You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

Deleting securities from the drop down list?

Chart Forum » Incredible Charts - Useful Tips » Deleting securities from the drop down list?

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
arthurbach4
Username: arthurbach4

Post Number: 14

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 11:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is it possible to delete securities from the little drop down list on the far left side of Incredible Charts?

Thanks.

Pete.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 608

Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 06:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The drop-down list reflects the last 30 stocks charted. If you do not chart a stock it will soon fall off the list. You cannot delete individual stocks from the list. To clear the entire list, find the file Securities_ReOpen.list in your Incredible Charts folder (using Windows Search) and delete it.

Consider using a watchlist, where you can add/delete stocks and scroll through the list from the toolbar.

(from FAQs)

arthurbach4

Post Number: 15

Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 08:08 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Colin.

While I have you - is there an easy way to track one's thread entries and subsequent responses? As far as I can work out you just have to remember which forum section you posted a thread and manually find it again. Is this correct? I would have thought there would be some kind of email notification of thread responses?

Also, I have asked this before but as I forgot which section of the forum I asked it in...

Which would be the best section to ask straight up newbie questions? I have a read a few books on trading and have been paper trading for a couple of months now, but there are so many questions I would love to have the courage to ask. It just seems that there is no section heading which encourages such newbie questions.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks heaps.

Peter.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 609

Friday, May 28, 2010 - 10:14 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter,

1. Open your Forum Profile and select Email Notifications. You can select by Topic, by Thread, or merely Responses To Your Posts.
  2. Start a new thread called Newbie Questions under the appropriate Topic (e.g. Trading Systems).

Regards,
Colin

arthurbach4

Post Number: 16

Saturday, May 29, 2010 - 10:44 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for that. Turns out I had joined under a different email address a couple of years ago!

Thanks again.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Volume Bars - Colourwambam11-Apr-20  06:28 pm
Indicators for the computer agecolin_twiggs17-Oct-19  08:55 am
Importing Lists of Stockscolin_twiggs24-Aug-15  09:45 am
Circlescolin_twiggs19-Aug-15  11:19 am
What a web site !!shadetreetrader09-Feb-15  04:31 pm
MACD Histogram numbers...optimistic413-Feb-13  03:17 pm