Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
TZA short term bounceehmu05-Nov-10  04:20 am

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ehmu
Username: ehmu

Post Number: 55

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 01:12 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I want to preface my discussion of this new string with a request that everyone reading this take it in the nicest way possible. My comments are not directed at any individual.

It is my observation that it is in our human nature to be predominantly right about what we say. In my opinion, this trait often makes it difficult for others to discern fact from fiction in conversations.

What I propose for rules with this new string are:

1. that we only post trades that we are actually entering or exiting. This will go a long way to keeping a sharp focus.

2. that we provide our rationale for the trades. Our rationale is not subject to challenge in this string.

3. that we are required to be complementary to (supplementary to) the analysis of the original posts when responding. For example: we will express observations of additional influences not covered.

4. that if we respond with comments regarding the biases, character, or personality of the orignal poster, our comments will be deleted from the string post haste.

5. that trades are allowed from any sector of the equity markets.

In short, the design of this string is to be supportive of each other in our trade presentations, and to filter out the adversarial nature of needing to be right.

At the moment I don't have a trade to make, but soon I will and I plan to post it here.

_____ n a m a s t e

baysider
Username: baysider

Post Number: 454

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 10:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ehmu

Here's one to kick off your thread that I took yesterday towards the close. ORE has broken out above resistance at $2.30 on strong volume with the TMF looking very positive.
It's also broken out of a nice triangle pattern that's formed over the last 3 1/2 months. There are so many small and mid caps that have exploded out of this type of pattern recently I decided to jump in without hesitation at $2.30 and hope it follows suit!
Cheers
Baysider

ORE

ehmu

Post Number: 57

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 10:55 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi baysider:

You had to be quick to catch this one.

I don't have intraday for this exchange so can't view the detailed action.

Depending on your chosen support (ie $2.13) I see resistance on my attached chart where the sellers took control twice, and the buyers failed to close above the same level a few days later ($2.72). Potentially this trade then has a reward/risk of about 2.5. PDG (pretty darned good) for a short term trade.

Added encouragement on the bullish side are the abnormal volume (>2X 50ma), above 50 rsi rising, above "zero" momentum rising.

The only two weaknesses that I see on the chart are for my taste:

the price falls in to the pennant pattern--it would be stronger if the price rose into the consolidation.

the liquidity is a little low for me, I like the minimum average trading value to be $1-2M so that it is easier to get out quickly on the exit.

"It is not simply a matter of blindly following the oracle, but rather of understanding one's place within the situation." [Huang]

_____ n a m a s t e

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4189

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 11:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Baysider,

Wow. It sure would have been great to catch that last candle.

The chart below gives you two different wave equality targets to keep in mind in the short term. Note that it made it to the first one in one big leap.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

baysider

Post Number: 455

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 12:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rudy/Ehmu

Thanks for your input and views. it certainly would have been good to get the full candle Rudy, unfortunately I only got the last 5c! In terms of a stop loss I'm looking at the 2-2.05 mark having reasonable support but hoping it doesn't come to that.

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 651

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 04:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ehmu, thank you for starting the new thread.

My contribution is MCE. I have this one in my SMSF.

MCE

MCE was listed only 11 months ago and has paid 2 fully franked dividends already. Last week they announced the appointment of new CFO who is ex FGE. (Check
out THEIR chart!)

1st buy on Sep 13 at 4.64 stop 3.76
2nd buy on Oct 14 at 5.24 stop 4.92
3rd buy on Oct 15 at 5.16 stop 4.92

- Current paper profit 5.5%
- This position represents 6.1% of my SMSF capital which is my limit for this stock.
- My SMSF is currently 49% shares:51% cash
- At this stage of the trade, if I am stopped out I will make about 0.5% profit on the trade after brokerage.
- I do not have a profit target. I will trail my stop

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 358

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 04:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi baysider,
my broker's site is closed for maintenance today but I found elsewhere that ORE did this rise Friday on no news/announcement to the Market.

This could mean a]insider act from leaked results etc
or 2]some tip sheet geed up it's subscribers.

the former[insiders] should lead to further rise on Monday,while the latter[tip] could mean retrace/flash in the pan stuff.

ehmu wrote on Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 10:55 am:

the liquidity is a little low for me, I like the minimum average trading value to be $1-2M so that it is easier to get out quickly on the exit.

Wouldn't this be only a reflection on your Parcel Size/Dollars in?
Perhaps when people put up their trades here,some idea of How Much you have Riding,is appropriate?
If only to 'justify' such a limiting to one's Go/trades?

ehmu,in Australia we have about 1500 Listed Cos on the ASX.
If one limited oneself to $1-$2 million daily 50 day average?
well,you'd probably find about 1200 or so eliminated[that may be exaggerated but it'd be a lot]

Anyhow,baysider re Stop Loss
the classic theory of candles puts a 50% retrace Max as maintaining a Bullish Indication.
That can be 50% Open to Close or incl the Wick.

Under this Stop would be 224/227.5.
IF it's just a tip reaction,it'd soon get back there.
If the other insider?no worries.

So I see no need to stop at $2ish.If it goes back under 220,it's fizzled and you get a much smaller loss maker.

Anyhow,I don't know what material and where ORE does Business yet so can't figure if that alone is encouraging holding a stake below the 50% points.

happy trading

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

baysider

Post Number: 456

Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 05:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded

It's been a while! I wasn't aware of the 50% retrace of the candle concept but it sounds reasonable - it would suggest a 'fizzer' if it does retrace further. 2.20 was the last resistance level so if it doesn't hold as support it wouldn't look good and would certainly help to limi the losses.
My position is not large, 1700 shares @ $2.30 as this is a more speculative type of share. ORE is into Lithium & Potash in Argentina
http://www.orocobre.com.au/

ehmu

Post Number: 58

Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 04:18 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ehmu wrote on Saturday, October 16, 2010 - 10:55 am:

The above comment I made in conversation to baysider, is about me, in case I wasn't clear in my post.

I consider information about position size and risk tolerance is too personal for many people to discuss openly and respect that choice. Some of my trading friends take it one step further, and are not willing to discuss risk tolerance with others at all.

I would caution anyone reading this string to be careful about how much detail you provide. The reason for this is that by my experience, there are predatorial traders that patrol message boards to exploit open hearted people that divulge too much about their trading plans. Especially chats or message boards that host large numbers of people that trade on any of the venture markets. It is possible in some cases for a trader with a large trading account and sophisticated trading platform to simulate a rally on some of these smaller companies.

In Canada we have an exchange that we call Toronto Venture Market that has about 2400 companies listed. This market is highly manipulated, and many breakout moves are similar to a lottery, and speedy exit often determines who the winners are.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TSX_Venture_Exchange

Liquidity is a consideration for me whenever I enter a trade, it needn't be a consideration for everyone. I have some very successful friends who only trade shares under $1 on the venture exchange, and take very large positions.

_____ n a m a s t e

jaded

Post Number: 360

Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 09:04 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we haven't got a division of the stock exchange like this,ehmu.The ALL ORDS has about 500 of the total listed 1500 companies.

One reads,a beginner say about this Liquidity Issue [$1/2mil/day] as a criteria for Stock Picking.You find it in most Trading Bibles.

However I don't think the correlation with an individual parcel size to liquidity get's thru to a beginner.
I think that the 'rule' should be modified that your Holding is no greater than say 5/10% of Daily Average Volume.

Thus if one's preferred personal Holding was $100,000 then you'd minimum $1/2 mil daily Volume in your picks.

but ehmu,it's pretty established on IC that a Hold of around $10,000 or less is a best option for beginners,people with Day Jobs and other 'normals'.
$5000 is the virtual amount our Weekly Comp uses with the 'ambition' to compound it 100% in a Qtr.

There's not many around here [other than on the Daily Bread] who are managing Millions of Dollars Total Portfolio and thus buying $100,000 parcels.I doubt eblode is even in this league for short term trades.

Witness baysider with his $3000 Go.This does not demean Baysider as penny ante.It actually puts him in the General Category of an IC Trader.I suppose it could be said that IC is a venture capital market chat room.

At times we get 'clowns' deseminating,on here,spruiking a particular penny stock ad nauseum.They're called Rampers and often times we find that they're causing all this hullaballoo when they only have the Minimum parcel $500 or so IN!!

Now,emhu you personally don't wish to disclose your personal Parcel Size.Fine,no problem.
but I think others should for 'educational' reasons to readers/beginners.
Otherwise the Impression may come across of Big Time/Deal Traders,luring the inexperienced,encouraging them to trade beyond their financial capabilities etc etc
in fact

ehmu wrote on Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 04:18 am:

Especially chats or message boards that host large numbers of people that trade on any of the venture markets. It is possible in some cases for a trader with a large trading account and sophisticated trading platform to simulate a rally on some of these smaller companies.

we aren't that colonial/unsophisticated here to not be aware of this

We have such Australian chat rooms,emhu.
One is Hot Copper---->ie Warm Pig---> thus d'Barbque as I call it here to prevent cross promotion and perhaps describe the average poster as 'equal' to a tipster you meet at a BBQ.

Anyhow,I prefer for parcel size to be revealed for some of the above reasons.

cheers

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

baysider

Post Number: 457

Sunday, October 17, 2010 - 02:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all
I'm happy to discuss the money management scheme I'm working to as an example for better or worse. In principle if fully invested I'd have 4 x large caps (>1 billion) with position size around $10K, 5 x mid caps (500K-1 billion) $6.5K position size and 4 x small caps (<500K) 4K position size.
ORE being a small cap gets the 4K position.

COK is another trade I made 8/9 at 50.5c. It's a mid cap so 6.5K position. Since then there's been a capital raising so the chart has changed but the good news is I get the entitlement of 2 for 5 at 40c so currently I'm happy with the trade as it's very close to breaking out to new highs for the last 2 years and last week made a new yearly high close. Any views on this stock I'd be happy to hear.

Cheers

cok

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3920

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 08:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ABY, was underperforming for a copper producer, one I picked up last year. It is beginning to move as from a few months ago, plenty of catch up to do. With copper price doing well, I do not see why its SP shouldn't improved further. They have also reopened a mine which they closed during the GFC when copper price was low, repaid the debt raised during that time without raising additional capital and with the money they made bought the 50% stakes of their joint venture partner at Maroochydore.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

ehmu

Post Number: 60

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 12:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello peter:

Nice catch.

I am in the rangebound mentality at present. The other thinking would be that we are in a new bull market.

The rally in ABY looks to me to be quite well along, and with the rangebound mentality that I have, I would be dancing close to the door.

Referring to attached chart. Daily, weekly and monthly resistance is $1.38. Let me say that my measurement of resistance is the close of the candle after a peak price. (this is not a conventional method of picking resistance.)

Using the same technique for support, I make support at $1.18.

It would be interesting to hear the input from the TAZ advocate and EW guys on this chart.

_____ n a m a s t e

peterloh

Post Number: 3922

Monday, October 18, 2010 - 06:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hal,

Thank you for your constructive comments. One important aspect not mentioned is the time frame. I normally have a longer time frame, so the ebb and flows do not concern me that much, as long as my long term trend is intact.I bought this as a strategic investment amongst severals at about 35c initially last year. I guess, I could have been out many times on trend alone as FA wise I thought it was so undervalue and ABY is in the right sector I decided to remain stubborn, that time will tell.Copper price is so strong and the reopened mine may have or not been factored in yet, and that I see momentum gathering in the short term.I also hope that ABY stays in the channel recently established.Comments are well come whether my strategy is right or should I have some modification in what I am doing.

Cheers,

Peter

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4205

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 07:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter,

Below is a possible EW count for you ABY. If I am correct then we are in the process of forming the minor "c" wave to complete higher level wave B. Based on wave range equality and the current sort of rate of assent it could peak in the February/March of 2011 so you should have a reasonable amount of growth left in the stock before the next higher cycle down turn. This timing tends to confirm my thoughts on what the overall market will possibly do in terms of completing the March 2009 rally.

The weekly W%R interim sell trigger also looks a little way off yet. Looks like you're possibly on a good trade for the medium term if I'm reading it correctly. Obviously I am using very much ball park estimates to provide some sort of guide at this stage but it would be the pattern that I would be monitoring at this stage to establish the counts accuracy.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

ehmu

Post Number: 64

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 12:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter:

Yes, that you bought at 0.35 more than a year ago does change the context a bit. My comments were well intended, but misplaced, sorry.

_____ n a m a s t e

ehmu

Post Number: 65

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 12:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway:

Mce is tickling short term support.

Just in case you haven't moved your stops yet.

_____ n a m a s t e

sway

Post Number: 652

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 12:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ehmu, not considering moving my stop
Cheers
Sway

peterloh

Post Number: 3925

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 04:21 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ehmu,

I do agree with you, if I trade the channel, there is some money in it. However, there are so many selections in the small cap to pick from, I will let this capital ride the trend and hopefully, ABY stays in the channel. I do not know whether I am doing the right thing by ignoring "the noise", so that I don't miss the big swing up if it does come as the fundamentals for copper producing companies are too strong at the moment.

Best Wishes,

Peter

jaded

Post Number: 362

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 05:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

baysider-
see your ORE is holding up

News came out after Market Close today but it doesn't seem too 'earth shattering' so Friday's rise may not be 'insiders' but only tip followers but then again I didn't read the news too deeply.
baysider it may be a Tip Sheet doing a bit on Lithium and Potash.Both of which are attracting speculative money at the mo.

I don't follow Lithium.I reckon that it's avid followers should take a dose of it.They really over rate the stuff IMHO.
Anyway Lithium in Argentina is an old stand by for the pump'n'dump.Some penny,[was it Admiralty?] was flogged on the basis of Sth American Lithium some years ago.

just a tip,baysider for following Insider Money causing out to the blue or green 'action'.
Try and track previous Big Rises in the past as to whether they were BEFORE news.Companies who are 'leaky' often do it a number of times,don't worry about ASIC whoever catching them.
do you follow,baysider?Shares Going on a Leak usually will have a history of same.Rarely is it a one off.
Whereas Tip Sheets usually only 'work' once.

cheers baysider.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

baysider

Post Number: 458

Tuesday, October 19, 2010 - 09:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded

Thanks for the tip. As you say the news release is not startling so unlikely to have caused the rise - on the other hand price hasn't collapsed either. I'd certainly have preferred follow through with a bit more green to get a little distance from the buy zone. Bit of indecision it looks like as the volume is still quite strong.
Where you a detective in your previous career? Maybe you should have renamed yourself Sherlock!!! LOL

What do you make of COK - you commented on that one a few months ago I recall though it may have been a pick from 'he who shall not be named but likes boats and funny dress up gear'

ehmu

Post Number: 66

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 01:08 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No silver bullet, only to join the speculation on ORE. Likely a large investor, or one of the underwriters deciding to take a considerably large position. Concerned about getting it too hot, wants to accumulate while consolidating price here.

Note: resistance of closing price May17 where the sellers took control $2.34. Then breakout oct15 $2.35 close above $2.34res. Then backtest breakout oct 18 & oct 19 lows of $2.36.

I am testing a trading plan that accumulates positions in this type of consolidation on the 4th, 5th and 6th days after the peak candle. In this case, oct18 is currently the peak candle if no others occur in the following six days. If another high does occur before the fourth day after, then the trigger is reset. If the break from the consolidation occurs after the entry on the fourth day no more shares are taken. Theoretically the risk can be very low because the entity (whoever) is holding the price above the new support.

Next two res levels where sellers took control prior $2.52 $2.75

_____ n a m a s t e

jaded

Post Number: 364

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 07:36 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

emhu,
interesting 'trading plan'.
some comments-
key is to start AFTER a similar consolidation to ORE's above.
After all,observation of buying 4/5/6 days after Highs before now,wouldn't have given good results.
So we'll just have to 'test' it based on current high and retrace [if any]

I don't quite follow your assumption that Highs and support holding is the work of some 'accumulating entity',predominately.
That peak around your 234 caption may have been made due to stop loss sellers who bought back in April or so.
Similarly the next one[prior to September] could be mainly Profit Taking after that low.

I see these simple explanations of Why there are 'waves' much more useful and instructive than straight Wave Theory.I think instead of identifying 'cold' whether it's wave 3 or sub [iii] whatever one is better off checking Date of Chart Momentum to News Announcements.Such a check could give you more a perspective on the Dynamics of a particular shares 'foibles of Momentum' than some general theory one size fits all [as long as you have the 'count' right/whatever]

Anyhow why particularly 4/5/6 days after?Do you,emhu just don't care WHY the Price Peak? Company Business/Structure may have changed.

Private/Non Institutional/"Entity" Money may predominate in the Buying/Price Rise.Without referring to the Actual News one wouldn't know or be able to guess how much Legs this jump may have.You'd be sitting around for 4 days while the share got well and truly away on you and then say the bubble bursts?well 4 days after the peak you'd be Buying a falling knife simply because you weren't 'informed'.

Yes,ehmu I read your first post on Daily Bread about all information is 'reflected' in the Chart but I suggest that only mainly applies to Over Analysed/Broker Recommended Blue Chips,a small percentage of the Real World shares on Market.

Anyway,it'll be something to watch this 4/5/6 day after peak in ORE 'plot'.

regards

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

jaded

Post Number: 365

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 08:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

baysider Re Cockatoo Coal

really this should be discussed in Short Term.There is a whole other Forum available instead of 'huddling' in the Hall of Fame.
Anyway,

So it's hovering near Blue Sky Terrritory.You can see from my Support/Resistance Lines it's been awhile,baysider since my interest waned.[lines auto extend long after drawn]
Why did I give up on it?

1] Even though the Company 'rabbited' on about it's deposits of Highest Grade Coking Coal[term escapes me] but it 'said' it had this High Grade Gear yet it made no JORC progress [that i could see] confirming How Much of this it had.

2]McCarthur Coal's[MCC] failure to get taken over.MCC is the world's biggest Producer of the High Grade Coal 'Gear' and a bit of TakeOver Fever/Rumour spilled over into Cockatoo affecting it's price but perhaps more it's 'status'---->over valuation maybe?

3]I'm getting Cold on Coal.All this Greenie HooHa.I feel,will be very negative on Coal Companies in Australia.Yes I know,there's no viable alternative energy source available etc etc BUT Politicians wanting to be seen to be doing Something will pick the 'popular' Black Hat ie Coal Companies to kick [imho]
eg the Super Profit Resource Tax will be just the start of Coal Kicking.

Anyway,I sold out of it a few months ago because I didn't think it was a High Flyer just a plodder.

happy trading

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

ehmu

Post Number: 70

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 11:07 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jaded:

My personification of the current price move of ORE is somewhat tongue in cheek, or a fun loving way of expression. Some people enjoy relating to a subject when there is a villain at the root of the subject. And then some other people relate to a subject best when they can name the villain.

This 456 method of looking at consolidations was given to me about 3months ago, and I have been watching it in different situations since then. The situations are all different. Even if this one works with the markets correcting, it will not be a proof of anything.

I do read the news on the majority of my investments. I find more significance though in the perception of the markets (the price) than in the polished and professional releases of the media specialists.

This is not a slam on you, I quite enjoy your presentation of simplified fundamentals, don't stop on my account.

_____ n a m a s t e

jaded

Post Number: 367

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 07:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so baysider did you 'panic' or take the advice from some os 'expert'?

yes your buy price of a 230 was 'touched' today BUT ORE came back to still being in d'Race.[simple talk for maintaining a 'possible' uptrend]

This is developing as quite interesting pick,baysider.
Even on a reaction to a 'bad' DOW day,your Ore has maintained it's price and 'theory' suggests you should be patient awaiting developments.

Price action today suggests-
that neither 'insider' or 'tip sheet' is influencing the price.It seems this may be 'pure' Support that may lead to further price increasing.
I 'postulate' this due to ORE having 'encouraged' buyers,even on a retrace willing to come in [against general market trend] and close ORE so 'convince-ingly'.

That this occured against Day Market activity AND without further 'justifying' news?
well,baysider it all seems an appropriate "Go".

I hope you maintained HOLD on ORE,baysider.

emhu-
You don't wanna play 'slam' with d'jr ie me.
Simple Fundamentals? i hope you're not 'implying' patronising or simplistic ie base,'student' or irrelevant to the term simple.
emhu you don't wanna 'play' with me.
40 years ago I was taught by the Knights of the Southern Cross,a bunch of RCatholic accountants and Auditors,about d'Gist of the blessed Stock Market with an emphasis on Fundamentals.

So Canadian [d'poor man's Yank!] suggest you google Brisbane Australia and socio-politico 1970's/80's history and you may get a 'clue' as to where I'm coming from.

IMHO you are on the 'Fancy' while lil ol' me?is REAL.

cheerio

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

baysider

Post Number: 459

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 07:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Indeed Jaded a splendid days work from ORE, happily I wasn't even close to selling. The previous high close from 5th Aug was 2.26 - today's low 2.27. Hopefully that's got the retrace out of the way and from here it's onwards and upwards!

Did your Brisbane Knights have a round table by any chance...

peterloh

Post Number: 3927

Wednesday, October 20, 2010 - 10:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Normally, I found that if someone has the conviction to put his money where his mouth is, it puts more weight on what was said.It has a higher chance of success than a passing comment.This is my observation from the threads posted by the initial posters and others that comment on the post. I also find that the time frame could differ from different posters.

bridog
Username: bridog

Post Number: 195

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 09:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My contribution is BAU.

No time to discuss it too much, but it came up on a stock screen when it jumped around 30% on 21 October.

Without even looking at the fundamentals I bought 10,000 at 25c on opening on the 22nd as a spec trade. I've been ready to bail ever since, but see it is continuing on today and may be the start of a trend.

Jaded and others may want to have a look. It has traded up over $1 in the past.

Cheers

Old enough to know better . . .

bridog

Post Number: 196

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 03:24 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BAU

Market Cap $62 million

Cash Balance: $50 million

Business: Not much atm

Proposed Business: Mining bauxite in WA, building alumina refinery in conjunction with Chinese majority partner.

24000km2 of tenements in WA but cannot find any mention of resources.

Hated by greens and beset upon by environmentalist agencies with apparently deep pockets.

Some shareholders got their noses out of joint when the share price was ~$1.20 and company did a deal with "sophisticated investors" at 95c. Then sold some more shares to proposed Chinese partner for 50c. IMF got in the act but I'd say the issue would have collapsed along with the share price.

Quarterly report should be out in next few days and shed some more light.

Pretty speccie but has potential up to say 50c.

sway

Post Number: 653

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 08:28 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bridog

There was a bit of interest in BAU on this thread https://forum.incrediblecharts.com/messages/8/2414757.html#POST157057 leading up to the problems they had in April.

Cheers
Sway

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 284

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 02:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good thing I Bought yesterday at .275

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

ken
Username: ken

Post Number: 707

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 03:28 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I bought in today at 29.5 according to one of my breakout systems, one where breakout is above the high of the previous 22 days with many other pre-conditions. The previous high was yesterday. I'll let you know when I've exited. I know no fundamentals other than what you have here.

Ken

breaker_1

Post Number: 286

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 05:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice breakout today
1.50 target
In on the open tomorrow

cpl

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

bridog

Post Number: 197

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 03:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway, thanks for that . . very interesting stuff on old thread.

bridog

Post Number: 200

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 09:13 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Out of BAU at 32c.

bridog

Post Number: 201

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 10:10 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EAR worth a look no time to post now

bridog

Post Number: 205

Friday, November 26, 2010 - 01:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EAR - Up 50% in trading halt now . . pending release of gold assay results.

No time to post further

sway

Post Number: 654

Friday, November 26, 2010 - 09:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker,

Hope you still riding CPL. You should be up about 40% by now?

cpl

Cheers
Sway

PS> Anyone heard from Jaded lately?

breaker_1

Post Number: 293

Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 07:27 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Sway, CPL has been a nice earner still in, bit of a fright Wed, and Yeah where's Jaded

Alexander Graham Bell

sway

Post Number: 670

Tuesday, December 28, 2010 - 04:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker_1
CPL still marching on. Hope you are still holding.

Update on MCE which I mentioned back on 16th Oct:

MCE

1st buy on Sep 13 at 4.64 stop 3.76
2nd buy on Oct 14 at 5.24 stop 4.92
3rd buy on Oct 15 at 5.16 stop 4.92

Latest close $6.42

- Current paper profit 31.3%
- This position has grown to 6.9% of my SMSF capital which is above my normal limit but I'm not too concerned.
- My SMSF is currently 48% shares:52% cash
- At this stage of the trade, if I am stopped out I will make about 18% profit on the trade after brokerage.
- I still do not have a profit target. I will keep trailing my stop

Cheers
Sway

breaker_1

Post Number: 313

Wednesday, December 29, 2010 - 07:37 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

no Sway im out.... am in SEA SDL AUT

Alexander Graham Bell

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Federal Reserve Bank Influenceehmu27-Aug-11  03:55 am
US Debt...elisabeth21-Aug-11  05:53 pm
The hidden enemyjimdene5418-Aug-11  12:07 am
FIXED AND DYNAMIC TIME CYCLE ANALYSISbillt48 17-Aug-11  05:34 pm
Daytraderqed24 08-May-11  11:46 am
Fibonacci - Fact or Fictionrdumas37 22-Apr-11  03:58 pm