You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

JST - A Star In the Making?

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: long term & fundamental » A Portfolio for To-Day. » JST - A Star In the Making?

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 2072

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, September 28, 2006 - 02:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Have this one in my portfolio, bought last year.Currently showing signs of NNE bound after a period of ranging after initial break out at $2.50.Break out today, rumours of it buying CDO or ORL.JST is a well managed company with potential, my observation only.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 2099

Thursday, October 05, 2006 - 05:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Approaching resistance level again.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 2122

Friday, November 10, 2006 - 10:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JST has returned to support level again after reaching for the blue sky.Having sold JST near the top, yesterday's inverted hammer presented with an opportunity to get into JST today.

peterloh

Post Number: 2127

Sunday, November 12, 2006 - 10:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The correction of JST is about to come to an end.It has been adjusted 18% from its stop.Like MRL, it is caused by the increase in the .25% interest rate.JST has been having a great set of figures. Having sold out of JST last month before the retracement, I thought at this level, JST is a great price, and accordingly I went into JST last Friday.

peterloh

Post Number: 2131

Monday, November 13, 2006 - 01:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Another spinning top or doji in the making today.MACD starting to turn around.

peterloh

Post Number: 2132

Monday, November 13, 2006 - 10:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The resistance level was established way back in May and there were many resistance along the way as shown in the chart of JST. All these resistance will form a very strong support level.JST has managed to double its profit in 5 years which is an average of 20% per annum.It has also been increasing its dividend yield.JST will realised it small holding in Colorado which will earn it a few million dollars on top of what it normally earns. If they don't have any use of the money, it is likely they will give a special dividend because of the strong cash flow, or they may use it to have a share buyback.Its a rag trade,at least it is consistence.

peterloh

Post Number: 2146

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 01:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A very good result and report from JST. Their venture into South Africa is also on track according to management. Another source of income flow!!

peterloh

Post Number: 2147

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 02:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Big volume going through in JST, several times over normal volume.

peterloh

Post Number: 2148

Wednesday, November 22, 2006 - 03:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Big sales going through at $3.61 for JST. In a similar case to MRL, stop loss selling came in, pushing the price down to $3.45.With a dividend of 17c per annum 100% franked, we are looking at a dividend yield of 5.8%.There is prospect for growth as last 5 years growth average 20% per annum.This financial year, there are going to be more new stores opening and also a joint venture in South Africa is tracking with improved results.It is a case of buy on rumours and sell on news. However, in the case of JST, the SP hasn't gone up before the release of the news, so when SP of JST retrace due to mechanical stop loss,the SP is starting to look attractive.Having bought at $3.62 before release of the annual results,I was reluctant to sell at $3.67 which was an error as I could have bought back later on.Having reassess JST again, I have decided to more than double my holding. AXA, fund manager has also increase its substantial holding in JST.The average weighted transaction was $3.5621.

peterloh

Post Number: 2164

Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 02:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vermante
Username: vermante

Post Number: 606

Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 07:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter

JST has retraced to the current trend line- which could hold.However the bearish engulfing candle coupled with high volume casts a negative shadow in the short term. Will be monitoring with interest.

Do you have the figures for rate of change in earnings for EPS over the last 5 years?

cheers

Vermante

peterloh

Post Number: 2165

Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 09:04 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kate,

I have the following figures EPS obtained from Comsec.
2004 18.3
2005 19.1
2006 26.2
2007 28.2
2008 30.4
2009 32
(2007 - 2009 must be projected figures, nevertheless, their EPS growth has been impressive.)
JST has double their sales in 5 years and profit wise has increased 4 folds, according to their annual report.
Most of these rag traders are conservative compared to the recent resource explorers.
JST dividend yield of $5.78 at this price is far superior than the all ords which is 4.16 and the sector of 3.5.

I tend to agree with AXA Funds Management on the potential of the company.Australian are prone to last minute shopping, so I am less inclined to be concern with the current drop in sales of 4%. JST is involved with fast fashion, that is their ability to land a finished garment at the shortest possible time to meet demand.

There is an article in the Herald today which suggest that JST can be a predator and also at the same time be a prey at the current price level to private equity or some other groups. I am impressed by their JUST Machine which can react to fash changes of fashion and demand. JST management is certainly impressive.

I have put my money where my mouth is, the best thing I can do now is to wait and see how things unfold in the near future.JST is not a company in difficulty as it is rolling out new stores and currently expanding into South Africa and New Zealand. The report back is on target and this will help with JST profitability.

There were big transactions at $3.61, which means a large buyer was willing to pay that price to obtain the shares.Subsequent to that stop loss selling came in, which gave me an opportunity to increase my holding on JST at a lower price.

peterloh

Post Number: 2166

Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 09:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kate,

I also believe there are a lot of short selling going on on JST, especially with the use of CFDs.When these short sellers start to cover their shorts there will be a quick rebounce.
We will soon know, especially when we are in a bull market.

tbreak
Username: tbreak

Post Number: 67

Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 09:24 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just grabbed some this morning.
Fingers crossed Peter.

peterloh

Post Number: 2167

Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 09:38 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tbreak,

I like shares which management has a good track record.JST has certainly proven they can deliver the goods in the past.The increase rise of .25 basis point has been off set be the drop in the pump petrol price of 20%. Gerry Harvey says only one third of the population is being affected by the interest rise as one third rent and the other one third has their house paid off.Also for investment loans, the interest is tax deductible.

dug
Username: dug

Post Number: 1750

Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 10:26 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope you don't mind me butting in,Peter Loh but a couple of thoughts occur to me.

Firstly the Big Transaction at 61 yesterday.Was that the 300,000 odd at 3.61?Rather than a BUY as such,it may have been a Transfer to facilitate Shorting.JST has some 270 million Shares on Issue[SOI] so 300k is not anywhere near 1% of SOI so doesn't need reporting within 3 days as a Change in Substantial.
You know a lot more about Shorting than I,Peter so your thoughts on the Shorting mechanics would be extremely valuable to me and others.

Second one should note the 200 EMA location/price.Today JST is hitting it and thus is toying with "Officially" being declared in DownTrend.

Thirdly,Sth Africa and New Zealand are not Hot Beds of Retail.Also profits from there,if Substantial and Significant would put JST out of the Franking System 100%.It would or could involve them in Currency Hedging which most companies find a "Challenge".

Lastly a look at the chart shows a history of Ranging in a 20% odd band.This has a Gap in the high $2 mark.One COULD suspect that IF this breaks the 200 EMA it MAY revisit such levels?
All in all You may have caught a Falling Knife.

Happy Trading.
JohnR

Dig for the sake of it.

peterloh

Post Number: 2168

Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 12:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi dug, the Resident Pessimist,In a Bull Market

How's dat, against the Resident Optimist, peterloh in a Bear Market!!

FYI the following are the big transactions before the stop loss selling and the short sell came in.If it is a mere 300,000 share transaction, I wouldn't have bother, but it is nearer to 40% of the day's transaction. I believe many of the traders went along for the ride, that include borrowing shares to sell. I do not believe that the long term holders will cut their own throat. JST also has 1% index in most of the all ords weighting.I believe many like myself has already reweight or disposed of their holding near the top, thus the retracement, up till yesterday, which I believe the hedge funds or short sellers are in there to make a quick buck.

2.46pm 750,000 at $3.62
3.02pm 500,000 at $3.61
3.04pm 353,945 at $3.61
3.21pm 135,000 at $3.61

dug, you can trace this in commsec yesterday's course of sale. The record of sales is still there. I saw the transaction as it went through in my pro-trader 2.
I agree that the expansion into South Africa are no big deal, but it may just help JST maintain its growth at this stage of their development.

Also for doubters my trades in PBG and MRL speak for themselves.These shares were bought went everyone else were selling and also at that time you happened to be one of the doubters.I also happened to pick near the turning point.The trade in JST today will signal a consolidation at this level or even an immediate rebounce in the near short term.JST has already retrace about 12.8% before yesterday's onslaught. When you are back at the channel and support level, it is a retracement of 18% from the top.I can only see one way JST will go, and that is up from here.I look at it more as a short term trade, which may turn out to be a long term one, depending on the Christmas shopping and JST is very adaptable in their supply to meet immediate demand.

dug

Post Number: 1752

Thursday, November 23, 2006 - 03:38 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now I know you,Peter are an exponent of Positive Thinking while I'm just happy to be able to think!

But me the pessimist in a Bull Market?C'mon Mr Loh surely your not saying the Rag Trade is in a Bull Market?

Even your JST Man Direct at the Annual General spun out the tale of woe based on the weather and rate rises and IF one remembers last years speech where he did that "cute" line about Just Jeans customers are not concerned by Rate Rises,being so affluent as to be beyond such mundane concerns,well,it's a bit of a different tune this year,hey?
He put out a Profit Warning this time,pretty much,right?

Anyhow I see above you are classifying this as perhaps only a Short Termer,so,I won't bother countering your thoughts which are always Valuable for me to get some insight into how the Respectable are coping.

regards,
JohnR

Dig for the sake of it.

peterloh

Post Number: 2181

Sunday, November 26, 2006 - 11:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vermante, sorry for calling you kate,I do not know why I did it,my apologies.

dug, you aware the fixed term interest rates has come down, in other words, short term variable up, whilst long term it is down. I know you are bearish against the rag trade, whilst I am bullish for the reason,PBG and MRL were coming off from a very low base, whereas JST is a proven commodity,eg profit increase by four folds in 5 years, ie what I call good management, like QAN management willing to make the difficult decisions.JST, reversal, at least AXA an existing shareholders is increasing its holding in JST.

peterloh

Post Number: 2186

Tuesday, November 28, 2006 - 02:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JST is holding up today in a very touch market.The recovery is not over yet.

tbreak

Post Number: 70

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 12:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

Did you watch the trades by any chance. It appears somebody is trying to hold JST down. I did not watch the last hour but during the day there where times orders would come through as soon there appeared any upward momentum and not far behind them at times where trades with a volume of 233 always hitting the bid. I just countered over 140 trades with a volume of 233 for the day.

We still had a green candle and might find out how deep there pockets are tomorrow.

(Message edited by Tbreak on November 29, 2006)

peterloh

Post Number: 2192

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 03:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tbreak, the small lots that were sold was probably an instos releasing part of their holding.At the same time another one was increasing its holding. On balance the buying has continued, thus we see that the share is attempting to move up.

On Friday when JST was trading down, there were large lots transacted at $3.61, we can only assume that this insto is willing to buy at $1.61 will definitely continue to buy at the lower price.JST's SP has been retracing from a high of about $4.30, thus when the off handed remark that sales were down in November, I think most of this has already been factor into the SP.The continuous fall was most probably due to stop loss selling and short selling which the sellers will have to cover some time. I actually sold 40ks today for $3.54 and $3.55 of JST taking some profit which was a short term trade for me that I bought 3 days ago, I have another 50ks of JST which I intend to keep on a bit longer.I was surprise I was able to get the price that I wanted today, I think JST's SP is still farly strong.Despite a bad day in the market my outlook of the market is still positive till february.Once this insto has got its requirement, it is likely that it will push the price up.

JST has one of the better management, which will go along way for the SP.I saw you entering JST for the weekly competition. Do you have a target price for JST?

cheers,

PL

tbreak

Post Number: 71

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 08:07 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, I don't have a target price

tbreak

Post Number: 72

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 12:21 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gees the games people play. Had about 4 trades with 233 volume hitting the bid this morning now we have got trades of 233 hitting the ask and we have made it up 3.57

peterloh

Post Number: 2196

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 12:31 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tbreak,

dug check out with ASX,this is perfectly legal, so that the public wouldn't know whether they are collecting or distributing.From my observation, I know, it is definitely accumulation and creeping up quietly. Wait till they have what they want, then the price will go woosh!They probably have some sort of agreement on the brokerage and the use of computer to generate these actions, mechanically.

tbreak

Post Number: 73

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 12:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Peter and Dug I was wondering how legal this was. What's the bet they went long with a CFD before they decided to ramp the stock. Maybe I am being to cynical.

Cheers

(Message edited by Tbreak on November 29, 2006)

dug

Post Number: 1779

Wednesday, November 29, 2006 - 01:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's offically called Algorithmic Trading,tbreak.It's dubbed Algae.Institutions incl Hedge Funds do it.It's so large parcels can be Bought or Sold without disrupting the Depth.It "indicates" what One BigBoy is doing[meeting the Bid or Ask]
It can give a pointer like one should ponder if If If this BigBoy becomes impatient,hits the Depth in the "old fashioned" way,what will happen to the Price?[ie pumpedUp orDumpGone!!]
Anyway this is The Method of the Modern World.You won't read about it in Books for years yet!!
Happy Trading,
jr

Dig for the sake of it.

peterloh

Post Number: 2199

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 04:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tbreak,

I have mention, any big player can make this money if they work under that scenario.I made this point several times already.This could also work in reverse, like using CFDs to short first and then keep selling the actual shares all the way down. Once the support level eventuate, cover all the shorts and start CFDs to buy for long term.Buy actual shares, buy it consistently and with volume, sell when top and repeat process.What I do as a small trader is to hitch a ride, along.

JST SP recovery is still in progress as the recent transaction is only in the money today.I do not thing it will want to stop for now.You haven't sold out yet have you? I was checking my portfolio and still have a fair few purchased on last Wednesday and Thursday.

Cheers

tbreak

Post Number: 74

Thursday, November 30, 2006 - 11:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Still holding....

peterloh

Post Number: 2207

Friday, December 01, 2006 - 12:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Last week spinning top with a long tail, this week JST is likely to close with an engulfing white candle which will bode well for those holding JST.It looks like a reversal of the trend which was trending down.Would be even better, if SP moves above 30weeks MA.

tbreak

Post Number: 77

Monday, December 11, 2006 - 02:38 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Was stopped out Thursday @ 3.53, good luck Peter.

peterloh

Post Number: 2224

Tuesday, December 12, 2006 - 10:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi tbreak,

JST is a bit slow moving,currently isn't it?.I suppose you keep a pretty tight stop loss.As a long term trade,JST is holding up well, right on the support level and trend line, which it respect.JST is likely to move up from here during this festive period.As JST is also geographically diversified,it is likely that their shops in WA,SA and S Africa will do well, whilst I hope the other shops in NSW and Vic will hold its own.JST pays a good dividend and has a proven management. I am keeping company with the fund manager that bought a big chunk at $3.61/2 company.JST is trading inside the channel in the weekly chart.Yesterday's closing may signal a short term reversal in the daily chart. Anyway since you bought on the 23/11, JST is on a higher high and a higher low.I am keeping JST in my diversified portfolio.I regard the recent interest rate hike as noise in the bigger picture as in the next 6 months interest rate is likely to come down, just as the fixed rates and the long term interest rates of quite a few banks has already come down, ahead of any reserve banks announcement.Moreover, because of the competitiveness of the mortgage industry, there are still many attractive interest around.

With Best wishes

peterloh

Post Number: 2251

Monday, December 18, 2006 - 03:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As the captain says, JST caught the wind today.

tbreak

Post Number: 89

Tuesday, January 23, 2007 - 10:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How are you going with JST peter, Still in?

I do like your picks you save me some work finding stocks with some fundamentals behind them.

Jst has form some interesting lines around the gaps. I think it could be worth watching over the next week or 2.

jst

peterloh

Post Number: 2300

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 12:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tbreak,

When putting my money in JST, I am talking about keeping good company.Fund Manager AXA bought in in December and this month increase its substantial holding from 7.97% to 9.21%.I estimate its average entry SP is around $3.62.
JST has a good record and had a fantastic year in 2006. Judging from their report, they may not replicate their 2006 growth rate of 24% which was reflected in a SP of $4.26, but I do expect them to increase their profit percentage at a lower rate.
JST is in the fast fashion where its customers like to spend and keep up to date with the latest fashion.It has brand like Portman Jacquei E,Peter Alexander & Dotti.They also owned the popular Just Jeans & Jays Jays.JST seeks to replicate TV & film trends as soon as they appears with quick delivery to their stores.
JST is trading in the bottom channel and with a good dividends, I have chosen to stay with it. Having said that I have been trading JST short term with some success.It has good management which is very important to my share selection .

tbreak

Post Number: 90

Wednesday, January 24, 2007 - 02:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cool

I enjoy your posts...

(Message edited by tbreak on January 24, 2007)

peterloh

Post Number: 2375

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 11:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Of late, JST hasn't done much.However JST is going to do something soon.JST has been consolidating according to the daily chart and the Bollinger Bands are tightening.It is going to breakout soon that is from the daily chart.In the weekly chart JST is hanging at the bottom and around the lower channel. I tend to be positive on this one if I rely on its past record and if I have to make a prediction, I tend to think that it has to move back to the top of the channel unless it has a shocker of a report.

I have been visiting some of their stores and I like what I see. The Portman's stores are real smart, very well presented, whereas the Just Jeans stores are casual wear for the easy going type.If we based on look alone, I like JST very much.

SFH reported today and they have a good year and if we take a line through the reports of a few of the rag trades
I am beginning to be more optimistic on this retail stuff.

peterloh

Post Number: 2378

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 02:34 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

tbreak,

I hope you still have this one, because it looks like JST wants to get back to the top of the channel.

tbreak

Post Number: 94

Wednesday, February 14, 2007 - 07:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If I have some spare money I would be considering it again but I am fully committed else where. It's has been in my watch list for a while now and maybe in the future another opportunity will present itself.

peterloh

Post Number: 2395

Tuesday, February 27, 2007 - 12:28 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Taking a line through PBG,SFH,NBL, this one has an up side risk - a rag trade.

peterloh

Post Number: 2411

Wednesday, March 07, 2007 - 12:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi dug,

JST - Breakout today, announcement of increased dividends and an off market buyback of 10% of its shares.Despie earlier concern by the chairman, JST has improved its revenue and profit of last year. It has signed a joint venture and going into business is South Africa using its retail model.Chart looking good.

dug

Post Number: 2308

Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 03:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter,
No concerns about some of the "excellent management" abandoning ship?
So it's those "pushovers"[DJ's and fresh Myers]holding back Sales in WomensWear[a cornerstone]?Last report it was the Weather!!
South Africa won't be as easy to handle as New Zealand in getting somewhere by store rollout.
and an OffMarket Buy Back to suit d'Sophisticated Investor[as opposed to most of us-D'Struggled 2B Believers]is suppose to relieve the Above?

It's in a Channel,shot to the top of said CHANNEL yesterday.
By no means has it
Broken Out.

ps-Came on the Watchlist thru 10% in a Day.
It's JUST nix what i'm looking for.

You know you're in a Hick place,
when there's nowhere you can Go,
that you shouldn't!

dug

Post Number: 2309

Thursday, March 08, 2007 - 03:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could do a Cup'n'Handle,maybe?
still think d'Report had Alerts in it,but...

You know you're in a Hick place,
when there's nowhere you can Go,
that you shouldn't!

peterloh

Post Number: 2417

Sunday, March 11, 2007 - 10:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dug,

SP staying above mid point of dominant candle.JST may retest $3.98 support level before approaching blue sky.A very well run company.The company has a paid up capital of $100 million, 3 years ago.It has already returned $150 million to share holders in the last 3 years.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»