:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dug,

Agree with you that intos,big trader may have other sophisticated means of getting under our guard.If some one is buying big, there is no way they should project what their intention are.Nowadays I try to ignore market depth as a big seller won't show their hand like wise a big buyer won't do either.You could have stumble on something that we don't know of. I will made it an effort to find out and let you know as soon I have this information on hand.A good observation, dug.

dug

Post Number: 1193

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 09:20 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter,
I received an email from the ASX confirming Algorhytmic Trading.That's what 'THEY" called it and had this positive spin that Algae Trading prevented large Orders from eliminating great swathes of Market Depth all in one go by large orders swamping.ie 'They' saw it as Positive,an improvement on the old days.
With the elimination of Broker Name who's Dealing from broker screens,Algae Trading allows anominity of BIG Plays and Players.Seems in the past one could get this info and be Alert[if not alarmed]that say Overseas Brokers were leading the price move in a particular share.

Anyway,Algae Trading is here now and I use which way it's going[Buy or Sell]as some indication of where the BigMoney stands.Especially with them Selling because if given the chance[Bids]they seem to still come the partial swamp down the Market Depth.I think the data of Number in the Depth Ask is fed into their Computer and calculation of how many to sell into it is thus calculated.That's why you see these odd numbers in the Course of Sales like 437 at $2.56 say.

It[algae trading] has been an improvement on Uboats turning up on the Depth but it has allowed large number movements buy/sold without alerting Mr'n'Mrs[Ms] Public in on Their Act.

Anyway,I didn't want you,Peter,going to trouble to find out what I already know about Algae Trading.
cheers,
jr

peterloh

Post Number: 1875

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 10:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,

Thank you for taking the trouble to find out.Much appreciated and this confirm your suspicion.

regards,

rederob

Post Number: 1819

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 07:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter,
Just discovered your question - apologies;
you previously asked:
rederob,
What is your view on KZL now? Have taking a punt by puting in another 1.5 times of your stipulated limit.This new one is for a short term trade. Korea Zinc reported increase in holdings probably through creeping up on percentage allowed.The volume on last Thursday and the quick run up today, gives me a feeling something may be on in KZL but cannot pin point what it is.Any idea Dug?

My view is that KZL remains one of the safest commodity plays in 2006 FULL STOP.
Zinc inventories will continue to decline as this year draws on, so any technical bearishness will soon give way to ongoing fundamental strength.
On the retrace I did add to my KZL holding and now have 12500 - so rules are only to be broken; a bit like records!}

peterloh

Post Number: 1881

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 11:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rederob,

It is comforting to know that you have considered KZL as a low risk commodity play as I have quite a few in my self managed fund and my general portfolio.For a while I was concern, that you think 10,000 is to be the maximum exposure.I have to be careful with commodities, because most of them are only for growth and do not pay dividends which could be use for servicing interest.

Best Wishes

peterloh

Post Number: 1999

Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 12:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have not put this one in the current portfolio for the day because of the current SP. However it is still in my portfolio, bought in December/January this year with curtesy of palmtree's post.

rederob

Post Number: 1883

Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 08:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter
It was interesting to see KZL rise today while ZFX was sold down after reporting a billion dollar profit and announcing a 70cent fully franked dividend.
I had a $10.85 buy bid in the market (from last week) and picked up 2500 shares as ZFX plummeted!
From a fundamental perspective one of the more interesting recent trends has been an increase of zinc stock cancellations from warehouses other than New Orleans.
With the northern summer slow-season about to end, I expect cancellation rates for zinc will pick up slightly and further tighten a market that has seen almost 400,000 tonnes leave LME warehouses in the past year.
At present there is nowhere that I can see excess zinc is available, and producers have, over the past 2 years, ramped output to close to capacity.
As I posted earlier, of the metal plays, zinc is the safest in my view and has yet to hit its straps.

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 665

Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 09:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all
Interesting how bhp and zfx report fantastic profit and get sold down, what sort of expectations are out there ?

Off topic again, interesting the algae trading Dug.
I think this is a better way than the old way where people in the know , knew who was buying and selling, seems fairer with the algae method.

Here is how deutsche bank exited HSP , the announcement was 6 days before the price jump today.

They play both sides, so i cannot see how observing the small trades gives a direction Dug. ? Maybe this is not algae trading ?
Seems a bit like manipulation, if you have enough cash,and are on both sides, anything is possible.

KZL is a great looking chart.
Will it retest the breakout ?

peterloh

Post Number: 2000

Thursday, August 24, 2006 - 11:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It is always good to have a commodities expert like rdr to guide us along in this sector.MS, if I were to add more on to KZL or as a short term trader,I will buy on retest of support line if I missed the initial breakout.Never expect KZL to turn out this way, as I initially treated it as a short term trade, but discovered it has legs, and there was no justification for me to get rid of it because of its merits, any volatility in KZL was mainly along with the general market, so there is still hope for me that it will go on further than this, especially KZL is in blue sky currently in the daily chart as shown by MS and travelling along the channel in the weekly chart.

Since dug pointed out,I notice the pacman eating the sellers or the algae in distribution mode when they were unloading.

tryhay
Username: tryhay

Post Number: 561

Friday, April 13, 2007 - 09:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some time since posting on KZL. If it can respect 200D_SMA looks like a low risk short term play IMO:

Daily chart: Little bit to early to confidently say found bottom but may just be making HH & HL

kzl

Watching listed

wombat40
Username: wombat40

Post Number: 105

Thursday, April 19, 2007 - 04:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

flag or pennant?

wombat40
Username: wombat40

Post Number: 106

Saturday, April 28, 2007 - 10:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

..done the flagpole thingy.....and reached a target..lets see how it goes....

tryhay

Post Number: 802

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 - 09:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not sure what Zn is doing, but kzl looks to be heading higher ~ say to $7.22 in the interim.

Daily chart:

: kzl

Recently topped up

(Message edited by tryhay on November 20, 2007)

tryhay

Post Number: 811

Saturday, November 24, 2007 - 01:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perhaps time to top up again?

Daily chart:

kzl

I reckon $7.81 reasonable target (ar la fib)

(Message edited by tryhay on November 24, 2007)

tryhay

Post Number: 1252

Wednesday, January 07, 2009 - 08:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Some time since posting on this little gem, and what a difference a year (or two) makes ~ back to 2002 lows....

Bought in end of year and looking to take some profit (as it may be going to retest MA). If MACD signal line breaks zero then may just bounce with the reast of the market..

Chart:

kzl

CC picked it some weeks ago in the competition and may just be responding to rising tide.....

Happy trading DYOR

mook
Username: mook

Post Number: 98

Tuesday, July 21, 2009 - 05:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi hershy, I like the chart you post to illustrate KZL's fortune in another thread. I see this one to be good enough to be on its own. I just found this thread.
I agree with you there are a couple of gaps that have to be closed and I expect this to be done soon.I am fairly bullish on KZL.Have a good trading day, guys.PS: I hope peter doesn't mind me stealing his thunder.

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 90

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 08:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Bought some today. looks good going forward.
Regards Stampy

stampy

Post Number: 91

Wednesday, July 22, 2009 - 08:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this is the way i see KZL
. For what its worth.

baysider
Username: baysider

Post Number: 75

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 07:35 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I too joined the party yesterday at 81c.
Below is a paraphrase of a very bullish article by Chalrie Aitkin of Southern Cross which Mook was interested in.

Quite along piece which I'll try and paraphrase:
1 treat like IPO since recapitalisation - different beast now now, no debt.
2 Base price is 70-78c but does not take into account any new projects or rising prices. Full valuation 1.83.
3 Expects to move above $1 quite quickly
4 Cost of production was never more than sales prices even at lowest market point. - Good upside to come
5 10% rise in copper prices will lead to 50% increase in FY10 earnings - good leverage.
6 Still to play catch up with OZL and MRE which recapitalised earlier. See how they've gone.

Baysider

peterloh

Post Number: 3147

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 08:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi baysider, a few years ago, when I was still "shy" of the resources, there was a small cap that I researched and bought 10,000 at $1.60, a standard purchase those days. If you go to the top of the post, you will find it was KZL.I had it for some time till I got rid of it at about $4.50, a year or more later, I do not care for details as it was one of my normal trades.

Today, I am less shy of resources and able to evolve a new strategy after 40 years of trading. I have been through the times, the highs and the lows, still in the business.I have been through the works, both fundamentals, previously my bread and butter, technical analysis, 20 years helps, but I have to accept changes, now I am very comfortable with what I am doing and without stress.

I tried to share some of my ideas with the fraternity here, but my ideas were rejected. There could be some that could have similar ideas, but no one came forward.I am telling you this because of your pointing out the Southern Cross to me, and then I read an article of David Paradice, a much respected, small cap manager, I find that I am not "mad" now.They are others that think the same but get paid for doing their work and giving advice. As the days and months unfold, I believe my eyes are truly open now, and I am able to see things well ahead. I must be careful here and not be complacent in what I do. So far things are going the right way. I thought I timed my entry well in March 2003, I did better in March 2009 as everything has been magnified for me.

Yes, I am revisiting KZL, but this time I am better prepared.

baysider

Post Number: 77

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 09:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Peter

I'm distinctly a novice and will take any help or advice you care to give. You clearly have been trading this stock for a long time and know it much better than me. I consider it a 'risk' stock and have only a very small holding to test the waters. I'm not convinced we won't see a pull back at this time.

Baysider

peterloh

Post Number: 3149

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 12:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

baysider, KZL is a different animal from what it was when I first traded it. It seems to be in many of the base metals now. It used to be only in zinc and lead.With improved base metal prices, this one is likely to break from its recent high fairly soon.It is like a miniature BHP without oil and iron ore. However,its copper, nickel,zinc and lead are doing well now . Its gold resources shouldn't fare too badly either with gold prices near an all time high. Any positive report will see its SP goes higher.

baysider

Post Number: 78

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 03:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look at her go today, another 12% as I write, choice!
PS AQA looks like it's broken the upside as well, sorry I can't post the chart.

Baysider

mook
Username: mook

Post Number: 107

Thursday, July 23, 2009 - 08:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi baysider and stampy, I just realised EQN posted by our resident chartist, hershy look exactly like that posted by stampy on KZL. I hope EQN does the same too as it is a proven copper producer.

stampy

Post Number: 110

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 - 08:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sir Peter, Mook, Baysider, Hershy

I sold out of KZL today. 91.5 near the open. Not the best level but a lovely little win in a week. just s little focused on the resistance at $1. Will look for a buy above 1.1. Thanks for the charts and thoughts.
Regards
Stampy

peterloh

Post Number: 3741

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 03:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KZL had fallen through a few support level. It has rights issues and funds raising activities. However they never seemed to ask for much only barely for their immediate use only.From the last time it was posted, KZL had added on some new lines, such as gold, copper and nickel. It looks like the SP is starting to stir, maybe another false alarm.
It is half its January value, is it going anywhere yet or is it early days still?

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 214

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 04:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It,s havin' a go Peter on volume today,a break through 60
would be a conformation IMHO

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

peterloh

Post Number: 3742

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 06:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it is worth a visit, breaker.

peterloh

Post Number: 3743

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 06:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got on board this morning, so lets hope.

breaker_1

Post Number: 215

Monday, July 12, 2010 - 07:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

good luck

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

peterloh

Post Number: 3744

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 02:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker, report out today worth reading.

breaker_1

Post Number: 217

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 05:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kagara Delivers Positive PreFeasibility Study for Admiral Bay LeadZincSilver Project, Western Australia

Does that mean someone new a few days ago?

I see it a lot lately eg TOL

SP starts to lift then good news comes out,something I will be paying attention to in future

Alexander Graham Bell

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 3203

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 - 09:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guy,
Starting to lurk a bit.

Buy the rumour, sell the news !

Cheers

"Getting angry is like taking a small dose of slow-acting poison,"
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 409

Thursday, July 15, 2010 - 05:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy~!
Great to see you back.
Your forum needs you (as does the weekly comp).
Where you been, man?

peterloh

Post Number: 3745

Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 07:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Volume on Friday indicated,KZL rise may continue for some time yet.KZL had a strong close as a million at .585c was taken out in minutes.IMHO as news rolled out its diversified base metal drilling brings in excellent results.
DYOR

peterloh

Post Number: 3748

Tuesday, July 27, 2010 - 10:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

On closer examination KZL shows excellent volume in the last 2 days of trade. Interesting, it was a break out for KZL with volume yesterday.

peterloh

Post Number: 3751

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 12:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heavy volume going through KZL in the last 4 days, IMHO.
It has gone past 60c now, breaker. What's next?

Peter

peterloh

Post Number: 3752

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 01:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Check chart.

breaker_1

Post Number: 229

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 01:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter,

I would buy in at retrace to 60
150 day EMA could be resistance
Volumes look real good

kzl

Alexander Graham Bell

peterloh

Post Number: 3753

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 01:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker,

Below is the 3 years weekly chart. I don't know where did the volume come from, but consistent in the past 4 days, 6-7 times above normal average.

breaker_1

Post Number: 230

Thursday, July 29, 2010 - 04:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got some at .68

Alexander Graham Bell

peterloh

Post Number: 3756

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Why the change of heart to buy at .68c,breaker? By the way, I bought some at 67c and 66.5c this morning. I couldn't get any at 66c, so I had to move up.
I hope it works out for both of us.
Cheers

Peter

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 941

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Patience you two...it should all be fine! I'm hoping I will be rewarded with mine and get set at 65c(Peter, confluence of those two fast A.Pitchfork lines remember) and even 62.5c.

But then again, I might be the one who has egg on his face for trying to 'fine-tune' my levels too much!

As you said, Peter..."good luck to both of you(us)" but better luck for me, right(I know you won't mind wearing a bit of 'short-term' pain if it gets back to my levels mentioned)!

Cheers
Dolphin

breaker_1

Post Number: 231

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Volume Peter volume

Alexander Graham Bell

breaker_1

Post Number: 232

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

will buy more today

Alexander Graham Bell

peterloh

Post Number: 3757

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 04:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just have to join the master "dolphin", so some additional at close at 65c.I sold out of MAP just to get the few extras.

gdd3

Post Number: 942

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 05:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Master?" Dolphin, "Backbone" Breaker1 and "Pirate" Peter in at 65c....and 219 others...what more could you want; just maybe its up to the Yanks to do their bit tonight.

First 'Port of Call' 62.5c, merely just to pick up the 'misses' share of my bundle, and then its on to the initial destination of 72.5c. After that, its the "voyage to anywhere...i.e distant horizon".

Rest well this weekend fellow KZL holders and by this time next weekend we should be relaxing in the Sun on the decks enjoying the 'voyage'.

Arh!, you can tell that I've been out for my monthly luncheon with my Father!

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S.1)...Interestingly, KZL's biggest 10min volume of the day (~500000)was in the arvo auction and at 65c to boot.

P.S.2)...Apologies in advance for the 'title' labelling....all in jest!

(Message edited by gdd3 on July 30, 2010)

breaker_1

Post Number: 234

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 07:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

picked up more at 66
I shall sleep well knowing i am in such illustrious company

Alexander Graham Bell

muzza
Username: muzza

Post Number: 325

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 12:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys,
I posted on this one in the short term thread - as I have been looking at it that way... perhaps thats an error on my part.

Could not agree more with the last seven or so posts in this thread - nice to read.

best regards
Muzza

peterloh

Post Number: 3762

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 07:17 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Despite the strong run up in its SP, KZL's SP is still below the 30 weeks MA and TMF is still below 0.KZL's SP need to go above 70c and TMF need to go above 0, for it to establish any sort of a trend in the longer term. Last week's effort was an encouraging sign though.

peterloh

Post Number: 3763

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 09:33 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Overnight zinc price up 4%, this will probably give KZL a push this morning.

peterloh

Post Number: 3777

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 10:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi breaker,

Copper price up further overnight, strongest in 3 months and nickel price up $700 per ton, reported Bloomberg. KZL has all these base metals along with zinc and lead. KZL also has its own gold mine in Mungana, things must be looking brighter already.IMHO

Peter

peterloh

Post Number: 3778

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 10:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Expecting a breakout from 70c today.

gdd3

Post Number: 962

Tuesday, August 10, 2010 - 11:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter....

Nearing that 74.5c mark...and this may prove too much for KZL to break in the short-term(wave structure). However, if she can break there next 'port of call' is 80.5c and above there into 'blue skies' being above the A. Pitchfork downtrend and above the 150EMA....but for now I favour 74.5c will be it followed by a pull back into the mid to low sixties...only a close above 80.5 would change my view!

Good Tradin'

Dolphin

peterloh

Post Number: 3779

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 11:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In candlestick charting, KZL established a dominant candle on the 28th of July on a volume of 9.85million. The average transaction was 2 million prior to this. Three days prior to that and on the 29th, the average daily volume was about 7 million.

The mid point of the dominant candle was 65.5c. There was a day that KZL closed at 65c on low volume. On many other days, KZL closed above this level and on 2 occasions, KZL managed to test the 70c level and on Friday it closed at 70c. There was a breakout of 70c yesterday, but due to the overall market which was weak and the XAO losses 54 points, KZL managed to closed at 70c.KZL has strong support at the 67.5c level and any close above 65c, KZL is still considered bullish in candlestick charting.

peterloh

Post Number: 3782

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 05:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I received a message from a very good trader who used to be a member of the fraternal here. The message is " never waste a good crisis". I was thinking how true the words are. Whilst many of us are thinking how and when do we get out of the market, it is times like this that also present an opportunity.
Whilst we do have our differences from time to time, like members in a family, I accept Charles for what he is. Putting aside personalities, he is a very good share trader, especially in short term trading.
It is good to have different views, it is also important to treat others that have different opinions with respect.

hershy

Post Number: 3209

Wednesday, August 11, 2010 - 07:21 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter. Let's go from the bottom up.
Charles.....................

Now the next topic.
KZL.
Whatever the fundamentals, that gravestone of yesterday followed up today but the bearish down candle is not a good omen but all is not bad. KZl had completed an almost perfect 5 way IMPULSIVE move up. Those that know basic Elliot will know that what usually comes next is a three wave counter move and the means down. The question is how far ?
My guess is somewhere between 56 and 60; please note that I said guess. And that will be in three waves.
Should then KZL resume it's bullish persona and head skywards a sort of an inverted head and shoulder pattern would be formed. This pattern will be aiming for the $1 zone. So buying around the 2nd bounce would be the a farly safe entry point.
Comments please.

seahound
Username: seahound

Post Number: 49

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 12:20 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy,

You have proven yourself on IC to have not even 100th of the trading skill of Charles. Yet with bombast, you spray pejoratives to malign him at every opportunity. I recommend you shut up until you achieve his level of performance. When you are of his stature, I will listen to you.

What is it about the dull and lifeless KZL that beguiles you Hershy? You tell that KZL with its bulllish persona, shows “an almost perfect 5 way IMPULSIVE move up.” Such gives you high optimism that KZL will drive up by 51% to a $1, despite your concern about the three wave that will precede. Buy at the second bounce is the go you say. I confess I have no understanding whatsoever of what all that means, except for serious doubt about the $1 bit.

You seek comment about KZL. The following comments might be a bit agricultural for you, but please note, to help you avoid tuning out all together, I have omitted any reference to sailing and the sea.

1. XAO is below the 200 DMA. This tells us not to buy stocks, remain in cash. The 200 DMA averages 200 days of XAO's close. If the ASX market index closes below the 200 DMA, it means that the market has floundered for a long time. The market has insufficient buoyancy to lift stocks, including KZL.

2. KZL itself has also been below the 200 DMA since February this year. Why on earth would you buy a stock in such a low state of energy? The chart tells you it has no oomph, no lift.

3. KZL's long term trend is down, medium trend horizontal, and short term down. Isn't our game to buy higher highs, and higher lows?

3. William O'Neil uses the Relative Strength Comparative (RSC) as a foundational element in his well regarded high performing CANSLIM investment method. An important item for many readers of Investor's Business Daily - O'Neil's daily financial newspaper distributed across the USA each day - is a table of 20 US stocks with the highest RSC rating.

Recently two young Australian researchers back-tested a number of indicators, seeking the one with the highest probability of success. The RSC came out on top. In their book "Stock Market Strategies That Work in Australia" they tell (page 84) that back-testing ASX data from 1995 to 2009 over 157 rolling 12 mth periods, shows that a portfolio of the 10 highest RSC stocks generated a return of 19.88% p.a. if drawn from the ASX100, and 15.3% if drawn from the  ASX300.

They said the 52 week RSC is clearly the most profitable stock selection method in Australia in a trending market (p. 74).

What is the 1 Yr RSC for KZL? It is minus 43%. The 1 Yr RSC benchmark before buying requires an RSC of +50% or more. That seems to make KZL 93% short of the benchmark!

The basics tell KZL has been a stock to stay well clear of for most of this year, whatever the esoteric impulses and waves you divine in KZL Hershy.

Seahound

hershy

Post Number: 3210

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 06:52 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I don't believe I have every criticised Charles' self proclaimed trading ability.
I don't believe I have ever claimed any sort of stature as a trader.
I don't believe I have ever compared myself to Charles - except when he accused me of being gay.
I don't believe you have taken the trouble to read my post correctly.
I do know I have often and repeatedly criticised his behaviour and method of addressing others.
I do believe you must be a relative of the man.
If not, you must be his publicist. Or, as is more likely you and Charles are one and the same.

Besides, re-read my post. What did I say that could possibly be taken as an attack ? Seahound, in your veins flow salt water and vitriol.

I never judge a man by what he does. I judge him by what he is. And that really is enough time wasted on him.

peterloh

Post Number: 3783

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 09:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please, please gentleman, did I stir up an hornet nest?
This reminds me of the ugly side of things which I have forgotten for some time. I have always thought the Forum is one that I enjoy, not somewhere to go to if your dog is not around for you to kick it.

Charles is a very good trader, Hershy is a very good technical analyst. It is easy to be retrospective, but we trade as we see things. We can take all types of different position, depending on how we view the situation.I have stated my position in an earlier post and this is my strategy and I have sticked to it. Whilst I do agree with many of the guidelines on trading that you mentioned seahound, I am sure that IT IS NOT THE ONLY THING that make a good trader. Sometimes, knowledge of the share is also important, as you can read in the earlier posts, that I have been trading this share for some time. Under the current situation, where sentiment has changed, it is easy to make bold statement and be critical. I made the call when KZL was 54c recently and CPU was $1.80 a few years back which clearly showed that it is possible to pick winners without strictly following the guidelines that you mentioned. We all have our own entry and exit strategies and time frame and how comfortable that we are with our trading plans.

Whilst I would like to well come Charles back to the FORUM, I am sure he will agree, that we rather have some fun and enjoyment instead of getting our hands on each other throat all the time.If it is a preview of what is to come, then I would rather not have any of it.

Hershy and I have different opinions quite often, as he happens to be more careful and conservative in his approach.On the other hand, I happen to be bullish and place a lot of emphasis on volume. Quite often, his different approach sounds a note of caution for me, to be more careful. I always value Hershy's comments as I valued Charles.

Colin, my apologies as I did not anticipate this. I am taking a break from the FORUM. I haven't forgotten " do not waste a good crisis" and "here cometh the wind".

Peter

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 672

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 03:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peterloh,

No need to apologize. Charles is respected as a trader, but unfortunately his people skills do not match his trading skills.

Regards,
Colin

hershy

Post Number: 3211

Thursday, August 12, 2010 - 08:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll explain how I interpret KZL's moves another time. I am just flat out doing involved in other duties at this time.

peterloh

Post Number: 3785

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 - 12:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The gravestone which Hershy mentioned is a strong reversal candle at the top of a trend. It is equally the opposite at the bottom of a down trend. I did not place a lot of importance on it if the pattern is sideway. However as mentioned by dolphin the 74c is a strong resistance level, which may not be broken in the first attempt as borne out by the pattern. Sometimes, there is no short cuts, the pattern has to unfold. This is assisted by our volatile market, big falls during the week. Both dolphin and Hershy were right.As the pattern unfold, the gravestone was followed by the rising 3, that is 3 down days, another bullish pattern.KZL is able to stay above the midpoint of the dominant candle. The 3 down days were on lower volume.KZL has continue to consolidate above the mid-point, there is hope yet that KZL will move on from here.The candles are in alignment with the the fundamentals, rising commodity price and falling stock piles at the LME.IMHO

peterloh

Post Number: 3786

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 01:28 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Base metal price up strongly overnight, augurs well for KZL
tomorrow. It should be close to 70c by end of day.IMHO, DYOR.

hershy

Post Number: 3212

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 09:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am taking a few minutes for a quick response to Seahound aka Charles.
My short term view of KZK - as stated in the short term thread is not bullish. I have said that KZL will have trouble getting above 70 cents. So far this has held true. Before it does move above 70 cents I do expect another move down, one that will go below 60 cents. But this is only a theory which is at the mercy of the market gods.
I have no fixation on KZL. I have so little time to spend on charting these days that KZL was the last chart I looked at and that is where my program opened next time I had a look at the market. No other reason for posting on KZL and as I said, my view is purely academic as I am not trading right now.
My observatiosn are:
From it's high at $1.28 KZL has moved down in 3 waves, waves 1 and 2 being equal. Equality of waves is important to note. Since the low at .465. KZL has completed that near perfect 5 wave impulsive recovery and has stopped for a breather. In the process it has :
- broken past a bearish resistance trend line and is 2/3rds
of the way to completing an inverted H&S pattern. We all know that this is a rather successful pattern and is usually found at bottoms. So I put it all together and said that IF Elliott moves go as they aree supposed to, the H&S will be completed. To add to this is the little gap just above the neckline and the larger gap around 93 cents. So from a charting point of view I see a completion on the H&S, the smaller gap being closed then a retest of the neckline. Unless the market goes south taking everything else with it, the larger gap will want to be closed, hence my target around the $1.
This is but a theory and I don't claim it to be anything else.
And this may come as a surprise to you Seahound aka Charles,
I won't be suicidal if I am wrong nor will I claim any kudos if I am right.
Put that in your pipe and smoke it.............

peterloh

Post Number: 3789

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 03:57 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Hershy,

In the chart below, we have impulse Wave 1 recently completed closely followed by Wave 2? We have just started impulse Wave 3, or am I missing something?

hershy

Post Number: 3213

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 08:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,
This is my count:

gdd3

Post Number: 974

Wednesday, August 18, 2010 - 09:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys...

Peter, have to favour Hershy's "Elliott" interpretation possibility over yours, i.e. expect another leg down first before possible advance, for two reasons...

1)...I think we need more 'time' to complete the 'wave 2' you are both referring to; 3 down day's is very unlikely to be 'sufficient'in time to be considered the completion of the correction of the impulsive move up from the July low that you both allude too.

2)...The 'rising 3' that I assume you, Peter, are counting on as completing wave 2 I don't consider as a 'rising 3' as the volumes were much higher than the final up day's(wave(v) of wave 1) preceeding them. Having said that, today's candle(hammer) on higher volume than the last 3 day's questions immediate downside pressure as 'value' was seen at 66.5 c(yesterday's at 65.5c). But then again, many stocks did this today.....in the doldrums....waiting!

If we get the initial pullback that Hershy is suggesting it would only be a better entry for a probable/possible 45%-50% move up assuming the pullback gets to say 58-61c range...BUT we can't go below 56.5c from here, right, for this to hold. Peter, of course we could still move higher from here to 'test the recent high(74c)...to say form aflat correction... but I would still see that we need another minor leg down before going into the wave 3 you are both looking for ultimately.

Adios for the night, and good luck with her(Peter).

Cheers
Dolphin

peterloh

Post Number: 3790

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 12:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin & Hershy,

Thank you for your good wishes.The Bollinger Bands of KZL are beginning to tighten again.
I have noticed that comments have been made that the breakout could be upside or down side.One of the rules of Bollinger Bands is, if the trend is up, there is a higher probability that it will move up.

The rising 3 referred in my previous posts are candlesticks pattern which are bullish patterns, but not in the context of EWs.If one needs to associate it with a chart pattern, I preferred it as a " bullish flag" which are minor patterns.

Like all patterns, these are indicative patterns only and not 100% fool proof. Similarly in charting, we refer to support and resistance as a level and not an exact number, a study on probability and not an exact science.I prefer to use charting as a tool and for the longer term, I still rely on fundamentals.

For many years, I have used Elliot Waves, till someone told me about Incredible Charts in year 2003. Weinstein's book and Snifter, a member here some years ago did have a positive influence on my approach to charting and investing.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 3837

Monday, August 23, 2010 - 03:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

I would like to agree with Hershy's wave count and his approximate target zone of around the 55 cents. That would be the target with wave equality but there is a chance that we may already be nearing completion of wave c. I have pointed to possible waves iii and iv on the chart below but that c leg appears to be too short at the moment.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

peterloh

Post Number: 3791

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 10:34 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rudy, I don't have any preconceived idea on this one, I trade as I see it. I also back what I see, I win some I lose some, hopefully that in the long term I come out on the right side of the ledger.To me, there is no sure thing and no one formula to success.I do respect your views and others here and I hope you will continue to give your opinion.

Cheers

Peter

peterloh

Post Number: 3792

Tuesday, August 24, 2010 - 04:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rudy /Hershy,

Rudy,

You have presented a very nice looking chart. One of my problems with Elliot Waves, is the interpretation aspect.
In charting, we appreciate that it is not a perfect science but it is a useful tool.If everything runs perfectly to a pattern, we can or have a higher probability of reaching an outcome.

Looking at the waves action as shown in your chart, we both agree that the first wave action started at 46.5c . I normally trade the trend, so I just ignore the minor waves action and the minor patterns in between.It is early days yet and I have nominated your small black (a) as the first retracement of the major wave which appears to be 50% of the retracement. This corrective 3 waves action has not been completely play out and your projected target is about 56c which happen to be a bigger correction Fibonacci ratio of 68%. However in your previous sentence you also mention that it is near the completion of wave (c) but appears too short. You are playing safe by mentioning 2 targets but on the visual chart, you appear to favour 56c, a bigger correction.Am I right with this assumption? As I say earlier, I always look at the big picture and if there is a fault I let my feeling as a trader and my reliance on fundamentals had the better of me. Is there any leeway for the interpretation of charts, or do we stick strictly to the guidelines? I am interested in hearing from Hershy and your views on this aspect of Elliot Waves.

peterloh

Post Number: 3793

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:10 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KZL yesterday reported a very optimistic out look and the improved based metals price is confirmed by BHP and RIO reported results.During the year zinc price cash margin has improved from 11c to 29c per pound on an expected production of 50,000 tons. Likewise cash margin for copper has improved from 64c to$1.32 on an expected production of 20,000 tons. Its high-grade underground nickel mine at Lounge Lizard expects 50,000tpa of Nickel ore production, mined under agreement with neighbouring Flying Fox Nickel Mine (Western Areas NL).Admiral bay is expected to mine 72 million tons of ore with 3.1% zinc,2.9% lead and 18 grams per ton silver.
KZL also owns 62% of the Mungana gold mine which has a combined reserves of 1.85 million oz of gold , 180,000t of copper and 13 million oz of silver.
The capitalization of KZL seems to be small compared what it has on its plate.

Check it out(DYOR) IMHO.

rdumas

Post Number: 3851

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 11:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

Whilst it could go down a bit further, the pattern now looks like the abc corrective move may have completed. I would suggest that the reward to risk ratio is now well and truly in your favour. As a matter of fact I might have a bit of a go myself.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

peterloh

Post Number: 3795

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 02:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rudy,

I like your risk/reward ratio approach. With your cautious and conservative approach, this one may turn out to be a "goer", my hope anyway.Your weight may turn the scale to our favour.

Peter

peterloh

Post Number: 3796

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 03:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rudy,

The last time you joined us,I remembered, it was on the CEY gravy train.
I only got off not too long ago at about $5. The train is still going at about $6 now, it will end soon around this area though as Banu wanted to travel alone on it.

Peter

rdumas

Post Number: 3856

Wednesday, August 25, 2010 - 03:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your comments. CEY was more than 2 weeks ago so I have forgotten all about it.

It sure looks like it might be ready to have a move down now. I think that you were wise to exit it.

peterloh

Post Number: 3797

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 12:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have always believed that Hershy is an excellent chartist, I was not wrong. Dolphin and Rudy also confirmed Hershy's interpretation. So I kowtow to these excellent Elliot Waves chartists.
I am mainly a trader/investor and my involvement and my fundamental interpretation frequently cloud my own judgement. Having faith in these people also prompted me to accumulate more below the 60c level, which average down my purchase price. My initial entry price was 54c, however I also disposed half of them at 70c. As I did not believe that it would go below 60c I happened to buy back earlier. This share shows how Elliot Waves played out in the 5 waves and the subsequent retracement of the 3 waves.
The retracement of the major second wave happened to be even steeper than the Fibonacci 61.8%, from the initial stage of 46.5c where the action began and ended 74c, the top of wave 1.If I had bothered with the minor waves, I wouldn't have missed the smaller waves within the 1st wave or the minor waves(3waves in the retracement).The retracement was major as it was over the 61.8% as it was 63.3% from the top.
Very well read guys.

Peter

rdumas

Post Number: 3898

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 03:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

I have been out all day so only just got back. Looking at the chart below if we get wave equality between waves i and v we would terminate at around 67.5 cents.

Please ignore previous advice sent via SMS.

peterloh

Post Number: 3798

Monday, August 30, 2010 - 06:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have spoken to Rudy who assured me that the chart presented by him is an intraday chart of KZL.Once again Rudy has presented Elliot waves very well.

My daily 6 months chart gives a different presentation (picture).My emphasis is on support and resistance level and I placed a lot of importance on volume.I was a student of Elliot Waves for many years but had always elected to be a trader/ investor more than being a dedicated chartist. I leave the refine arts to more capable hands.

KZL initially broke out on the 23rd of June with a dominant candle.On Friday KZL came back to retest this support level and bounce off it which also happened to be the resistant level at the time.KZL never broke this support level and in candlesticks interpretation, KZL is supposed to be bullish still.The MACD histogram also reversed on Friday and started to turn up which is also a bullish sign for the short term.

P&F Index chart

I have marked the 5 Waves action and the subsequent 3 waves retracement. In my longer term chart, the 5 waves is only my wave I in the longer term chart. The completion of the retracement 3 waves is only my wave II. We are only now starting Wave III of the Elliot Waves for the longer term. When I look at this longer term chart, I get very excited as I know a bit about KZL background.
The other bullishness in candlestick is the GAP which I have identified that happened on the 23rd of June and also happened today on KZL. I have used the equilvolume chart as an illustration only. From the 23rd of June, KZL had a very big run as shown in the chart. In candlestick, this GAP is supposed to be bullish. Check this out about GAPs.

http://www.candlestickforum.com/PPF/Parameters/12_73_/candlestick.asp

If the market is bullish, this run would have been very good otherwise as Hershy says "all bets are off". However with all the doom and gloom around, it may hindered KZL's run. Whatever happen and in line with my policy I will retain some KZL even in a bearish market because of its fundamentals. Meanwhile enjoy.

peterloh

Post Number: 3799

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 12:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have found Hershy's chart very accurate and I do like his cautious approach.It would be nice if he can continue to comment on KZL. I have analyse this one on the fundamental aspects, it would be good if he can spare us the time with his technical approach.This invitation also extend to Rudy, Dolphin and whoever is generous enough to give their time.

Cheers,

Peter

gdd3

Post Number: 985

Tuesday, August 31, 2010 - 04:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peterloh,

An update on my August 10th chart. Since the Aug.4/09 and Jan.11/10 tops KZL appears to be still be tracking, and being restricted by, the upper 1/2 of the bearish(yellow) A-Pitchfork shown, and is also being capped by the thickish orange structural trend resistance and the 150EMA(green MA). Even though we momentarily breached above the later two to reach my 74c target on an intra-day basis we have yet to have a daily/weekly close above both. All this is highlighted in the first chart below and all 'warning' signals I would have thought!

Now the short-term chart and the current short-term A-Pitchfork(white) plus the TAZ confirmed buy signal can give some hope that we may get another bash into the mid to high 70's but we need to get a couple of high volume day's above 65c+ I would think whilst not going back below the recent swing low(57c).

Both charts underlining 'crunch-time' for KZL I think. See what the market participants have to say on this one!

Cheers
Dolphin

peterloh

Post Number: 3801

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 03:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A big day in the stock market today, how should I approach KZL? Basing on the MACD and MACD histogram, my short term trade is a buy.DYOR

rdumas

Post Number: 3918

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 03:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

It depends on your trading time frame. I suspect that whilst there may be a little more upside left in the market, the medium term (say 3 weeks)I expect the market to go down. Now the Slow Stochastic on the daily is going up but as you can see on the weekly its going down.

I personally would not be tempted to play it.

peterloh

Post Number: 3802

Wednesday, September 01, 2010 - 04:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with you Rudy on the weekly chart, I was thinking of my position for the short term trading as in my own personal situation which has a different time frame.It is good that you show me the weekly chart.

I also have KZL in my long term portfolio which is only the beginning of the third wave. If my wave identification is correct, the 46.5c is the beginning of a new wave which ended on 74c identified target by dolphin(with accuracy). The retracement from 74c to 57.5c is the second wave (as illustrated in your 3 corrective waves).Correct me if I am wrong, this 3rd wave if run truly as im EW will be 1.5 times or 1.618 as in Fibonacci.This first wave as identified by me took 1 month 10days, where as the 2nd wave took 17 days to complete.The 3rd Wave started last Friday and if the volatility does not affect it, this new wave may take a couple of months to complete.ie if Elliot Waves run true.I can only hope that KZL follow an Elliot wave pattern for my sake, otherwise I will have to resort to support and resistance levels and volume identification(lol).

peterloh

Post Number: 3810

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 04:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look like KZL is following the 1st pattern of Dolphin's chart posted on the 31st August,(the smaller pitchfork facing NE) could be early days yet.
My opinion of KZL has not change for the longer term despite differing opinions given.The 74c window will be gapped sooner than expected. My views are of the longer term and I am aware many have a shorter time frame than me.

hershy

Post Number: 3224

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 07:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

When all else fails, turn the chart upside down for a new perspective.
Do you see the chart in a different light?
Would buy, hold or sell ?
Keep in mind, you are looking to see the opposite of what you look for in the "right side up" chart.

gdd3

Post Number: 999

Thursday, September 09, 2010 - 07:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter and fellow KZL traders/investors...

I concur, KZL seems to be supported by the confluence of the lower prong of the white A-Pitchfork, the thick orange line 'fairvalue' trendline and now sneaking out to the upside of the strong downtrend larger(yellow) A-Pitchfork.

In the short-term, it seems that the TAZ set-up on the 26th and subsequent confirmation is still active with a secondary (fast)TAZ confirmation in today's action all 'favouring' a move to atleast the mid to high 70's soon(blue 2 box). One little technical hurdle to over come(on a close basis) is the 150EMA...now just 1 point away but I think thats inevitable.

Now in the longer-term, assuming the above short-term view is correct and if we get value above 69c in the coming period, then we may be able to start focusing on the SP reaching the $1.00 mark with initial wave equality coming in at abt. 84.5c.

See how we go, ay!

Cheers
Dolphin

peterloh

Post Number: 3816

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 10:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KZL produces copper in Queensland. The high copper prices is an opportunity for them to produce as much as they can to take advantage of the shortage currently in the market.This factor may alone be able to help it to break the strong resistance of 69c in the short term. In the longer term its diversified asset base will carry the day.
Dolphin, your chart does give a good indication of the SP trend.

peterloh

Post Number: 3820

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 04:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Probable inverted head and shoulders mentioned by Hershy target 93c by month end, or wishful thinking?

hershy

Post Number: 3226

Monday, September 13, 2010 - 06:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IF you are bullish on the market overall and IF you are bullish on KZL specifically and IF you don't hold or do but want to add to your holdings this is my view on Kagara.

A down sloping inverted H&S has just completed and broke out.
In a perfect world, this breakout will successfully re-test the neckline and go on to higher and better things. The re-test provides a good entry point. A downs loping H&S pattern has a high success rate ion reaching a target set by the right shoulder so first target after re-test is 81 cents. Obviously before that happens the open gap to .755 needs to be closed. This I see a safe trade - unless the market tanks. After target 1 is reached, we'd be looking at the target set by the head which at $1 would close the next gap on the chart.
The fly in the ointment is the still downloping 200 day EMA which will meet the price action around the top of the first gap.

peterloh

Post Number: 3851

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 03:23 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy/Dolphin,

I have exited most of my KZL. I initially bought them at the first break out at 54c. The second lot which I bought around 67c has been sold. I still maintain the first lot that I bought.

peterloh

Post Number: 3893

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 03:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KZL has a good day.

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1283

Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 12:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I suppose Peter it had something to do with this....

http://www.aspecthuntley.com.au/asxdata/20101013/pdf/01107462.pdf

peterloh

Post Number: 3901

Thursday, October 14, 2010 - 03:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

KZL shows an inverted Head and shoulders
Seahound may like to comment on this selection.It is likely, KZL will return to close the gap.

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1285

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 06:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

Do you have White Cliff Nickel (WCN) on your radar? Do you know anything about the stock? There price went up 30% this week alone.

Regards
David

peterloh

Post Number: 3932

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 10:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi David,

Did not notice your post. I don't know anything about WCN.

Cheers,

Peter

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
PRG - Programmed Maintenance Services Limitedpolpak13-Dec-10  02:00 pm
MMX - 3 Billion tons of iron ore reserves WOWpeterloh12 11-Nov-10  09:28 pm
QR National Prospectusteklen29-Oct-10  09:02 pm
CCLbreaker_128-Oct-10  05:05 pm
HIG - Testing 3 years highpeterloh27-Oct-10  08:15 pm
ROL, IFE and TRFjaded22-Oct-10  10:25 am