You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Archive through August 15, 2010

Chart Forum » Hilarius' Hall Of Fame » Elliott Wave Watching » Astrology and Stock Markets » Archive through August 15, 2010

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rash
Username: rash

Post Number: 10

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 12:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Recently, the topic of astrology has been raised on Rudy's technical thread, Elliott Wave Watching.

Because E-Dubya is a simple principle that can be quite complex in its real-time application, the EWW thread is not an appropriate place for "distractions".

Because of that, I'm establishing this sub-thread so that EW newbies can concentrate their learning efforts in a single venue.

Astrology is extraordinarily complex and nuanced. What may seem to be a simple question can actually takes hours of research and backtesting, as well as detailed explanation, to answer.

So, a word of warning to begin with ... this is not a classroom as Rudy's EWW thread is. If a question can be answered simply, no problem. However, if an answer requires a lot of time ... it's a commodity I'm short of.

However, if anyone wishes to approach the topic as something they'd like to know a little more about and learn a little something about over time, we can all have some fun.

As a general introduction, I'll list three sites - two of them deal with the astrological aspects now reaching a climax and the third is a website run by a couple of friends of mine and which has regular postings on the likely real world and market impacts of particular planetary line-ups.

The first is an article I wrote a couple of years ago as the current planetary line-up began to unfold. Western Astrology has much in common with ancient Greek Gods and philosophy.

The second is an article on the technical market website, SafeHaven ... and the third is the link to AstrologicalInvesting (click on the articles button).

http://www.astrologicalinvesting.com/html/articles_pages/articles-ra-Astrology-W arOfGods_stock%20market.html

http://www.safehaven.com/article/17678/global-catastrophe-alert

http://www.astrologicalinvesting.com/

As time goes on, we'll introduce some charts - beyond those already on the EWW thread - and deal with the astrology of individual sectors and companies.

It'll take time. But remember that old adage ... Slowly, slowly catchee monkey!

Warm regards - Randall

rash

Post Number: 11

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 01:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings again.

Astrology dictates that a chart constructed for the "birth" of an event ought to be able to tell the reader virtually everything there is to know about how it will unfold and the "personality" it will be display.

Let me say I did not choose the time deliberately. As last week was only the second post I've made on IC, it'll come as no surprise to learn I was very reluctant about getting involved in the Forum.

As I remarked to Rudy ... the problem with a Forum, as Julius discovered, is there's always some brute with a knife waiting to shiv you!

However, it's actually not a bad chart to start with, so let's continue the introduction to how we "read" an astrological chart.

The left midpoint of the circle is the Ascendant. So, we have Sagittarius Rising. Sagittarius is a sign symbolic of adventure and learning. It rules the 9th house of a "normal" chart ... which I tend to categorise as "unfamiliar territory". Foreign travel, higher learning, spiritual searching in the broad, secular sense.

The ruler of Sagittarius is Jupiter, which is in Aries, conjunct Uranus, in the 5th House. (Count the circle divisions.)

The 5th house, among other things, is about financial speculation. Uranus, as ruler of the 11th "normal" house...

Uhm let me digress a moment. A normal horoscope is the "natural" horoscope, beginning with 0 degrees Aries.

Okay, Uranus rules the 11th house and stock markets.

The Sun is the central personality of any horoscope and in this case the Sun is in Leo in the 9th house. So far, all of this is good.

The purpose of the thread is, ultimately, to apply astrology to stock markets. The ruler of the chart is conjunct the ruler of the stock markets in the 5th house of financial speculation.

Both the Sun and the Jupiter/Uranus conjunction are trined to the Ascendant - creating a form of grand trine, which you should already know a little about if you read Clive Maund's SafeHaven article.

Mercury in the chart is in the sign of Virgo in the 10th house, which is the most "public" of all the house placements.

Mercury rules communication ... so we know there will be detailed and specific discussion about a particular topic which will reach a very wide audience.

Mercury is square to the Ascendant, which means there will sometimes be difficulty in people's understanding of the topic.

I mentioned earlier the Sun is in Leo in the 9th house - which simply reiterates the theme that the purpose of the "event" is to explore unfamiliar knowledge about financial speculation in a way that may broaden people's horizons, mentally, intellectually, or spiritually.

And I had a quiet chuckle when I produced the chart. My natal Sun is exactly conjunct the Ascendant - ie: "I" initiated the event.

Anyway, that's more than enough to start with ... RA

I see from the preview that the chart loses a lot of quality. I'll consult with Rudy about how to get these clearer in future.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 3694

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 01:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Randall,

Great stuff. I have had resolution problems in the past when reducing the size of charts. I know that some websites have the facility to 'click to expand or zoom' on a chart but I am pretty sure that we can't do that on IC.

I suppose that only thing that we could do on charts really needing the resolution is to attach either a spreadsheet or word document containing the original chart.

I recall early on when you used to discuss charts with me I got lost in the 'jargon', ie things like 'conjunct', 'trine', 'sextile', etc. It might be worth having a bit of a legend on that stuff at some stage.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

rash

Post Number: 12

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 02:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks, Rudy!

The advice on attaching charts as another document is an excellent idea.

And so is the reminder about using jargon!

Clive Maund's article deals briefly with the "stress" of opposing/square aspects and the relative ease of trines.

Conjunct means when two planets are in the same degree of the same sign. The energies they symbolise fuse together and the power of the energy can be either enhanced or diminished.

I touched on this briefly in The Great War Of The Gods when I recounted how markets soared to blow-off peaks when Jupiter and Pluto became conjunct in Sagittarius - a highly-exaggerated peaking of optimism ... and how it collapsed into exaggerated fear when they changed signs to Capricorn.

Reading a conjunction requires interpretation of how two energies may fuse - and the sign in which the conjunction takes place adds another layer of how it might manifest in the real world.

At the moment, for example, we have Mars conjuncting Saturn. Mars is drive and energy and Saturn is restriction and reality ... hence, Mars conjunct Saturn is like having the brakes suddenly come on - or crashing into a brick wall.

An opposition is when two planets are 180 degrees apart ... their symbolism is at war. This is usually negative, but not always so, depending on the planets and signs involved.

It is, however, always a highly-charged energy period. The square is similar in its effects.

The trine and sextile imply an easy blending of energies. These are not always positive. They tend to manifest as the rapid removal of obstacles.

So, if markets were struggling into a completed EW pattern - an Ending Diagonal, for example - a Venus trine Jupiter aspect would not mean a sudden rally; more likely it would mean a sudden collapse in stock prices.

Clive Maund made mention of how trines in an individual's chart make life relatively easy and how squares and oppositions point to difficulties and personality conflicts.

All of that is true. But. There is a saying in astrology that the best people have the worst charts. In other words, some people with a lot of easy aspects will coast through life, but contribute nothing. The high achievers will often be those with grit in their charts.

So, as eventually we come to apply astrology to the markets, we need to be aware that "good" aspects like trines do not always presage higher prices and that "bad" aspects can relate to "climbing a wall of worry".

Slowly, slowly catchee monkey.

RA

rash

Post Number: 13

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 04:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The astrological weather for the week ahead.

Early Monday evening, Sydney time, the Moon will enter Taurus - the most emotionally stable of the 12 signs. It is also a sign related to finances.

Markets tend to stabilise direction while the Moon is in Taurus. Price moves tend to be tempered.

However, the Moon is a relatively minor influence when compared with major transits involving planets like Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Pluto.

So, we have some conflicting themes in the week ahead.

Half an hour before the Close on Tuesday, Jupiter will square Pluto. Just after 2pm on Wednesday, Mars will oppose Jupiter and square Pluto not long afterwards.

These aspects will set the markets up for some sudden moves.

It is entirely possible because of the Taurean Lunar influence that, like a Bull, the markets will try to hold their ground throughout Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday.

However, in the early morning hours on Thursday - that is, during Wednesday trading in New York - the Moon will shift signs to Gemini.

If there is going to be a sudden shift in sentiment, that's when it's most likely to come. When the Moon is in either Gemini or Sagittarius, big moves are likely.

Given the current EW patterns and the negativity of the major astrological transits, those big moves are very, very unlikely to be heading north.

billt
Username: billt

Post Number: 40

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 08:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Randall

Thank you for setting this thread up.

I haven't had the chance to study the attachments above as yet, but will do so shortly.

The 4M'ers combination of EW/Astro/Wave Analysis/Fib certainly is a powerful box of tools to call upon.

Thanks for pulling this together, much appreciated

Bill

rash

Post Number: 14

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 10:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Our Fibonacci Musketeer, El Bazza, alerted us this morning to the following news item:

GLOBAL ERUPTION: During the early hours of August 1st, NASA's Solar Dynamics Observatory recorded a complex global disturbance on the Earth-facing side of the sun. Most of the sun's northern hemisphere was involved in the event, which included a long-duration C3-class solar flare, a "solar tsunami," and a massive filament eruption. As a result of these blasts, a coronal mass ejection (CME) is heading toward Earth. High-latitude geomagnetic storms and auroras are possible when the cloud arrives a few days hence.

Solar disruptions are closely linked to square and opposition aspects involving the planets. There has actually been quite a lot of scientific research done on "harsh" aspects between planets affecting Solar activity and playing havoc with satellite and radio communications.

However, a little less well known is that geomagnetic storms play with people's emotions and have some impact on stock markets.

If this is a "global eruption" of the size described in the NASA release, we are in for some Earth disturbances - curiously enough in the timeframe we've been discussing.

I attach a US Federal Reserve Bank report on the impact of geomagnetic storms on emotions/markets.

application/pdfGeostorm
geostorm.pdf (246.3 k)

rash

Post Number: 15

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 11:42 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Lee (Masters146)

Would you mind posing astro questions here, rather than in the E-Dubya classroom? It's just that I know how much concentration and time are needed to grasp the rules and patterns and anyone learning the discipline needs an uncluttered space.

The question is: Can transits be used to time intraday market moves.

The answer is: Yes

There are some caveats, but the answer is generally true. On the AstrologicalInvesting.com website, in the Members section, you will find downloadable calendars for Sydney, New York and London.

They give the local times for transits. I became aware late last week of a problem with the exact timing and alerted Marlene, who's now working to fix the problem.

And now for the caveat. Knowing what the transits are called and when they occur won't necessarily tell you the direction - because that requires a lot of astrological knowledge and the ability to blend nuances.

However, it is my intention to post a weekly astrological weather report for the week ahead in which I will go over the key influences and give some indication of what we can probably expect.

Knowing this ... and having the proper calendar for the market you're trading ... should provide some help in determining when significant intraday moves will occur, especially when combined with a familiar technical indicator.

Warm regards and welcome - RA

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 44

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 11:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rash - thks for the Astrology section. I must admit to being bamboozled by your postings (at least I can count to 5 in EW !!) - the jargon decoder helped but I'll have to get into the the background reading to help me to "translate" your lessons.

Now to add solar eruptions.... if I felt like I knew the market a little bit before, you've pulled back the curtain on a whole new field of knowledge.

Keep it up - all helps to keep us humble in our approach to the market.

It will be interesting to see how all these factors (EW, astrology, solar) combine during the middle/latter part of this week.

rash

Post Number: 16

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 12:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Michael

Welcome. The first two links are essential reading. Clive Maund's article gives some graphic illustrations of aspects and how they work. My article goes into Greek mythology and explains the personality of the Gods and why their symbolism is transposed to the planets named after them.

But. Don't sweat the details! Try to enjoy yourself ... and distill the central theme into a bite-sized chunk.

Weather: Forecast of bad storm possible. But, Monday to Wednesday ... stable Bull with tempered moves. Thursday/Friday ... thunder, lightning, fireworks.

Save the angst for E-Dubya and trying to waltz while the bloody market is locked in a minuette!!

rdumas

Post Number: 3702

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 01:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Michael,

Randall and I have been communicating for over a year now and I found that the real power in his methodology for me was his Astro charts (that's my name for them). Like you I also find the astrology component quite confusing and decided not long after Randall and I started communicating that I didn't need to become an 'expert' on astrology because I find that his charts are so easy to read. It would take me many years to understand astrology well enough to be able to read the nuances of the different astrological signs and that knowledge would probably not allow me to ready Randall's Astro charts any clearer.

Randall can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that you need to know astrology so that you can set the parameters correctly for the charts but once those parameters are set then I suspect that any technical analyst worth his salt would be able to interpret the chart.

By way of example, look at the weekly chart of the XJO that Randall shared with the 4Ms last week.

I have attached a spreadsheet which has the same chart embedded so that you can get up 'close and personal' to the chart as the jpg loses much of the chart resolution.

You may recall that the 4M's believe that in order to fully analyse the market you need to analyse price, timing and pattern. We have a few timing methodologies and the EW analysis obviously gives us the pattern aspect. We find that the Astro charts are great for both the timing and in particular the price aspect of our analysis.

You will note from the chart that the price lines for Saturn, Neptune and Uranus have played an important part in providing support and resistance for the XJO. The planetary lines act very much like Fibonacci levels for the market and are great for determining potential turning points for the stock or index being analysed.

application/octet-stream
xjo weekly astro 300710.xls (111.6 k)

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

rash

Post Number: 21

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 05:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While I have an opinion/interpretation about what the current astrological climate is likely to rain down upon world stock markets, I remain rather cautious about personally committing to other than a smallish Short position on the indices until the direction is established unequivocally by the actual action of the markets.

The reason for my caution is that what I think is likely to happen is contradicted - and rather strongly at that - by positive divergence which continues to display in virtually every oscillator applied to weekly charts.

I will attach a PDF of Auntie - a purely technical chart. It shows she has reached a price Resistance line ... but that both CCI indicators, and the Stochs, are reaching higher peaks at lower prices. It is a warning that the rally now underway may well have a greater underlying strength than I might think it ought to have in the current astrological climate.

If the PDF appears sideways, click the View button and scroll down to the Rotate ... Clockwise mechanism.

Alternatively, open the document and hold down the Shift, Control and + buttons simultaneously.

application/pdfWeekly Auntie Techs
weekly auntie techs.pdf (38.3 k)

rash

Post Number: 23

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 10:32 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Auntie has broken free of a tight planetary price congestion zone centred around the 4500 zone (extending to 4532 on the upside and 4467 on the downside).

In early trade today she has closed the gap created between June 22's close and June 23's open.

I mentioned in EWW yesterday a target of 4616 looked possible.

It's even possible the rise could extend upwards to 4668 by Thursday.

I attach a PDF of what I call my Auntie All Planets chart. The rise is confirmed by all three RSI indicators.

When you open the document, this time hold down the Shift, Control and - keys to see the chart properly.

application/pdfAuntie All Planets
auntie all planets.pdf (169.6 k)

rash

Post Number: 24

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 10:44 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh.

And about the weather report. I did say stable Bull with tempered moves.

Okay, I confess I wasn't expecting such a degree of GOOD temper!

rdumas

Post Number: 3709

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 01:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Randall,

Any chance of getting an updated Mars chart for both the SPX and XJO please?

rash

Post Number: 25

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 09:34 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Rudy

Apologies for the delay; I've been busy with some Lunar research.

Hope everyone can open Word documents. First chart is Auntie's weekly bars with Mars and Neptune lines; second is Pollyanna daily bars with Mars channels only.
application/mswordMars
mars.doc (265.2 k)

rdumas

Post Number: 3716

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 10:01 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Randall. Much appreciated. Looks like by around mid September that primary upcurving Mars line will be somewhere near the 950 level by the looks of it.

That will be a good target for the Minor C to complete at.

billt

Post Number: 45

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 10:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi guys

Some other targets between the 'Mars lines'.

Targets for minor Wave C on SPX:
950 mid September: primary upcurving Mars line
904 fib 1.618 x wave length
878 61.8% fib from March 09/April 10
869 July 09 low support
850 mid September: primary downcurving Mars line

rash

Post Number: 26

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 05:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Updating Monday's post on the Solar storm.

Rudy & Bill ... will turn my attention to potential targets for Pollyanna and Auntie once I see the positive divergence in weekly oscillators fading away.

Big Bang On The Sun

A WAVE of violent space weather has begun rolling over the Earth after a huge explosion on the sun.

Scientists say the wave of supercharged gas should buffet the natural magnetic shield protecting the Earth, possibly sparking spectacular displays of the auroras known as the northern and southern lights.

The explosion - which occurred three days ago and was aimed directly at the Earth - was recorded by several satellites, including NASA's new Solar Dynamics Observatory, which watched its shock wave rippling outwards.

It covered the entire Earth-facing side of the sun and sent a "solar tsunami" racing across space at up to 1.5 million km/h, according to NASA.

Astronomers from all over the world witnessed the huge flare above a giant sunspot the size of the Earth.

rash

Post Number: 27

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 05:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And this is just a test to see if a very silly picture Bill sent has uploaded.

(BTW ... thanks, Bill)

rash

Post Number: 28

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 06:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Update of Auntie's midweek position.

After lunch today, Mars opposed Jupiter and squared Pluto a little while later, reigniting the negative energy of the Jupiter/Uranus-Saturn-Pluto T-square in Cardinal signs.

According to the astrological weather report at the start of the week, Monday to Wednesday would be a "stable Bull".

Around lunchtime in New York, the Moon will change signs to Gemini ... we are about to see a lot of zigging/zagging.

I am attaching 3 charts for Auntie. The first is a daily chart showing tightening Bollinger Bands, which always presage a fast move, and indications of negative divergence from the oscillators.

The second is a weekly chart showing a long-time Resistance price line has at least temporarily capped the rise. There is no sign, as yet, from the oscillators that Auntie cannot overcome the Resistance. Speaking technically.

The third is Auntie's weekly planet lines. The chart has a fast MACD which has given a weekly Buy signal. While it closed last week a tad below the key 4500 zone and burst upwards during the Taurean Moon stable Bull phase, price is retreating back towards the planetary congestion zone.

In short, we still have conflicting signals about intermediate direction. The astrological transits are negative and warning of a potential crash cycle developing.

The daily chart is retreating with some negative divergence at the last high. None of the weeklies are confirming a negative intermediate term outlook.

application/mswordMidweek Auntie
midweek auntie.doc (361.0 k)

rash

Post Number: 29

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 06:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A look at where the FTSE is currently meeting Resistance.

application/mswordFTSE
ftse.doc (46.6 k)

rash

Post Number: 30

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 06:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Putting the FTSE's current position into context regarding long-term weekly planetary influence lines.

application/mswordLondon Weekly Chart
ftse weekly planets.doc (36.9 k)

rdumas

Post Number: 3722

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 08:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Randall,

Those FTSE charts really give a clear picture of the pressure the index is under.

billt

Post Number: 48

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 10:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fantastic to see that 'Astro Boy' has finally arrived!

Astro's two friends are (in Japanese) Shibugaki and Tamao, or Dinny and Specs. I will leave it to you to pass these names on to your illustrous 4M team.

Loved the pic' of the huge explosion on the sun. Awesome stuff.

The conflicting signals about intermediate direction seems to prevail - although I doubt the market has much volume to run much further.

Question I forgot to ask - on Pollyanna, do primary upcurving Mars lines act as a greater support level than downward curving?

rash

Post Number: 31

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 11:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Miss Pollyanna's travels in Marshun company.

The attached charts will require a degree of concentration and mental filtering. I have used monthly bars so that the long-term implications are more obvious.

I'll have to post the charts in two takes, since the document is too large to go in one.

application/mswordPollyanna/Mars
pollyanna does mars two.doc (312.3 k)

rash

Post Number: 32

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 11:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

application/mswordP2
pollyanna does mars.doc (266.8 k)

rdumas

Post Number: 3726

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 11:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Randall,

I have always loved the Marshun's charts. Thanks for posting them and explaining how to read them.

billt

Post Number: 52

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 03:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Randall

I've heard from Rudy about the 'Marshun' Chart, but they were even better than expected.

Thanks for sharing the content.

Rather than a 5 Star award, I thought you might like this guy as thanks,

Bill

rash

Post Number: 33

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 04:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nah, I know that chap ... he's not a Marshun, he's from New Mexico!

Glad you enjoyed the Mars Bars charts.

Nothing to astrology, of course. Couldn't possibly work. Don't know why you folks are so damn superstitious.

billt

Post Number: 53

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 05:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Randall

I have just re read your earlier posts, and was reminded that tonight, the Grand Cross completes!

"The planetary aspects are at their tightest and the moon swings into position to complete a Grand Cross pattern"

Coupled with the Grand Cross, "a coronal mass ejection (CME) is heading toward Earth" is heading our way too.

I would be surprised if these two very unusual events have ever co-incided before?

I might stay up tonight to watch Wall St....and buy a few 'bears'.

I feel that superstition comes simply from lack of knowledge. I'm enjoying the educational trip Randall - thanks mate

Bill

rash

Post Number: 34

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 05:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No, no, no!

Since you are interested primarily in la Bolsa de los Gringos, be aware that the Grand Cross does not become exact until 11pmish Friday in New York ... the Moon has to get through Gemini and into Cancer ... opposing Pluto in Crapicorn, Saturn in Libra and Jupiter/Uranus in Aries.

That's the cross. This weekend, Venus moves into Libra and she will make the same aspects Mars has just worked through.

Now, it may be things will start jumping tonight.

And you, Bill, along with everyone else, should make their own decisions about when to time trades.

However, be aware that what is "expected" might not transpire. There is sufficient positive divergence in weekly chart oscillators to warrant caution.

Having said that, the GS Motherboard will pull the plug at any time - so long as it steals from as many mugs as possible!

Good luck!

rash

Post Number: 35

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 12:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This is a "wotif" ... What if I'm wrong and that Venus repeating the Mars aspects does not lead to a decline in the next week?

So, here is a bullish contrarian view for Auntie.

It's not MY view. At least, not yet. But, it might be in the days ahead. None of the 4Ms gets married to an expected outcome. If it saves you from drowning, always be prepared to change horses in midstream!
application/mswordA load of Bull
auntie's bull scenario.doc (316.4 k)

rdumas

Post Number: 3739

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 01:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Randall,

Your last chart which shows all of the indicators pointing up is a weekly chart and hence longer term. Don't forget that the 4M's wave count also suggests that once the next down leg is out of the way, we expect a multi-month up leg that will more than likely take out the April high.

So from a longer term time frame, we have no conflict between the EW perspective and the oscillators.

billt

Post Number: 55

Friday, August 06, 2010 - 04:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Randall

I peaked far too early! '11pm'ish Friday in New York' is 1pm Saturday here in Sydney. It feels like I celebrated New Years Eve on the 30th!

Randall, let me be the first to offer you a "Merry Grand Cross" for Saturday....thanks for putting me right.

I take my investment decisions from a multitude of input means, so I would 'never-ever' put any grief on anyone but myself! Alternatively, if I get it right I will have numerous people to thank!

I am still awaiting a final wave north - and then I will address my strategy....

The employment figures out in 'Disneyland' shortly might be the clue. What bright soul decided to release these figures hours before a Grand Cross! ....or maybe there is a bigger plan being played out?

Have a Great Grand Cross!

Bill

rash

Post Number: 36

Sunday, August 08, 2010 - 12:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

application/pdfAstroWeather
astroweather.pdf (260.2 k)

rash

Post Number: 37

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 11:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

application/mswordMore on pitchforks
pitching down.doc (264.7 k)

billt

Post Number: 58

Monday, August 09, 2010 - 04:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Randall

Thanks for your posts 36 & 37.

'A visit to 1080 looks likely before a visit to 1180', makes for an interesting night on Pollyanna.

Could the weekend 'Grand Cross' effect, spill over into the Monday trade on Wall Street?

bill

rash

Post Number: 38

Friday, August 13, 2010 - 12:27 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Bill

I see Pollyanna cracked 1176.68 in her early trading Thursday (NY).

I think we can put a "Mission Accomplished" sign on the deck of the Starship.

rash

Post Number: 39

Friday, August 13, 2010 - 12:30 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Y'know, of course, I meant 1076.68!

billt

Post Number: 78

Friday, August 13, 2010 - 08:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Astro Boy - you are a star!

Pollyanna seemed to make a bee line for 1080, and happily danced along the line all day.

For those observers to this Thread, your next run of SPX 'astro' levels are : 1049, 1022, 990, 957, 932, & 900.

990 & 900 being the stronger numbers on the 'astro charts' I recall?

The SPX had the 'wobbles' either side of the Grand Cross on Friday, and finally on the Tuesday wave i commenced. So thanks for giving us the 'heads up' on that as well.

I filled my 'space boots' up with Bear ETF's to celebrate the Grand Cross.....

thanks a bundle

Bill

rash

Post Number: 40

Friday, August 13, 2010 - 09:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Bill.

No, not a star ... merely a reader of them! hehe

For any observers, I'll update the weekly planetary charts for Auntie and Pollyanna at the weekend - and also take a look at developing weather conditions.

Rudy's E-Dubya counts show us close to finishing this particular downleg. The mood change from Tuesday developed very fast and has gone a long way in a very short time, so some degree of consolidation will be needed.

Anyway, glad to have been of some small assistance with the likely timing.

Warm regards - RA

rash

Post Number: 41

Friday, August 13, 2010 - 01:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A missed forecast!

Friday's "big red down day" is just not happening, despite the Moon conjuncting Saturn, opposing Jupiter and squaring Pluto.

Auntie seems to have blown off her build-up of negative energy with the gap-down days.

It's beginning to look like we got a very truncated v wave at 4382 on Thursday ... or this is a 3-wave drop (an a wave) and not a 5-wave impulse.

Doubtless, Rudy will be able to give us an updated E-Dubya count in his Weekend Wrap, once he sees how Auntie and Pollyanna close out the week.

Ciao - RA

rash

Post Number: 42

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 11:34 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll dispense with the weekly weather report for a couple of reasons.

(a) Scorpio Mercurys need time and space to concentrate and there've been too many distractions this weekend; and

(b) Analysis Paralysis is A Bad Thing

We've been expecting a Top of some significance to develop from late July to early August and have been using the astrological weather forecasts for the past couple of weeks to help determine the timing for the turn.

It now appears to have arrived - and, more importantly, to be cyclical in nature, rather than just a temporary blip on the radar.

E-Dubya analysis now takes precedence. Astrology can help determine when a trend change is likely and the planetary price lines can help determine the price destination of the waves.

But, it is EW that determines the route. I'll come back to the transits again once we see how the waves develop.

And I'll assume anyone reading this is already getting the very comprehensive EW analysis outlined in Wrudy's Wraps!

I'll attach two documents - Planets & Pitchforks that may help provide target Prices. They reproduced more clearly in Word format. If anyone cannot read Word documents, I can easily convert them to PDF, though the charts will suffer a little in clarity.

Ciao - RA

application/mswordPlanets
asx 200 weekly planets.doc (204.3 k)

rash

Post Number: 43

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 11:39 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And here are the pitchforks ... in one post or two, depending on whether the IC size limits accept them in one hit.

application/mswordPP
pollyanna pitchforks.doc (255.0 k)

application/mswordAP
auntie pitchforks.doc (268.3 k)

How odd! If I leave them in one document they won't travel; yet split them and it's all okay.

billt

Post Number: 95

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 11:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Randall

Thanks for that.

What is the level of the bottom of Pollyanna's pitch fork. Is it still in the 990 range?

Are the other SPX 'all planet' significant numbers still 990 & 900? - Pollyanna's 'all planets' did not get through cyperspace...

thanks again

Bill

rash

Post Number: 44

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 12:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello, Bill

I'm utterly convinced you have Gemini/Aquarian genes somewhere in your make-up!

Graphics sometimes take a second or two to load once you've opened a document and moved to the page. They work for me when I download them, so they should be getting through cyberspace.

However, here's a PDF ... hold control, shift and + to rotate the document when you've opened it.

Below 990, the next levels of support for Pollyanna are 957 and 932.

There are alternatives I'll address in a following post in a minute.

application/pdfa
weekly planets.pdf (241.9 k)

rdumas

Post Number: 3773

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 12:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Randall,

All of your charts downloaded just fine.

Thanks

rash

Post Number: 45

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 12:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Marshun view of events

application/pdfa
mp.pdf (111.3 k)

billt

Post Number: 98

Sunday, August 15, 2010 - 05:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for Pollyanna & the Martians....much appreciated

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Astrology and Stock Markets Archive through March 20, 2011rash50 20-Mar-11  01:08 pm
Astrology and Stock Markets Archive through November 27, 2010rash50 27-Nov-10  01:04 pm
Astrology and Stock Markets Archive through October 01, 2010rash50 01-Oct-10  07:22 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»