You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Archive through September 23, 2010

Chart Forum » Hilarius' Hall Of Fame » Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through September 23, 2010

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4038

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, September 20, 2010 - 03:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

Yep, even if we go with a corrective wave rather than a more bullish impulsive wave it is conceivable that the commodity index could get near the previous top. So it's possible that the pattern that's forming is a Flat pattern.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

billt
Username: billt

Post Number: 297

Monday, September 20, 2010 - 06:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SPX still doesn't want to give up the five days of sideways action.

A little i/ii setup is ready for some downward action at the open, or a jump higher on yet another continuation symmetrical triangular pattern...

For the Bears, SPX needs to close below the 1114.63 low to get things going...there is enough divergence in place to suggest the top may be in, but that triangular pattern gives support to another little push north.

The 200 day MA is at 1116.16 on the Daily, and if the SPX were to close below this support, the odds jump that a top could be in, as support turns once again back into resistance. Over-bought conditions on the RSI, and STO, suggest a sell-off needs to happen to relieve these conditions which would push the SPX back under the 200 day MA.

Housing Starts, Building Permits, Existing Home Sales, New Home Sales figures out this week – all look set to continue the downtrend. Unemployment outlook will not be much fun mid week, and Durable Orders looks to be the ‘stinker of the week’ on Friday (from +0.4% to -2.0%). Not much to support the upside - if a full correction gets underway early in the week, there will be little positive economic indicators to rally the bulls as the week progresses, with a 'stinker' on Friday.

Could be a juicy week for the bears..

paint
Username: paint

Post Number: 45

Monday, September 20, 2010 - 06:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bill,

The Euro markets are off to a cracking start and US futures are firming - has a similar feel to Friday.

You may have noticed Pimco's man (El-Erian) has put out a statement suggesting the Fed will signal new easing measures, and it should reduce its growth projections.

He goes on to state: Concerns about Europe’s solvency are intensifying, pushing up risk measures for Greece, Ireland, Portugal and Spain to “at or near danger levels”

Markets are obviously focused on other things at the moment - upward momentum remains very strong.

paint

Post Number: 46

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 08:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bill - I've just finished reading an article (link attached)that I thought you might find interesting as it covers a number of points that you have noted recently.

http://www.leap2020.eu/GEAB-N-47-is-available-The-Global-systemic-crisis-Spring- 2011-Welcome-to-the-United-States-of-Austerity-Towards-a-very_a5168.html

Cheers

billt

Post Number: 298

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 08:41 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks Paint for the link - it gets more frightening by the minute...

But back to the irrationality of the markets for the time being...perhaps the EW count looks a little like this.

Wave 5 always looked as if it wanted to run a bit further north, and the series of continuation symmetrical triangular patterns won over in the end. Rudy & the other 4Mers had advised of the possibility...

It is interesting to note the bearish positioning of the SPX Daily MAs including:

50-d MA is still below the 200-day MA;
100-day MA is still below the 200 MA;
20-d MA is still below the 50- MA.

The wave length of this rally is becoming very similar to the wave length of the rally from 1010. Could this be an ABC correction off the 1010 low? That would suit my 'GDP Scenario EW Count' back at post 290 perfectly, and the end of wave ii? Just a thought?

bill

rdumas

Post Number: 4039

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 08:54 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

As you know, when I wrote my market wrap on the week end I was agnostic about which of my two scenarios was more correct because of the overwhelming arguments supporting both sides of the argument. After looking at Andrew's latest cycles analysis however I am now leaning heavily towards scenario 2. (see below).

I'm not sure where my wave i will complete....it could even reach the 1170 level. Anywhere between the current level and that level would appear logical to me. From there we would go into a wave ii which is capable of giving back most of the gains of wave i.

I expect that this wave ii will be our late September/October decline. If I'm correct, it should not breach that 1040 level.

On the basis of the above understanding I decided to take a small profit on my ETF GOLD yesterday. At this stage, once the wave ii has completed, I will be going long in the market with all of the spare cash that is currently not invested in term deposits.

At present the SPX remains in a strong channel but if it failed it could be prone to some significant retracement.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

rash
Username: rash

Post Number: 86

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 10:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hola!

Weren't we here last Wednesday?

I have the view different indices display different personalities - and I characterise Auntie as being "relentless" when she wants to go somewhere - up or down.

This is no longer a "relentless" drive northwards. She appears to be holding place for 5 days waiting for the Yanquis to catch up.

So far I'm seeing nothing to alter my weekend view that markets are likely to top out this week.

rdumas

Post Number: 4040

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 10:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Early Morning XJO Price Action

It's interesting to do a comparison of yesterday's trend lines with todays so far.

YESTERDAY'S

TODAY'S

rdumas

Post Number: 4041

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 10:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Randall,

It will be interesting to see if the top at 4670.1 remains in place.

rash

Post Number: 87

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 11:19 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Rudy

I thought at the time is was iii of 5 - until you pointed out yesterday the decline appeared to be of a higher level than a iv of 5.

Current state of oscillator still suggests it was iii of 5 and that we do need a marginally higher high to complete a full wave structure.

But ... we both know I'm totally hopeless when it comes to counting small-level wavelets.

That said, I do think Auntie is just relentless when she thinks specific targets need to be hit for larger wave completion and we haven't seen any big green 90 minute bars for quite a while.

a

billt

Post Number: 299

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 12:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prechter's 'Going to Hell' Count, Rudy/4m's 'Going to Heaven - but just for quick look' Count , even billy boys offering of a 'US GDP/Economy is Crap' Count** are all looking for a correction south...just a whole lot of different expectations to the bottom and what happens when we get there!

Swing trade the trends...two weeks at a time.

**news today from Disneyland: "Stubbornly high unemployment and signs of persistent weakness in the housing market have prompted economists to further cut their outlook for U.S. growth in the second half of the year, a Reuters poll showed".

rdumas

Post Number: 4042

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 12:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

You obviously don't read Colin's trading diary stuff.

rash

Post Number: 88

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 12:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The Eminent Colin is not of totally dissimilar view. He is warning of end-of-quarter window dressing and urging caution to see what the retrace is like.

Rudy, might Auntie have done a truncated 5 this morning?!?!

billt

Post Number: 300

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 12:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rudy

Nah...I don't follow Colin's work..sorry if I repeated something?

Interesting on the EW fraternity Rudy, even Caldaro who has us in an aggressive Primary Wave III & Intermediate Wave iii has us ready for a corrective wave back too...so it appears we have a 'Full House'!

If we get a 61.8% correction back from current SPX levels that would pull us back to the c.1080 level (currently 1079.04) – a level that Pollyanna has found support before. If we turn soon that might be an initial target under your count Rudy and Caldaro’s? Would that seem about right?

Bill

billt

Post Number: 301

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 01:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi again Rudy

I assume you mean Colin's quote:

"But we are approaching the end of the third quarter and fund managers may be supporting prices to window-dress their balance sheets. We can only be sure of the current resurgence when the quarter-end has passed. Expect a mid-October retracement to test the new support level."

All EW counts I have seen are suggesting just that. I sense you agree to?

bill

billt

Post Number: 302

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 01:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All set up again for some fun - or is it another 'tease' for the bears?

rdumas

Post Number: 4043

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 01:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rash/Bill,

In answer to both your questions, it is possible that we may be starting a wave (iii) down. Not quite the EW count that you had Bill but close enough.

On that basis I just re-entered ETF GOLD at much lower than I sold out yesterday. Anyway, I'm off to do some non market related stuff now.

billt

Post Number: 303

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 01:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bill

Just looking at Colin’s post again, I would generally agree on his analysis on the SPX:

“Again, it would be prudent to wait until mid-October to check if support continues after the quarter-end. Reversal below 1030 is unlikely at present, but would confirm the primary down-trend.”

However, I feel a reversal below 1030 is better than 50:50 - but hey I could be wrong.

What is a particular worry for the SPX, beyond the multiple FA issues, is the US Transport index:

“UPS and the Dow Transport Index encountered resistance at their August high. Fedex is headed for another test of primary support at its recent low; failure would be a bear signal for the broader economy.”

To my mind the Transports simply reflects the broader recent US Economic problems that have been prevalent for many months. Consumers and Businesses have stopped buying stuff! When the trucks stop rolling I get nervous...

I am simply going to trade the trends Rudy – I see little reason for the markets to go up, but if it does I’ll be riding that horse too! The track is a Heavy 9, and the rails are 10m out, but someone still wins... (any tips for the gee gees Rudy at AJC this weekend - get the old system going again!...off to the members to watch the fillies!)

rash

Post Number: 89

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 01:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.sentimentrader.com/

FridayMonday

rdumas

Post Number: 4044

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 03:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

Have you started writing to yourself?

No tips for the AJC other than to watch the fillies as they are very pleasing to the eye.

rdumas

Post Number: 4045

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 04:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

XJO CB EW Count

Who knows what tomorrow brings but at this stage it looks something like the following:

billt

Post Number: 304

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 - 05:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Rudy

XJO looks like it is all set up for a trip south waiting for SPX to do the deed!

On SPX:

-Wave V looks like it could have reached its climax (wave 3 looks a bit tight)
-Breakout last night on Low Volume
-Big Rising Wedge now in play (see previous post this morning)
-Divergences everywhere
-VIX testing the trend line, bullish Falling Wedge, and a reversal at the close on the 15 min
-BIG volume in the closing hour on the Bear ETF’s at the close...huge $$$ being placed!

rdumas

Post Number: 4046

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 08:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

There are a million ways to read the EW count for this last leg and I can certainly see that we can easily make another move up. Remember that our XJO topped out on the 15th April and it took the SPX until the 26th before the PPT allowed it to fall.

The sign that it has made its top will be when the lower boundary of that trend line gets broken. Until then, the trend ain't broken. I tend to agree with those pundits talking about a target of around 1158.

rdumas

Post Number: 4047

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 08:20 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

More good news re upcoming home price declines for the US.

http://www.mybudget360.com/us-home-prices-will-fall-next-year-bottom-still-20-pe rcent-away-intermission-in-home-price-correction/#more-2375

market_mad
Username: market_mad

Post Number: 487

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 08:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry guys, been flat out as we have had visitors and haven't had time to post.

In my view looks like a blow off on the Fed speech this morning and subsequent reaction was counter trend - never a good sign if you are looking for the market to go up.

This combined with the way our futures market has been erring on the cautious side leads me to believe the top is in on our market in the short term.

We did not "buy" into any of that news last night on our market and were only up about 15 points on the SPI when the Dow was up nearly 100.

I expect weakness today and for the 4600 level to get SERIOUSLY tested, as Rudy has pointed out there is some really big support there and it has held firm the last couple of times but I get this feeling that it won't hold today and we will lead the rest of the share markets down.

Cheers
MM

The stock market is overbought in conjunction with an optimistic extreme and several signs of slowing upside momentum. This technical underpinning, when viewed in light of an increasingly clear wave structure, suggest that the market's advance from August 27 is late in development.

In Elliott wave analysis there are 11 different corrective patterns and combinations, as opposed to one basic motive wave, with a potential modification for its fifth wave. Identifying the pattern of a correction before it unfolds is infinitely difficult because of the wide array of potentials and variations. However, there almost always will come a point within a corrections development where a compelling wave structure emerges, supported by the technical backdrop, that allows an analyst to make a confident assessment of the market's potential.

We've struggled with identifying the proper structure of Minor wave 2 up, as you know from reading these pages over the past weeks. However, a wave structure has emerged that is backed strongly by the current technical landscape, which places the market's moves since late-May into a clear Elliott wave corrective pattern.

The above illustration is from Chapter 1 in Elliott Wave Principle by Frost and Prechter and shows an idealized version of one of the 11 different corrective patterns. This particular diagram shows a combination called a double three. This specific countertrend pattern joins two distinct corrections, usually alternating patterns, separated by an intervening X wave, which can take any corrective shape but is most often a zigzag. The illustration depicts a correction in a bull market, so all one needs to do is invert it to see an upward correction in a bear market.

Here is a real-time example of the idealized illustration from EWP. It shows the wave structure in the S&P 500, with the double three denoted on the chart, labeled w (circle)-x (circle)-y (circle). Wave w (circle) is the flat from the wave 1 low on May 25 up to the high on June 21. The intervening x (circle) wave took the form of a zigzag and declined to 1010.91 on July 1. The rise since this low is wave y (circle), which is unfolding as a zigzag. The ideal target range is 1148-1158, the bottom of which is a Fibonacci 3/5 (.60) retracement of Minor wave 1 down. Today's intraday high of 1144 is points shy of this range. The fact that wave (c) has risen above the top of wave (a) at 1129.24 (Aug. 9) means that the pattern has already completed its necessary requirements. If the S&P pushes into the above cited range, we will be alert for a significant trend reversal. The S&P's wave iv (circle) high within wave 1 down is 1173.57 (May 13), but with a fully developed structure as well as an extreme in certain measures of investor optimism, it is far from certain that the index has the potential to reach that high before wave 3 down begins. The Dow's wave structure is the same although we cannot derive an idealized target range like the S&P. But the odds favor that both indexes will turn proximate to each other.

The market's rally from late August, which we have designated wave (c) of y (circle), has generated weaker readings of upside momentum relative to wave (a) of y (circle), yet has resulted in a greater level of optimism, with a greater degree of an overbought condition. This is exactly as it should be. Let's review. Last Wednesday's Update showed a chart of the Open 10 Trin, which, at Wednesday's close, had plunged to its third most overbought extreme in the past 7 years. The above chart shows an updated 5-day S&P 500-only a/d ratio, which illustrates the waning upside momentum in wave (c) from late-August, relative to wave (a). This ratio will pop higher tomorrow because of the take-away value when computing the 5-day average, but it will still show the same divergence. Also, Friday night's Update included a chart depicting the largest bullish plurality in the weekly AAII survey since the May 2008 high and the second largest plurality since the October 2007 all-time stock peak. And today's closing CBOE Equity put/call ratio of .47 (more than twice as much call volume relative to put volume) is the second lowest since slightly prior to the April stock top, which we still consider to be Primary wave 2 (circle).

Finally, today's stock rally has, so far, not coincided with a concurrent decline in the dollar (above its August 6 low) or the CBOE Volatility Index (VIX), which remains above its September 14 low. Also, so far, the Dow Transports remain beneath their August 9 high, creating an inter-market non-confirmation. All of these could be erased over the next day or two, but, as it now stands, they are resisting today's Dow and S&P rally.

We view the evidence as very strong that the market's rally is countertrend and near and end. But, unfortunately, with today's rise, it's not completely lopsided. The reason is that today's close begins to decrease the odds for the head-and-shoulders topping pattern from January 19. Volume still supports this view, as it remains muted, and a downward reversal from near current levels would keep the technical formation on the table. But today's close above the left shoulder (10,720 in the DJIA) is less than ideal.

Wave (c) of y (circle) looks mature and we anticipate an end to this wave in the coming days. We should be able to identify the trend reversal as it is occurring, so stay tuned to upcoming Updates.

rdumas

Post Number: 4048

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 09:04 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ETF GOLD

Hi Bill,

You have certainly displayed infinite patience with keeping your ETF GOLD equity. I keep moving in and out if I sense that we may get a chance of a strong move. At present the AUD is pretty well diluting any price rise in the POG.

With a good chance of a speeding up of a decline in the XJO it could counterbalance the effect of Benanke's threat to print more money so we may get a move up in the not too distant future.

Technically, we can expect an opening price for ETF to be around the $131.74 this morning based on the curren POG and AUD pricing so it continues to hold its ground. We can see from the chart below that the 150 day SMA has created a good safety buffer for the stock and short term Percent R indicators is quickly getting into oversold territory whilst the longer term indicator suggests a continuing upward move.

I continue to keep my eye on the POG as whilst I am bullish long term I remain of the view that in the medium term we will see a top somewhere between $1300 and $1350. Once it reaches its top there should be months of declines.

On the AUD front I can see a few things that indicate to me that it may be nearing the end of its run. First of all last night we achieved wave equality.

The chart below shows us that we are nearing the UBB and the Williams Percent R indicator has turned down.

So for those reasons we may well see a kick up in the ETF GOLD in the near future but it should not last all that long (possibly a couple of weeks).

billt

Post Number: 306

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 11:26 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi guys

..thanks MM for your post, we nearly sent out a 'search party' to find you.

EWI's commentary that the 'market's rally is countertrend and near an end' is interesting Rudy. Of course EWI continue to talk their count up, but do you see any conviction in their analysis that this current rally is 'a countertrend'? The nature of the pattern that emerges in the forthcoming correction will tell the story, but do you find any EW relevance to EWI's analysis?

Thanks Rudy for your post on ETF GOLD. I am 'being patient' as I see the forthcoming correction a potential zone of $AUD corrective weakness and for POG to continue a wave iii surge...a trip to the top of POG's 18 month trendline is c$1500, whether it gets there is another story. I underestimated the strength of the current stock market rally and therefore the $AUD rise - I wasn't alone there! I intend to sell the ETF at the completion of the next correction of either $AUD or POG. Trading a security which has two often conflicting elements to it, has its shortfalls.

I intend to revert my attention to TZA & TNA. These x3 Bear/Bull ETFs have outperformed most other securities and it keeps life a little more simple.

If the Australian Economy/$AUD comes under threat, ETF GOLD becomes a strong play. At the moment the Aussie Economy is performing far too strongly to keep me interested in playing the gold story for now.

There are a few smaller aussie gold miners that I mentioned over on ODB that I might have a run at in the next combined POG/Market Rally....but they might have to do exceptionally well to outperform TNA in a rally!

rdumas

Post Number: 4049

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 11:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

In spite of what EWI say I still believe (as do the other Musketeers) that we will see new highs into the new year and that the anticipated decline in the short term will not be a huge one. Hence the scenario 2 EW count that I proposed in my weekend market wrap remains my preferred count at the moment. To save looking back for that count I present it again. I also reiterate that it would not surprise me at all to see the SPX move anywhere between its current level and around the 1170 level.

I think that you will find EWI revising their bearish count big time in the coming months.

Andrew brought up the USD index as being the best indicator for what the SPX will end up doing in future. Note in the following chart of the USD index that there is a question mark about what the correct labeling is for wave 2. It is our expectation that the USD will fall below the 80.085 cent level which will invalidate that wave 2 count. That will mean that this point will actually become wave (a) and wave 2 will terminate much further down in several months time. That would coincide with when we believe that the SPX will top out.

billt

Post Number: 307

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 11:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here are my small cap gold miners that I was talking about for the next combined POG/Stock Market Rally:

Golden Rim, Ampella*, St Barbara, Integra*, Troy, Regis*, & OceanaGold.

Perseus, Medusa, Eldorado & Kingsgate are in close company...

Andean was on the list prior to the takeover by Goldcorp Inc, as was Avoca prior to its announced merger with Anatolia.

Most of their charts look very 'wave v' toppy - but after a correction, might be worth a punt.

rdumas

Post Number: 4050

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 11:54 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

To save looking for them would you give us the stock codes please.

billt

Post Number: 308

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 12:15 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GMR Golden Rim
AMX Ampella
SBM St Barbara
IGR Integra
TRY Troy
OGC OceanaGold

PRU Perseus
MML Medusa
EAU Eldorado
KCN Kingsgate

billt

Post Number: 309

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 12:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi again Rudy

It looks from the 80.08 low it has been in a consolidation/corrective phase, and is has now formed a Double Bottom. Divergence looks like a possible run back north as the stock market heads south.

I guess wave ii could be an ABC correction, before wave iii drops like a stone? Is that your idea?

rdumas

Post Number: 4051

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 - 02:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Bill,

Thanks for those codes.

If the USD did drop below 80.085 cents and we had wave equality between waves (a) and (c) then we could get a drop down to the level indicated in the chart below. That would equate to the top of the SPX sometime in the first half of 2011.

Naturally enough we don't necessarily have to get wave equality, it is only a 'for instance'.

By the way, it is highly likely that if the SPX did start on an upward journey, then that would probably correspond with a downward journey for the POG. As I've mentioned on a number of occasions, I anticipate several months of POG declining prices once the current rally is completed. It all fits together into the master plan.

That would obviously have its effect on those gold stocks.

rdumas

Post Number: 4052

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 07:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

Well at last we are starting to show a bit of weakness but is it a head fake to tempt the bears or is it the start of the real deal?

In the meantime we may get a case of the XJO 'blues'. Looks like a test of the 4600 level is on the menu.

billt

Post Number: 310

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 07:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SPX breaks the two week trendline overnight, posting a new low. A push below the MA 200 on the Daily @ 1116.66 will need to occur to confirm the move down.

Check out the SPX 15 min, VIX Weekly, VIX 15 min, and my x3 bear ETF FAZ....this may be the real deal?? What ya' think guys...

SPX 15 min

- Trendline broken
- MAs bearish alignment

VIX WEEKLY (watch out today for the XJO VIX!)

-Bullish Falling Wedge
-Ready for take off

VIX 15 min

- New Bullish Trendline now in play
- Bullish MAs

FAZ (x3 inverse US Financials) 15 min

- Breakout i/ii in play
- Bullish Alignment of MAs
- Bank of America laying off staff worldwide, inside source (fear of DD)

paint

Post Number: 52

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 08:06 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good morning all,

Bill - I take my hat off to you - I think you have nailed the long gold short FAZ etc call. The more I read about EU and US QE, monetising debt etc the better gold looks. Fast Money are still very bullish on the prospects.

Re SBM - looks like a classic flag breakout - should see at least 7% upside.

Happy trading

billt

Post Number: 311

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 08:06 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ANOTHER EW COUNT FOR THE $USD

billt

Post Number: 312

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 08:30 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Paint

Thanks mate, if the SPX correction does get underway be a little careful on the small gold miners - they sometimes follow the market down just for the hell of it...so if you continue to trade them in a correction, be prepared for a lot of volatility. The bunch of aussie gold miners I mentioned yesterday are worth a stab in a combined POG/XJO rally..I prefer to play my shorts in a correction south.

I will play TZA/FAZ for the trip south, but I am going to swing trade the moves, as I do not discount the view of Rudy & the other 4Ms - they have a habit of getting it right!

I will hang onto my ETF GOLD whilst POG continues its climb, and we see out this correction - if we see Rudy's multi month rally north, I'll be out very quickly and back into TNA (x3 bull ETF)

Bank of America announced yesterday morning to staff worldwide of redundancies (incl Australia)....concerns of 'double dip' raised...so I will not discount my 'USA is in the Poo EW Count' either...

Despite my own bearish FA views on the US, I'll trade what is front of me short or long...

good luck with your trades Paint -

bill

market_mad

Post Number: 488

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 08:31 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think it's the real deal - after quadruple witching expiry tonight. If the US market reacts anything like our market did (note no new high since expiry here last week) then they will try to hold it up into tonight and then watch out Friday and next week..

Latest from EW which states that this run is running out of puff. Sooo overbought at the moment...

The conditions remain strong for a trend reversal in the major stock indexes.

There a significant sentiment extremes being reached in various markets, which is consistent with an ending wave pattern. The most notable right now are in the currencies, which, along with the metals, tend to be highly susceptible to cyclic forces that are now active. While the Dollar and Euro are at new declining/rally highs, gold is at a new all-time high and silver is near a new multi-year high. Each is a strong candidate for a trend reversal as well as equities, which are putting the finishing touches are their upward correction from late August.

Based on the double three upward correction (see EWP, pp.52-54) that we discussed in Monday night's Update, we were able to identify a target zone of 1148-1158 in the S&P 500. As we noted, the bottom of this area is a Fibonacci 3/5 (.60) retracement of Minor wave 1 down. Yesterday's rally carried the index to 1148.59 intraday. The push was internally weak, with more shares declining than advancing on the day and with more down volume than up volume. Today was a modest down day, although the decline was broad-based, with only the defensive Utilities closing higher. If you study the above chart, you will see that prices fell just shy of the upper channel line at yesterday's high. Tomorrow this line crosses 1153 and on Friday it goes through 1154. These levels are near the upper end of the cited range so if there is any residual strength to finish wave 2, the index has remaining resistance in the 1153-1158 range. As we also noted Monday, the S&P's wave iv (circle) high within wave 1 down is 1173.57 (May 13), but with investor optimism at an extreme and the wave structure fully developed, it is not clear that the S&P has the strength for another 40 points to the upside. But we cannot eliminate this potential as of tonight's close.

Still, the market's push appears to be clearly tiring. Today and yesterday were the first back-to-back negative advance/decline ratio's for the NYSE since August 23 and 24 (those two days marked the end of a string of five consecutive negative a/d's). And the 5-day S&P a/d ratio, which excludes non-operating companies, has been waning quickly and is about to turn negative. As the two rates-of-change on the bottom of the Dow chart show, momentum has failed to confirm the September rise and the 2-day ROC has just closed beneath the zero line. This is not the profile of a market that is ready to launch higher. Nor does it preclude another upward push, but with the index reaching a Fibonacci retracement of wave 1, odds favor the downside. If there is another near-term rise, it should be brief and quickly retraced.

As we said Monday, we anticipate an end to the market's rally. The DJIA has stopped at the down-sloping trendline connecting the October 2007 peak and the April 26 Primary wave 2 (circle) top. I didn't have a chance to put this chart together for tonight's Update, but the index closed just beneath this line yesterday and today. The bears should now wrestle back control of the market's short- and intermediate-term trend. Wave 3 down will take several thousand points off the Dow before it attempts to bottom.

rdumas

Post Number: 4053

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 09:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MM,

In spite of Bill's and EWI's comments, I believe that this is still a real doubt about whether we have seen the rally top. There is no doubt that we are getting very close but there may still be another spike up yet.

Looking at the move down from the top it does not look impulsive to me..............it smacks to me as being corrective.

paint

Post Number: 53

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:15 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good morning all,

Bill - rest assured that I would not enter a small cap position (gold or not) just at the moment - just wanted to point out a classic pattern that is forming on SBM. I'm happy short USD earners at the moment, with a strong tilt to building materials.

Ody and MM - always great to read your market updates

Cheers

rdumas

Post Number: 4054

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:33 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MORNING PRICE ACTION ON THE XJO

GGRRRRR. It takes so long to prepare these charts that by the time I have them ready, the story has already been told.

The chart below tells us that the move down was always going to be a short one in the short term.

rdumas

Post Number: 4055

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

More XJO Price Action

The previous post showed the short term but the daily chart suggests that there may be a couple of possibilities in the next day.

1) The first is that we may test the 4600 level before the day is out (as suggested earlier this morning with the XJO 'Blues' post). The price action in this case would possibly hit the MBB before bouncing.

or

2) The other possibility is that it just moves up from the current level to the UBB boundary.

market_mad

Post Number: 489

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:54 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry guys - mistake - quadruple witching was last Friday in the US... shows what having a few days off can do to you!! Must have been that bottle of Jim Beam that Eugenio sent me that has killed a few brain cells!!

rdumas

Post Number: 4056

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 10:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MM,

Don't worry mate. The SCC has a similar affect on my brain cells. Based on the planetary transits that Randall has for next week, we are likely to start the really negative stuff starting on Sunday.

So whether we start the fireworks on Friday night or Monday night, there will be a change of mood in the near future.

billt

Post Number: 313

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 12:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just testing out my EW labelling (still trying to win Mr E'Dubya of the Week!) :

rdumas

Post Number: 4058

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 01:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

Not sure what you mean by your comment "or are we still in a wave iii of 3 of III" but your labeled wave count (even though it doesn't follow Prechter's labelling convention) is possible.

billt

Post Number: 314

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 01:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey guys

My mate Ron Walker spends several minutes on the EW counts today - but is he watching us here at EWW???

He has his favorite 'Prechter Count', but he NOW has a 'Rudy Count' AND he now has mentioned my ABC Count...is Ron stalking us? I have a 'lend' of some of his charts, so I guess we can share....

http://thechartpatterntrader.com/

Three interesting videos to watch today, if you have the inclination...

I have again taken positions on FAZ & TZA at the intra day highs, with tight stops....

billt

Post Number: 315

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 01:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Rudy

Who's Prechter! :-)

This a pure 'Billy Boy' effort...that's why it looks so rubbish...

I like to leave the EW Count on a 3 of 3 of 3 position (even at the sub minuette level) so a big gap at the open is possible! (cheers me up)

Wave iii commenced at the 1144 intra day high - that is what I am trying to label...and we have a nested series of waves in the early stages of wave iii to the close...

rdumas

Post Number: 4059

Thursday, September 23, 2010 - 01:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Bill,

The impulse wave down from the 1144 level is not an impulse wave because it has overlapping waves i and iv. Hence if it is impulsive it can only be an ending diagonal. You can't have an ending diagonal for a 3rd wave in an impulse wave. That is reserved for either a 5th wave of an impulse of a c wave of a corrective wave.

Anyway, back to my tax.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through December 02, 2010skyhawk50 02-Dec-10  09:49 am
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through November 29, 2010ehmu50 29-Nov-10  03:36 am
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through November 24, 2010rdumas50 24-Nov-10  07:36 am
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through November 15, 2010eagle50 15-Nov-10  06:57 pm
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through November 09, 2010rdumas50 09-Nov-10  10:47 am
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through October 31, 2010billt50 31-Oct-10  11:58 am
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through October 26, 2010skyhawk50 26-Oct-10  07:51 pm
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through October 21, 2010billt50 21-Oct-10  05:41 am
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through October 15, 2010billt50 15-Oct-10  11:42 am
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through October 11, 2010skyhawk50 11-Oct-10  08:13 am
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through October 06, 2010rdumas50 06-Oct-10  02:09 pm
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through October 03, 2010skyhawk50 03-Oct-10  01:59 pm
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through September 30, 2010billt50 30-Sep-10  02:12 pm
Elliott Wave Watching » Archive through September 20, 2010rdumas50 20-Sep-10  03:40 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»