Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
shadetreetrader
Username: shadetreetrader

Post Number: 17

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, August 05, 2014 - 09:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ASX Share trading game starts on Thursday 7th August.. https://game.asx.com.au/game/info/public/about-the-game

It's a good opportunity to forward test a trading idea & this time I'm going to try out an idea for an end of day system. The universe is the ASX 300, so that makes it easy to use the IC stock screener and filters.

I usually trade longer term/weekly systems & have always found daily/short time frame systems difficult, so that's what I'm going to learn about this time.
The game runs for 15 weeks, you have $50,000 virtual money to play with, and there's prizes of $8000, $6000 & $4000.

Let your good times roll..

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 104

Thursday, February 05, 2015 - 03:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Registrations are now open for Game #1 2015
Game starts 26th Feb & ends 10th June
This time the stock universe is the ASX 200 with a few additions & a few subtractions.
Short term trading is extremely difficult & this is a brilliant opportunity to try out a new theory or test a method.
Not only that but you can learn how the winners do it as their trades are revealed at the end of the game.
I've been in every game for about the last 10 years & learnt something new every time, even if it's just another method that doesn't work!
There's prizes, you don't need to download anything, you can use IC Charts to do your analysis, you can compete anonymously against 20 thousand other traders and investors, it's simple to participate in & it's fun.

Here's the link: https://game.asx.com.au/game/info/public/about-the-game

Do yourself a favour, as Molly used to say!

My posts should not be taken as stock recommendations or advice.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 106

Saturday, February 07, 2015 - 01:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To make a watchlist of the competition stock universe you can download the csv file & then import it into IC charts or you can use the stock screener to make a watchlist of the ASX 200 and then do the following:
Subtract:
ARI, AGO, BDR, GFF, HZN, LYC, MGX, PBG, PDN, SXY, SIP, SGN, TEN.
Add:
CDU, DSH, FPH, FSF, ISU, IVV, IEU, IEM, NHC, OGC, ORE, STW, SLF, SYR, TFC, TRS, ZNZ.

Quite a few extra ETF's this year, usually there's only STW, so now we have overseas exposure, IVV - S&P 500, IEU - Europe, & IEM - Emerging Markets combined with currency exposure as these ETF's are not hedged.
Australian ETF's are STW - ASX 200, and SLF - ASX 200 Listed Property Fund.

Use the above at your own risk, no guarantee as to 100% accuracy, in fact I think I may be one stock out, as the stock screen of the ASX 200 comes up with 200 stocks, the game list shows 205 codes, but additions & subtractions indicate that there should only an additional 4 codes, will have to go through all the codes again!

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on February 07, 2015)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 310

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 12:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Share Trading Game #2 2015 starts on Aug 6th ends 18th November. http://www.asx.com.au/education/sharemarket-games.htm
Those that would like to improve their short term trading skills might like to participate in the game & test a strategy.
They can then compare their results with about 20,000 other competitors.
It's free to enter, there are 4 good prizes and the first 4 winner's trades are revealed at the end of the competition.
You have nothing to lose & a great deal to gain.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 313

Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 11:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After 2 days exposure to some of the 205 stocks in the Game Universe and paying brokerage, the average player value is $49,509 with 10% of players in profit.
Buy & holders often win this game simply because they are not paying as much brokerage as frequent traders.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 325

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 05:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Results of over 10,000 players after the first full week:

asx comp 150815

I believe entries are still open, register now & you'll be $1000 ahead of the average player!

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on August 15, 2015)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 332

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 10:41 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Results of over 12,000 competitors after 2 weeks
Enter now & you'll be $1500 ahead of the average player.

asx game 220815

My portfolio has a few gold stocks, AQG, EVN, NCM, OGC & RRL which gave my portfolio quite a boost over the last 2 days.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 348

Sunday, August 30, 2015 - 08:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX trading comp, weekly results to date:

asx game 300815

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 361

Saturday, September 05, 2015 - 08:23 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

asx game 050915

The monthly and weekly trends for average player value and % players in profit are both down.

The daily trend (not shown) is up, but that's just noise until it's confirmed by longer time frames.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 375

Saturday, September 12, 2015 - 10:31 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

asx game 120915

Average player value daily trend is down, weekly trend is up and monthly trend is down.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 382

Saturday, September 19, 2015 - 01:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weekly update, the results of nearly 20000 entrants reflects the trend of the ASX 200

asx game 190915

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 399

Saturday, September 26, 2015 - 12:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weekly update, average player value at the second lowest weekly result to date..

asx game 260915

For those contemplating buying into this secondary correction
I don't think there's a need to rush in just yet
probably best to wait 'till the figures start improving!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 410

Sunday, October 04, 2015 - 04:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weekly update, things have not turned around yet..

asx game 041015

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 416

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 09:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More than half of the players are now in profit.
All portfolios are long only & the stock universe is mostly the ASX 200.

asx competition results 101015

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 418

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Saturday, October 10, 2015 - 04:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Trend of game universe stocks using OHLC bar analysis.

game universe trend 101015
No moving averages or other lagging indicators were harmed in the making of this analysis.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 503

Friday, February 19, 2016 - 07:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2016 Game 1 starts 25th Feb ends 8 June
http://www.asx.com.au/education/sharemarket-games.htm
If you want to improve your trading or try out a new idea this competition is brilliant.
See how your skills rate against approx 20 thousand other traders.
Hindsight traders, best avoid!

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on February 19, 2016)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 520

Saturday, March 12, 2016 - 07:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX comp 120316

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 526

Monday, March 21, 2016 - 05:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX comp 200316

Most of the gains have come from the ASX 50
From the game start to Friday's close ANZ gained 16.7%, BHP 11.9%, MPL 10.0%, LLC 11.3%, NAB 10.0%, ORI 15.0%, ORG 32%, STO 30%, SEK 15.2%, S32 39% & WBC 14.7%.
All in 17 trading days!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 558

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 12:47 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX comp 160416

Best average player portfolio value since comp start in Feb

bi11ybisks
Username: bi11ybisks

Post Number: 1

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 07:06 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi STT,

I am extremely new to share trading (4th day in fact).

I was recently talking with a financial advisor about my super and what he thought about the idea of me self managing my own super.
His response was leave it to the professionals but he did mention the ASX trading game but he wasn't sure if it was open to new players.
It was so I signed up.

I started trading in the game last Wednesday 13 April 2016 starting with $50,000 and no ranking.

Since then I think I have been very lucky. I now have $52,856.06 and am ranked 3909 out of 19,733 ranked players.

I just wanted to say that the ASX Trading game is awesome for people like me with no experience in this area. It's safe and gives people the ability to make money (pretend money, shame that!) and mistakes and learn.

I found incrediblecharts.com by chance while looking for training and charting software. I am so glad I did!!

I have learnt so much (and still have a lot more to learn) and am amazed at the opportunities and support that is actually out there.

Highly recommend the ASX trading game and, of course, Incredible Charts. Awesome software and website!!

Cheers

Bill

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 561

Monday, April 18, 2016 - 02:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill, welcome to the forum, I hope you haven't been put off by the delay in your post appearing, it's probably a relic from earlier days when chart forums used to be busier & there were more spammers. Persevere with the posts & you will be taken off the long delay.

The game is lots of fun and a brilliant learning tool, I use it to forward test new strategy ideas and compare the result with how the best and average traders are doing.
You seem to be doing very well, keep that up & we may see you in the Top 100 before the game finish on 8th June.
Look forward to seeing some more of your posts, if you need any help with anything like posting charts or whatever just ask.
Best
STT

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 568

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 08:10 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Average player value reflects the movement of the ASX 200 which has risen about 7% since the game start.

ASX Game 230416

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 570

Saturday, April 23, 2016 - 09:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Effect of rising, then falling, then rising tide.

XJO and Game 230416

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 594

Tuesday, May 03, 2016 - 06:27 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Comp update to end of month

Comp 20160501

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 603

Saturday, May 07, 2016 - 02:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Latest update on how your average punter's doing

asx comp 070516

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 624

Saturday, May 14, 2016 - 11:31 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You don't often see figures like this:

ASX comp 140516
Shirley this can't last!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 631

Sunday, May 22, 2016 - 09:34 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems like the Twilight Zone

ASX comp 20160522

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 643

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 11:19 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seeing is believing

asx comp 20160528

benson
Username: benson

Post Number: 59

Saturday, May 28, 2016 - 06:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Could a sharp fall in the all ords next week or the week after be on the cards .....

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 646

Saturday, June 04, 2016 - 04:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It looks like a top has been reached in the weekly time frame at least, next week's data will confirm or deny.

asx comp 20160604
Maybe APA will finally come good!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 661

Thursday, June 16, 2016 - 08:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Final results for Game 1 ASX share trading game 2016 ending
8th June.
The average player value increased from $50,000 to $52698 in 105 days which equates to 18.77%pa
If anyone on this forum thinks they can do better than that by staying out of the market & receiving bank interest/investing in corporate bonds then they are fooling no-one but themselves.

ASX Game 080616

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 709

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 08:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We have another opportunity to test a new trading strategy starting on the 4th August when the ASX Share trading game commences & runs for 15 weeks.

https://game.asx.com.au/game/info/public/about-the-game

No need to risk your own money on an idea, try it out in the game & see how your results compare with 20,000 other players.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

gundy
Username: gundy

Post Number: 50

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 11:19 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK I haven't posted for a long time. BUT I have been waiting for the new Trading Game so now is as good a time as any I'm off to register. Thanks for the link STT.

"Made every mistake possible so now trying for the impossible"

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 710

Sunday, July 31, 2016 - 05:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're very welcome Gundy, it's good to see a long time member come back to IC charts forum again.

I'm not going to ask you how you're going in the game, and don't ask me 'cos most new strategies I try crash & burn!

I've been playing for about as long as the comp has been going and I learn something useful every time.

Good luck & enjoy the chance to test an idea out in very close to real market conditions.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 719

Sunday, August 07, 2016 - 12:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Off to a better start in Game 2

ASX Game 070816

gundy

Post Number: 68

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 07:12 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey STT and a Good "Saturday Morning" to you. I must say I am sorry for last weekend and not posting but I hadn't made a trade!! due to catching a dam flu bug and felt like S@#t. Any way for what its worth here's my first week I'm ranked 4490 but I think there maybe only 4490 people in it!! This is my first ASX Game but have heard so much about it so wanted to play... and wanted to try my new Scan which I think crashed and burned in the first few days ... ...
Total portfolio value * $50,389.34
Daily change 1.782%
Overall rank 4490

Disclaimer: My posts should not be taken as stock recommendations or advice and should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by this member.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 720

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 08:15 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well done Gundy, here are the overall results to date:

asx comp 130816

If the band's playing a Waltz, don't dance the Fandango.

gundy

Post Number: 69

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:05 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh S@#t!! sorry STT.... I thought we were putting up how we are going each week but I realize now the table is an overall snapshot of the whole ASX Game .......Hey to be a good trader you need to have 1.Brains and 2.Belief in yourself...I'm still working on number one... or so the wife keeps telling me!!

Disclaimer: My posts should not be taken as stock recommendations or advice and should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by this member.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 721

Saturday, August 13, 2016 - 09:41 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No worries Gundy, when I'm using the game to forward test a new system I prefer not to compare my results to others, don't know why

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 734

Saturday, August 20, 2016 - 08:10 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Results to date:

asx comp 200816

gundy

Post Number: 85

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 05:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi STT

I only arrived home a couple of hours ago so haven't had time to check any charts but thought I would check My portfolio in the "ASX GAME". I only had my phone with me while I was away and didn't have the game password so had no idea how I was travelling and I have chosen stocks that are not in my personal portfolio other wise what is the point of joining the game. It seems I have jumped 3753 positions on the ladder from 4,490th to 755th. I actually thought it was a misprint!!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 737

Sunday, August 21, 2016 - 06:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well done Trev, you are on track to win a couple of grand, the winners usually end up with a portfolio worth around $65K after 16 weeks.

I use the game to forward test a new strategy rather than alternative stocks, but hey, you're doin' good, so whatever floats your boat

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on August 21, 2016)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 745

Sunday, August 28, 2016 - 12:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Results to date:

asx game  280816

gundy

Post Number: 91

Friday, September 02, 2016 - 10:24 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi STT I haven't posted for a while these are my latest Stats as of last this morning. I have dropped 95 places and about $700... so I think my "BOOK DEAL" might be off!! The number of players has also increased by 2669 to 14595 since my last post. The big stat IMO is the Average player Value is $49,380.56 with only 30% of players in profit!! Please remember I'm a very ordinary trader at the best of times. It sort of points out how "Easy" it is to loose money in trading....if that's the average how much money are some of these players really loosing...lucky its only play money!!. Take care STT

(Message edited by gundy on September 02, 2016)

gundy

Post Number: 92

Sunday, September 04, 2016 - 06:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I seem to have finished the week in a better ranking Overall and in my home state QLD. Its really interesting to just play the game and amazing how many people play 14,774. Interesting to note that the total number of players in profit now sits at just 26% and this IMO shows the market has obviously been a little tough of late. Please remember as STT said there are players who are just trying new systems so cant be judged. I have tried to buy stocks with my new scan and use my new system which will make me money but not necessarily win the contest... and then hold them. My buy indicator has been OFF but after Friday I do feel the market could be about to turn for some sort of rally so maybe the ASX game winners percentage will start to rise?? My top 3 stocks so far in the game have been............... TME CTD NXT

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 766

Monday, September 05, 2016 - 12:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very good results Gundy, was going to join you on NXT but it's gone into a trading halt pre capital raising announcement, so bought into WHC instead.

gundy

Post Number: 94

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 04:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome aboard STT I'm a lot more confident with you onboard WHC... and it looks like its having a good day for us today I brought at $1.86.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 768

Tuesday, September 06, 2016 - 05:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You'd be happy then, somebody pushed WHC up 8.5% today to a 52wH of $2.22!
Will have to ask Peterloh if he bought in!

gundy

Post Number: 95

Wednesday, September 07, 2016 - 08:36 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Word on the street is that Peterloh is in WHC and I would say that is the reason for the 8.5% jump today!! ..My resource stocks have come good and I have achieved my goal and made it into the top 100 ranked players in my home state QLD. It is just a little goal that I have had and it puts a smile on my dial. My latest stats.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 772

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 07:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for putting up the tables last Sunday Gundy,
I copied the data from your post as I forgot to record the results & would have had a blank for last week!

Comp results 100916
Got to be happy with WHC!

gundy

Post Number: 96

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 10:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pleased to be of help STT... as for "Got to be happy with WHC!" ....YOU and me both STT!! My resource trades have helped to increase my ranking this week. Interesting to note the number of game players since last week has increased to 15,716 players!! and the players in profit now sits back at just 28%.... again IMO shows the market has obviously been a little tough of late. I will make this the last post of "My Stats" as SST already does a great job covering all the important Games Info in his weekly tables.

gundy

Post Number: 101

Monday, September 19, 2016 - 07:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well my old mate STT has gone missing...I think he is probably counting all the money he is making on the markets which might take a while ....STT gives more historical data where I only have my Stats. So here they are for last week as todays wont be due till tomorrow morning. There has been a big increase in number of players and the "players in profit" now sits back at 27%. They are interesting numbers and reflect a tough market IMO.
My hope is to get into the top 50 for my state of QLD I may not but that's my goal.

gundy

Post Number: 102

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 09:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My latest Stats.... During last week I decided to changed a few trades and it seemed to have worked with my personal goal achieved of entering the top 50 in my home state QLD. I also remembered some good advice given by one of our IC forum contributors and for that I say Thankyou!! ... I will make this the last post of "My Stats".

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 835

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 07:11 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2nd attempt!

Company list, ASX Game 1 2017

application/octet-streamCompany list G1 2017
asx game companies g1 2017.viz (7.8 k)

This list of 205 companies can be imported into IC charts using the File/Import buttons at the top left of screen.

If the band's playing a Waltz, don't do the Fandango.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 836

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 05:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is worth entering even if you feel you don't know how to trade.
https://game.asx.com.au/game/info/public/about-the-game
Just pick 4 companies from the list, make one trade (ie sell one company) before the end of the game in a couple of months or so & you're in with a chance to win a couple of grand.
Your odds are much better than winning Lotto or being struck by lightning!
If you can't trade this is a great way to learn.

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on February 22, 2017)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 843

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 05:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see 'chazza51' from NSW is in 12th position out of 7223 competitors, if that's Captain Chazza that used to post on this forum then all I can say is "wet sails" Captain, I salute you.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 848

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 07:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Game 1 2017 results to date:

asx game 050317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 850

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 06:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This guy really does know boats..

Capt Chazza 060317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 855

Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 03:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ASX 200 has been going sideways for the last 3 weeks since the game start, & this is reflected in the portfolio values to date:

game to 110317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 865

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 02:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More than 50% of players in profit, average portfolio above $50K, incoming tide or just a big wave landing?

asx game 180317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 870

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 12:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Share Trading Game results to date:

asx game 250317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 878

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 09:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Game results to date:

April Fool Game results 010417

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 882

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 07:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Game website was down for maintenance yesterday, so I had to guess the results, glass was half full

Real ASX game results 020417

visions
Username: visions

Post Number: 118

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 08:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought you were playing an April Fool's prank.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 892

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 11:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prankster, who me? as if

asxg results to 090417

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 893

Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 12:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the results it looks like a lot of game participants must be holding Telstra..

asx game results150417

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 899

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 04:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Comp/Game results to 22/04/17

asx game results to 220417

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on April 23, 2017)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 902

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 07:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All player results to 29/04/17

asxg results 290417

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 910

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 09:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ASX Game results would give a fair indication of how the average ASX investor/trader has done over the last couple of months.

asx game results 060517

gundy

Post Number: 118

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 12:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Always nice to see you on IC Shadey. I believe your spot on the money when you said the ASX Game results give a fair indication of how the average ASX investor/trader is doing. I'm finding it much harder this game than last game to be honest...its a bit tough out there at the moment. Its just me but I mainly watch the QLD rankings.. anyway for what its worth here is one struggling traders rankings so far.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 911

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 01:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's not exactly struggling Trev!
I always read your posts with interest because you're the best trader I've seen on IC, don't change a thing.

gundy

Post Number: 119

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 04:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The feeling is mutual Shadey!!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 913

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 06:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha Ha, I think you're confusing skill with luck in my case.
See rule #8

Rules 060517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXhB081H5tU

gundy

Post Number: 120

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 09:30 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee!! That was certainly thought provoking I actually think all traders should watch that youtube video. Thanks for sharing Shaddy

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 917

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:10 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A couple of my favourite bits from that talk..

Modern finance
and
How's your day going?

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 921

Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 03:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The average game player is still doing well..

asx game 130517

gundy

Post Number: 125

Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 09:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Shaddy had a better week this week...we will see what lies ahead. I do hope some of those new to trading listened to your good advice and entered the ASX Game it's a great way to start learning or if you have been trading for a while then to trial new systems in a real market environment. I believe its good to see how other traders are going compared to your progress because we all start with the same $50,000... its as close to real trading conditions as you can get IMHO.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 925

Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 11:19 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very well done Trev, those results are awesome & can't be faked.

If my short term trading was half as good as yours I'd be happy.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 928

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 09:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ASX Trading Game finishes on the 7th June, if the banks have bottomed we could be flying home with wet sails.

asx game to 200517

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 937

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 11:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8 trading days to go, I have learnt so much from testing ideas and experimenting again.
I can't wait to forward test a new short term system for the duration of the next game, bring it on!

ASX Trading Game results 280517

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on May 28, 2017)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 940

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 08:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coming home with a wet sail..

Coming home with a wet sail 030617

gundy

Post Number: 137

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 09:00 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for delayed post on the Game but have been busy of late. Just wanted to post my last Performance Summary in the hope it may help some of the newer traders understand how tough it has been out there in the real world of trading recently as I traded a lot of my own stocks in the game and I also wanted to support Shaddy who does a great job here on IC.
Here we go...With 17,991 traders participating I'm gong to say there would be some very astute traders and some very average traders like myself so the percentage of traders in profit gives you a good gauge of how other traders are travelling over the period of the game IMO. I had a lot of my stocks start well but stop or reverse course this time around so a little tougher than last game IMO. I was hoping to do better than last game but it wasn't to be but I always like that every player starts with the same amount of $50,000 it makes it a level playing field and stops the "Hindsight Traders" because your summary tells you the real truth. I have posted 2 summaries the 46% PIP Summary was for the last day of the game on the 7.06.17 and the 54% PIP was the day before 6.06.17....what a difference a day can make!! All the best in your future trades

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 952

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 09:16 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great result Trev you did really well, I take off my hat to you.
I love this ASX game, next game I'd like to compare investing with trading so I'll need to set up or join a League for the investing part.
I can understand that most people are reluctant to go public with their trading results, but what about just simply investing in say 10 companies for the duration of the game, maybe pick one or two companies each in a League?
Could be fun, and there are prizes for Leagues too, anyone interested?

gundy

Post Number: 138

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:35 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Idea Shady..
I'm in for joining a League in the next ASX Game!!
The HMAS INCREDIBLE will sets sail on its maiden voyage with a crew of two ...so far!!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 955

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 12:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a lovely looking ship you've provided thanks Gundy, that makes you the Quartermaster?

The Captain's position is open, he will be democratically elected by the ship's crew.

We're looking for any of the following: Sailing Master, Boatswain, Carpenter/Surgeon, Master Gunner, Mates, Able Bodied Sailors (ABS), Riggers and Powder Monkeys.

We set sail in early August & voyage 'till mid November.

All IC forum members past & present are welcome and wanted as crew.

gundy

Post Number: 139

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 02:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I have been duly nominated to the position of Quartermaster for the good ship HMAS Incredible on her maiden voyage in early August till mid November then I am honored to "Accept the position"

Kind Regards,

Quartermaster Gundy

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 956

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 08:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We may need to send out the press gang Gundy if we're going to manage all those sails, unless we go for something more modest..

plan b plan c

Cheers Shady

gundy

Post Number: 141

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 10:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep point taken Shady....What sort of a quartermaster would I be if I couldn't come up with a decent sail boat....how about this 50 footer!!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 958

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 11:12 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perfect, that will do us, and if more want to join in, well, we're gonna need a bigger boat!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
U-Tubesshadetreetrader52 07-May-17  08:21 am
Kingsley Jones from APTA on YMYCgundy13-Aug-16  06:53 am
SUEMACshadetreetrader09-Jun-16  07:17 pm
2016/05/11 - Wacky Wednesdaybenson11-May-16  10:39 am
Li Batteriesbi11ybisks02-May-16  09:29 pm
Set up for Doji (or Spinning top) gap downfatcharlie04-Jan-16  11:57 am