You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

Trading Action Zone Set-ups!

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Trading Action Zone Set-ups!

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
TAZ Potentials?gdd331 14-Mar-12  08:51 am
T.A.Z. Trade Road Mapgamefisherman36 13-Jul-11  08:55 pm
Four Amigos---34/13ema--smoothed mom--RSI--Ab volehmu08-Nov-10  07:31 am
Archive through March 03, 2011stampy50 03-Mar-11  08:46 pm
Archive through December 21, 2010ehmu50 21-Dec-10  08:46 am
Archive through November 03, 2010stampy50 03-Nov-10  01:01 pm
Archive through June 03, 2010bib50 03-Jun-10  08:51 am
Archive through April 14, 2010gdd350 14-Apr-10  05:23 pm
Archive through March 20, 2010prater6450 20-Mar-10  05:23 pm
Archive through March 11, 2010maittlen50 11-Mar-10  05:22 am
Archive through March 05, 2010ivor50 05-Mar-10  11:51 am
Archive through February 11, 2010palace50 11-Feb-10  11:02 am
Archive through October 13, 2009baysider50 13-Oct-09  03:40 pm
Archive through January 08, 2009gdd350 07-Jan-09  11:55 pm
Archive through December 13, 2007mum50 13-Dec-07  03:29 pm
Archive through August 03, 2007roach25 03-Aug-07  10:32 am
Archive through July 19, 2007gdd325 19-Jul-07  01:13 pm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 220

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, March 03, 2011 - 08:55 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the advice Stampy.
cheers
Espresso

Would you rather be right or happy?

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1268

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 11:34 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Expresso...

WHN from a TAZ point of view is showing what I call a "secondary TAZ" set-up. This can be one of two forms:-

1)...when the price action has again gone above the 30EMA, is above the 150EMA and remains above both BUT it still hasn't had a +ve crossover of the 10SMA/30EMA to hence qualify for a 'traditional' TAZ alert status. This is the case with AGO atm and is shown as "Secondary TAZ 2" on my chart.

2)...or, when the Williams%R3 is rising from/at/or below -80% BUT the Williams%R14 is either on trendline support or only at ~ -50%(see "Secondary TAZ 1" on my chart). This often happens one of three occasions (a) if the stock is rising fast and may be a rising three set-up, (b)when the stock price has gone above the 150EMA for the first time in awhile and then pulls back below the 150EMA into the 10SMA/30EMA +ve TAZ set-up zone which is also below the 150EMA(this is often the first higher high the stock has made after a long bottoming process), or (c) bounced from the 150EMA and then trades above the 30EMA once again as is also the case of AGO now.

I have often noted in the recent past that when a stock's price retracement results in a -ve 10SMA/30EMA crossover, thus negating any immediate future 'traditional' TAZ buy set-ups, it is supported by the 150EMA and we will often result in a Weekly TAZ set-up. This more often or not results when the W%R3Wkly is at the desired -80% level but the W%R14Wkly only retraces to ~ -50%...this was the case with AGO last week as we had a "secondary" Wkly TAZ set-up in place.

Now, Stampy is right here, as all these "secondary" TAZ signals will be confirmed with price action above 7.8c. However, as he has also pointed out, today's volumes needs to get above Weds(5.38mil) and thats probable since we have already 4.5mil.

My only real concerns here with AGO is that we have an intraday gap(Bangs announcement last Fri)...betx 6.8 - 7.3(now)...that may need to be filled especially as the M/D has been drying up! I'd be watching that M/D very closely to try to identify any +ve/-ve changes...ATM there seem reasonable support in the low 7's.

Hope this helps Espresso and good luck with her as she may well be a winner!

Dolphin

canoz
Username: canoz

Post Number: 2

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 01:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

I had a question on how you manage your TAZ trades between your stop loss point and your target exit point. For example, I'm continuing to ride the LYC trade, entering back on 20 Dec when i saw a TAZ buy trigger. This was quickly followed up by the announcement of rare minerals export restrictions (saw you also picked up on this in another thread). The price waned over the past few weeks but is on the up again, hopefully will enter/stay in the upward channel. Around the same time, I also entered other TAZ trades (EXT - 23 Dec, AQA - 19 Jan, NXS - 25 Jan). Each of the prices rose in the following days to sufficient levels to move my stop to entry price, but then lost support and i was stopped out at my entry price for each. Unlike LYC, there appeared to be no announcements or stock specific news to continue the rise...and wider economic factors seemed to buffet the upward momentum. So... I understand the TAZ stop loss placement and your target for say 15-25% appreciation. My question is whether you have rules for managing the trade in between your stop loss and target exit point? Examples might be to tighten trailing stops or early exit where there are no supporting ASX announcements/news or time windows where you exit if the stock continues to drift past 3-4 weeks, or cross major trend line. How you manage your TAZ trades between stop loss and target may be through gut feel...but was wondering if there were any proven TAZ rules you apply. Thanks again for your continued informative posts.

gdd3

Post Number: 1273

Friday, March 04, 2011 - 04:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Canoz,

Welcome to the TAZ Thread(or should that be to the I.C. Forum); really glad to see one of the 'silent' TAZ follows take the trouble to make a posting and ask a question or two....and fair ones at that....PLACEMENT OF STOPS!

LYC, as your mentioned, is one of the stocks I have 'TAZ' traded quite a few times since July lows of last year.
No fewer than 10 TAZ signals have been given in this time ...resulting in 6 wins, 2 evens and 2 losses(another TAZ follower, would understand this!). My charts below show part of that period, top one...a TAZ ROAD MAP as it were...bottom one...STOP PLACEMENTS... for some of those trades.

Anyway, back to answering your questions...particularly to answer your question...are there were any proven TAZ rules you apply. Well, firstly, I'm not too sure if anyone could categorically say "There are proven Rules" in any 'mechanical' or otherwise Trading methods(and this would include Stop Placements strategies)! However, and secondly, I 'call-on' about 6 different Stop Rules? to plan my exit(stop) trades...but I'm sure there are more. Regardless, I will attempt to verbally explain the 6 different scenarios I rely/call on and 'pictorially' show, by using LYC trades that I took, on the second chart below. ....

1)...Initial Stop is placed under set-up candle low(this is shown in red on the second chart); the entry level(shown in blue) is just above.

2)...Once the stock is favourably away then I move the stop up to entry...by this I mean after 3 or more higher highs and higher lows, or

3)...If the stock advances more than 3 day's up from entry I usually then apply a trailing stop that is initially placed below the low of the second candle immediately left of the current one(some of the orange examples on the 2nd chart), or

4)...if we have had 3 'white soldier' candles(almost like the present TAZ...T.6 scenario) I raise my trailing stop up to below the low of the white soldier candle immediate to the left of the current candle.

5)...if we get a Key Reversal Day Candle(KRC) after 3 or more days up I usually place my stop below the close of the KRC if it has a longish wick or below the low of the KRC for the current day's action(sometimes this 'stops' you out prematurely as often KRC's are only a result or "Day-Traders" profit taking but many times its not...eg. a KRC after a breakout of a top...false breakout...or after a break of what is thought to be a continuation pattern? Have a look at T.3's trade map and reason for exit!

6)...because with many of the 'penny' stocks we get gaps, particularly largish gaps, I apply a particular 'rule', mostly to try not to 'cough-up' too much of the 'gap paper profit', right! I mean, it becomes easy if a stock gaps through a target zone...I simply raise my stop to the target level. However, if it hasn't reached projections but is still a 'big'(%) gap then I simply place my stop just below the 50% of the gap range especially if today's candle has a close below the gap day's candle or has a low lower than the gap up candle day...(see T.4 Wkly TAZ on Jan. 5th).

Partial ROAD MAP for LYC

STOP PLACEMENT POSITIONS

Really hope this of use to you, Canos(and others no doubt) and I really hope we hear from you again soon! Maybe a few examples from yourself.

Cheers

Dolphin}}

canoz
Username: canoz

Post Number: 3

Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 04:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, this is very helpful. Thanks for the detail and illustration with LYC.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 222

Saturday, March 05, 2011 - 06:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Dolphin,

Yes I second that thank you for further clarification.
Cheers
espresso

Would you rather be right or happy?

gdd3

Post Number: 1291

Tuesday, March 08, 2011 - 03:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ Alert!....PRR

I've posted this chart B4 recently and just maybe we are getting another chance to get in early...

Plus , They just released "An Investors Update" that I'm having trouble attaching here!

Dolphin

ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 652

Thursday, March 10, 2011 - 08:34 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IRD

Has built up a buy signal over the last three/four days.
Not much volume as yet, but two events can cause a price increase in any market.
1. Increased demand.
2. Decreased supply.

Regards to the Tazers
Ivor

gdd3

Post Number: 1301

Monday, March 21, 2011 - 11:39 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well I've been 'weigh-layed' all of last week as a result of a tennis(P/L) injury but was an exciting week to 'sit-back and watch' or better still 'pick up some bargains'. Anyway, hope all came through relatively 'unscathed'. Still, with the volatility in the markets generally one has to be diligent!

Having said that, as one would expect, many stocks came back into their TAZ set-up zones, especially on Wkly Charts(150EMA) and it is hard to filter through the many potentials to provide the best list. As for me personally, I will be 'adjusting' my choices to stocks that I believe could give between a 10% - 15% trading target rather than the norm 15% - 25% aim. In other words, ones that can also provide a 'tigher' stop placement to give a reasonable risk/reward ratio....opposite to what others may do in a 'volatile' market.

Anyway, here is a list of Daily Taz potentials, some have already given buys signals others nearby, maybe....

ALK, AKM, BKP(real penny), BSE, CBZ, KRM, SPL, TSM, WLF, YTC, and ZGL.

As I said above, it is the number of stocks that are providing Wkly TAZ set-ups and/or confirmations that is of particular interest....

BND, CPL, KMD, KRM, OSH, RRL and WAF.

On watch are HIG and IRN(given a W%R14 buy signal fro double bottom).

I'll post a couple of charts over the next hour or so of some of the best(from my perspective) when I can get 'bumb a lift' upstairs to my office and, hence , desktop!

Have a safe week...

Dolphin}}

gdd3

Post Number: 1326

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 01:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ Update...

Well, its hard to take advantage of someone else's 'misfortune'(and I don't mean that to be disrespectful) but the "Sunami/Earthquate" low certainly provided a great 'trading' opportunity for we fortunate trading souls....that is, if you had 'big co-hoolies' at the time. Even, if you didn't and you had an 'entry' tool like the TAZ set-up you could have entered many a stock to get most of the ride so far.

Now this is not to 'brag' but that last TAZ Alert list posted on the 21st of March above ...well you could have taken (almost) any of them and made some real serious % gains. I say 'almost' because out the 18 on the list I guess three have not 'performed'(evens) BUT none gave a loss! Sure, some here will say that any trading 'strategy' would/could have provided an equally??? good trading return in this 'extraordinary' trading opportunity window that presented itself but thats not the point....in hindsight! The point is, this(TAZ) trading strategy got you in through its simple rules with risk control and a laid out trading plan....and I add, that many of them haven't given an exit signal yet!

Its also worth mentioning here that my previous entry to that list was PRR(back on Mar.8th) and, guess what, she had you stopped out a few day's later( for a 2 pt loss) only to provide you with what has proved a better signal a week later with a re-entry at the 22.5c...and look where she is now(and yes, I took the 2 pt stop but also got back in at 23c and still 'hanging on tightly').

So all those who have faith in the TAZ set-up method and 'acted' you should be smiling. To those other tarder/investors who have done well using their methods of trading/market entry, I also say well done. To those who have sat back and "watched" in amazement don't dispair as their will be another "trading" opportunity just round the corner(you see, my old trading 'mentor' was always right when he said...

"Trading is just like your morning[ritual] wash in the Ganges; if you miss one day no 'probs' as She[the Ganges] will be there tomorrow..still 'flowing'...YOU JUST ONLY HAVE TO JUMP IN!"

Stay tuned for the next TAZ update!

Dolphin }

ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 693

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 02:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 01:01 pm:

The point is, this(TAZ) trading strategy got you in through its simple rules with risk control and a laid out trading plan....and I add, that many of them haven't given an exit signal yet!

Hi Dolphin,

What are you using as an exit signal ?

Regards
Ivor

gdd3

Post Number: 1327

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 05:54 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ivor,

To save me time can you pls refer to my post No. 1273(Mar. 4th) above or better still in the "TAZ Trade Road Map" sub-thread in post No.1275(Mar.6th)..."SUGGESTED STOPLOSS ROADMAP" for an answer!

If you are wanting a specific answer to any of the stocks that I'm still in "...that haven't (as yet) given a sell signal" then I'm applying either the exit rule described in pt. (3) or pt.(4) in the Stoploss Rules described(above).

Have a good weekend.

Dolphin}}}}}}

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 325

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 09:18 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi ALL

Yes this is my weekly Comp Pick on a TAZ basis.
I think it ticked all the boxes.. feel free to correct me if you think im wrong.

regards
Stampy

gdd3

Post Number: 1351

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 01:56 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SPL...TAZ Alert!

Looks like the $1.28 level was the "launching pad" for the next upleg on SPL as she has 'visited' that level no fewer than 5 times over the past two weeks or so only to find good buying response. Well, this a.m.'s impulsive action out of that level again has confirmed Fri.'s secondary TAZ set-up with entry at $1.34c. Now whilst there is some s/t resistance in the low $1.40's we should reach somewhere near the $1.54 - $1.60 band soon me thinks. Have a look at its chart!

Stampy, one thing that bothers me about your FMS is the M/D -ve imbalance and also I have a bad 'track' record trading her...may be having something to do with the large amount of shares in her.

Cheers
Dolphin

stampy

Post Number: 327

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 03:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All..

Sorry Dolphin . that charts an old Feb one of FMS ..
I was supposed to be placing Chart of JMS my weekly pick as aa TAZ set-up.

Sorry to paste such rubbish !!

Regards
Stampy

gdd3

Post Number: 1352

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 04:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Now thats a bit more interesting, Stampy!

JMS is a lot better both with its chart and its M/D!

Now Stampy, I know some here have "appealed" to you B4 about including too much info on your posted charts(for example the number of 'support' indicators below your price chart like above....5!) and even suggested by Colin as a general suggestion when posting charts on the forum. So just in case you are not aware on my chart of JMS above I have circled(in red) the No.1 located chart to the LHS of the price par of the chart and if 'clicked-on' will change the current chart information to show just the price chart only OR the No.2, also circled in red, on my 1st indicator that if clicked will give you the 2nd chart below. Of course, another way of not uploading too much info is to set-up a "print" page for forum postings that only includes say price chart and two indicators. Just a suggestion, Stampy.

SPL finished AOK, your JMS at evens but my WFE eased a little so no changes to our TAZ strategies required yet!

Cheers
Dolphin

stampy

Post Number: 328

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 06:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Very happy to receive constructive advice.

I know I have a habit of posting a lot of information on my charts and I will cut the information down in the future. I'm very impressed by your number buttons and will try and learn this new technique.

I post this this information because i'm using that much information to make choice on THIS stock over others. I don't use one indicator to pick a stock so /I thought it could help others to understand my trades and I'm guessing yours as well need almost all the stars to align for me to hoist on the rope.

Sorry to any that have found my charts frustrating. I'll build a posting page going forward.

how's this??

Regards
Stampy

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1337

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 07:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stampy,

I think it looks a lot better with the two indicators but would look even better by doing away with the white grid lines?

Cheers
David

stampy

Post Number: 329

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 08:13 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dennis

I can do that. Hows this?

Regards
Stampy

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1340

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 11:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stampy,

That looks a lot better - I am now able to look at it without my sunglasses on.

Cheers
David

gdd3

Post Number: 1353

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 - 12:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stampy,

You said above...

"I post this information because i'm using that much information to make choice on THIS stock over others. I don't use one indicator to pick a stock so I thought it could help others to understand my trades and I'm guessing yours as well need almost all the stars to align for me to hoist on the rope."

If you want to show all the info to others, like your 'normal' chart below, then why not use the same page but post in two...one for the price(as in the next chart...remember just 'click' the No.1 on the LHS of the chart page), and immediately below it, one just showing the indicators. To achieve this...(1)move your curse over the 1st division line between the price part of your chart and the the 1st indicator as highlighted in the 1st chart here; then (2)drag all the way to the top of the displayed chart and save as usual. To clear the 'content' of the price chart info that is squeezed into the top space just "unclick" the arrows next to the stock name info including MA's in the Top Left Hand(LHS) corner of the price chart. Delete any trendlines shown to completely clear all info shown. The location of these is shown in my little 'inserts' below the last chart here.

"Unclicking" the Stock Name and Moving Average boxes(located in the top LHS corner of the price part of the posting) and deleting all trendlines and captions will 'clear' the content in the top segment of the last chart above.(Note... I forgot to clear the TAZ caption!).

.........B4/after.........

Have fun Stampy....I know I did!

Cheers
Dolphin

}}

gdd3

Post Number: 1358

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 01:29 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AOH....

Has come up B4 under this thread(last time back in Feb.)and like a lot of our stocks gave a Wkly TAZ set-up(price action down to 150EMA) in mid March(E.S.NR. disaster in Japan) and just yesterday has a confirmed entry basis a Secondary Wkly TAZ set-up from last week.

Anyway, TAZ set-ups aside, I'm starting to like the look of her chart and the increasing buying pressure...a close above 31.5c should result in a move back to test the next range-band zone(37.5c+) and maybe higher over coming weeks. So, basis all of this I'm in just after open today and will look for another opportunity to add basis action around here.

Cheers
Dolphin

billt
Username: billt

Post Number: 818

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 02:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hey Dolphin

This last 10 month run has certainly picked up some great TAZ results.

Of the ASX 200 stock LYC & ILU seems to have produced the best results rolled up, with reasonable easy TAZ reads.

LYC perhaps the stand out producing an c.1000% return on rolled up profits.

If Rud'meister & the 4Gs are correct, and we are about to embark on a final 5th wave of reasonable strength, which ASX 200 stock are your favorite TAZ setups.

LYC currently is heading back towards the buy-in zone, but prices are supported at the pivot points (previous tops) and at the 38% fibo. ILU is in a similar position with a strong support level providing a platform @$13.

On the Small Caps, you might like to keep an eye on GDO (Gold One International) ....another Andean?

"Production for 2010 is targeted at between 85,000 and 100,000 ounces of gold at a cash cost of less than US$400/ounce. Reserve base of 1.36 million gold ounces and a total resources base of 13.66 million gold ounces."

gdd3

Post Number: 1359

Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 05:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Billt...

LYC..."1000% on rolled-up profits"...if only any of us could have had that 'finely turned chrystal ball' we could have ignored all the other marvellous opportunities and just "loaded-up" on this one. Seriously, the last two day's action in LYC again ahs "ticked" 4/5 of the boxes for another TAZ trade(today's volume...but there's still tomorrow????)....that's TAZ No.8 since July 2010!

As for "other stocks in the top 200" my scan for these stocks over the weekend, Mon. and Tues. has produced "nadda"(except LYC's potential) but that doesn't mean there isn't one(or more) out there! I'll check again tomorrow when new data is available.

GDO also shows potential....especially once above 45c; again tomorrow's volume could prove critical in term of persuasiveness(if there is such a word?)

Thanks for the contribution, Billt...keep up the good posting(here and elsewhere).

Dolphin}}

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 451

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 05:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Wednesday, April 20, 2011 - 05:07 pm:

GDO also shows potential....especially once above 45c; again tomorrow's volume could prove critical in term of persuasiveness(if there is such a word?)

Morning all. Just an observation but billt's GDO seems to me to be a perfect TAZ entry as per the original trend following website.
Wether it moves up or down is yet to be seen though but an entry signal all the same.
Is it possible that this system has evolved so far from the original idea that it warrants a new name. Perhaps "The Flipper" lol.

I don't usually follow this thread in depth but last few posts caught my eye so this has probably been covered elsewhere.Well done to you all for developing this system but to me, it ain't a simple trend entry any more.

No offence intended to anyone, like I said, just an observation.Cheers.

(Message edited by rockon on April 21, 2011)

(Message edited by rockon on April 21, 2011)

gdd3

Post Number: 1360

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 02:02 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rockon...Welcome back to the TAZ? thread.

Firstly, I want to say "no offence is taken(by me)" but I do feel I should make a few comments.

Secondly, I'm not entirely sure if I fully understand your e-mail correctly but assume that you are suggesting that (mostly) my interpretation of the TAZ set-up method that has been 'evolved' here is now so far from what Craig presents on his Swing Trading website that, may be, it should be re-named.....and I don't think you were suggesting that it(this interpretation of TAZ) could be misleading to 'newcomers'.

Well, may be you have a case as I admit(and have always said so right from the outset)that I started this thread to see if I could use Craig's TAZ principles in general to try to apply them to OZ pennies in order to achieve my desired 15% - 25% minimum trading gain remembering that he categorically said not to use TAZ set-up principles on (US)pennies.

You also stated above I don't usually follow this thread in depth so can I suggest you read the 1st two postings and my post No.1190(Jan.10) on the TAZ Trade Road Map sub-thread, to save me a bit of work re-peating myself again here, but mainly as these postings pretty well outline the changes I have implemented in my approach to the TAZ method. Also, hopefully, it may help you understand "why" I have implemented some of the 'alterations/additions' in order to satisfy my trading style and goals . Admittedly, they also sort of endorse what you said above..."this system has evolved so far from the original idea"; I guess I would only question the "so far from" bit, though!

I also admit, my application of the TAZ principles to the Weekly Charts is an "evolution so far from the original idea" but, as I stated in my post 1190 in the "Road-Map" sub-thread mentioned earlier here, I was 'experimenting' with using my preferred TAZ tools to try to 'get on-board' what may be the beginning of a new medium-term trend prior to waiting for the 'normal' daily TAZ set-ups to eventuate. Now, this also meant, as stressed, that I was going against the primary basis of Craig's TAZ rules....and that was that the price action was falling back within the Trading Action Zone(10SMA and 30EMA...'the zone') after a +ve cross of those MA's. I also stated in that posting(and many times before) that this approach "was a work in progress". It still is!

By the way, the use of the W%R's trendline breaks that billt has shown in his example on GDO above has nothing to do with either forms(Craig's and mine) of TAZ set-ups but was simply a result of me sending a PM to RUDY about what I though was one of the best ways to use oscillators(break of trend supports/resistences) that he(Rudy) picked up on and 'developed' further....and therefore most credit should go to him. I guess because I have often 'use the W%R14' trend breaks/supports(as shown in billt's posting) as another means of TAZ set-up levels, including for my WKLY TAZ tool, it has been seen by some as part of the TAZ Trading method that has 'evolve' here.

Which brings me to one last comment on your post, Rockon...I certainly hope you don't think that the TAZ trading method, either as outlined on Craig's website or this 'evolved' version here, is as simple as your posted chart on GDO....i.e. recent price action into 'the zone', above the 200EMA and the W%R3 below -80%....because it simply is not.

I'm hoping my "Road-map Chart of GDO" since June last year shown below will show just that...and by the way, a higher volume on the 'confirmation day' than the 'set-up' day is a requirement that Craig includes as one of his confirmation tools as is here on this interpretation of the TAZ rules. With GDO, Tuesday was clearly a potential TAZ set-up day as you showed(but also confirmed by the W%R14, structural support @ 42c and clearly trend is up...all 3 MA's rising and in +ve positions relative to each other), however yesterday's action didn't quite "tick all" the confirmation entry boxes... higher volume yesterday than set-up day and trading(1c) above high of set-up day. This is why I said..."GDO also shows potential....especially once above 45c; again tomorrow's volume could prove critical". Well 'tomorrow's'/today's action has provided the 45c(but not above...see my blue trendline...as that is why I said "once above") so technically we have the price level box "ticked" and also with the combination of the two day's volume after the set-up day now being comfortably higher than the set-up day volume(ah! another one of my "tweaked" rules that I apply and have mentioned B4)...is good enough for me to say we have all 5 boxes ticked.

GDO TAZ Road - MAP Chart

So Rockon, I hope this all helps you to get a better understanding of how this trader's use of the TAZ principles have 'evolved' to (**HELP) satisfy his trading goals and style and it stimulates you to again visit this thread with some contributions and/or comments.

Good luck(trading) to all of us with GDO if you are indeed in.

Dolphin

P.S....**HELP...was highlighted to let you know that I don't just use my TAZ approach discussed here as my only method of trading/investing.

}}

ken
Username: ken

Post Number: 755

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 02:53 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Dolphin,

I have also made my own version using Amibroker coding which differs in many respects after backtesting.

Regarding the volume required by Craig on the day you buy, What I have worked out by testing is that the entry day has to have 2.85 times the volume of the average of the two previous days.

gdd3

Post Number: 1362

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 04:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ken...welcome back,

Interesting comment re: entry day must have 2.85 x volume of previous two day's.

I assume you mean the day that 'satisfies' the price level buy criteria(i.e. above the set-up day high)regardless of its positional relationship to the set-up day(i.e. next day or some day's later). If the next day then it includes the day B4 set-up and the set-up day's vol., right! However, if you also mean some day's after the set-up day then this would render the vol. of the set-up day as "not a necessary criteria", right!

Can you elaborate?

I hope billt actually got into GDO before he 'retired for the night'; be a nice "wake-up" surprise right! I'll take this opprtunity, billt, to say thanks for bring this one to my attention again.

Dolphin

(Message edited by gdd3 on April 21, 2011)

ken
Username: ken

Post Number: 756

Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 06:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

I've only tested for buys on the day after the setup so far, so the previous two days are the 2 falling days before the entry day. The small amount of testing I have done buying later than the day after the setup is complete indicates smaller average gains and higher drawdowns.

In order to test in this way I found I had to devise suitable exit rules that are nothing like the original ones, and also some factors relating to the position of the XAO.

In this system winner average 25% and losers -7% and 56% are winners.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 452

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 06:16 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 02:02 pm:

By the way, the use of the W%R's trendline breaks that billt has shown in his example on GDO above has nothing to do with either forms(Craig's and mine) of TAZ set-ups

Hi Dolphin,
Agree on this but as the chart in question along with 90% of the other charts on this thread looks like a dogs breakfast, I bought up my own chart with the TAZ settings and that is what I posted. My point at the time and still is, is that IMO, this was a near perfect entry and although it could have broken down, any more "confirmations" could also have resulted in a trader chasing an entry.

gdd3 wrote on Thursday, April 21, 2011 - 02:02 pm:

Which brings me to one last comment on your post, Rockon...I certainly hope you don't think that the TAZ trading method, either as outlined on Craig's website or this 'evolved' version here, is as simple as your posted chart on GDO....i.e. recent price action into 'the zone', above the 200EMA and the W%R3 below -80%....because it simply is not.

Err,well IMO, Yes it is.And that is where our paths start to part.In my quest for the holy grail (my trip to mammon, if you like), I strive for simplicity.It seems to me that in other areas a simple idea is taken and turned into a complex behemoth.The last two posts before this one both prove this and have lost me.

I'm not saying here that I don't think you have a valid trading strategy here because you have. What I am saying is that sooner or later, the more complex something gets, the more chance it will become bogged in its own complexity.The Discussions on stop losses on another thread will prove this to me.There is a chance that the boffins will carry on for months on nothing but theory.IMO, although the hardest thing to get your head around and acting on, finding a stop loss system that suits an individual and placing it is a very easy thing to do.

So,Dolphin, I'm going to back away from this one now.We are travelling in different circles on this issue and to start arguing our theories will lead nowhere IMO. As I said, the last two posts before this one has lost me completely.

Have a nice Easter and good luck to you too

billt

Post Number: 820

Friday, April 22, 2011 - 08:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Dolphin

GDO...
I was waiting for a trip to the 38.2% fib, but as soon as the W%14 signaled I was in with a significant volume. I expected it to spike to the UBB very quickly - but it got there quicker than I thought. A nice Easter Egg! Hopefully some of that volume were other IC members watching your TAZ thread - they would have made an easy +15% in a day or two...

I appreciate the work you have put into this Thread Dolphin, it has taught me a lot!

I do understand that the system becomes a little too much for some, and they look for greater simplicity - that is perfectly understandable too. The TAZ system requires the use of considerable ram and motherboard head space, so thank goodness we can tap into your grey matter Dolphin to ease the path.

Happy Easter everyone - I hope a few TAZ followers got my GDO Easter Egg wrapped in a big green bar!

Bill

stampy

Post Number: 335

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 12:34 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin, Hi TAZers

AOH going Very nicely . I'm happy to be aboard with you.

GDO WOW!!! sadly I missed the boat on that one.

AAD could be worth a look or add to a watchlist, it hasn't quite ticked the last box of volume greater than previous days but Everything else looks to have lined up.

I'm still holding onto my JMS as it hasn't done anything terrible so far "touchWood"

I'll try and post a " Improved " chart this evening.

Regards
Stampy

gdd3

Post Number: 1368

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 - 03:59 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stampy,

AOH is AOK but needs to close above 37.5c in order to may be make it to our 1st target area of mid 40's.

GDO is currently on trading halt so will have to wait to take some profits?

AAD does look good on the charts but close today isn't looking too flash; may just allow a better entry opportunity as there still is some interest ATM.

SPL is another one I'm pre-empting a TAZ set-up and confirmation from near current levels and added to this today.

Updated chart for SPL...

Cheers
Dolphin

stampy

Post Number: 336

Thursday, April 28, 2011 - 07:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

chart of AAD.. looked ok until yesterday and now even worse today. hmmm sorry about that.

gdd3

Post Number: 1377

Thursday, May 12, 2011 - 02:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi TAZ'ers....A bit of an update.

SPL, after providing a set-up signal on the 27th April(see above) failed to tick that final box(Vol. increase over set-up day vol.) but this allowed another TAZ set-up on the 2nd May which was confirmed. I was looking for $1.54(a minor M/M) if we could make a new high($1.47c+); however she 'stalled' just below there($1.455) and has drifted back as much as $1.325, just above my stop level as I'm 'weary' of a Double Top in play. So, in essence the TAZ 2nd May play is still active for the moment.

GOA and ARD are two other TAZ's in play atm after 'secondary' entries last Thurs. GOA stalled at 4.9c and has resulted in the W%R14 breaking its temporary trend line support so may again drift back to the good 4.1c/4.0c structural support B4 moving on to test the 5.8c spike high. She is still very vell bid on M/D to keep me interested. ARD is still active(from a TAZ perspective) but in a 'Fund Raiser' trading halt at present but with Silver coming off last night may get a bit of 'wobbly' on open once the halt is raise....for a better entry point?

SSC is a real "Speci" of interest today and only needs to get above 2.7c to confirm yesterday's set-up from trend support...M/D in balance at present however should increase once 2.8c goes I believe but will need to be watched if this 'fades' and price breaks below 2.4c. Here's the chart....

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S....Hey, "Hey guys, please keep the new TAZ examples to this thread and not the TAZ Road Map sub-thread" as its getting a bit confusing and that "Sub-Thread" to discuss only "Road-Map" principles.

gdd3

Post Number: 1380

Monday, May 16, 2011 - 01:10 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ Update....

SPL....2nd half of holding stopped out at $1.315(1st half luckily out at $1.44 whilst away); now looking for another TAZ set-up that may not be too far away.

ARD and GOA have reacted as expected(see post above)and are still of interest as both are now back into possible TAZ set-up zones nearing good support. ARD is of particular interest as there is still 'evidence'(at present) of buying support on the M/D.

SSC, our little "Speci" in the group, is starting to create the expected buying interest(M/D) now that she is above 2.7c but the time it has taken to get there has meant we have a -ve cross-over on the 10SMA/30EMA's today even though we have traded higher. So, I'm now going to wait for a close above 2.9c as shown on the chart below.

SSC Chart...

....and for a new TAZ one on "alert"....KRL, also picked up by our "newbie" Gamefisherman. KRL has provided us with a Weekly TAZ plus 2ndary Daily TAZ set-up over the past week. All she needs to do is get above the 15c/16c barrier to confirm I believe but M/D interest at present seems to suggest this may happen soon!

KRL Chart...

Cheers
Dolphin...back "on-board" after a 2 week sojourn OS so hopefully will now see the markets "turn around".

gdd3

Post Number: 1392

Wednesday, May 25, 2011 - 02:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CMC...May be worthwhile!

Only been "on the Boards" for 6 months but is still mapping out a series of higher highs and higher lows, albeit with wild swings. However, the upruns have been bigger than the corrections and today's action has provided us with a W%R14 buy signal, and if we can get above 31c before Friday's close it will confirm last week's second Weekly TAZ set-up.

Now from my reckoning, if we can get through 31c and maintain buying interest we could get as high as 38.5c in this run(overflow of 8.5c trading ranges to match underlow...shown as blue horizontal line). I'm in for "a pound" and am happy to hold as long as 27c holds...nearly a 1:3 Risk:Reward ratio if thing pan-out as planned!

Of our last three TAZ's above, SPL is looking the best after giving the re-entry (secondary)TAZ set-up we were looking for on Mon.16th and this was followed up by a nice "dominant" candle last Mon. to all time highs that appears to be providing us with a new suppt in the low 140's for the next thrust up with a narrow 1.5c gap just below for "insurance".

SSC is "barely" holding on to the important 24c suppt. level but is a worry if she can't get back above 2.9c soon...watch with care.

KRL hasn't even managed to get above the 15c/16c area noted previously for that last 8 trading days and now has been taken off the watch list.

Cheers
Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 1396

Thursday, May 26, 2011 - 11:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ Alert....GOA!

By the time I've prepared the chart for this TAZ trade its already "on the move"...confirmation came at 4.3c looking for min. advance to 4.9c.

CMC also appears to be "on the move" now that 31c has gone earlier this am.

SPL going along nicely as well.

"Making hay whilst The Sun Shines!

Cheers

Dolphin

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 28

Thursday, June 02, 2011 - 10:52 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All

ADY could be one to follow as a potential TAZ. Whilst it is early days and the Williams has yet to come into play, today the first low has dropped into the TAZ Zone.....

Best Wishes
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

gdd3

Post Number: 1446

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 01:17 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few TAZ stocks for the beginning of the week that a few may be interested in...!

ABY...Wkly TAZ confirmation on Friday(for chart see my entry in this week's comp'n).

SPN....Secondary TAZ(ST) set-up on Thurs. follow by confirmation on Friday @93.5c. Tis on the back of a Wkly TAZ the previous week. A break above 96c could see a swift move if you "zoom-out" a little further than what my chart shows here.

DUE and DYE are also potentials for at least a small +ve move from their R3/ST set-ups.

Have a good week.

Dolphin

gamefisherman

Post Number: 47

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 - 08:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All

Just to keep this post going whilst the noise is happening in the market, I have listed some possible TAZ stock codes that could be worth watching to see what happens over the next short period. As I have no where near the level of knowledge on the TAZ system yet as most whom follow this thread, I havent added the charts, just some codes for you to make up your own mind on.... CEO,CCF,IMD,CGM

Best Wishes GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

stampy

Post Number: 354

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 02:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin, Hi Tazers

Its a tricky market at the moment,If your game I think that BDR is ticking all the boxes. It even has a nice uprend line in play ( also a downtrend line too) Has bounced out of Williams pull back. All positive and negative thoughts are welcomed. Sorry i can't post a chart until tomorrow . I'm not at the right PC to do that today .

Regards Stampy

gdd3

Post Number: 1452

Thursday, July 14, 2011 - 11:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi TAZer's...

Re: Stampy's BDR...just a personal observation from my experience of TAZ set-ups coming from mid-range of a trading range(in the case of BDR ~ 69-92) that more often or not they fail to provide an meaningful % run(remember, I'm always looking for between 15%-25% gains)even if confirmation is given. Now of course thats not always the case. In a stock that has been "range-bound" for some time(BDR ...6 months)I much prefer to follow TAZ setups that occur in either the lower 1/4 of a range or preferably in the top 1/4 of the range.

If you look at the BDR's TAZ Road Map Chart below I think you will see what I mean. T.1 and T.2 were AOK but also in the early phases of what was to become a six month trading range but were also near/at the base of the range. T.3 however came just above the 1/2 way mark of the range and simply failed to bear fruit. Of course, the further a stock goes "sideways" the more likely the TAZ MA's are going get confusing(numerous crossovers just as the price is about to reverse in the opposite direction...M.A.'s are laggers, remember!). The WT was OK(as it came from the base of the range, right!) but even that trade would have "tested" your trading skills/wits and even failed to reach the upper range level(92c) before being stopped out. T.4 also came from near the 1/2 way point of the range and whilst it faired somewhat better than T.3 it theorically was stopped out during yesterday's Secondary TAZ(ST) set-up candle that Stampy is referring to...also coming from mid-range levels.

The positives that I see in BDR's chart is that it has been range bound for some time and IF if can break out above 92c with conviction there should be a good move. Also I note we have had a series of higher lows(5off) and two higher highs over the same period and we could be in the early phases of a new uptrend channel(between the yellow lines). Another apparent obstacle seems to be 87c(gold line), a strong barrier through the last six months, so if we can get some strong buying support here on any breach it should provide confidence to finally break the range per-say!

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S.1 Thanks G.F. for your stocks; others of interest include PCL, ARD, SPL (again) and MZI.

P.S. 2 our two previous stocks, ABY and SPN proved "false" starters.

stampy

Post Number: 357

Sunday, July 24, 2011 - 08:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Thanks for your thoughts . I've set my stop with caution as a result.

regards
Stampy

gdd3

Post Number: 1466

Thursday, July 28, 2011 - 06:43 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

May be another chance to get some "mileage" out of CEO but this time using my preferred "Tools of Trade"(TAZ) instead of the "gut" feel(ala "throwing a dart" to some)that I employed for the Wkly Comp'n entry two week's ago.

CEO over the last three day's has given a good(we hope?) example of what I call a TAZ Cluster set-up. Up to yesterday's close it had "ticked" all the TAZ set-up rules and by mid-afternoon today it had "ticked" the remaining
confirmation rules(higher price above set-up candle(s) plus higher volume).

Its really hard to "act" on such a confirmation given the present market position but I'm in for a few(11.5c) and will act on the TAZ methods suggested stop if 9.5c goes B4 seeing above 13.5c. Only aiming for somewhere between 15.5c and 17c...the remainder of the gap above...and see what happens if indeed it gets up there!

Cheers
Dolphin

billt

Post Number: 954

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 01:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Dolphin

ILU Iluka

Looking at some of the ASX100 Big Caps, one stock which continues to pump out the gains in her rallies is Iluka.

Iluka has traded in a steady channel for 6 months, and has rallied +300% in the past 12 months. ILU is the top performing ASX100 stock in the past 3, 6, & 12 month period. Will it continue?

Currently at a 50% retrace, and at support zones.

W%14 still has plenty of downside, but faster Williams are already at the take off zone.

.... one to continue to watch for a new setup...

billt

Post Number: 955

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 01:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3

Post Number: 1468

Friday, July 29, 2011 - 03:23 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi BillT,

Yes, ILU has been an outstanding performer from whichever "angle" is your trading approach so agree with all you have said above. Its a great example of a "parabolic" ride(or "Stairway's to Heaven"). From a TAZ ROAD MAP perspective over the last 1.5yrs its been almost "faultless" and as you have hinted above it may be about to give yet another TAZ style set-up(T.9?) but thats all it is...a possible set-up!....confirmation needs to be seen! Having said that, ILU definitely appears to have reached a **"low risk" entry zone ...at ~ $1765...and with that rising channel support just below at ~ $17.15 for added **comfort.

**low risk and **comfort are highlighted because we have the overall(US, EURO and OZ) market positions and nerviness to consider.

Anyway, I include here my TAZ ROAD MAP that confirms what you have shown...the only difference is that I have shown a trend support line on the W%R14 that possible that would break down if ILU closed below 1765/60 today or on Monday that send out "warning" bells that maybe any near-term TAZ set-up may be premature!

BillT, you know I haven't "traded" ILU(mainly because of my current %gain/leverage strategy) but glad to have some in the SMSF. However, as you've pointed out with its 12month % gains result I obviously should have made an exception to my trading rules.

Cheers and have a safe(and restful) weekend in readiness for what promises to be ...well interesting and exciting coming week.

Dolphin}

billt

Post Number: 957

Saturday, July 30, 2011 - 04:40 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks Dolphin

ILU is a rare beast at the moment, but your caution is more than noted.

I'm more (ticker) 'TZA' than 'TAZ' at the moment....a 24% gain in a week is good enough for me!

cheers

Bill

gdd3

Post Number: 1586

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 11:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LYC TAZ ALERT....Maybe?

If you can cope with the 'manipulation'(shorting) that goes on with LYC and focus on the TAZ technicals right now might be a real good(low risk/high reward) set-up opportunity at current levels.

Needs to confirm and show improved M/D balance but that may be just around the corner...definitely worth a nibble for moi...but again thats just the 'dolphin' in me!

}}

P.S. others on watch include...CUE, GMG, LCY, MQA and SLR }

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 663

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 07:25 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PEM going for a bit of a run?

Hi Dolphin, I have it in my head that this is one you've mentioned a few times or entered in the comp?

Does it currently qualify as a TAZ set up sitting below a fairly formidable EMA150? Nice volume yesterday and the longer Williams is in position.

I'm cautious, though - that last descent in price is pretty steep and the Williams 14 traced a strong line from top to bottom.

Elisabeth

pem dly

gdd3

Post Number: 1596

Wednesday, February 22, 2012 - 10:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Elizabeth...

Thanks for PEM and yes, technically, she is ticking most set-up and confirmation boxes.

However, I agree with your concerns and would add that the set-up candle came on the back of 5 consecutive lower closes and from my experiences as such will have a hard road countering traders selling at "evens" on the way up. You will also note that the set-up has come from below the high of the last "Reaction Swing/Range"(LRR) of the downtrend. Now this warrants caution but is not necessarily bad as many 'Wave 2's' in a new impulse wave will do this on their way to 'test the recent lows'. However, what is of importance in PEM's current position is for the 'Control Point' of that LRR to hold any further downside and that we get above 41.5c soon and with conviction...41.5c being the top of the LRR. At this stage the LRR seems to be controlling swing moves...note the the recent high stopped in its tracks at the 50% extension of the LRR(but also the 38.2% retr. from the Aug.1st swing high).

I also note that last Thursday's low was right at the Oct. 3rd swing low...Is it possible PEM is tracing out some sort of Reverse Head and Shoulders bottom and we have the RHS, as of Thurs., or do we need to see 37.5c/36c next week for equality?

All just supposition, Elizabeth...good luck with her.

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. Hope you understand the chart "scribblings"; she's a tad "busy"!

elisabeth

Post Number: 664

Thursday, February 23, 2012 - 07:04 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for your detailed thoughts, Dolphin - agree. I'm now seeing the last four days action as a bear flag. Wasn't really in buy mode for this one - I'm working on my TAZ scan, well, scans - I have 3 which I'm trying to meld into one... Thanks again Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 1598

Friday, February 24, 2012 - 02:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ Alert....IVR

An example of a Secondary TAZ set-up(and now confirmation...31c). Secondary TAZ set-ups(W%R14 @/near -50% and W%R3 -80% and rising) often comes when a stock is 'really running' or has just crossed above the 150EMA and come back to the 10/30MA set-up zone. IVR satisfies the first case and with the POS(Silver) starting to look VG potentially should run with it.

IVR has a pretty good history of "fruitful" TAZ like trades.

Cheers
Dolphin}}

}}}

gdd3

Post Number: 1603

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 09:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ ALERT! .... CCC

Probably another entry level for the promising CCC this a.m. after TAZ set-up over last two days and early confirmation this a.m. @ 25.0c....Ticking all boxes so I'm in!

IVR has responded beautifully and no 'sell' signal yet so I'm still with her although last night's POS and POG massive fall will make me 'tighten' up my personal stop.

Elizabeth, your PEM is still active but struggling as we suspected...just can't get value above the 150EMA.

}

Cheers
Dolphin}

stampy

Post Number: 404

Thursday, March 01, 2012 - 05:07 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

Your timing was spot on.. nice !!

Do you have a list of stocks that are in the the early Taz cluster setup in the morning to watch ?

Regards
Stampy

elisabeth

Post Number: 669

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 10:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PEM turned up on my scan again this morning, Dolphin, but with the lower High and big fat volume on the downslide on Friday, itís off my radar. Only positive is the long tail which may save the day - PEM will proceed in either direction without me

pem dly

ehmu
Username: ehmu

Post Number: 759

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 11:42 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

LLC breaking out

_____ Hal

.......Not a recommendation to buy or sell equities

ehmu

Post Number: 760

Saturday, March 03, 2012 - 11:50 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CCC consolidating after break of 150ma.

General market still bouncing along under ceiling resistance, xao 4400 etc.

With the tail wind of a general market breakout, CCC would be on jet fuel.

_____ Hal

gdd3

Post Number: 1607

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 09:13 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Elizabeth and Ehmu...

Elizabeth...re:PEM...your concerns are warranted plus the fact(from a my TAZ perspective)is that Friday's action actually activated a stop on the then current TAZ play(TAZ 1)as soon as it went under 42c. For our next TAZ set-up we would now have to wait for all the boxes to be ticked again(note where the current W%R's levels are for example).

Ehmu...LLC...yes, it appears to be breaking out but from my TAZ perspective its not from a TAZ Set-up because we really haven't penetrated above the 150EMA since AUG(apart from Friday's action...i.e. after what could be argued a secondary TAZ set-up...referring to the W%R's levels). I'm not a fan of TAZ play in top 200 stocks especially the likes of LLC.

CCC...yep, right on queue and now in consolidation mode as is usual the day after confirmation via a 'Dominant' candle as we had on Thurs. I would think we won't see it below 25c before reaching at least 31c on this current run otherwise somethings wrong!

Stampy, have yet to look at my weekend scans so maybe have some 'potentials' to offer before tomorrow's open when I have a look a little later this evening. I don't have a scan specifically for "cluster" TAZ potentials...it is just a term I use for a 2/3 doji like candle patterns(Tri Star and 3 River Bed candle patterns) within the desired TAZ set-up zone...they usually are identified through the regular scans(boy, I wish Colin would include the W%R in the stock scanner options).

Cheers
Dolphin

stampy

Post Number: 407

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 07:17 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Happy Monday All

Sorry I only just saw this.

EHL Tazed a couple of days ago. I'm not so sure what to do with this one. as there's no obvious Trend yet. MD doesn't look right either. So i'll probabaly pass for now

GBG TAZ'd as well 4 days ago. looks like a better setup to me, M/D also negative however. I haven't jumped in yet waiting for a second TAZ or MD to improve.

I'm closely watching

SSM
EKA
GMR
MNM Trading Halt, Looked really good to me
CGM
VRX
RIA

All are ready to complete the TAZ set up or are in a TAZ cluster.

Sorry i Can't place charts from work

All comments welcome.

Regards
Stampy

ehmu

Post Number: 764

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 09:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Beam me up Stampy:

Thanks for the watch list.

I like SSM the best of your list.

It could pullback to the 144ema, but has closed the gap at .38 so may just go from here. My stop would be 50rsi or 144ema.

First target .50 second target .63

SSM is a broad based telecom company bragging 5000+ employees, but liquidity is quite low. May be good for our contest, but not that hot for a real trade.

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/research/companyInfo.do?by=asxCode&asxCode=SSM

_____ Hal

gdd3

Post Number: 1615

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 11:35 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stampy...

My turn to apologise for the late response...I'm have troubles with "testing" the new Beta vers of I.C. ATM but thanks Stampy for your list...

I actually had a small list also...CUE, PRR, ORE, PEN, LNG and SPL but, a bit like your list, wasn't really comfortable with most because of the then known adverse M/D. SPL and LNG were the exceptions and and thought were the best options(LNG may have already gotten away!).

Of your list, I actually like GBG, GMR and especially MNM. I'd scrub RIA and VRX.

SSM, as Ehmu has pointed out is AOK(generally) but I'm not as comfortable ATM (from a TAZ set-up point of view)with the other choices noted.

I'll post a few of the 'better' charts once I sort out some of the issues I have atm.

Cheers
Guys

Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 1625

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 03:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ "ALERT"....ETE...right at stumps!

I like 'em when they are coming from a GAP up!

Dolphin}}

gdd3

Post Number: 1631

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 09:35 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ confirmed on FRI..........AMU,FAR, RIC, QFX

2ndary TAZ confirmed on Fri...BSR, NWE, KAS

Possible TAZ set-ups.......AOK, ARV, GFF, EEG

Highlighted ones are I think are the best of the bunch!

Have a good week everyone...

Dolphin }

stampy

Post Number: 414

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 - 06:44 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Thanks for the list,

I must admit i jumped into FAR after taking a look at the TAZ charts. The Gap and Easy close out level if I'm wrong looked really good.

Thanks and regards
Stampy

elisabeth

Post Number: 677

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 05:41 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From my scans this morning - API may go for a run, the volume is there, just need the break with a decisive move away from MA150. RIA for the watchlist?

API

RIA

elisabeth

Post Number: 678

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 05:52 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, AOK had a nice break on fair volume yesterday, closing above the ST 15c resistance - looks like there's more upside for this one though it seems to like MA30 and the rubber band effect might stall the move for a time. Some interesting charts in your list above.

gdd3

Post Number: 1633

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 - 12:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Elizabeth...

Nice to see you back down here in the TAZ thread. Mind you, its nice to get a response anywhere on the I.C. Forum these days, right...need a return to a bull market don't you think.

Anyway, Bear markets for most here means more time to bring out the study books/threads. Which brings me to your two examples above in API and RAI... I have posted MY Road Maps for both to explain a few personal TAZ and Non-TAZ things to hopefully help you with your TAZ selections in the future.

Firstly, I want you to understand that I agree that both stocks look like they want to push NNE again soon...and thats what we traders are trying to achieve regardless of what T/A tools are being used to sway the probabilities in our favour.

However, there are some 'flaws' in your interpretation of TAZ set-up potentials particularly with API. On API you will note that we have a -ve crossover with the essential 10SMA and 30EMA set-up rule so 'theoretically' no TAZ set-up is given even though as you point out we closed yesterday back above the 150EMA. In fact, looking at the Road Map chart for API we have yet to be given a classic or secondary(ST) TAZ set-up since the OCT Swing Low at all. What we have seen though are two False Set-up(FS)both of which were either not confirmed or failed. However, we have also seen, and which have been fruitful, two Williams%R14 buy signals...but this is nothing to do with our TAZ rules...it can be used in conjunction with such but its a 'stand alone', high risk sole oscillator trigger which I sometimes use for limited entry pre-empting a double bottom for example. M/D balance atm is positive so thats good.

RAI...Technically, from a TAZ rule point of view, is much better(but the M/D balance atm is a bit of a worry...just my preference). The Road Map of RAI over the last 6 months picks up 2 classic TAZ set-ups and one current Secondary TAZ(ST) set-up. Confirmation was given on the ST set-up yesterday at 45c but we are just shy of chart resistance(46c -47.5c) and the M/D balance is 2:1 against...not comforting!

Good luck with them if in.

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. Yes, nice close yesterday on AOK but we need confirmation within the next two days of value about 15c otherwise it may be back to the lower teens again. ETE is the same.

elisabeth

Post Number: 679

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 05:14 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin, thanks for your detailed response and charts, I need to tweak my scans some more - I'm finding the TAZ scan quite challenging to set up to bring something meaningful to the screen. Your notes on the charts above are most helpful, thank you

gamefisherman

Post Number: 150

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 05:51 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All

BUY looking like a potential TAZ setup that entered the zone today, solid volumes,however is a penny stock so is a high risk trade, not a huge fan of the gap down today for a TAZ as it may continue that way, but as I go through the list thought I would add it into the mix for our TAZpert to tick or cross off the list and perhaps add to the watchlist......

gamefisherman

Post Number: 151

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 06:14 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BRU appearing to be another possibility but waiting on volume confirmation

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 732

Thursday, March 29, 2012 - 06:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin

I thought this WAS a bull market. If it isn't, I'm sure looking forward to the real thing.

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

gdd3

Post Number: 1635

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 08:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway

Our interpretation on what constitutes a BULL or BEAR market surely has to do with 'relevance' and 'time-frames'. I guess I WAS referring to our own Aussie Market(XJO) not, say the SPX500, but even so, maybe I was using the BEAR a bit too flippantly...or was I?

What I mean by that is our 'lagging' XJO is only currently at the 33.3% recovery point of its Nov.'07 - Mar '09 (Bearish?)fall, has only risen a miserly 12.5% since its Oct. '11 swing low and still needs to rise another whopping
58% from present levels to test our all time high(Nov.'07).
Where as, the SPX500 has recovered 83%+ of its Oct.'07 - Mar.'09 fall, has risen nearly 32% since the recent Oct.'11 swing low and only has to rise a further 10.5% from current levels to reach its all time high(Oct.'07).

So yes, if in the "Good ol' US of A" one could consider we are in a BULL market again but, alas Elizabeth and I are in OZ and I(and I think Elizabeth will agree) can't quite agree that we here are in a BULL market here, yet...BEAR market, well very likely until we get back above that 50% retracement of the 'big fall', or if referring to a shorter-timeframe, back above the APRIL 11 highs...i.e. one and the same thing(level).

Cheers

Dolphin

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 733

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 09:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin
Yes, I generally agree with your sentiments. If you were trying to make money with XJO CFDs or ETFs, you would be struggling. But there are still plenty of trending stocks to work with, which has been quite profitable for me in a sideways Aussie market.

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

ehmu

Post Number: 780

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 09:33 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 08:53 am:

one could consider we are in a BULL market again but

'scuse me, could you speak up a little, I couldn't quite make out what you're mooing.

_____ Hal

gdd3

Post Number: 1636

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 10:44 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway...

But there are still plenty of trending stocks to work with, which has been quite profitable for me in a sideways Aussie market.

...We are 'rowing' in the same boat so couldn't agree with you more....I'm certainly not tradin' any of the XJO stocks nor Aussie CFD's or ETF's.

May you good trading fortunes continue whether you think you are trading in a BULL or BEAR market.

EHMU...you know what I'm "Mooing" this week; next week may be a different "sound"!

GameFisherman...Two good TAZ potentials in BUY and BRY(actually, BRU is a "Bee's willy" from giving confirmation of a TAZ set-up today...just need a bit more Vol. today but, boy it is to enter a stock at these levels since it has already come 600% since Oct. '11)

Cheers Guys

Dolphin }}}}

ehmu

Post Number: 781

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 11:09 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Friday, March 30, 2012 - 10:44 am:

a different "sound"!

Lift off --- to the moon alice, to the moon

_____ Hal

gamefisherman

Post Number: 152

Friday, March 30, 2012 - 11:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Thank you for your input, as always much appreciated, will over the weekend go through my list and post any that may be of interest, although lol they will probably be on your list anyway :-).......

As for you last post Ehmu I am yet to get myself up off the floor after falling off my chair in laughter........

Cheers
GF

gdd3

Post Number: 1639

Monday, April 02, 2012 - 05:11 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ Update...

Only two on last week's list actually performed and the best performer, EEG(28.5%), was the leased preferred. The other was BSR(10.5%). These two are still 'active'. Of the remainder none have been stopped out but some aren't looking too flash.

Not much to offer this Monday that really stand out but you might want to keep your eye on VMS, having confirmed a "Rising 3" TAZ set-up as of Fri., APN, with its ST on Fri. and PYC confirmed TAZ on Fri. also.

Others include...ARV(again maybe?), KAS(ST), and SFX(mature TAZ).

See if we fair better this week.

Cheers
Dolphin

}

gamefisherman

Post Number: 155

Tuesday, April 03, 2012 - 11:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chart for SFX attached which appears to have given two daily TAZ signals in March with a possible 3rd on the cards over next day/s. Had to chuckle after reading Dolphins entry above that he had already put it forward as a potential. Will be watching with interest.

gdd3

Post Number: 1640

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 12:36 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi GF...

Yep, SFX is on "Watch Alert" for a position and trigger very likely tomorrow anywhere between 43c/45c.

Your T.1 and T.2 are what I refer to as Secondary TAZ set-ups(S.T.), that is the W%R14 is ~ at -50% and not -80% when the W%R3 is =< -80%.

Thanks for the imput, GF...keep them coming!

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. EEG "zoomin'" along nicely...into the stratosphere!

gamefisherman

Post Number: 156

Wednesday, April 04, 2012 - 08:10 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Thank you for the confirmation with SFX.....Agree with s break of the wiliams...from memory I think there was a large amount of buy orders in that zone yesterday which I hope will be there today and tomorrow...........see what happens.....will continue to search......

Congrats on EEG...........

gamefisherman

Post Number: 159

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 09:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AZG, maybe worth a look at, just found it ggggrrrr....... looking at chart now........

gamefisherman

Post Number: 160

Tuesday, April 10, 2012 - 10:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AZG strong resistance at 22c, not quite the right setup phew...

gdd3

Post Number: 1646

Wednesday, May 02, 2012 - 12:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi TAZer's...TAZ Alerts for LIN and MEO

LIN has confirmed TAZ entry yesterday at 24c ticking all boxes(still not too late today) whilst MEO is at the top of the watchlist for a confirmation TAZ + Williams%R14 signals expected in the next day or two.

On the confirmed list are ... ALL, ENV, LIN,and SFX.

On the Watchlist are ... CDI(all but 1/2c higher), DML, EEG(at 26c), JKA, HOG and KEY(asa speci).

Gamefisherman's SFX and AZG have shown mixed results. SFX initial TAZ signal proved pre-mature but set-up and confirmation came a little latter on the 18th. and is still active and looking a bit better. AZG, as GF pointed out, met resistance right at the trigger level of 22c adn collapsed after that stopping you out on the way down at ~ 19c...managable?

Cheers
Dolphin

stampy

Post Number: 436

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 01:32 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,

Its been a while for the TAZ thread. So I thought throw one out there for Comments

MYG

Ok I admit i'm a day late on the move and the 14 day didn't quite dip low enough. but i'm interested in others thoughts . I will post a chart tonight.

Regards
Stampy
PS if someone can post a chart today much appreciated

"Never give up, never give up, never give up" Winston Churchill

ehmu

Post Number: 837

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 02:14 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stampy:

Beam me up Stampy.

Not to shame you, just to say that you're not a day late. There were breaks before this-------but they were higher risk.

Attaching a chart of MYG, just some of my priority bo signals, not the bees knees.

1. Price has broken and closed above all medium term res .90 is the close of march 22.

2. RSI has bounced off of 50% on the up side.

3. Second momentum indicator ( CCI is balls to the walls bullish)

4. .88 is where zupport is, so .87 would be a potential stop level.

5. This stock is likely to run tomorrow, so your reluctance will prove to be an ill experience influencing you to take MORE risk next time. (This is not a positive development to take more risk for less possible gain).

best

_____ Hal

gdd3

Post Number: 1672

Friday, August 10, 2012 - 05:06 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stampy...

I'll add my "TAZ" chart for MYG to support Ehmu's master-piece and commentary. Yep, MYG did give a "Secondary" TAZ set-up on Tuesday; its the 3rd TAZ signal since MYG popped above the 150EMA in early July as I have shown on the chart attached. My bet, though Stampy is that 9.8c on Monday will cap this initial move B4 we see a bit of profit taking onto the 3 'Solder' Candles.

Since you have kindly resurrected the TAZ thread I'll try to find a few more examples over my very busy weekend to post for monday.

Cheers
Dolphin

stampy

Post Number: 440

Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 11:00 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ehmu

Thanks for putting up your chart up, I always like to see what others are looking at and get constructive advice.

I entered friday at 9.1. and agree with your stop

you said (5. This stock is likely to run tomorrow, so your reluctance will prove to be an ill experience influencing you to take MORE risk next time. (This is not a positive development to take more risk for less possible gain).)

Sorry to be a pain but i'm not sure what you mean here. Are you saying that it could run a little higher but i should beware of this set up due to risk/reward because i was late in the entry?

Thanks in advance
Stampy

PS yes ive always been a Star trek fan. " live long and prosper"

PPS i also liked yesterdays volume on MYG

Hi Dolphin

Glad to have you back

Your thoughts are always welcome. I see the previous entry points on your chart and sadly can't say i entered them.

I also saw the upside trend line you pointed out. and the 3 soldiers . i'll have to be carefull if it turns to be out quickly.

I also will try and paste more charts here as its a great thread. I was entering this one as it looked to me to be a taz trade that was breaking resistance as well.... and as one old sailor use to say " i like the shape of her ass"

But i still think i'm late.

Thanks and Regards
Stampy

ehmu

Post Number: 838

Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 03:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stampy wrote on Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 11:00 am:

to take more risk for less possible gain

Sorry stampy, I understood that you hadn't entered yet, the idea being that you would be entering late, with more gusto than had you got in early.

Or if you missed it all together, and because of the obvious buyer excitement that you missed, that you would overcompensate on the next one and take on a more marginal trade due to your feelings of being left out on this one.

LOng winded, just to explain my thinking.

Glad to hear that you are on the bus; no further philosophical bs.

H

_____ Hal

ehmu

Post Number: 839

Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 03:19 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stampy wrote on Saturday, August 11, 2012 - 11:00 am:

to take more risk for less possible gain

Sorry stampy, I understood that you hadn't entered yet, the idea being that you would be entering late, with more gusto than had you got in early.

Or if you missed it all together, and because of the obvious buyer excitement that you missed, that you would overcompensate on the next one and take on a more marginal trade due to your feelings of being left out on this one.

LOng winded, just to explain my thinking.

Glad to hear that you are on the bus; no further philosophical bs from me.

H

_____ Hal

stampy

Post Number: 442

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 01:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin, Ehmu Happy Friday
MYG, holding ok around 10c. Stop below .098 i guess.. sadly i didn't take profit higher up. I'm not very good at take profits.

Also thought VEI was Tazing. Volume on todays candle is enough i think

Very happy to see/hear what others are thinking .

I will post a chart on the weekend. Others charts always welcome

gdd3

Post Number: 1680

Friday, August 17, 2012 - 03:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tazer's...you may want to check out some of these on the list for next week...

TAZ TRADES...
BND...s/t @ 38 + Inv.H&S...looking for 50c.
CHC...TAZ @ 248...waiting confirmation.
GPT...S/T @ 351
ICN...TAZ @ 21c...waiting confirm'n.
MCP...S/t @ 183 but close to Resist @ 190.
RRL...S/T @ 465
RSG...S/T @ 138
NEN...W/T @ 39c @ close today.

TAZers ON WATCH are...
DTL, IDC, RHL and WDS.

NON TAZers of interest are ...

BCC, DTE and NDO

Have a good weekend.
Dolphin

}

stampy

Post Number: 445

Monday, August 20, 2012 - 08:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

Thanks for the list, I noticed a few of your picks are below the longer term ( 200 or 150) moving averages. Is that a new way your looking for stocks at the moment?

WDS and IDC sure looked to be right for a TAZ trade on the close.

MYG still holding in there and VEI chart as promised.

Regards
Stampy

stampy

Post Number: 446

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 10:06 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All

IRI also looks to be a taz set up that hasn't run away yet.

The market still sitting at the same level as the swing candle.

Chart to follow tonight

Regards
Stampy

stampy

Post Number: 447

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 08:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a day or 2 late yes but it hasn't moved form the entry point.

I'm not sure if this is a positive or negative. Thoughts anyone?

Regards

Stampy

stampy

Post Number: 449

Sunday, August 26, 2012 - 05:01 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all

Taz update on the 3 TAZ trades i put forward

MYG still in there, not sure where the stop should be at this point as the % move each day is so large. thoughts anyone ??

VEI still in there ,
Stop looks to be at .56 i think.

IRI unchanged just holding there. So i will as well for a while.

Obviously the overall mkt direction is helping my TAZ picks.

Regards
Stampy

gdd3

Post Number: 1696

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 09:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TAZ UPDATE....

Of our 8 TAZ'ers in our last list 6 have been "winners" varying from 2.7% to 21% so far. Our best has been BND(1 of two highlighted) squeezing ahead of WDS(that was on the watchlist). The only one to fail was our 2nd highlighted in NEN, a weekly TAZ set-up, and has been stopped out with a 4c loss(10%).

This week TAZer's include...BDR, NST, SLR, TOX, ALZ and again IDC many of which look like opening up a little this a.m.(as one would expect after Fri. in the US).

Cheers
DOLPHIN

stampy

Post Number: 455

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 08:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

I think you did a little better than my picks

MYG i got out at .11 still a nice win though

VEI didn't work out so well out at .54
But it's starting to look interesting again

IRI still going strong, the sell off 2 days ago was before the rally and didn't stopout.

Regards
Stampy

gdd3

Post Number: 1699

Monday, September 03, 2012 - 10:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stampy...

Your picks have been very good in this market; and with no losers too boot! Keep them comin'.

Have yet to check today's scans for 'newbees' but most of the stocks nominated this a.m. after Friday's set-ups gapped up too much to act(well except IDC thank heavens!)

Dolphin

hibikijoji
Username: hibikijoji

Post Number: 460

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 10:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MYG has chance

Disclaimer :
The views expressed here are for experimental practices only. They have not been independently verified. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.

Please consult your broker or financial adviser before making an investment decision.

gdd3

Post Number: 1703

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 10:33 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hibijibi...welcome aboard!

Good 1st up pick...MYG's been 'active' for some time now and certainly ticked all the boxes at yesterday's close to provide us with TAZ No.4.(confirmed entry @ 11.5c). Only one cause of concern is that it broke a 3-month uptrend suppt on the W%R14 that often, but not always, means this TAZ signal may not "reap" the 15-25% gain I usually hope/look for. What can happen is that price action needs a bit more time and space and therefore we get another follow-up TAZ set-up in the near future.

Dolphin}

hibikijoji

Post Number: 461

Tuesday, September 04, 2012 - 05:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

i haven't used williams %r before. it'll be a good exercise to test it on MYG.

Disclaimer :
The views expressed here are for experimental practices only. They have not been independently verified. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.

Please consult your broker or financial adviser before making an investment decision.

gdd3

Post Number: 1705

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 - 12:21 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Using "TAZ" on the XJO...well not(for me) to trade it(don't get that 15% - 25% move I'm aiming for with my TAZ'ers too often, right!)BUT I use it as a "comfort" meter. Well, hell it is better to have the over-all market signalling the same things, right...if you where trading the top 200/300 right!

Anyway, if I was to look to enter the XJO(or its leveraged alternatives) then I see right now a potential TAZ set-up...well on the Daily anyway...but, wait...PTO the page and look at the 4Hourly...

Certainly, the 4-Hourly chart(almost as expected) identifies the myriads of suppt lines right now, with the comfort of the 150EMA just below BUT just one warning...it now has a -ve 10SMa/30EMA cros-over in play which possibly/probably means any reaction from near here may be short-lived and we will see, at the very least, another test of these levels again soon. It could be that we are moving into a A-wave of an ABC correction(or worst still, a wave-1 low with the ensuing bounce a wave-2...heavens forbid!).

See how she(XJO) pans out from here.

Cheers

Dolphin

P.S. Hibijibi...the W%R's are my preferred "TAZ" set-up oscillators; others used the DMI. If you want to see man, many examples on my use of the W%R's I suggest you go to the archives and read some of this thread and, more particularly, the "T.A.Z. Trading Road Map" thread above.

}}

hibikijoji

Post Number: 462

Saturday, September 08, 2012 - 06:20 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks for the advice.

Disclaimer :

gdd3

Post Number: 1712

Monday, September 10, 2012 - 10:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This week's TAZ watch list, without the usual "preferential" highlights...although extensive no real stand-outs(M/D) in my eyes but am particularly interested in, maybe, EEG, BCC and BDR.

EEG, MTH, PRR, SVM, BCC, PIR, SPL, BDR, NST, ALZ, HOR and STX.

Dolphin

gamefisherman

Post Number: 268

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 12:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After unloading PXG, it has now appearing to look like a potential TAZ setup, whilst I am only a beginner with TAZ, I will wait for some of our TAZ pros to comment.......

Cheers GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

gdd3

Post Number: 1732

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 - 03:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Potential here, GF, but I think your TAZ 2 is "pre-mature"(sure, I do see your "?" so feel you'll agree). The question is if you see some reasons why?

Even though the PXG low today is near good chart suppt., I'm concerned that it has broken the W%R14 uptrend line and just below the desired -20% level to boot(This uptrend line is taken from the T.1 level thru the ST2 level on my chart). There is, however, good horizontal suppt.(yellow) just below and if that holds present weakness in the next day or so then you should be right. The downside is that if that breaks within the same timeframe then it is further confirmation that more time(and probably lower prices) are required B4 we see a good set-up.

Another couple of possible reasons are that today's price action is still well above the 30EMA and the "mid-way" GAP(highlighted in blue); both may act as a 'magnets' for this corrective phase. Note: we have almost reached our target(38.5c) for the "midway" gap anyway!

When I 'consider' parabolic chart stocks I always look at an Hourly TAZ set-up if not 4Hourly for better(?) timing. I won't post them here but check them out(I use W%R21/5 though as my triggers remember).

Good luck with it, GF...

Dolphin

gamefisherman

Post Number: 269

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 08:21 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Thank you for taking the time to reply to my post on PXG.

I think that I will wait, it would seem TAZ setups in 'Parabolic' trends are more riskier and waiting for a better setup or finding something else may well be more prudent. I relooked at the chart last night and also noticed the turn of Williams.

I also seem to remember that also a rising twiggs is better than a falling twiggs on the money flow as well, although not a 'requirement' for a setup, just something to add a greater proabability of a successful trade.

I noted your comments on the 4 hourly chart. For all TAZ trades is this something that you always check as well?

Cheers
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

gamefisherman

Post Number: 270

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 11:08 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PXG up 8% at 11:03, well Dolphin I jumped in the deep end and will see what happens, hopefully not a pump and dump, geez how things can change quickly... I bought in as the 5 minute 1 day chart gave a PAR buy signal at 10.45.......fingers crossed it is not pump and dump, tight stop and 29.........

gdd3

Post Number: 1734

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 02:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gees, GF...you're a braver(?) man than I(and most). Pls don't be angry with me; I really trying to help, right!

I can't understate the uselessness of using S/T indicators on ILLIQUID stocks. This is especially the case with "time sensitive" indicators(like SAR). When you get so many periods of 'inactive' trades then its only going distort, exaggerate and in fact provide "FALSE" readings. To illustrate my point I attach a 5min chart of PXG to highlight what can happen(to SAR)...I liken it to using your "trusty" oscillators on a Daily chart for a stock that has resumed trading after a 3/6month Trading suspension and expecting the oscillator readings to bee "TRUE" immediately. Well its simply not the case....the stock(and the oscillator) needs time to have 'valid' data to completely smooth out the effect of invalid data(say 14days for a W%R14period indicator and in the case of this SAR...20periods).

Now don't assume I can't understand your enthusiasm in getting into PXG because I understand you are trying to 'pre-empt' an entry confirmation that may follow basis your Daily(TAZ) observation BUT to vindicate your 5minSAR(on an illiquid stock remember)as a good entry trigger is fraught with disaster.

I really hope this proves to be a 'lucky' trade for you...at least you say you have a tight stop so thats positive.

Good luck, Mate!

Dolphin

gamefisherman

Post Number: 272

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 - 06:04 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Thank you for again taking the time to reply. Dolphin I would miles prefer that you are frank with me as that is that is the only way that I can learn. So I do appreciate you not wrapping me up in cotton wool. I want to learn, I want to become a better trader, and I want to become much better at TAZ, so coach I am listening. For some reason, with TAZ I am still a beginner and need to grasp onto it the concepts better. Not sure why I am so slow with it. Still need to work out the trading psychology of why it works....

Ok, so yet another lesson learned with the lack of usefulness of very short term indicators and note your comments around using time time sensitive indicators. No problems with that..

Yes on this one, I have jumped the gun and I now realise that. When I noticed the market spreads above 30c about 10.15am-10.30ish (buyers over 30c compared to sellers under 35 it was from memory about 4:1, then the silly signal arose on the 5 minute PAR as well and I leaped. I can dump it and take a quick small profit in the morning and wait for a better buy in or see what happens and learn a lesson the hard way...I dont budge on my stops luckily that is one area of my trading I get.

To be honest, my gut feeling took over my better judgement on this one, and I did not stick to the rules. I guess I jumped the gun and now hope that I dont get disqualified....ie with my stop loss becoming triggered....

I guess these lessons can only be learned in the real world with real cash, hence when I post a chart in the comp, I only post those I am going to buy.

Cheers and thank you for your honest feedback

GF

gdd3

Post Number: 1858

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 07:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Two mid-tier stocks that may be worthwhile having a look at from a TAZ set-up/confirmation point of view after today's action are ARI and AIO...both ticking all the boxes. Three others on watch are BSL, IMD and BKN(just need tomorrow's vols. up).

The only real concern with all of these is that the XJO/XAO and many offshore Indicies are screaming out for a possible/probable correction very soon...within day's ...that may "stif}le" any real % upside in these stocks.

Still, you must "listen" to your T/A tools and follow your plan and not your GUT, right?!?

ARI...

AIO...

Cheers
Dolphin}

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2013...January to March Challenge Week 7rockon40 21-Mar-13  05:51 am
2013...January to March Challenge Week 11rockon20 16-Mar-13  06:46 am
CKF... "KFC and Sizzler"msparks10-Mar-13  08:57 pm
ATUmsparks10-Mar-13  08:39 pm
2013...January to March Challenge Week 10gdd317 09-Mar-13  08:08 am
2013...January to March Challenge Week 9msparks30 02-Mar-13  02:47 pm