You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

MRL - Starting to flex its muscles.

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: long term & fundamental » A Portfolio for To-Day. » MRL - Starting to flex its muscles.

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 2066

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Wednesday, September 27, 2006 - 09:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MRL is definitely a recovery stock.Sticking my neck out, I am predicting as sure as the sun rise in the East and set in the West, MRL will continue to rise from its ashes. The trend will continue from here on after a period of consolidation at this level, so just watch this corner.When ever opportunities arise, I shall be adding to the portfolio.

MRL is having a capital return of 20c and there after, a capital reconstruction which will reduce every share from 10 shares to 8 shares.Once this exercise is completed,MRL will resume the distribution of dividends from this year onwards.

The increase in revenue and profitability is on track and tend to be in the upper level of the forecast.With the progress of rolling out new stores and now changing its name to autograph, it will have a new trendy image which will only assist in its growth.

Charts wont give you the above information, but FA and research will.The fundamentals will drive the share price or shall we wait for the TA sentiment to move it!

I called MRL today to inform them that Comsec has a 100% franking on their capital return which is in correct.The company and CFO called me back and checked on what I told them and came back to tell me that I have been correct and they will ask Comsec to correct the error.The vibes are good on the progress of MRL.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 2077

Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 05:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thought I will post chart on MRL.Major resistance being $1.85, there after higher target, all by year's end.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 2123

Friday, November 10, 2006 - 11:13 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The new share is called MRLDA Specialty Fashion Store after a change of name.The share has a returned of capital of 20c per share and a reconstruction and consolidation of capital of 10shares into 8.The share has recently been sold down to $1.61 which is great value.I anticipate it will bounce back from here. MRL management announces that it will resume dividends this year.

mrbrown66
Username: mrbrown66

Post Number: 66

Friday, November 10, 2006 - 06:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

Just wondering if you think the transition from MRL to MRLDA and the reduction in share numbers had an impact on the price? MRL disappeared from Comsec for a few days, it must have confused others as well who didnt read the announcements carefully.

There is nothing to indicate any negative news other than the interest rates rises, which have very mildly affected other retail stocks in the past week, but a 7% drop is far more than other retail stocks.

I hold

peterloh

Post Number: 2126

Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 10:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mrbrown,

The drop is certainly worst than the 7%, it is more like 12.5%.Cosequently I have been toping up on MRLDA.

Allowing the day it went ex,MRL was trading $1.88. If we have 10 shares,the total price was $18.80.Allowing the capital return of 20c per share which will reduce the price of the 10 shares to $16.80.The share is then consolidated into 8 shares which is $2.10 per share.

If the share was trading $1.70 before it went up, then the return of capital of 20c will reduce it to $1.50 per share.A consolidation of 10 into 8 will mean the price should be $1.87.At $1.635, MRLDA is discounted about 13%.

Many chartist has lost its way as the charts do not reflect this drop.I anticipate MRLDA will pick up from here, as it is very oversold.

With Best Wishes,

PL

peterloh

Post Number: 2128

Monday, November 13, 2006 - 09:05 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can anyone tell me what is the new ASX code for Millers?. I thought it is SFG ie Specialty Fashion Group, but comsec wont accept the new code and the old code MRLDA is invalid.

peterloh

Post Number: 2129

Monday, November 13, 2006 - 09:10 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

They revert back to MRL till the end of the month. They have dropped off DA because it is no longer a deferred settlement, I think.

peterloh

Post Number: 2133

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 10:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just received $23650 capital return from MRL.It is going back to buy more MRL shares.Putting my money where my mouth is.Hope it turns out all right.

mrbrown66

Post Number: 67

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 10:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I topped up yesterday as well.

peterloh

Post Number: 2134

Tuesday, November 14, 2006 - 12:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mrbrown,

I don't think we made a negative decision in topping up on MRL.
JST dropped was worst at 18% from the top but gradually over 2 weeks all because of .0025 interest rate increase.I sold at about $4, and bought 30Ks at $3.60. Profit like MRL has increased and they also sold their 5% holding in Colorado which mean additional profit. Both are closing non profitable stores and opening profitable new stores which means additional profit and cut losses.These shares growth are not as spectacular as resources but more steady so I anticipate less volatile, the recent retrace opens a window of opportunity for me to get in again and also top up.

peterloh

Post Number: 2142

Monday, November 20, 2006 - 08:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MRL appears to be oversold at this level.

peterloh

Post Number: 2143

Monday, November 20, 2006 - 09:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MACD & DMI turning upwards for MRL.

peterloh

Post Number: 2145

Tuesday, November 21, 2006 - 12:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yesterday's white candle plus today's long white candle form an engulfing white candle for MRL.Together with other positive indicators,DMI and MACD turning up, augurs well for MRL.With a new name at the end of the month, should bring fresh air into this share.

peterloh

Post Number: 2193

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 03:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MRL is on the support level around $1.63. It is likely that it will move up from here in the next 2 days.With a new name from the 1st of December, things will change for the better for MRL. It is also like a fresh start in a new company.The existing price of $1.63 is equivalent to $1.50 in June, due to a capital reconstruction, ie consolidating 10 shares into 8 shares.The smaller capital will mean a higher return per share, thus a lower PE ratio still and a higher earning per share.Bought more of MRL today at $1.63.

peterloh

Post Number: 2197

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 12:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In the market again to get more MRL, a well come to the new name and a new day for the old MRL.Some other people are thinking the same, volume is building up on this one.mr brown, did you see the volume going through on MRL?

mrbrown66

Post Number: 68

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 06:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

Yes I did. Also noticed today the stock has gone off the air as MRL. Looking forward to seeing what transpires after they go live with the new name.

JST and some of the other retails have seen their share price weaken in recent weeks. Lets see if MRL can shake it off.

peterloh

Post Number: 2200

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 10:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mrbrown,

Today, report on retail sales indicate it has gone up half a percentage point. When the last interest rate was announced the rag trade took a beating.Generally the retail business was not that crash hot, but the management of JST, PBG and MRL(recently) has been exceptional in the way they managed the companies.Generally there are 2 major ways to do it, ie increase sales or reduce cost.JST, through closing unprofitable stores and opening more new stores, plus expansion in NZ and new stores in South Africa.Faster delivery of fashion from increase demand,thus maintaining good margin and more sales.
PBG through acquisition of bed comfort and new lines of business, getting rid of competition and increasing sales.They are also reducing cost in a big way, centralising buying in China and also shipment to customer stores directly reducing handling and delivery cost.They are reducing cost and increasing sales in a big way. They also invested in a computer systems for sales and delivery, keeping inventory low, thus also saving on financial cost.
MRL is re-branding, transferring their centralised buying to Shanghai, China.They also restructure their capital using a small capital. They are also debts free, and is in line for an acquisition.They are also increasing the number of stores. Of the 3, I feel MRL is operating more conservatively than the other two.They should have an acquisition into a same or similar type of business using debts to finance their operations.MRL is coming off from a very low base and has more room for improvement in their SP when they get it right.The business doesn't look that exciting but they are catering for a different market.
All the 3 have lots of room for improvement.

Understanding the companies well is an advantage, ie I am able to buy them at near their turning points.I bought more of MRL yesterday and today at the days near low, which is an advantage.The big buyer has not returned today, which gave me an opportunity to buy more.

THE RAG TRADE IS NOT ALL THAT EXCITING COMPARE TO THE RESOURCE BOOM CURRENTLY. It gives me a chance to diversify and I tend to have smaller profit for my trade but more frequently exercised.Any share that gives me 25-50% return in a year meets my requirement.

dfhill
Username: dfhill

Post Number: 37

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 02:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is not intended as criticism, but I can see no indicators other than the steps they have taken to try to engineer a turnaround that would signal this as a buy.

peterloh

Post Number: 2220

Tuesday, December 05, 2006 - 03:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi dfhill,

Agree with you, infact the share price is heading down,trigger by stop loss selling. Retail shares have been weak since the november announcement of the interest hike of 25 basis point.You will notice the last post on indicators was on the 21st November.IMH at the moment, however all my gains have been wipe out.The health of this share may well depend on any report that comes out in the future.It is no consolation that I know some fund managers may have an average cost higher than the current price.A good report from MRL will turn it all around.

peterloh

Post Number: 2374

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 10:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SFH - The former MRL which has a change of Name. Today's candle answer the doubters. I managed to maintain faith on this one and it is now paying the DIVIDENDS.I haven't sold out on this one, dug, just as I have bought back more of JST on retracement.Always have faith in good management.

mrbrown66

Post Number: 78

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 12:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gangbusters ! Im still in as well, and I bought more back when they transitioned to SFH.

Big movement today, excellent news.

peterloh

Post Number: 2380

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 11:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well done mrbrown,like you I also bought more, but traded it. I still have my original long term holding when I decided to change from a short term to a long term trade.
Keep an eye on JST which has yet to report,I am more confident about the results of the rag trade now.

For SFH, a break out and a dominant white candle today.

peterloh

Post Number: 2393

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 12:20 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This angel is truly on the way back.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»