Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through September 10, 2016shadetreetrader50 10-Sep-16  08:29 am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
gundy
Username: gundy

Post Number: 96

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, September 10, 2016 - 11:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pleased to be of help STT... as for "Got to be happy with WHC!" ....YOU and me both STT!! My resource trades have helped to increase my ranking this week. Interesting to note the number of game players since last week has increased to 15,716 players!! and the players in profit now sits back at just 28%.... again IMO shows the market has obviously been a little tough of late. I will make this the last post of "My Stats" as SST already does a great job covering all the important Games Info in his weekly tables.

Disclaimer: My posts should not be taken as stock recommendations or advice and should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by this member.

gundy

Post Number: 101

Monday, September 19, 2016 - 08:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well my old mate STT has gone missing...I think he is probably counting all the money he is making on the markets which might take a while ....STT gives more historical data where I only have my Stats. So here they are for last week as todays wont be due till tomorrow morning. There has been a big increase in number of players and the "players in profit" now sits back at 27%. They are interesting numbers and reflect a tough market IMO.
My hope is to get into the top 50 for my state of QLD I may not but that's my goal.

Disclaimer: My posts should not be taken as stock recommendations or advice and should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by this member.

gundy

Post Number: 102

Wednesday, September 21, 2016 - 10:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My latest Stats.... During last week I decided to changed a few trades and it seemed to have worked with my personal goal achieved of entering the top 50 in my home state QLD. I also remembered some good advice given by one of our IC forum contributors and for that I say Thankyou!! ... I will make this the last post of "My Stats".

shadetreetrader
Username: shadetreetrader

Post Number: 835

Tuesday, February 21, 2017 - 08:11 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

2nd attempt!

Company list, ASX Game 1 2017

application/octet-streamCompany list G1 2017
asx game companies g1 2017.viz (7.8 k)

This list of 205 companies can be imported into IC charts using the File/Import buttons at the top left of screen.

My posts should not be taken as stock recommendations or advice.
If the band's playing a Waltz, don't do the Fandango.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 836

Wednesday, February 22, 2017 - 06:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is worth entering even if you feel you don't know how to trade.
https://game.asx.com.au/game/info/public/about-the-game
Just pick 4 companies from the list, make one trade (ie sell one company) before the end of the game in a couple of months or so & you're in with a chance to win a couple of grand.
Your odds are much better than winning Lotto or being struck by lightning!
If you can't trade this is a great way to learn.

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on February 22, 2017)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 843

Wednesday, March 01, 2017 - 06:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see 'chazza51' from NSW is in 12th position out of 7223 competitors, if that's Captain Chazza that used to post on this forum then all I can say is "wet sails" Captain, I salute you.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 848

Sunday, March 05, 2017 - 08:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Game 1 2017 results to date:

asx game 050317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 850

Monday, March 06, 2017 - 07:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This guy really does know boats..

Capt Chazza 060317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 855

Saturday, March 11, 2017 - 04:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ASX 200 has been going sideways for the last 3 weeks since the game start, & this is reflected in the portfolio values to date:

game to 110317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 865

Saturday, March 18, 2017 - 03:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More than 50% of players in profit, average portfolio above $50K, incoming tide or just a big wave landing?

asx game 180317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 870

Saturday, March 25, 2017 - 01:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Share Trading Game results to date:

asx game 250317

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 878

Saturday, April 01, 2017 - 10:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Game results to date:

April Fool Game results 010417

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 882

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 08:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Game website was down for maintenance yesterday, so I had to guess the results, glass was half full

Real ASX game results 020417

visions
Username: visions

Post Number: 118

Sunday, April 02, 2017 - 09:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought you were playing an April Fool's prank.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 892

Monday, April 10, 2017 - 12:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prankster, who me? as if

asxg results to 090417

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 893

Saturday, April 15, 2017 - 01:52 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From the results it looks like a lot of game participants must be holding Telstra..

asx game results150417

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 899

Sunday, April 23, 2017 - 05:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Comp/Game results to 22/04/17

asx game results to 220417

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on April 23, 2017)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 902

Saturday, April 29, 2017 - 08:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All player results to 29/04/17

asxg results 290417

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 910

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 10:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ASX Game results would give a fair indication of how the average ASX investor/trader has done over the last couple of months.

asx game results 060517

gundy

Post Number: 118

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 01:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Always nice to see you on IC Shadey. I believe your spot on the money when you said the ASX Game results give a fair indication of how the average ASX investor/trader is doing. I'm finding it much harder this game than last game to be honest...its a bit tough out there at the moment. Its just me but I mainly watch the QLD rankings.. anyway for what its worth here is one struggling traders rankings so far.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 911

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 02:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's not exactly struggling Trev!
I always read your posts with interest because you're the best trader I've seen on IC, don't change a thing.

gundy

Post Number: 119

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 05:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The feeling is mutual Shadey!!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 913

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 07:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ha Ha, I think you're confusing skill with luck in my case.
See rule #8

Rules 060517
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXhB081H5tU

gundy

Post Number: 120

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 10:30 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gee!! That was certainly thought provoking I actually think all traders should watch that youtube video. Thanks for sharing Shaddy

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 917

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 11:10 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A couple of my favourite bits from that talk..

Modern finance
and
How's your day going?

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 921

Saturday, May 13, 2017 - 04:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The average game player is still doing well..

asx game 130517

gundy

Post Number: 125

Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 10:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Shaddy had a better week this week...we will see what lies ahead. I do hope some of those new to trading listened to your good advice and entered the ASX Game it's a great way to start learning or if you have been trading for a while then to trial new systems in a real market environment. I believe its good to see how other traders are going compared to your progress because we all start with the same $50,000... its as close to real trading conditions as you can get IMHO.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 925

Sunday, May 14, 2017 - 12:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very well done Trev, those results are awesome & can't be faked.

If my short term trading was half as good as yours I'd be happy.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 928

Saturday, May 20, 2017 - 10:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The ASX Trading Game finishes on the 7th June, if the banks have bottomed we could be flying home with wet sails.

asx game to 200517

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 937

Sunday, May 28, 2017 - 12:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

8 trading days to go, I have learnt so much from testing ideas and experimenting again.
I can't wait to forward test a new short term system for the duration of the next game, bring it on!

ASX Trading Game results 280517

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on May 28, 2017)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 940

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 09:32 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Coming home with a wet sail..

Coming home with a wet sail 030617

gundy

Post Number: 137

Thursday, June 15, 2017 - 10:00 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry for delayed post on the Game but have been busy of late. Just wanted to post my last Performance Summary in the hope it may help some of the newer traders understand how tough it has been out there in the real world of trading recently as I traded a lot of my own stocks in the game and I also wanted to support Shaddy who does a great job here on IC.
Here we go...With 17,991 traders participating I'm gong to say there would be some very astute traders and some very average traders like myself so the percentage of traders in profit gives you a good gauge of how other traders are travelling over the period of the game IMO. I had a lot of my stocks start well but stop or reverse course this time around so a little tougher than last game IMO. I was hoping to do better than last game but it wasn't to be but I always like that every player starts with the same amount of $50,000 it makes it a level playing field and stops the "Hindsight Traders" because your summary tells you the real truth. I have posted 2 summaries the 46% PIP Summary was for the last day of the game on the 7.06.17 and the 54% PIP was the day before 6.06.17....what a difference a day can make!! All the best in your future trades

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 952

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 10:16 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great result Trev you did really well, I take off my hat to you.
I love this ASX game, next game I'd like to compare investing with trading so I'll need to set up or join a League for the investing part.
I can understand that most people are reluctant to go public with their trading results, but what about just simply investing in say 10 companies for the duration of the game, maybe pick one or two companies each in a League?
Could be fun, and there are prizes for Leagues too, anyone interested?

gundy

Post Number: 138

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 11:35 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good Idea Shady..
I'm in for joining a League in the next ASX Game!!
The HMAS INCREDIBLE will sets sail on its maiden voyage with a crew of two ...so far!!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 955

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 01:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

That's a lovely looking ship you've provided thanks Gundy, that makes you the Quartermaster?

The Captain's position is open, he will be democratically elected by the ship's crew.

We're looking for any of the following: Sailing Master, Boatswain, Carpenter/Surgeon, Master Gunner, Mates, Able Bodied Sailors (ABS), Riggers and Powder Monkeys.

We set sail in early August & voyage 'till mid November.

All IC forum members past & present are welcome and wanted as crew.

gundy

Post Number: 139

Saturday, June 17, 2017 - 03:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As I have been duly nominated to the position of Quartermaster for the good ship HMAS Incredible on her maiden voyage in early August till mid November then I am honored to "Accept the position"

Kind Regards,

Quartermaster Gundy

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 956

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 09:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We may need to send out the press gang Gundy if we're going to manage all those sails, unless we go for something more modest..

plan b plan c

Cheers Shady

gundy

Post Number: 141

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 11:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep point taken Shady....What sort of a quartermaster would I be if I couldn't come up with a decent sail boat....how about this 50 footer!!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 958

Sunday, June 18, 2017 - 12:12 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Perfect, that will do us, and if more want to join in, well, we're gonna need a bigger boat!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 978

Saturday, July 15, 2017 - 01:22 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Registrations are now open for the second trading game of the year.
It will run for approx 100 days & it's a great learning experience, it's easy to enter and play.
If you've got an idea for a trading strategy and want to try it out with no risk to your financial health, then this is the place to test it.
I'll be entering again as I have been twice a year for the last 10 years or so, I learn something valuable every time.

https://game.asx.com.au/game/info/public/about-the-game

asx game 150717

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 984

Saturday, July 22, 2017 - 11:33 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The company list for Game 2 2017 is on the ASX game website, there are a total of 205 stocks and EFT's.

The changes from the Game 1 2017 list are:

Additions: ACX, CNU, EHE, GXY, HSN, JHG, PRG.

Removals: BBG, CVO, DUE, FLN, HGG, PGR, TFC.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 992

Sunday, July 23, 2017 - 03:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Game 2 2017 Company list/Watchlist..

application/octet-streamGame 2 2017 Company list
asx game 2 companies 2017.viz (8.3 k)

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 998

Saturday, August 05, 2017 - 09:03 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Game 2 2017 has been going for 2 days..

asx game 050817

My only holding is SDF so far.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1009

Saturday, August 12, 2017 - 09:27 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Game results to date:

asx game results 110817

I'm planning on buying a gold stock or two next week.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1017

Saturday, August 19, 2017 - 12:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The average portfolio picked up nearly 1% this week..

ASX Game results180817

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1028

Sunday, August 27, 2017 - 06:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Game 2 2017 results after 3 weeks..

asx game results 270817

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1033

Saturday, September 02, 2017 - 11:41 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

4 weeks on..

asx game 020917

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1040

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 09:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We are approximately one third of the way into the comp..

game results 090917

A new daily system that I'm trialling this game is interesting in that it appears to be less volatile than the ASX 200!

equity curve 090917

gundy

Post Number: 142

Saturday, September 09, 2017 - 08:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Splendid result Shaddy and sorry I couldn't join you this time...don't think I could have achieved a result that awesome. Very Impressive given the current market environment

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1042

Sunday, September 10, 2017 - 09:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Trev, I'm sure if you weren't on holiday you would have done just as well or better, I'm very much a learner when it comes to eod systems.

Anyway, I know why this system took a while to get going and I'm sure I can halve that next time.

I like the low drawdowns, as that makes for a system that's easy to trade psychologically when it's your hard-earned.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1049

Sunday, September 17, 2017 - 11:52 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Share Trading game results to date..

asx game 170917

Pay no attention to the financial press, their opinions and theories change like the wind.
Pay no attention to self proclaimed financial gurus who only reveal their buys and sells in hindsight.
Do not take my posts as stock recommendations or advice, do your own research.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1057

Saturday, September 23, 2017 - 09:00 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Averages can be distorted by the extremes, the median player value would be of more interest but is not provided.

asx game 230917

Pay no attention to the financial press, their opinions and theories change like the wind.
Pay no attention to self-proclaimed financial gurus who only reveal their buys and sells in hindsight.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1068

Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 03:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Registrations are now open for Game 1 2018

Game duration is from 22nd Feb to 6th June

The company list has been increased to 225 stocks

Changes from previous game are:

Removals: MTR, MYR, PRG, TTS.

Additions: APT, ARF, BBN, BLX, BPT, DHG, ECX, GSW, ING, IRI, KGN, KLA, MNF, NHF, NWL, PME, REG, RFF, RWC, SAR, SOL, WND, WTC, XRO.

Pay no attention to the financial press, their opinions and theories change like the wind. Pay no attention to self-proclaimed financial gurus who only reveal their buys and sells in hindsight.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1098

Saturday, June 16, 2018 - 10:52 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX Game 1 2018 has finished, the winner and the 2 placegetters made over $16,500 profit on their mainly ASX 200 portfolios in 70 trading days.

If you want to see how they did it, their transaction portfolios with buy & sell dates, prices and quantities are available on the ASX website now.

1st & 2nd placegetters were traders, 2nd was a buy & holder.

One of them who came in at 15th Nationally had a portfolio equity curve much smoother than the rest. (blue line)

I would guess he was using very tight stops and using the maximum number of 20 buys or sells allowed per day.

kingcc

(Message edited by shadetreetrader on June 16, 2018)

Pay no attention to the financial press, their opinions and theories change like the wind. Pay no attention to self-proclaimed financial gurus who only reveal their buys and sells in hindsight.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1108

Saturday, July 14, 2018 - 11:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Game 2 ASX Share Trading 2018, starts 2 August ends 14 Nov. Registrations are open, prizes & rules are here: https://game.asx.com.au/game/info/public/about-the-game

You can choose to either play as an Investor in this game and buy as few as 4 companies, hold and only do one sell, or play as a trader making up to a maximum of 20 trades a day and try out a new strategy without risking your own cash.

If you think that share trading is just about entries (see the number of one post threads on this forum) then you need to learn about having a strategy, applying it, managing risk and have an understanding of expectancy.

You can use a player name and be anonymous, there is no risk to either your ego or your finances!

If you already trade you'll find it simple & easy to participate, I'm sure you'll learn something useful, as I do, every time I play.

Good luck, STT

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1110

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 03:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you have a watchlist from the last game (G1 2018) then the following changes will update it to the G2 2018 Company list.

Removals: ACX, GSW, ISD, MQA, RFG, WFD.

Additions: AFI, ALX, ARG, BEAR, LYC, OMN, URW, WEB.

Note the addition of BEAR!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1111

Monday, July 16, 2018 - 03:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If you have a watchlist from the last game (G1 2018) then the following changes will update it to the G2 2018 Company list.

Removals: ACX, GSW, ISD, MQA, RFG, WFD.

Additions: AFI, ALX, ARG, BEAR, LYC, OMN, URW, WEB.

Note the addition of BEAR!

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1114

Saturday, August 04, 2018 - 10:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

asxg 040818

My best performer so far is IVV mainly because it's my largest position size, in contrast to KLA which is my smallest position even though it's the game's best performing stock so far.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1118

Saturday, August 11, 2018 - 01:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

asxg 100818

I'm forward testing an idea for a short term system in this trading comp, it uses a scaling out method in several time frames.

I've found it difficult to calculate the position sizes & I've made a few errors, but after a week I think I have got a simple method that does the job.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1122

Sunday, August 19, 2018 - 09:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There have been some wild stock price gyrations in the past couple of weeks due to company earnings reports.
Some of the bigger companies to report next week are:
WOW, PRY, FMG, OSH, BHP, A2M, SVW, SYD, NCM, ABC, LLC, S32, QAN, STO, QUB, SGP, FLT, & MPL in that order.
In the ASX trading competition the rising tide has put more competitors into profit..

asxg 190818

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1124

Thursday, August 23, 2018 - 03:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I thought it would be interesting to compare the % gains & losses of the average player with the % gains losses of the ASX 200 Index.

They say fund managers rarely outperform the Indices so I've added a couple of columns to show how the average trader/investor in this competition performs from week to week relative to the ASX 200..

asxg new

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1125

Saturday, August 25, 2018 - 09:20 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've added another couple of columns..

asxg 250818

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1129

Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 10:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've added the starting bank of $50,000 and recalculated the numbers using that instead of the end of the first week, ditto for the ASX 200

asxg 010918

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1133

Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 01:06 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX website is down for maintenance atm, I'll update comp results later, probably tomorrow.

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1134

Saturday, September 08, 2018 - 07:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Or maybe today

asxg results 070918

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1137

Wednesday, September 12, 2018 - 03:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There are a lot of stocks going exdividend tomorrow 13/09/18

http://www.sharedividends.com.au/viewStory/Upcoming+Dividends

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1139

Saturday, September 15, 2018 - 01:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It's been a pretty ordinary week if it wasn't for property & telecoms I wouldn't have no luck at all.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxhUk4f0XIg

asxg 150918

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1140

Sunday, September 23, 2018 - 08:13 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The best performing Industry last week was Metals & Mining..

screen 190918

Comp results..

asxg 210918

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1141

Saturday, September 29, 2018 - 12:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No particular Sector or Industry stood out last week, some spectacular gains in a few stocks but overall the number of stocks in monthly and/or weekly uptrends decreased.

asxg 290918

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1148

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 11:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Overall most Indices down last week but a few large caps like BHP, ORG, S32, TLS, & WOW doing well.

asxg 061018

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1149

Saturday, October 06, 2018 - 12:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Top 10 results for the week were again nearly all in the Materials Sector, Metals & Mining Industry..

asxg top 10 061018

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1152

Saturday, October 13, 2018 - 09:55 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX comp results for the week..

asxg results to 121018

Top 10 performers for the week..

asxg top 10 121018

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1164

Saturday, October 20, 2018 - 08:56 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

asxg results 201018

asxg top 10 201018

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1179

Saturday, October 27, 2018 - 08:30 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

asxg results 271018

asxg top 10 271018

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1183

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 08:36 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

asxg comp results 021118

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1184

Saturday, November 03, 2018 - 08:55 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The top 10 this week are a pretty diverse lot.
There's graphite, lithium-potash-boron, rare earths, lithium, regenerative medicine, pay later, oil & gas, aged care, insurance-banking?, payments & forex.
Makes me want to start singing 'we didn't start the fire'

asxg top 10 031118

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1190

Tuesday, November 13, 2018 - 06:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ASX comp results for last week..

asxg results 101118

shadetreetrader

Post Number: 1192

Monday, November 19, 2018 - 06:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Final results ASX trading comp, Game 2 2018..

asxg results 141118

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»