You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Do or DYE

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through December 20, 2011 » Do or DYE

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
TWR triangle ?ivor17-Oct-09  11:26 am
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
dug
Username: dug

Post Number: 3709

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 07:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After ASX Close yesterday,Dyesol announced a deal with Merck to produce Bulk Chemicals of their "Muck".The announcement was made before the German Exchange opened[where DYE is dual listed]
I haven't found yet what happened there last night but this morning's ASX Depth Board indicates it seems to have gone over just Grand.
Now on my Broker Site because of some poxy "headline" story/whatever the Actual Announcement has been relegated/downgraded and is not shown as a Price Sensitive but merely news ie it is not flagged as Significant so,well,you'll just have to take my word for this being real GOER News.
I'm "anticipating" DYE doing New Year High[130ish]possibly by Month's End.There's a problem with this Jewish Yank Billionaire's shenanigans but hopefully he ain't got money enough to resist d'Germans.
I do just love a story that goes with it!!

Black Swan just flew in to DYEsol.
hopefully.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

dug

Post Number: 3710

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 08:08 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gap Opening even an hour before.
DYE to do a Big Kev[I'm EXCITED]
to me?
it's all about time.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

baysider
Username: baysider

Post Number: 161

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 09:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dug

A lot of selling going on and big volume - any ideas why they're selling out on good news - maybe just want their stake back on what must have been a losing trade until now?
Do you see 77c as downside resistance?

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 320

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 10:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys....Could have saved a bit of heartache if I'd posted this earlier but I've only just got home.

Big move in germany = 18% but volume of only 400 let it down.

Don't know anything about this company, either here or o/s so really can't comment on its performance.Best I can wish for is that I've scored the wrong charts and I'm way off.

dug

Post Number: 3711

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 10:44 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

baysider-
a cove who made Billion$$ by providing maths formulas to hedge funds in the 90's has come into play with Green Technology stocks globally.he runs this mover called the Quercus Trust that is the biggest investor in Green Stocks worldwide.
these are venture capital outfits as well as listed companies.he's got about 70 companies across the range of green tech,wind,algae2oil,branches of solar etc etc.

thing is,baysider,he's no Green Crusader.he operates to his own BigBoy Agenda and is known as secretive and dark,in that he gives no interviews etc,he does d'Howard Hughes,if ya follow?

anyhow,that's some gist on dyesol.complicated,hey?it's not a share for the attention deficient.it has all this building good news about commercial major production thru this major steel mob called Corus but because it's not blessed BHP/Bluscope we,or at least,they who just go on mob sentiment,twidles in indicators etc are getting blind sided by this Dave Gelbaum,d'Billionaire.

What "fun" in Fundamentals,hey?

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

dug

Post Number: 3712

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 11:51 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dave,d'aforementioned Billionaire has cross traded his remaining holding pretty much.He's left the building or rather the dyesol share price capping.

so who picked up his bit?
won't know til tuesday next week[3 day substantial notice requirement.]
we're into another chapter,bogey man Dave is gone.
on d'up'n'up be DYE
IMHO.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 2733

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 12:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

And the relevance of the dude's religion is .......?

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, it’s made in the sitting.
My advice is worth exactly what you pay for it so do your own research.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

dug

Post Number: 3713

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 01:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A Israeli Company 3G Solar,a venture company trying to manufacture fold away dyesenitised panels for the third world is majority held by our Dave.
They tried to Float it on the Canadian Stock Exchange but came a cropper.
This company uses DYEsol related Technology but does not buy it from DYE.I see them as IP pirates and Dave's involvement being personally to him "sinister" that is being explained as being another example of his Pro Israeli "attitude".

Now there's other aspects to Dave displaying this attitude.Google up Dave and the Sierra Club and the proviso Why he was prepared to donate US$100 mil to the Sierra Mob if they'd do/get on side with his Agenda.

Hershy,the Israeli's were pioneers of Solar Power back in the 60's.Now that they've been left behind Scientifically they are looking for a cheap In on the 3rd Generation Action.
For all I know [or care] the Tullochs may be Jewish.The Inventor,Michael Graetzel is up for the Science Nobel Prize and he's Jewish.Now if he was BLACK,he'd be a shoo in,hey?

Anyhow,forget the blessed Holycost,certainly don't come the slur on me being some neo right winger.The Israelis run an Agenda and they are a Sect within the Jewish Religion especially barracked and financially backed by bleeding Yanks from New York,Palm Beach and other "enclaves of wealth".

me,i'm just a non beliver pilgrimaging to Mammon with an eye out for traps.

and hershy,trust me I been around d'Traps.

cheers.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

baysider

Post Number: 162

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 01:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug

Just been checking out the DYE website and the German shares. Looks an interesting business and the price here has not reflected the massive uptick in the German stock - I can see why you thought 90c would get taken out.

captain_chaza
Username: captain_chaza

Post Number: 4111

Rating: 
Votes: 3

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 02:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Hershy

I just felt I had to show him up for what he is
Blimey! It didn't take long LOL!

Salute and God's speed

"While we stop and think, we often miss our opportunity." Publilius Syrus, 1st century B.C.

"I believe the future is only the past again, entered through another gate."
Sir Arthur Wing Pinero 1893

"There are two times in a man's life when he should not speculate: When he can't afford it, and when he can." Mark Twain, 1897

dug

Post Number: 3714

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 03:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

listen ya classic clown chuck.you're the one that prattles about other semetic "breeds"[R.g hea.s is verboten term now] and being ex Mossad etc etc BLAGH./

why don't ya stick to comp rigging and piffle that says nothing,alludes to everything by hackneyed cliche anywhere else than in my threads?

Charles the Walk you Walk is a mincing gait that fits perfectly to d'talk you talk patronising and catergorising anyone else than you as ...well fill in ya own blanks.

you have got Nothing to say that I wanna hear,

second time- Get Outta my Face,you are a Waste of Space,Loser.
but please note the correct spelling of Waste and Loser for next time ya pose as a writer.

baysider-it's now in the revelation of who got transferred to.unfortunately it could have been a shuffle by Dave between entities that still maintains his plot.
3 days/Tuesday for a Change in Substantial holding notice to be issued.

cheerio

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

dug

Post Number: 3715

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 05:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

baysider,bib,ivor,anyone else who isn't a passive star/vote chuck syncophant,

here's an experienced one's analysis of today's trading in DYE.

I use VWAP for Volume Analysis.VWAP is Volume Weighted Average Price calculated by
dividing Total Dollar$$ Transacted by Number Volume.
VWAP is published as used by Professionals;
Brokers/Funds etc
[not glory boy clowns ego driven by having secret self developed indicators]
Anyhow,VWAP is what Algorithmic[Algae Trading] is based on.
It's d'Professionals Tool.

Anyhow,today's VWAP has been distorted by the Xtransfer of 10,628,930 shares at 77 cents and outta d'goodness of my heart I've done the Calculation for you that shows that the Real Market sans this massive Transfer reveals a Volume of 2,179,703 other# dollar valued at $1797874= VWAP of 82.4 cents
practical figure.please note that this was the trading figure at Close.

So what can ya figure from this?
well,today's trading was not subject to "amateur"/day trading Glory Boy Rot.
2 million+ shares changed hands/traded mostly by professionals.Long Termer Jockeying,Strong Hands took from d'Weak[they who still skite at BarBques]

Yeah every Buyer has a Seller DURH but isn't a valid objective to be able to guage the flow,the balance of what d'Smart/Big Money is doing ie Buying or Selling?

Twiggs Money Flow indicator just don't cut it.it has no function that discriminates today's Massive Cross Ownership Transfer Transaction.Tomorrow this info is Gone,certainly any Pilgrim 2 months from now is lost in d'Wilderness about today's Volume's Reality or at least it's Indicator/Research value.

but you wanna be Fresh Meat for old hacks?Passed it,should be "sectioned",Triump Stag Driving POSEURS?

Garn,Fess Up who did d'Vote 5 Stars?was it you nicola,greek bloke?or you resilient our resident academic,only top 100 "Trader"?
whoever it was Get a Life.Charles is a Dunce/Dud,obsessed with selling himself and no use at all,in fact a hinderance to progress for any who want share dealing to be a Trade.

IMHO

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 92

Rating: 
Votes: 2

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 08:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey guys

Keep to the point.

We're all here to learn, and possibly be entertained, in a tough and unforgiving business.

No room for all this personal crap.

Ivor

hershy

Post Number: 2737

Rating: 

Friday, October 16, 2009 - 09:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,
Enough of this carp.
Why not just stick to the point.
Forget the personality clash OK ?
You guys really are bringing down the level you know ?
You're puttin' in a lot but your price is gettin' higher daily.
Don't really want to defend the guy in the leaking boat but give it a rest OK ?

The big money in stockmarket investment is not made in the thinking, it’s made in the sitting.

baysider

Post Number: 163

Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 11:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dug

I really appreciate your posts when you provide your real insights. I would not have looked at DYE without your post and having done some research on Friday I really liked what I saw and took a small stake at .815. I also saw the major transaction of the day at around 12ish if i recall at 77c. it will be interesting to see who did the buying and selling, let's see what happens next week and if it plays catch up with Germany.

I must say I also agree with Ivor and Hershy (and many others). The childish nonsense is surely above grown men and I can't really understand your need to write in 'hicksville' - why bother? I know Ody and others appreciate your insights on NHC for example so why not concentrate on the good stuff that we all like and dump the rubbish. Rise above the Captain please for all our sanity, i don't believe anyone really finds it amusing.

dug

Post Number: 3716

Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 09:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

baysider wrote on Saturday, October 17, 2009 - 11:02 am:

and I can't really understand your need to write in 'hicksville'

are you referring to the d' as in doing d'Howard Hughes?

baysider,i write how i speak. d' is simply to save typing as well as to sometimes "highlight" a metaphor etc.
I also am "private"/independent and have no need to express myself with Share Market Jargon and Terms.

Baysider I am an Anarchist.Been one since the late 60's.I also was "taught" the Share Market by Auditors connected to the Knights of the Southern Cross[a Catholic "Conspiracy"]
As an Anarchist I'm into Multi Facet but mainly being aware of How/Why/When the forces Left and Right come down to thwart us,little guys.
As a Brisbaner I have a vast experience in small f fascists as a "class".
As an ex-Small Business Advisor I also have Knowledge of Spivs and d'Aspirationals and how the two "clash" with good intentions/aspirations being warped into Fresh Meat for Sharpies.

Now I'm not looking for Followers.I'm not here trying to show off my Ego,classify my fellow members with me naturally to be assumed as a BigShot,Captain of all you as "underlingings".
baysider,if you see one that does that as worthy of respect and not a fascist,spoiler,smart alec richard head?well,you're going to find the Road to Mammon as difficult to find as bleeding Atlantis!!

Anyhow all I ask is that this CC clown gets out of my threads.I'd prefer if some/anyone else would "bounce" him on the twaddle he continuesously pronounces like that precios comp and his supposed exit from EKA.Would someone else check that the bleeding thing in the Real World turned over less than 10grand yesterday and what a Pose it is,ACADEMIC,that this go of $5000+ supposedly transacted?
oh whinnny'n'neigh it's by d'Rules.yeah but it's really a display of spirit by this three screen legend in his own mind.

Anyway,enough on the faults of this Forum.
baysider-Dave bought his 18% stake 2 years ago for an average 160.
he's sold down,not participated in options or placements to now having 9%ish/whatever.Only Dave can have sold this 10mil+[no other than/MD's/Directors/"Inventors/ the Tullochs hold such a stake]
anyway,Dave hasn't needed to take his Losses for some personal financial reason and IF he has been "manipulating" I ponder whether he'd "Flog Off" 10million shares at 77 cents to someone completely Arm's Length.

There is another angle.Google Dave and the Quercus Trust and you may find reference to a Parralel Investment Trust called something like Visions21.Seems this is buying into some of Dave's Investments with his Co Operation.

Best Bit,baysider,is that Visions 21 is controlled by some character who is classified as legally BLIND!!
but you have to be into high,dark humour to get d'Joke!!

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

hershy

Post Number: 2747

Rating: 

Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 12:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cannot help but wonder Dug how you might be legally classified.
When you call Mental Health, do you Dug, punch repeatedly and violently P (number 7) for paranoid or do you whisper 9 (S for schizophrenic) quietly so the voices don/t hear you ?
Or do you in rare accord with all the other people inside you dial M for multiple personality disorder ?

dug

Post Number: 3717

Sunday, October 18, 2009 - 06:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy,

ya gotta understand that what i say?
i believe.

now,i don't profess to being Right?
lots of my assumptions are LEFT on d'shelf.
Best Forgotten and GEEzuz hope d'pilgrims don't remember that faux pas.
but basically,if i'm to self classify meself?

an Only One,hershy.
Only takes One,and it might as well be Me
oh ya dream'n'wish that ANYONE but you yourself I

anyone would stick their head/bib up or in

and d'Only One "feeling"
dispersed by dat Other One,a Fellow Traveller
Get's d'Picture\

just like d'line in-
Leader of the Pack

met him in a candy stoooore,
turned around and looked at me

GET d'Picture?
YES WE SEE

Hershy,that's what I am-
d'Only One.

and hershy,if ya ever get there?well,all those psycho 101 triffliung personality classifications?

ahh chocolate bar I eat Social Worker Every WEEK.

Of course I could go on.Ain't this Stream of Consciensess BlOG?

Legally I'm Classified as Un Inhibited.
seems my contempories/fellow unhibited ones
are "known" Social Work 101
as "They" who more often than not,
run "inappropriately" dresseddown d'street.

i hope,hershy,you can appreciate my attaining such a legal classification.

UnInhibited,Not Co Operative,Dash of Subversive
How would it be if EVERYone got what jr "angles"?

ohh can we let him 'getaway' with being d'ONLY one?

I show off to MY self.Every day etc,better ya know d'drill?

anyway,i ramble.
it's sunday,for contemplation.
hersh,ya wanna pick up some techniques from me,
hershy you've kept Bad Company.d'fatal flaw was actually eyeballing/real world meeting trhiese "dudes".

Do or DYE.That's what this Thread is CALLED.
I,meself,I know all i need
know what/how/why this particular does what is DOes!!

So I'm MICRO
and have my own particular style in shares MICRO.

So what,jr?

Who's HERE 2 PLAY?

at d'very least

who's here to say-
Play What?

hershy and his ilk[cheerio ingot]have this all encompassing cliche
play d'ball and not d'manm.

i still fail 2C
that what if d'Ball=d'Man?

anyway,Only One is the philosophical position i "adhere" to
with UnHibited being my "righteous" Legal/Socia l "Tag".

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

hershy

Post Number: 2750

Monday, October 19, 2009 - 12:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,
A pet psychologist once said that dogs hear mankind something like this:
Good boy blah blah, blah blah, chockie,blah blah, blah blah, toy, blah blah, blah balh walk blah blah blah hungry ?

Bit like the dog above, the only bit I got from you last post was
anyway,i ramble.

But it was gracious of you not to launch into an attack on yours truly, which, I did deserve.
God love you, but you are unpredictable!

Now as far the real issue of DYE is that it's still gotta get over 90 cents to kindle any kind of interest.
And I hate to ask this but do you not agree ?

baysider

Post Number: 172

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 03:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice work from DYE buyers today Dug, the 90c barrier is well within our sights.

Any commentary from the sane Dug would be good - the other country fellow can remain in la la land please, he's FAR too hard to understand let alone comprehend. Not saying your schizo Dug but I believe the doctors are pretty good these days!

dug

Post Number: 3718

Tuesday, October 20, 2009 - 05:15 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Who bought Dave's Stake?We'll find out tomorrow.

you wanna dabble in right and proper analysis,baysider?Go read about Richard {Dick} Caldwell the new hot shot Chairman.Read his Mission Statement and don't 'rely' on me to give you a summary as to why I figure it COULD Be That it happens like this-

He's working,got d'Job for DYE to be merged,to be an Aquisition.Yeah,Yeah it READS that DYE is going to be the "predator" but that's just WOOL as in over ya eyes.

So baysider,hershy whoever what I'm saying is DYE is a TakeOver Target and i'm thinking about Half a Billion along with jobs/consultancies for the Team should pretty much pull it off.

Now some Wonders of Maths.
DYE has about 130 million shares on issue along with as yet unexpired employee options of...look it up.

Anyhow,a Half Billion$$ equates to approx $4/share and,well,half billion is "conservative" just as long as the TEAM don't sell out us mere shareholders.

BUT it also hangs on WHO bought Dave's 10million+# holding last Friday.

this is speculation that does not wholly rely on squiqqly indicators.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

baysider

Post Number: 174

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 09:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dug

It's UBS, what do you make of that? Are they buying on behalf on someone we wonder who's building a stake? I shall try and buy some more today around the 90c mark which we hope will be the new support.
Thanks Dug, nice profit so far.

dug

Post Number: 3719

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 11:10 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes it's UBS in some "holding company" format.I didn't get thru the 47 page statement.did they eventually reveal,at least say a dozen sub custodial 'clients'?

or is it like i'm taking it that the secret accumulator stays hidden?with their holdings broken up under 5% individual so they have no reporting requirement?

anyway,who's selling this weeks volume?
Well,stale holders long term [a year]can be taking "commercial" profits[15%ish even 20cents+ on 70 cent buys.

Long Term MONTHLY Chart and Volumes for old buys to current sells.

you should also be aware that a Placement and SPP recently added some millions of shares at 90 cents and Management has a large number of outstanding Options for exercising If/When price is above 125.there are years til expiry on these options but Market Lore suggests that Management only "pay up" on Options well and truly in d'Money ie share price at the time is 100% on option price,even more.

baysider,DYE may be in for a real run.it COULD be out of sub $1 for evermore.don't do a insurance salesman on it and get all cautious on BUYING.
merely buy and get ready if need be to apply a stop loss/maintain profits position.
this Corus deal could take DYE anywhere.

have fun,don't whinge that you weren't told or warned whatever.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

baysider

Post Number: 175

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 12:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Dug
I had a buy order at .915 just below low of day at .92c It ran away to $1 before I could act so I'll see how we go through the afternoon and may have to pay 98c or so.

hershy

Post Number: 2758

Wednesday, October 21, 2009 - 12:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,
You've done very well to keep the forum informed on the development DYE has to date and in the future undergo.
Well done.
Smith Family

baysider

Post Number: 179

Thursday, October 22, 2009 - 10:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I second the motion. Another +8% so far today, broken the $1 mark.

baysider

Post Number: 182

Friday, October 23, 2009 - 07:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice looking break out, $1.15 here we come

dye

baysider

Post Number: 214

Thursday, November 05, 2009 - 06:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dug

Are you still in the trade? I hope so as a lovely 15% jump today on good news re the commercialisation of the technology with Corus. All seems to be going well and the market liked the update.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 373

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 10:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dug & Baysider,

Do you think this week's growth spurt will climb up to challenge the $1.05 resistance line or hit the yellow downtrend line around $1 and slide back down?
d
My normally reliable indicators of Volume and RSI don't give much of a clue. Do you guys use some other combo to predict where it's heading?

Jimmy

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 650

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 11:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimmyswell...if I may make this comment!

Assuming you are in DYE and are not too sure whether to exit at abt $1.00 or $1.05(as highlighted in your chart above), well I see this decision as very simple....

Place your order to get out at $1.00 AND LET THE REST OF THE MOB FIGHT FOR THE OTHER POSSIBLE 5 CENTS PROFIT.

The essence behind this advise is DONT TRY TO PICK TOPS(OR BOTTOMS; be happy with the 70-80% of the moves in between letting the other market participants SQUABBLE over the lower and upper 10-15% of eventual moves.

My experience tells me, and I'm often reminded of this, is that when I try to SQUEEZE THAT EXTRA FEW % out of a trade I will invariably COUGH UP some of those hard earned profits OR EVEN WORSE TURN A PROFIT INTO A LOSS! The last time I was reminded of this was just yesterday. You see, no trader is perfect so don't try to be BUT try to relieve the anguish out your trades and be more comfortable.

Speaking of COMFORT, I'm out of here(Perth) for some R-n-R down south.

Adios
Dolphin

P.S. If Dye breaks above $1.05, and this is a strong likelihood, well then my case is also proved correct...that is no-one can consistently(and by this I mean about 10% of the time if they are honest)pick tops/bottoms...BUT you'll then be able to wait patiently for the next set up trade signal as the consolidation action in DYE since the mid Oct. high would have been confirmed? as complete. And as a previous wise old elderly trading colleague of mine use to say about missed(time) opportunities....THE GANGES IS STILL FLOWING, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS JUMP IN!
...i.e, there will be many, many more opportunities!

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 2933

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 01:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jimmyswell,

I hope that Dug and Baysider don't mind me providing a point of view.

I have found that one of the best methods for gauging the strength of a trend is by looking at the rallies and subsequent retrace ranges. This methodology works best when you have a stock or index that provides a number of waves in the current period. A reduction in the number of waves reduces the accuracy of the method because the number of comparisons diminishes. DYE is a borderline case but I'll give you an idea of the principles so you can use it in other circumstances.

You will notice that the range of the first rally was 28 cents and that of the second was 21 cents. That straight away tells you that the trend strength is weakening. The second tell tale sign is that the retracement for the first rally was around 80.0% whereas the retracement for the second rally was around 83.3%. That again tells you that the trend strength is weakening.

That tells me that the likelihood of getting to $1.05 is greatly diminished.

Now how to set the target level. Simplistically you could ratio the two rallies where the range of the second rally was around 75% of the first rally. You could apply a similar ratio to the second rally so your target range would be 21 cents x 0.75 = 15.75 cents. This would give you a target 86 cents plus 15.75 cents = $1.0175.

Alternately you could use the 61.8% or 78.6% Fibonacci levels of the second range which would give you a range of 12 cents or 16.5 cents giving you target levels of 98 cents and $1.025 respectively.

You will note that in this instance the 98 Fib level has already been tested and breached which brings the next level into play .

I hope that makes some sense to you. I have used this methodology for quite some time now and found it very useful. Like all other forms of technical analysis, we can only get a feel for a higher probability event and cannot achieve a 100% accuracy. The name of the game is to give us an edge over the market by attempting to determine higher probability events in our trading.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

baysider

Post Number: 236

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 01:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rudy and Jimmyswell
Rudy your comments are always very welcome though i won't speak for Dug for fear of a tongue lashing!
I actually exited this stock at .985 before the last trip down but it is a stock I like from a product point of view as much as a chart and one I keep a close eye on while i observe it's patterns. It seems to me to be developing a product for the future very much in tune with the times and with great partners, Corus from the UK and Merck in Germany where it also listed. Only last week it won an award for most sustainable company of the year 2009.
My current intention is to re-enter if it comes back to the 86-88c range or else if it makes a new high at $1.06.
I'll now wait for Dug to castigate me for this tactic!

Best wishes to all and especially you Rudy as we won't hear from you again until 2010 I believe.

rdumas

Post Number: 2934

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 03:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Baysider,

Yes, that's right. I'll be checking out how my wife's side of the family lives in Victoria for the next couple of weeks. It's going to be strange not having a computer as a constant companion for 2 or 3 weeks.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

dug

Post Number: 3749

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 03:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd love to be able to overlay Dave Gellbaum's Selling as revealed in his Substantial Holder Notices over this chart.

perhaps that would reveal more than a percentage move a la rudy.
As price rises does Dave Sell More?He certainly sells every day back then in small and bigger parcels.I think our Dave may have actually Pioneered Algorithmic Trading,one glance at his sub notices confirms he practises it.

on this mythical chart i think a US$ move should also reveal Dave's Game.

The DYE Chart,I say,is "corrupted" by Gellbaum's Activities.
i've babbled about this in this section and in long term but because i don't use strictly TA and various bozos dismiss my point as conspiracy theory or what bleeding ever,i got to contend with some variation of blessed Wave Theory!!

yes it goes up down or sideways but what other direction can it do?All this Elliott Mumbo Jumbo[could be fifth,no it's a secondary third blather] is only the Study of CoIncidence yet you are willing to get all learned about it and won't think/find shares with limited shares on issue as a criteria to fulfil a Basic Supply and Demand Trading Equation.

not so much you rudy,it's hershy who really peeves.

anyhow,it's all in Gellbaum's hands until some lock jam breaking news from Corus or Elsewhere swamps/absorbs his stake.

of course,he could be doing a real conspiracy and be Selling his Known Hold while accumulating/buying in other unreportable entities.
Bought at 160,sells down and caps so he can buy at average under a $.
he's got money to lose pulling such an action,it's a pretty standard hedge fund ploy,ain't it?

out of my league such shenanigans but is it for a Hedge Fund Billionaire?

you have to realise DYE has the Rights to Commercially SELL "Muck" but there is Nothing to Prevent IP Wise Another Company from making their own Muck IN HOUSE for their "Own Personal Use".

do you follow?
DYESOL is THE SUPPLIER of dyesenitised material/muck that they have 'improved'.
DYEsol is NOT the Inventor able to get royalties from any USE.

happy trading.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

hershy

Post Number: 2881

Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 04:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rudy,
Your post are very informative and have give some of us a new idea to follow and research it's suitability to our own specific styles. I can see how measuring the size of moves could give a further insight into the heartbeat of a share and prepare the user for what may come.
Dug,
I think you may have me confused with somebody else. I have never sneered at Fundamental Analysis. Though I do not personally look at fundamentals I have found myself in unfortunate positions due to the very lack of such research.
I believe you are wrong about waves, Even if they are no more than "mumbo jumbo" if enough people believe that they work, work they will. And like Rudy's measured moves, they do prepare the user for what may well be an outcome.
And being ready is not a bad thing. When I set a target based on my rudimentary knowledge of waves it is nothing more that a proposed pit stop in a never ending race.
I know that there is scientific proof that Fibonacci's golden ration exists in nature; I also know that there is only anecdotal evidence that the Elliott wave principle does work on charts.
The thing is Dug, that I like the idea, the simplicity of waves and it seems to suit my charting style, something to look for. Puts some semblance of regularity into the chaotic and seemingly random movement of the thrust and parry of stock market chaos. But it is nothing more than in indicator if you like. Like using volume or RSI or MACD or H & S or Cup and handles candle colours.
Why does that irritate you ? Or perhaps it's just me !

Anyway, conspiracy theories aside, not that there is anything wrong with that, here is my observation without a wave in sight.
An equivolume monthly chart tells me the following:

A lot of shares changed hands around 77 cents.
I can safely assume that this would be a pretty strong support level.
The monthly range has been getting smaller and smaller but more importantly, higher and higher.

A monthly candlestick chart shows that so far this month the pressure seems to be coming from the buyers. But the last two month's candles also started out with buying pressures but ended up pushed down by a wave of sellers. Should this month display the same pattern the chart will have an abundance of top tails which may bring on more selling. But as the chart looks today, I think the inertia is upwards.

I've been on my cruise ship for 3 days and have not left my cabin yet. There are two doors in my cabin. One leads to the bathroom and the other has a sign on the door knob that says "Do not disturb".

dug

Post Number: 3752

Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 09:11 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hershy wrote on Saturday, December 12, 2009 - 05:55 pm:

Though I do not personally look at fundamentals I have found myself in unfortunate positions due to the very lack of such research

hershy,you're equivolume chart illustrates perfectly this 'flaw' in your analysis and approach/method to shares.

So you are taking the October Large Volume[in FAct Largest Volume EVER]as some indication of support at 78ish,right?
Your chart interpretation is based on this volume spike and i assume you see October as some possible Turn/Swing point because of Volume.

You're WRONG,Hershy.You have made a very silly mistake.

See on October 16th over 12 million shares "traded" however some,i think it was,10million of that was a TRANSFER.
I believe in this case the Transfer was between Dave Entities and was not a Trade Arms Length but mere internal paper work.
Now a Sub Hold Change Notice came out fully confirming that it was a Dave Volume Spike and i say that this Volume Spike became quite Irrelevant for making any assumptions/predictions re DYE SP.

In fact,if one is using an Average Volume Daily figure for interpretation,you should ensure that October 16 is NOT distorting your Average ie no use in 90 day Average.

So that's an example,Hershy of you should try to research WHY your TA chart is highing and lowing,waving at you.

What you call Fundamentals and are 'indoctrinated'with dismissing is NOT the FA I promote.
I don't do Calculus,and Company Financial Modelling Jazz,I simply look for reasons WHY the price behaves as it does.
Doing so on a single share gives me background when some other share comes to my attention displaying similar criteria.

I reckon my method is better than trying to fit Elliott Waves into my Trade.Reading the News Announcements around the times the share displayed Momentum even some months before,i would of thought was basic Craft Development in Trading.

but oh no,too many around here are Salesman of themselves and their so called skill at playing some game and with their bleeding Self!!

Hershy,you were too impressed by d'Coffee Shop Set and their "I don't even know what this Bagger even DOES.I follow Charts ONLY.See this duck twiddle on this indicator" etc blah

anyway DYE support at 92ish with a confluence next week of the Uptrends.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

rdumas

Post Number: 2935

Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 09:33 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dug,

I have to say that I am starting to get a bit disappointed in the path that you are treading. Your greatest nemesis has always been Charles because of his insistence that his methodology is the only way to trade/invest and his abusive outrage at anyone suggesting another view. Previously I had always supported your efforts to be a counterbalancing force in that area.

I am now afraid that you have been battling Charles for so long now that you are starting to sound a lot like him.

Perhaps with the New Year approaching it may pay to reflect on your abuse of other posters and determine whether this is really the path you wish to tread.

You have much to contribute to the forum and have been able to share many useful insights into other ways of tackling the markets. It would be a pity if you to get so caught up in the 'heat of battle' with imaginary foes that you lose track of what the Incredible Charts forum is all about and that is to share views and help each other.

Do you really think that it is useful for Baysider and others to be afraid to express a view out of fear of a tongue lashing from you? Incredible Charts already has one well known villain.......we don't need another one.

I know that there are many on Incredible Charts who value what Hershey has to say. His posts are never arrogant or domineering and always insightful. How about being a bit more selective in your choice of imagined enemies or your credibility will very quickly fall away.

hershy

Post Number: 2884

Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 09:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ok Dug, I hear you BUT, and there is always a but.
So this Dave character bought/stole/acquired a heap of shares at a low price - for that time. Be this cost abstract or concrete, it is Dave's bottom line and it stands to reason he will want to protect this level, even if he can transfer shares from name to name and vice versa to confuse the watchers. He made a large commitment, a very large commitment and common sense ( I know what you are going to say here Dug, commons sense has nothing to do with this), commons sense would dictated that it is not in Dave's interest to allow his financial interest in DYE to depreciate.

Beside, this is all academic. Anyone holding now and looking to sell around the $1 top $1.05 is not going to be holding if the DYE should tumble to the 70's.
Well, bar a few members of this forum.

Yes I do subscribe to the theory that the charts tell it as it is and yes, I agree that charts do tell fibs. But so do road signs. How many times have you seen kangaroos when the road sign says "kangaroos next 10 kg ?"

And to finish on a lighter note:
On the Great Ocean Road, well past Torquay, miles from Avalon or Geelong is the first of many road signs that say " In Australia we drive on the left side so keep to the left".

I've been on my cruise ship for 3 days and have not left my cabin yet. There are two doors in my cabin. One leads to the bathroom and the other has a sign on the door knob that says "Do not disturb".

dug

Post Number: 3754

Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 10:16 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

finally a senior member gets some glimmer/inkling of d'jr act.
Yes it's all to do with "counter pointing" our Chuckles.
Charles offends my SOUL.So me being me has to take his throat out.It's the experience of Stand Over that motivates me as well as my Anarchist Beliefs.

after all,rudy anarchists are identified with bomb throwing,right?That's their and my "style".

So as for baysider,ivor and my supposed slagging off on them,discouraging them some how to Not Post?
I just don't DO Self Esteem Patronising,what's called Mentoring these days.I just want to give the likes of them [Fresh Meat]some counter/contra thought,best the opposite of their view.
Conflict,rudy instead of consensus because most concensus thinking is endorsed by "BigBoys,d'They",the Powers that Be,Establishment etc.

do you follow?

i 'work' in the Non Blue Chip Sector.I 'work' with shares not endorsed by your FA Programme,rudy.I 'work' with 'educating' teaching a lesson to End of Day Traders.

this is the path to mammon i tread.it's the field i plough.

now i'm prepared to post a travelogue of sights seen,tricks and traps i know along the way.

Such feeds my soul but i will no longer tolerate my so called Captain,Superior getting away with his Glory Boy Piffle.

and i reckon he is such a WrongUn,so False and detrimental he shouldn't just be ignored,given the benefit of the doubt,blessed Believed.

False Prophet Territory,rudy.You an 'angel' should fear to tread?

enjoy your holiday,rudy.Thanks for making your points to me above.
I'll ponder and modify but will not become Moderate.

cheers.

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

rdumas

Post Number: 2936

Sunday, December 13, 2009 - 12:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Dug,

Now that's the real Dug standing up and being counted. Whilst we do most times tackle different parts of the market, I do enjoy and learn from your ponderings and you sure do have a record of picking the good ones.

We are no doubt wired completely differently but reading how you and others see the market gives me a broader insight into how the market works which can't be a bad thing.

Have a safe, peaceful and Happy Christmas you rough cut diamond.

dug

Post Number: 3763

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 - 11:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 375

Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 10:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One week later on from my last post and the price seems to have touched the yellow downtrend line around $1 and is headed back down.
x
Where to next? I'm guessing it will meander down to the long term average (in green) in the low 90s. Then I'll be looking for a turn up.

baysider

Post Number: 240

Saturday, December 19, 2009 - 01:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jimmy
That's exactly what I see to. I'll be looking to buy again at 92c or so if the opportunity arises. Could it be the third and final touch before take-off?

hershy

Post Number: 2951

Friday, January 08, 2010 - 12:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dug,
DYE is behaving in an uncharacteristic manner.
Seems to be locked into a very small range. A line chart show the lows creeping up. If anything, the chart seems to have a definite bullish bias.
Cannot tell the volume on the charting program that I can access on the work computer but I am guessing is below the 21 day moving average.
You know this baby better than anyone in this forum.
Can you see anything that us mere mortals cannot ?
Sorry, cannot post a chart from work.

dug

Post Number: 3811

Friday, January 08, 2010 - 01:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yes it could be said to be consolidating at a higher level than previous range.
dave gelbaum may have taken a chill pill.maybe that israeli solar business chopped d'legs out of his 'interests',hershy?

anyway,baysider et al didn't get their 90 cent retrace.
copenhagen being so wishy washy didn't bring such industry as dye to prominence.

however,over the years i've noticed that european solar promotes/shares run on news/breakthrus projects are announced when the sun is shining ie spring/summer march/june.
this makes me think this is Corus Steel Prototype Industrial Shed that generates it's own power needs as well as 'exports' could be out there on some Welsh Field ...soon.

this should take DYE stratosphere say 2BUCK$$$+.
in the meantime,some other egg they're cooking particularly in asia and/or with merch for bulk muck production under licence could,any day,put it on the $2 track and,hershy double/triple/quadruple runs on news of outcomes from their various 'plays'?

i got this one for takeover at around $5 and act together,cash flow awash about $3.

yet i sold some today.still got 25,000.B/E in the 90's.
i got them a long time ago and was saved in the crash because of a discount disposal of Options.

anyhow,not planning to hold them on the Do or Die so the blessed things better get a bleeding move on!!

sooo tired,tired of waiting
tired of waiting for
youwhowho...
remember that song?

Even 'til Jaded.

Dig for the sake of it.

hershy

Post Number: 2952

Friday, January 08, 2010 - 06:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Dug.
Bit rushed for time right now, I'll respond possible in the middle of the night.

Kinks

Tired Of Waiting For You lyrics

I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
I was a lonely soul
I had nobody till I met you
But you keep-a me waiting
All of the time
What can I do?
It's your life
And you can do what you want
Do what you like
But please don't keep-a me waiting
Please don't keep-a me waiting
'Cause I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
So tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
I was a lonely soul
I had nobody till I met you
But you keep-a me waiting
All of the time
What can I do?
It's your life
And you can do what you want
Do what you like
But please don't keep-a me waiting
Please don't keep-a me waiting
'Cause I'm so tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
So tired
Tired of waiting
Tired of waiting for you
For you
For you

(Message edited by hershy on January 08, 2010)

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 154

Friday, January 08, 2010 - 07:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Kinks?!

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

hershy

Post Number: 2956

Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 05:54 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Phil, The Kinks.
Those dedicated followers of fashion really go me now that they sang Lola all of the day and all of the night but especially during that sunny afternoon Waterloo sunset.
Them Kinks.

Dug,
The best description of Technical trading I have read was an analogy. T/A is like driving forward by ONLY looking in the rear vision mirror. Love that description. Works on the Nullarbor but not (forgive the pun) crash hot on the Great Ocean Road. With the inclusion of your slant into F/A analysis driving is somewhat less accident prone. On a few occasions not heeding your warnings has cost me money as did not taking your suggestions seriously enough.
But these days I sit up and take notice. Not that you do - or should, care. Just throwing in a compliment for you.
Oh and here is another. I cannot tell you how pleasing it is to see your changed attitude towards newbies.
Please keep taking the medication. This is stated for humorous effect only and if it bothers you I am happy to desist but if you don't go apeshit any more like you tend to I will have to stop anyway.

OK back to the topic.

The method of measuring swings used by D'Artagnan's father (I know it's the wrong initial) shows just how much the size of the bearish swings have decreased. The bullish ones have too but by a smaller percentage. The bullish bias is clearly evident and as a Techie I see more positives than negatives and I see a breakout to $1.10 and thence to $1.40.
How interesting to note that the volume traded in DYE since October 19 is roughly equal to the volume traded on October 16 the day when the Mossad got involved.
The setup on the chart is not dissimilar to May 2007 and look on the last chart for the rear vision mirror see that happened then.
Vaya con Dios Amigo !

If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?

lucky_phil

Post Number: 156

Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 07:11 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy, Dug, et al,

I've largely ignored all the discussion re DYE in the past because the stuff wasn't my thing and I couldn't understand a word of Dug's palaver (sorry Dug) but you post on the similarity of current price action and previous setups prompted me to have a look.

I have had numerous profitable trades selecting shares on a P&F reversal. My decision criteria is that it needs to show consistent history of runs on reversals and should also be breaching a point of resistance or above with support from other indicators and the overall price/volune. On that criteria DYE has been a little choppy of late but there is something of a recurring pattern and since the double bottom formed Dec 07 higher lowers have occurred over the longer term. Anyway appears to have good support at .95 and reversal occurred on Friday but with low volume and TMF going negative, not one I would back at this stage.

I will look for a move on the current reversal above 1.02 before entering unless other indicators such as MACD and stochastic, which are currently inconclusive, turn positive which could provide an earlier entry signal. Some signs of a reversal in the TRIX may signal a change in trend which would certainly suggest a buy. Would still be a nice pickup at 1.02 if your target of 1.40 is reached Hershy.

Regards
Phil

lucky_phil

Post Number: 157

Saturday, January 09, 2010 - 07:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BTW, 31.8 fibo retracement is 1.09, 61.8 is @ 1.40 for those that believe in 'mumbo jumbo'.

Phil

baysider

Post Number: 285

Thursday, January 21, 2010 - 08:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dug

I expect you're glad you took some money off the table from this for IFE etc as it's looking dodgy at the moment I think you'll agree.
I'm waiting for it to break above $1.05 before thinking about re-entering.

dye

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 502

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 06:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded, excellent pick of DYE for the comp next week!

I see the chart a little differently - mine shows a pennant forming - volume is perfect! Long term resistance, now support, is at $1.15 which has been breached and tested.

Support is a little thin in the market depth but I've seen that change radically in minutes. Good luck in the comp :-)

Elisabeth

dye

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 66

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 09:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Elizabeth, DYE has strong supporting volume.
MACD indicators are all heading North.
Looks like it has found support.
Tested $1.15 on consecutive weeks, and closed higher high. I say DO!!

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 135

Monday, April 26, 2010 - 10:19 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Certainly a much more Positive Pattern,elizabeth.What's that 25 centish on Break Out Up?[140-115]

An 'interesting' thing is that Run from $1 to the Evening Star at 140.A Rising Five on Gaps and Volume.It happened on the German Market too.
There wasn't any news break,only some previous announcement a few days before hand.
I wonder if it was an Accumulate or just a Pump?If the Former[An Accumulate] I wish I knew what the VWAP was for the Run compared to VWAP in the retrace period.

But we don't get Historic Dollars Transacted,at least I've found no site that gives such info over say a Month.
Besides in DYE's case one would have to get the Euro Figures too and the Volume Europe is highly distorted.DYE is traded on a Market Maker System there with all these Millions of Shares merely transferred between these Market Makers for currency arbitrage etc.

Must try and get some clue out of DYE Company Secretary about how many shares get transferred out of the ASX to Germany and vice versa in say a Quarter/3 month period.
It's 'rumoured' that the Germans buy the next day on the ASX and this provides buy/sell pressure on DYE.
ie check Frankfurt before ASX open and you have a 'clue' for our Day's Trading.
It's only Frankfurt not the other minor german exchanges.

I'll post a link for the Frankfurt Bourse,later.Yahoo Finance includes the After Market Transfers in their Volume so they're not much 'help'.

Happy Trading and regards,elizabeth.

jaded

Post Number: 137

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 08:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

So Elisabeth,we don't even have a Bounce off the down line..yet BUT we have[your favorite]Close of the recent Gap [on Tuesday]

Now,Elisabeth,I know you're trying to Trade yourself to Retirement.[especially before you need to Blue Rinse ya hair to 'compete'!]
So I'll give you d'Gos.

See recently Sylvia Tulloch did a video for d'boffin class on the wonders of DYE Technology.
It was all technician guff but she did mention that Dye "muck" was the ONLY solar product that could go on the SIDE of a Solar Power Enhanced Vehicle[because it works in d'Shade]

Anyhow,Elisabeth she mentioned that 'some German Car Maker' was interested,if not fascinated. in this aspect of Dyesol Muck
and Elisabeth while she said this... in the Background...like on her computer screen...desktop..there's this icon saying BMW!!!

do ya follow,liz?

it even gets better because there's another ico saying JVof the 3!!

ohhhh elisabeth,what a 'slip',hey?
and now you're 'in onit'!!!

no need for gushing thanks,whatever,Liz.
whatta friends are for?

regards.

elisabeth

Post Number: 503

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 06:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Jaded, but here comes the gush….. you are IC’s most Incredible Researcher – the stuff you unveil for us! I really like the DYE story and I guess it’s a case of time with development of applications for the Muck – walls of buildings and cars!

Yip, the gap closed – that gap – keep eyes off those other gaps below! I’ve been looking at a monthly chart – sorry no time to attach, the day job is calling – it would be good to get a bit of a lift today to end April more positively. Unfortunately mkt depth doesn’t favour that, but it might look better later this morning. If DYE does retreat to close the gaps, I don’t see that as a problem as long as $1.05 is respected, however a subsequent rise would encounter a bit of overhead resistance from the last couple of weeks.

Happy day and weekend!
Elisabeth
(toying with maybe a purple rinse……)

jaded

Post Number: 141

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 08:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DYE Qtrly Cash and Activities Statement should come out today.Of Interest will be the sales of equipment and muck for the Quarter.
These give some idea of new research set ups by the "Commercially Confidential" Industry Big Boys 'considering' using dyesol muck.

See that's a problem with DYE.They don't/can't make regular announcements about Who is using/thinking about bulk buying their product/muck because of Commercial Confidentiality clauses with Major,Global Entities.[their preferred if only client base]

Neither does DYE[like a 'usual' pharma/bio tech]make regular announcements about BreakThrus in the Lab so as to Volatile their share price.
No,they have International Conferences to attend where they 'reveal'their latest advance to the world's top boffins in this field,nanotechnology.

Anyway they're still trading above the previous year high.
Could be Double Bottoming as well as Pennant maintaining.
Volume these days is not showing any 'panic'.
Traders volumed out just after the Evening star at 140.
Double Bot/Pennant does suggest/target 140+.

All 'we' need is some pertinent news.Maybe the Qtrlys will have it?

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 74

Saturday, May 01, 2010 - 02:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone

I'm following your charts and discussion keenly. 3rd Q and all seems to be tracking well- as projected at the AGM. After some years of belief and commitment I'm looking forward to my bonanza.

And I'm delighted to see that I have moved up to 3rd in the Annual comp. (thanks Elisabeth).

gT

jaded

Post Number: 148

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 - 09:22 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

elisabeth,grannie,any other dyesolers,

This CSIRO collaboration is 'good' news.It could develop into an avenue for Aust Gov't 'subsidy' of Australian Invention as well as access Dyesol to local credibility in it's science/tech.Can't get better than CSIRO endorsement for the local market,right?

However,even though it is two years off maybe be very wary of the CSIRO being issued Shares in Dyesol.Especially a Substantial Holding 5%+.

The CSIRO can not participate in Shareholder Capital Raisings[Rights Issues etc].It thus causes 'shortfalls' in such Raisings and encourages Placements to selected Sophisticates instead of All Shareholder Participation.

CSIRO shareholdings also cause an 'overhang' in a Listed Company with any Large New Buyer wanting "In" able to approach the 'cash strapped' CSIRO.

The CSIRO is in need of funding to do their own thing ie Research and Boffin about.Feds don't give them enough so their share holdings are up for 'grabs'.

Anyhow,it's 2/3 years off and not definite that a Substantial Hold of DYE will 'pay' for this collaboration.
Currently DYE is getting money and IP FROM the deal so my 'rave' above is FYI on d'Looooong Term.

Happy Trading.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 70

Thursday, May 06, 2010 - 01:11 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for the info Jaded.

jaded

Post Number: 153

Friday, May 07, 2010 - 08:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Holding up pretty good.Consolidating at approx 120.
It should be realised that the chemicals/minerals used in DYE Muck are not particularly rare or expensive.One of them is used in sunscreen and in general only minute quanties[nano] required for a sq metre operational.

Seems to be the 'wafering' that maintains stability of 25 years that is the 'trick'.
Dyesol has patents exclusively on such techniques.

Demonstration Corus Tin Shed "Power Station" to be released soon.

Move to 160ish not inconceivable despite Market Conditions.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

elisabeth

Post Number: 508

Friday, May 14, 2010 - 07:28 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This pic shows the depth for DYE to 10 on either side – data is when the market is closed, ie captured in the evenings or very early in the morning. (The data at the top of the pic is # buyers, # shares, difference, $ difference and closing price yesterday.)

Over the last few weeks there’s been fairly consistent significant support at $1.10 except for last week when there were 11 buyers at this level on Monday, none by Thu/Fri.

This week they’re back - does this mean that DYE will return to this level?

DYEdepth

The weekly chart certainly shows a potential test of $1.05 which will nicely close up some gaps on the daily. Then some positive news would be good!

DYEwkly

baysider

Post Number: 422

Friday, May 14, 2010 - 08:21 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good chart Elizabeth, I was hoping to get 1.05 but lost patience and may have gone too early at 1.15. This week has been disappointing with no real move made.

grannie

Post Number: 77

Friday, May 14, 2010 - 11:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Elisabeth
I appreciate your charts but am more hopeful, seeing 1.10 as the test line. Strong buying support at this level today.
It is interesting to check the Frankfurt market where the gaps are back in the beginning and middle of March.

gt

http://newratings.com/en/main/company_c.m?MarketCode=FSE&charttyp=6&section

jaded

Post Number: 166

Monday, May 17, 2010 - 09:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth,
I think after Close Market Depth 'angles'would be very irrelevant.
Many Bids and Asks are taken off on Close.They often return in the minute/seconds of Open Auction or thru the Trading Day.

So I think you're use of Market Depth to 'divine' Support Levels on Close Data is,well,risky.

I think you should check VWAP[Volume Weighted Average Price] as an alternative method.
Especially if you 'feel' that PROFESSIONAL Accumulation or Distribution is happening or say multi small parcel bids appear in the After Hours Depth[these 'algae' are often removed at close of Auction]

Anyhow I,too,see 110 as Support but hanging on the Bid Line at that specific price is 'risky'.Corus is very close to releasing a Demonstration "Donga' or dirty great Shed powered by DYE Muck.This Happens and 115/20 instead of 110 will be left far behind.

regards.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

baysider

Post Number: 424

Monday, May 17, 2010 - 06:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pressure on today folks, down to $1.025 (below the old resistance of $1.05) before a good recovery back to the support of $1.10. Of course on a bad day for the market it not surprising that there was some volatility.
Can it hold on amongst the doom and gloom that's not pervading? I'd love some good news, fast!

jaded

Post Number: 170

Monday, May 17, 2010 - 07:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

so one of the Gaps was closed today.Still another lower one to Go?
Today's candle could be a reversal 'sign'.
Needs Confirmation by opening higher[or closing higher]tomorrow.

Anyway,baysider have you bought any of these yet?

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

baysider

Post Number: 425

Monday, May 17, 2010 - 08:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes Jaded, lost patience waiting for a return to $1.05 and bought at $1.15 about 10 days ago. As you say a good news story could break at any minute... on the other hand there's a return to 80c?

elisabeth

Post Number: 510

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 06:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded, (re your post re Depth on Mon)

I know, I know.... but that's all I have as long as I'm otherwise occupied the entire time the market is open.

I work with what I have at any time and, like everyone, sometimes I can pick it, and sometimes not. Market Depth as viewed at 5 am (in conjunction with support levels/targets on the chart) has served me well many times in terms of where I place my orders, buy and sell.

I haven't used VWAP - I can get a number on Stockness, but I think that refers to actual trades today, not what's left in the depth? For example, Friday's number for DYE is 96.23 - does that mean that most of the trades happened at that level? How do you use that, or do you have more detailed info from your broker site?

Unfortunately, my $1.10 DYE lurkers were devoured by sellers this week....

Elisabeth

elisabeth

Post Number: 511

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 07:04 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Grannie,

Dyesol in Europe seems to be on a gap closing mission much as it has been here. Unfortunately there is still one more gap on our market (2 more in Frankfurt). DYE might not close that one now - Friday's candle suggests not. Plus there are now some gaps on the upside to fill!

90c, the bottom of the tail formed on Friday, was a strong support/resistance level in 08/09. A strong reversal here would be nice, but, unless there is news, I think we might see some bottoming action first.

Elisabeth

jaded

Post Number: 178

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 09:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

elisabeth wrote on Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 06:47 am:

For example, Friday's number for DYE is 96.23 - does that mean that most of the trades happened at that level? How do you use that, or do you have more detailed info from your broker site?

DYE ranged on Friday from $1 to 90 cents trading 445,000 shares.
VWAP at 96.23cents means half traded at or below this and half at or above.Volume Weighted AVERAGE Price.
Not 95cents.Not the 99 cent close but 96 cents is the Average Price including Volume differences day to day.

I say VWAP gives a 'purer' Average compared to Close Averages and IF one was going to Rely on Moving Averages in your dealing then Price and Volumes[VWAP] should be used not just closing price.

Problem is you have to Add each days Dollar Tran$action and divide by the Volume Addition.
NOT say Friday's is 96 and Monday's is $1 so the 2 day Average is 98 because the Volumes and Total Transacted $$'s will be different and the Average will not be correct.

Do you follow?

Anyhow VWAP is what brokers/professionals use.They guage their effectiveness to a Client by-BUYING Below VWAP and Selling Above VWAP.
Computer small parcel Algae Trading has VWAP as a central calculation and you'll see VWAP mentioned in Placement and TakeOver Pricing.

So VWAP is what the 'enemy' uses so maybe you should to?

IF like IF a 'professional' accumulation/distribution is going on then following VWAP,pencil and paper Moving Average VWAP,can/may give you the Range 'They" are operating in.

and,elisabeth you could put your bid in at say Friday's VWAP or a bit lower and increase your chances of being filled.
but except in current Market Conditions.
VWAP is Not being formed by Professionals but by Too Late,in a Panic 'diddlers' probably on Margin Calls!!!

So to summarise VWAP is a Volume Weighted Average Price,used by d'BigBoys so one should study/learn about it and get some clues.

happy trading.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

elisabeth

Post Number: 513

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 07:52 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded,

I get it, I do. Well partially. If you look at the depth now, ie closed market, (not a pretty picture....) there are some buyers at the 96c level which fits in with the VWAP. Of course, as you noted, market conditions are not ideal.

DYE depth

If I was a buyer tomorrow (I try not to buy on Monday’s!), based on the Market Depth, I would place my order at 96.5c as I need to be fairly confident that my order will be filled if/when price reaches my buy level – I don’t want to come home to a partial order filled for 10 shares + broker. Unfortunately, as depth can change so much pre-open and during each day, it’s a risk I just have to take.

But... the professionals, they’re looking at VWAP during the trading day? They’re surely not planning their trading at 5:00 am as I am? So, it’s a moving number/target during the day?

I do see how VWAP can give clues and will pay more attention to it. Particularly, I will watch DYE to see how it impacts there. No hope of a peek at the market depth tomorrow around 9:55 am unfortunately.

The chart shows some support at 95c, but stronger support at 90c. I hope the last gap 85-87c can be ignored.

Happy week to all,
Elisabeth

grannie

Post Number: 79

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 01:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hullo all
Goodness 1.15 was smacked. I was not prepared for last week.

Elisabeth yes I can see those closed gaps on Frankfurt and the 2 to go! The 85c gap in our market also shows up in the weekly chart...can I assume that that makes it more significant?
If it goes there I 'll be tempted to buy more. It's certainly looking a lot better today but has left another gap!

Jaded I too intend to keep an eye on the VWAP thanks

Good luck to all
gT

jaded

Post Number: 183

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 04:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie,elisabeth
I'll do a post tonight/soon on VWAP in the Cockatoo thread this section.
I 'suspect' that there is a Professional Accumulation using VWAP going on in Cockatoo.
Not so DYE so it's just 'interesting' and not as useful as in COK.

Anyway,I'm just experimenting with VWAP.I've seen no articles or books that give practical uses day2day trading.I've just developed observations/theories but mostly questions like
What does it Mean if a share closes Above VWAP?
Don't the Professionals supposedly Make the Close[while the amateurs 'do' the Open]or is that Maxim now passe and not to be relied on?

'Common Wisdom' is what I'm after to VWAP!!
and it's NOT the Days VWAP BUT the Moving Average VWAP that i think is d'KEY.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

ivor

Post Number: 568

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 05:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jaded

Bit of info re VWAP - Volume weighted average price.
Used mainly by brokers and pension funds.

VWAP =
Total of (No of shares bought x share price)
----------------------------------------------
Total shares bought

The theory is that if the price of the buy trade is lower than the VWAP it is a good trade.
Conversely, if the buy price is above the VWAP it is not such a good trade.

Currently being used by IFM for their share buy back scheme
on the market.

Regards
Ivor

gdd3

Post Number: 1342

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 03:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wasn't too sure whether to start a "fresh" thread on DYE or to "continue" with this year old one BUT as DYE has been a "favourite" of D'jaded(alias Dug etc) for years, and even thought he hasn't posted on the IC.Forum specifically on DYE for some time, I see(from d'B-B-Q) he is still very much "interested" in DYE. Just didn't want to upset D'jaded in any way by creating yet another thread on DYE(understand, D'jaded) so here I am posting here, AOK.

Anyway, I think DYE is looking real interesting at present levels(mid 70's)and I for one will be monitoring how she 're-acts' around this area(what I consider the perfect potential TAZ set-up ZONE). With my 'studies' of my applied TAZ style I have found the best TAZ trades originate after a stock has come from below the 150EMA, gaps or breaks through the 150EMA on good vols., has a +ve 10SMA/30EMA cross in place, the W%R3 is below -80% BUT the W%R14 is at -50%, and then pulls back into the 'classic' TAZ set-up zone(10SMA/30EMA zone).

In DYE's case, the strong 'penetration' happened about two weeks ago to form a **3-day dominant candle that started with a gap(below the 150EMA) and the subsequent pullback appears to still be controlled by that move(less than 61.8% retracement so far). This pullback has also been accompanied by decreasing vols. and is still (just) above the uptrend support line(yellow). Now I haven't shown the two Williams%R's here(to keep it simple and clear) but if you care to note their positions you will see that there is, potentially, a good low risk entry near here...I'm thinking 74c - 76c.

I have also placed what I think are the best? 'structural' range runs that DYE seems to be acting out...orange 11.5c ranges to provide a probable/possible upside target once TAZ confirmation is completed. Hence we have 88.5c near last high) and $1.00(I'm sure d'jades' price mentioned 'elsewhere') targets in place. In addition, I have include a couple of Fibo price extentions/retracements to provide those that want to follow these or criticise them(note, the one on the extreme right of the chart is just a guide as it is based on a pre-emption that the swing low I am looking for with come in at the 150EMA level...75c).

Cheers
Dolphin

** 3-day dominant candle effectively means 'adding' the "net run" of 3 consecutive strong vol. wide range candles together...the best scenario is to have 3 consecutive White Solder Candles.

ivor

Post Number: 697

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 03:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

Re DYE

You seem to have cleverly bundled a number of concepts together in your post above.

1. TAZ trade set up.
2. Support lines.
3. Incremental bands.
4. Candle sticks.
5. Fibonacci.
6. Williams indicators.
7. And all wrapped up in a Weinstein set up.

A lot to like about it.
Very well put together.

Do you have an IC scan to locate stocks in this set up ?

Keep up the brilliant work.
Regards
Ivor

gdd3

Post Number: 1348

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 04:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ivor,

Thanks for the accolades; sometimes(often*?!*) I even get it right; so I'm in at 74c!

...BUT I hope you weren't under the impression(like some here) that I ONLY USED TAZ for my trading!

No, I don't have a specific (I.C.) scan other than my usual TAZ ones outlined on the TAZ thread(similar to you own TAZ scan...2nd, MAY 2010) BUT I do have two very simple ones to check for stocks that have traded at/through the 150EMA over the last 2 day's....

(a)...MA Crossover...1st(cl.d)crossed above the 2ndMA(150d) within last 2 days'.

(b)...ditto except...below the 150dEMA.

Cheers
Dolphin}

ivor

Post Number: 698

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 07:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin,

Bought a ticket to ride myself at 76c.
(Bit slow off the mark, didn't think it would take off quite as quick as it did. Spending too much time at the coffee shop lately.)
Have placed a stop at 73c, bottom of recent spike candle, which gives a fairly low risk entry.

Regards
Ivor

jaded

Post Number: 599

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 09:41 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As you say,dolphin I'm at the BBQ for chat on this one.

So we've got Zones to get into for a $1 plus run.

Trouble with DYE is it's Boffin Orientated and has Third Rate PR machine in three continents.It also has a pretty dubious for quality MD/CEO whatever called Richard [d'Dick] Caldwell.
Recently a new high power woman executive was appointed and it's hoped she will shake up the Mickey Mouse Aspects of DYE's Investor Relations.
DYE does seem to operate within a Feminist Conspiracy with the most effective Management done by Sylvia Tulloch [joint largest shareholder] with her husband Gavin more Boffin.
but they have a very motley crew of PR'ers with some mob called Callidius[that's latin for Clever] who are 'ex canberra journalist "chicks" who [imho] last clever idea was coming up with their Company Name!

Then we have Ms Eva Reuter on the European PR.Googled her and she's some greenie,bleeding heart Ethical Investment 'consultant'
and just recently some US female PR was appointed who I haven't googled to do a character assassination on yet.

Throw in the Tulloch's daughter nepotistically in charge of running World Wide Conferences and can you see d'Feminist Conspiracy/Cabal being all warm'n'fuzzy and Green over saving the enviroment a hundred years from now but not willing to get into Driving d'Share Price of DYE into the stratosphere!!

ahhh dolphin/ivor/p3t3 this'll get me into Femo hot water but I bet there's more than one in this cabal with hairy armpits!!

anyhow DYE is also subjected to capping by big[relatively] sale orders taking out a thin Bid board.It's thin because d'PR fails continually to bring solid Fresh Meat onto the Depth.
Also our Dick Caldwell has to raise Cash Flow Cover soon[Qtrly out end of April]and DYE has a tendency to always return to the Placement price and usually below it so watch out for this.

happy trading

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
PHK - Phoslockp3t326-Apr-11  01:02 am
2011...April to June Challenge...Week 3azworkinit42 24-Apr-11  10:54 am
SHC - Sunshine Heart, Incdennis_menace23-Apr-11  12:58 am
CEO - C @ Limiteddennis_menace21-Apr-11  01:52 pm
CCU - Cobar Consolidated Resources Limiteddennis_menace21-Apr-11  01:42 pm
JMS - Jupiter Mines Limiteddennis_menace21-Apr-11  01:33 pm