You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

CSR - No Business Correlation

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: long term & fundamental » A Portfolio for To-Day. » CSR - No Business Correlation

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 1974

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 10:14 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Diversification is a means of reducing risk. CSR's sugar and building business is on the opposite end of the business circle.Sugar is doing well but building sulks at the moment.CSR capital management provides a support on its share price.If demand for sugar drops, then CSR will really have some problems, on the other hand if the building industry recovers in 6 months time as the most populous states ,like NSW and Vic recovers from its current depressed market things will be rosier for CSR. Lets hope the interest rate has peaked or about to peak, the building industry will have a break.At this level I have selected CSR as one in my portfolio, as the upside risk is greater then the downside risk which is market volatility.CSR has a good cash flow. In volatile times, CASH is King.Will post a chart when I get the opportunity.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 1978

Monday, August 07, 2006 - 10:24 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CSR has gone below the 30weeks moving average for some time and if past pattern is any guide, it may move up soon. For conservative traders, they may wait till the SP moves above the 30 weeks MA first. In the daily chart, there is divergence between the SP and the RSI and also CSR has bounce off the bottom 3 times and it is likely to move up from here.It is one of my selection of fallen angel besides MFS and AWC.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 2079

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 05:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Only the RSI stays above.

peterloh

Post Number: 2157

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 04:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sold this one at a loss, as I need the funds to buy more of MRL at $1.55 a couple of days ago.

mrbrown66
Username: mrbrown66

Post Number: 69

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 06:38 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hold. I bought in recently at $3.18 after the double bottom. It then rose to $3.40 and a couple days ago fell back to $3.12. It has recently recovered to $3.20. Remains to be seen whether this double bottom will play out like QAN. But I do hope so...

There are hints that mergers and acquisitions bonanza may touch this one, which may make for an interesting ride.

peterloh

Post Number: 2201

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks like you enjoy bottom fishing too mrbrown.I bought at 3.36 and sold at $3.18 ex divs of 6c.I lost on holding cost and $1500 for the CSR trade which I kept for 3 months.Lucky in a way as I was testing water and only committed 50% of my normal portfolio. It wasn't one of my better trade.With the money, I have recover it on MRL now.I was not prepare to hold as the company downgrade its profit. As a principle I won't hold any share that has a profit down grade and also I won't hold on to a share because it is cheap and is waiting to be taken over.Having said that CSR is worth a short term trade currently.I am willing to put my money in CSR again when its SP rises above the 30weeks moving average.

tryhay
Username: tryhay

Post Number: 747

Sunday, September 30, 2007 - 11:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CSR looks to be going through its annual cycle: has been consolidating but volume/price suggest perhaps ready to run up November dividend. Yes has not quite broken out but I suggest wont be too long now (came up on a recent scan)....

May also be supported by "Sept. 19 (Bloomberg) -- Sugar jumped 4 percent, the most in three months, after C. Czarnikow Sugar Ltd. said supplies will tighten as Brazil diverts more of its cane harvest, the world's biggest, to ethanol production" etc. To contact the reporter on this story: Ron Day in New York at rday1@bloomberg.net .

CSR Daily Chart: Some indicators looking +ve.

csr
Bought in last week - anyone else following it?

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
ABC is not learning but a building material supplierpeterloh22 12-Jul-10  01:48 am
MFStryhay16 02-Jul-07  12:01 pm
TLSCA - T3 Different From T2wadda12-Mar-07  11:25 pm
JST - A Star In the Making?peterloh44 11-Mar-07  10:59 pm
TWR Is there more to go?peterloh27-Feb-07  12:31 am
SAI - Ready to take off again?peterloh27-Feb-07  12:23 am
MRL - Starting to flex its muscles.peterloh23 27-Feb-07  12:20 am
PBG - Diversified income flowpeterloh29 12-Feb-07  11:10 pm
TransField TSEpeterloh22 06-Feb-07  09:34 pm
Alumina Ltd AWCpeterloh26 25-Jan-07  03:04 am
What do I look For?peterloh11 22-Nov-06  11:34 pm
KZL - multiply last quarter by 4?rederob22-Nov-06  07:17 pm
TSE - new toy from thommopeterloh22-Nov-06  04:58 pm