You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

MFS

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: long term & fundamental » A Portfolio for To-Day. » MFS

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 1969

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, August 04, 2006 - 12:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I got back into MFS yesterday as I thought it is good value for me. Having traded MFS from, $1.80 and exited a couple of months ago.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 632

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 - 10:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A possibility i guess PL.
I get suspicions when a H&S type pattern target meets with an old support line target.

Going the right way atm, however,will it go through the neck line ?
I guess thats 10% if it doesn't anyway PL.

What do you think of NWS as a stage wotever it is ? 2 ?
And not to forget AUN , rejected the old resistance today

peterloh

Post Number: 1983

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 - 09:30 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Both NWS and AUN are worth looking into,msparks, especially the later in terms of percentage return.The former is a bit pricey unless one is on cfds or option.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 2020

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 01:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got out of MFS early last week and was not certain I made the right decision.Then came Monday, thought what happened to the share price.Didn't want to catch a falling dagger at $3.87, now that it has settled down, pay a little premium and got back in at $4 today.It will mostly likely be a spinning top finish, at the end of the day and with 20c dividends fully frank on the way, thought it is worth visiting again.It will be the second biggest company in the number of rooms service managed second only to Accor once the merger eventuated.

msparks

Post Number: 682

Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 09:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi PL
You have played this one to a tee.
Can you enlighten me on the reason s8 (sel) has dropped in price ?

This mfs seem to have money running out their ears, definitely another b&b or m*bl , as you suggested.

Trouble is with these lot, money flows very easily, like BBWind , lose 16 mil, blame the wind, and then increase the dividend, and to top it off, the share price rises, is it any wonder a man is confused.
Like jbm, pays a divi and a court case and sp rises, like pbg, pays a divi, flat result, the price rises, fairdinkum mate, i am ready to throw in the towel, even my long term FA masterpiece, shv, makes a profit, predicts more to come, pays a divi, the price stops at the top of the channel and starts down again, geewizzamejenkens, how do you pick em !!!
Duggy is on a role, phk,nav,smx,and a few others.
You picking well too PL.
MFI , not big enough for you PL, heard anything about the boss ? Old rcd man with a few others.

dug
Username: dug

Post Number: 1428

Friday, September 08, 2006 - 09:38 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Remembered an ol'Stock Pick System,Msparks.I'll be writing about it soon but it MAY be one of d'Chucks methods.I'll look forward to your comments,hey?
As to S8,there's a court case shaping up on the Gold Coast by the owners of the Appts they manage.Seems S8 was gouging the Management Fees,had dummy service providers or something that caused like 50/60% of receipts to be channeled off from the owners.As with all court proceedings it's all going to be resolved in the Long Term but S8 is looking "dodgy",profit figures inflated etc blah.

Happy Trading.

Dig for the sake of it.

peterloh

Post Number: 2026

Friday, September 08, 2006 - 10:50 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MS

My thought is, there could be a small element of doubt that the merger may not go through, if that is the case then the share price will come back to where it was before the bid.It look similar to OST on SSX where the share price went up when the bid was announced and retrace slightly after that. The merger will take some time to eventuate and some SEL shareholders may want to use the money elsewhere now that the SP has been capped.You would think from the announcement that the price is lower using SEL to get into MFS.

I have always maintain that, if you want to be a customer of the bank, why not own the bank and I would rather own shares in the investment bankers than investing in their infrastructure funds.AS MBL and BNB have already got away from me, I am hoping this one may take off too.In time to come MFS may hive off the apartments and the travel business on to a future fund and probably managed the business on behalf of unit holders.

I can't comment on other areas of the movement of the SP of other companies as I have not looked into them. It could be the information has already been factor into the SP and thus when the news come out, the price start to adjust itself.

msparks

Post Number: 683

Friday, September 08, 2006 - 01:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Look forward to a plan that works Dug.

So is MFS a good buy now, thats the question.

I read about sel being a bit of a shonky, ripping their own customers for management fees, well at least they like to make a quid , but if they lose in court, could be a big payback to all those poor buggers trying to have a cheap holiday , or was it the unit owners that were "touched", doesn't matter.

MF.I is my early entry into a MF.S,MB.L,BN.B ... PL.
It is not the price of the share that counts is it ? MBL is a buy with mr huntley i think.

peterloh

Post Number: 2032

Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 09:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MS,

As I am for the longer term, I would like to buy it after it has retraced, otherwise, it is a long way down, if buy on break out.TSE is only the one that I bought just when it was about to break out and there is still a chance soon that it will test the resistance level. Although it hasn't broken out at least I get the 2 for 9 TSE share at $7.50 when I bought them at $8.61 and at least I am getting the 13c fully franked dividends too.Who says, Sept/Oct is the time to go fishing, it could be a time to pick up some good shares that we may not be able to in other months.Buying straw hats in winter, when can you get them any cheaper!
TSE is doing the same thing as WOR and UGL which SP has gone up substantially. TSE is now doing the same by making the acquisition so as to have a regular and stable cash flow from its investment services. I think the bundling off of its infrastructure holding will improve TSE's balance sheet and at the same time increase its profitability.

As for PBG, I think you have misjudged it. PBG has to increase profit in the second half by 10% so that its profitability is the same as last year.It certainly did that.In other words their new acquisition will bring in the bacon in the new year that is 2007.If you can compare the results of last year's first quarter with this year first quarter, you will see an increase in profit of over 10-20% plus at least because of the new acquisition and the synergies of the new acquisition coming through.I think the share price of PBG is currently being rerated and I am looking forward to their half yearly report.

SMH mentioned that private equity is having a peek at PBG, since then we haven't heard anything.I am surprised some of PBG big suppliers didn't have a look in as PBG will act as a good distribution outlet for them.

peterloh

Post Number: 2156

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 04:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Took profit on MFS at $4.35 recently, having also pocketed the dividends of 20c fully franked.It has been a pleasure riding this one.

kate
Username: kate

Post Number: 490

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 02:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter, did you get back into MFS? If you did could you have a look at the market depth, there are countless orders for 181 shares and I haven't a clue what it means.

Many thanks
Kate

dug
Username: dug

Post Number: 1928

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 03:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trading Halt,kate.The Depth Board is irrelevant because it gets scrubbed clean before Resumption.
See Price Manipulation thread Markets Section.Ingot54 has some deep explanatory links to "small parcel" Trading.

Dig for the sake of it.

kate

Post Number: 491

Tuesday, December 19, 2006 - 06:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Dug.

peterloh

Post Number: 2266

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 04:31 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kate,

I am out of MFS for the moment. It has been a great money spinner for me.Despite the gloom & doom of dug and MS, this one has gone really well.Why don't these guys know when they are beaten.When you mixe with them enough some of this negativity is rub on to you, OR we can double our trade whenever these guys have something contrary to say of the ones that we pick.I am waiting to get back in but not when it has a strong run, but rather wait for its retracement.

good luck,Kate

kate

Post Number: 492

Wednesday, December 20, 2006 - 08:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter,

I only go by what the charts tell me and usually enter positions very quickly. They are usually high probability setups so my initial stop loss is close to entry price, if I hesitate I lose that advantage.

Regards
Kate

PS As human beings we seem to be more influenced by negative events than those which are positive. I think it is a way of ensuring our species is always striving to improve, the problem is that it leads to doubts and undervaluing ourselves. Seeing ourselves as "right" or successful takes a lot more hard work. Trust your judgement.

tryhay
Username: tryhay

Post Number: 655

Monday, July 02, 2007 - 12:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More than 6 months since a post here and the chart has changed dramatically. Share price looks to be supported by the short term trend, number of price sensitive announcements, and short and long term indicators turning +ve.

Weekly chart:

mfs

Bought in today

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
ABC is not learning but a building material supplierpeterloh22 12-Jul-10  01:48 am
CSR - No Business Correlationtryhay30-Sep-07  11:18 am
TLSCA - T3 Different From T2wadda12-Mar-07  11:25 pm
JST - A Star In the Making?peterloh44 11-Mar-07  10:59 pm
TWR Is there more to go?peterloh27-Feb-07  12:31 am
SAI - Ready to take off again?peterloh27-Feb-07  12:23 am
MRL - Starting to flex its muscles.peterloh23 27-Feb-07  12:20 am
PBG - Diversified income flowpeterloh29 12-Feb-07  11:10 pm
TransField TSEpeterloh22 06-Feb-07  09:34 pm
Alumina Ltd AWCpeterloh26 25-Jan-07  03:04 am
What do I look For?peterloh11 22-Nov-06  11:34 pm
KZL - multiply last quarter by 4?rederob22-Nov-06  07:17 pm
TSE - new toy from thommopeterloh22-Nov-06  04:58 pm