You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

WYL - Lady Hilarius won't let go

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: long term & fundamental » A Portfolio for To-Day. » WYL - Lady Hilarius won't let go

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 1994

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 01:14 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WYL, I have selected for my self managed superfund mainly because of the special dividends/ a yield play which will take care of the contribution and CGT. According to my guideline, profitability is expected to improve in subsequent year, good dividends yield, cash flow and further cost deduction in the near future.
In the weekly chart, it is at support trend level and in the daily chart MACD histogram is turning positive again.I picked up WYL last week. For Weinstein follower, they may wait for the SP to cross over the 30weeks MA before entry.I am taking a calculated risk because of my understanding of the fundamentals.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 2021

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 01:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Collected 69c dividends on the way, the SP is looking attractive again with more white candles than black recently.WYL used to be an icon in the paint industry in Australia and employees were encouraged to own shares in the company,however it looks more likely to be a takeover target now for private equity or a foreign paint company who may want to have a presence in australia.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

redrover
Username: redrover

Post Number: 695

Friday, September 08, 2006 - 01:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, I accepted the Barloworld offer and sent off the forms, rubbing my hands with glee in anticipation of getting the $5.80.

However, after the takeover failed (couple of months later), the shares came back to me and now I'm stuck with them at $2.7x. ccc

peterloh

Post Number: 2031

Sunday, September 10, 2006 - 09:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

redrover,

I got in at $2.96 cum dividends, if you haven't sold at least you will get the 40c special divs and the 6c dividends too, fully franked to 100%.At current SP $2.76 plus 67c divs, it is actually $3.43 now and I think it will still move up a bit more as some would like to average down a bit.I have been following WYL for some time ever since Hilarius mentioned it in another post.It looks like it is still a target for a foreign predator who may like to have a presence in Australia.
WYL has not suspended its dividends reinvestment plan, it is however using the dividends to buy back the shares from the market, so that the shares are at least not diluted.I think that is a smart move.It the building industry pick up again, it will WYL will perform better.

peterloh

Post Number: 2081

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 11:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WYL has paid a special dividend of 40C and a dividend of 6c all 100% fully franked.The Bollinger Band is tightening again and Twiggs money flow is rising, a break out is likely to occur soon. I hold.

eric
Username: eric

Post Number: 12

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 12:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am holding WYL too, collected the div. the bollinger band is narrowing, to my mind, indicating a breakout. Up or down? According to Twiggy, it should go up. I hope so.

Eric

Time frame: as long as it takes

peterloh

Post Number: 2085

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 12:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

redover,

The Barloworld offer was $3.80 and not $5.80.The 69c dividends(tax included) at least help ease the pain.There should be another opportunity in the near future, as I view it as a takeover target.

Eric,

Agree with you that the probability is on the upside for the breakout.

cheers

eric
Username: eric

Post Number: 13

Wednesday, October 04, 2006 - 02:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, Peter, probabilities is all that we got to deal with. 2.82 at the moment

Eric

Time frame: as long as it takes

peterloh

Post Number: 2155

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 04:21 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taken profit on WYL. It was a fairly good ride with capital return, dividends etc.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
MFStryhay16 02-Jul-07  12:01 pm
TLSCA - T3 Different From T2wadda12-Mar-07  11:25 pm
JST - A Star In the Making?peterloh44 11-Mar-07  10:59 pm
TWR Is there more to go?peterloh27-Feb-07  12:31 am
SAI - Ready to take off again?peterloh27-Feb-07  12:23 am
MRL - Starting to flex its muscles.peterloh23 27-Feb-07  12:20 am