You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

OZL

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through October 14, 2010 » OZL

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 2

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 - 09:27 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OZL another ascending triangle?OZL

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2614

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Wednesday, September 16, 2009 - 09:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No !

Possibly a H&S, target @ $1.25

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.
My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it so do your own research.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

ivor

Post Number: 4

Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 08:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OZL perhaps trading in a channel ? I think we can often interpret charts according to whatever concepts we tend to look for. Like stargazing really, the answer is in the stars. However I think OZL is a buy, but the answer will be forthcoming in the fullness of time.OZL channel ?

hershy

Post Number: 2616

Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 01:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Needs to go over $1.20

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, itís made in the sitting.

ivor

Post Number: 5

Thursday, September 17, 2009 - 03:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy, have already bought in at $1.05 previously as I thought it was forming an ascending triangle. Will probably sell when
share reaches $1.20. Can't lose by taking a profit ?

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3352

Tuesday, September 22, 2009 - 02:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivor/hershy

OZL should break out any time now. The company is in an enviable position, with a billion $ in cash, operations cash positive. What are they going to do with all the money? The new CEO is putting in $10,000 monthly in a trust to buy the shares at arm's length.This one should break out from the ascending triangle any time now.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

ivor

Post Number: 18

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 09:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Hershy & Peterloh - Perhaps this is a breakout from an imperfect ascending triangle (or maybe trading within a channel) with a target of $1.40. What do you think ?OZL

ivor

Post Number: 19

Friday, September 25, 2009 - 09:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OZL has to be a breakout.OZL

hershy

Post Number: 2671

Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 07:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here is a new slant for you guys.
3 weeks sideways or down, then 6 weeks up to a new high.
And could still stay within your channel Ivor.

ivor

Post Number: 20

Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 08:48 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy - think I need a theodolite to interpret some of your charts. Maybe I should have listened more closely to the geometry lectures at school, and did more of my homework. Can't make head or tail of that one.

hershy

Post Number: 2672

Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 09:39 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hehe......
Was going to explain but thought a touch of mystery may add to the substance as in "less is more".
Horizontal Fibanacci with forward projection, based on the low and high of the last sustained move.

Theodowhat ?

peterloh

Post Number: 3363

Saturday, September 26, 2009 - 09:44 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

one day doji, banged, there she goes, even with the DJIA down on Friday?

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

ivor

Post Number: 47

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 08:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OZL - nice bounce off the support line ?

peterloh

Post Number: 3372

Wednesday, October 07, 2009 - 09:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Ivor, it looks like we are backing the same horses.
Go OZL, go.

ivor

Post Number: 268

Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Peterloh

Looks to me like OZL is on the up after forming a double bottom. Have bought some again after a nice profit last time. Target $1.30. With a bit of luck might add to the bank account ? What do you think ?
Indicators look pretty good.

Regards
Ivor

ivor

Post Number: 269

Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OZL

hershy

Post Number: 2905

Monday, December 28, 2009 - 08:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ivor,
I think your timing is good. Chart is looking good and I think you've made a low risk entry. There are two gaps still open on the last down leg; I expect they will be closed on this bullish leg. And there is always the chance that this is the leg that breaks out of the consolidation area.

I've been on my cruise ship for 3 days and have not left my cabin yet. There are two doors in my cabin. One leads to the bathroom and the other has a sign on the door knob that says "Do not disturb".

ivor

Post Number: 270

Monday, December 28, 2009 - 09:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Hershy

Seems as if gaps are the flavour of the day.
Have to pay more attention to them, and give them more credence in my trading from now on.

Regards
Ivor

peterloh

Post Number: 3492

Monday, December 28, 2009 - 11:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi ivor,

I have a holding on this one, bought over the last few months on the lower channel.Currently OZL is trading within a range and $1.30 is the top of the range. I would be more excited if it break out from the $1.30 level.
FA, this one should do a lot better, with increase profitable margins from the 2 most demanded product, in gold and copper amd more than a billion $ in the bank, this one should be flying instead of still establishing a base.
Maybe, this time, it may break out in Weinstein stage 2.
I am very excited over its prospect.
The MACD is turning up and MACD histogram is expected to turn positive.I would have prefer the RSI to be over 50 and a bit more volume on the way up.

happysam
Username: happysam

Post Number: 3

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 03:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hello Ivor,
ozl is looking pretty.
I think we should dare it to go beyond 1.30, just to make Peter happy

peterloh

Post Number: 3508

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 03:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy,happysam, if it breakout of $1.30, I will add a bit more to it. It means that it is out of stage 1, where the base is being established. We will then enter into Weinstein stage 2. There is a lot to hope for then.Today's movement is promising.

By the way, well come to the IC forum. It is not that we ignore you. If you want us to say something or comment on your post, please let us know, otherwise we just think that you are presenting your point of view.

cheers,

Peter

ivor

Post Number: 294

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 03:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter

OZL going gangbusters at present but usually chucks a wobbly around $1.30, where I usually end up selling it.
Will hold for a while this time and hope for better things.
Fingers crossed eh.

Regards
Ivor

hershy

Post Number: 2925

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 - 06:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I hold. If I see a long top tail around $1.30 I'll be out like a shot.

I've been on my cruise ship for 3 days and have not left my cabin yet. There are two doors in my cabin. One leads to the bathroom and the other has a sign on the door knob that says "Do not disturb".

ivor

Post Number: 316

Monday, January 11, 2010 - 01:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello all -

OZL seems to be consolidating inside it's little Darvas box.
Introducing this into my trading as from today.
Close inside the box ,or a movement above the box - HOLD.
Close below the box, SELL next day.

Finally messages from Hershy and Dug have worked.
"Don't hold on to losing trades"

Regards to all
Ivor

hershy

Post Number: 3031

Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 05:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems to be presenting a low risk entry.
RRR not too crash hot.

Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.
There is always one more imbecile than you counted on.

ivor

Post Number: 358

Saturday, January 23, 2010 - 07:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OZL

Sold out at $1.21 for a tiny profit.
Bought back in at $1.15 after the share gained support again.
Looks good at present after a spike on friday.
Have a love/hate relationship with it. I'm on their mailing list and follow them with interest.
Have traded this share a number of times, usually for a small gain. Never seems to live up to it's promise though.
Has a billion dollars + in the bank.
Record production of copper, silver and gold for December quarter.
But doesn't live up to it's potential.
Should be going gangbusters, but makes a leap forward then goes into pathetic phase for a while and retracts.
Reminds me of Telstra and Tattersalls whom I have traded many times.
But maybe, just maybe, this time will be different.
Can always live in hope.
If the share fires, I want to be there.

Regards
Ivor

ivor

Post Number: 485

Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 02:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OZL

Breakout from $1.13 this time, and has been retesting the support line for three weeks.
Can't make up its mind where to go, so going nowhere at this stage.
Have traded this stock a number of times for a small profit each time, but it's never lived up to it's promise.
Don't know what to make of it, or whether to have another dip at it.
As usual, indicators are all over the place and not much help.
Any comments welcome.

Regards to all
Ivor

ivor

Post Number: 486

Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 02:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OZL

Can even see it as a taz set up.
Everything's in the right place.
Just need a step up in volume to be up and away.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 35

Thursday, March 25, 2010 - 06:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ivor,
Iím not familiar with TAZ, I think itís going to be a waiting game to confirm its direction and it will problem come from the volume as you suggested. Thanks for the Heads up :-)

prater64
Username: prater64

Post Number: 14

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 12:27 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Is the point & figure chart showing that this may be setting up for a Bearish Rectangle Reversal?

Is it possible that there is a triple top in there?

From the TAZ entry point of view, should have a 3rd down day tomorrow (26/3)? That should allow the W%R:14 to consolidate closer to the -80% target from what I gather. The following day (27/3) would then need the increase in volume and a bullish candlestick pattern (hammer, engulfing, piercing) or the high to be above tomorrows high. Although the W%R:3 is tracing back toward 0 at close today.

Am I on the right track or barking up the completely wrong tree...thoughts?

"Opinions: Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one. You just like the look of some more than others."

ivor

Post Number: 491

Friday, March 26, 2010 - 06:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Prater64

Agree with all that analysis. Spot on.
OZL has been a disappointing share in my view.
Have traded it four times for a small profit each time, but think I'll take it off my watch list.
They always seem to be losing truckloads of money, and never live up to their potential
Think I can do better elsewhere.

Ivor

hershy

Post Number: 3207

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 10:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Seems like a time to keep an eye on Oz. Not doing too well now. It has bounced off resistance as it has done four time since October 09. I would be surprised if it falls all the way to support but when it stops falling it should present a good opportunity for an entry. Around $1.10 possibly.

"Getting angry is like taking a small dose of slow-acting poison,"

peterloh

Post Number: 3768

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 11:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Hershy,

Is the glass half empty, or half full?

peterloh

Post Number: 3770

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 12:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RIDE THE TREND TILL IT BENDS.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Guess who's broken out ?dennis_menace24-Aug-10  01:37 pm
PFL - Patties Foods Ltddennis_menace24-Aug-10  01:19 pm
GOLD 99,01,03,05,07,09azworkinit20 18-Aug-10  03:59 pm
GRRjaded85 16-Aug-10  07:01 pm
2010,,,June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week8ragchewer26 15-Aug-10  01:38 pm
SFR and Study of Nearologyjaded14 15-Aug-10  09:30 am
BMY - Brumby Resources Limitedgdd311-Aug-10  09:44 pm
IiN dennis_menace09-Aug-10  08:15 pm
ACR - Ready to move again?dennis_menace09-Aug-10  08:05 pm
2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 7ragchewer30 07-Aug-10  01:58 pm
KZL - another fallen angelhershy16 05-Aug-10  08:21 pm
2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 6ragchewer18 04-Aug-10  02:38 am
IPL - Incitec Pivot Limiteddennis_menace03-Aug-10  09:10 pm
MRM - Mermaid Marine Australia Limiteddennis_menace03-Aug-10  08:51 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»