You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

BAU

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through April 16, 2010 » BAU

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 406

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, February 15, 2010 - 07:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello All

Forum is very quiet, so I thought I would post something for discussion.
BAU has formed a double bottom at the 75c level, and could be ready for another leg up.
Consolidated nicely at the 75c support with a lift in volume today. If it moves up tomorrow, target would be around $1.00 to $1.05 or so.

Indicators look ok, particularly the Slow Stochastic.
Interested in a few comments.

Regards to all
Ivor

ivor

Post Number: 407

Monday, February 15, 2010 - 07:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 531

Monday, February 15, 2010 - 09:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ivor

I was following this one last year but didn't have a dip.

BAU

My standard Weinstein chart says "beware". See the lower lows and lower highs. SP is now well below the 30W SMA. Curiously, the 30W SMA is still rising, but looks like it will roll over and become resistance. Also BAU has declining RS and volume, and no support until $0.50. Sorry, to me it looks unlikely to fire off anytime soon but others might see it differently.

Cheers
Sway

(Message edited by sway on February 15, 2010)

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 3094

Monday, February 15, 2010 - 09:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see a small triangle.
A triangle is a continuation pattern
The price moved down to start forming the triangle.
It should continue to move down, by my reckoning to 54 cents.

Don't worry about what people think; they don't do it very often.
The wise man, even when he holds his tongue, says more than the fool when he speaks

http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

ivor

Post Number: 408

Monday, February 15, 2010 - 10:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Sway

Thanks for your comments.
Think if the price drops through support at 75c, next support level would probably be at 70c, which would be the place for a stop loss.

Seems Weinstein is the flavour of the month eh.
A lot of people seem to be using it.

A double bottom is usually a level of reasonably strong support, but with the weakness in the market, who knows.
Only time will tell.

Regards
Ivor

ivor

Post Number: 409

Monday, February 15, 2010 - 11:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hershy

Have been reading up on Bulkowski.
Says that price needs to trade above the "shelf" to confirm the pattern.
This means the share needs to trade above 78c to confirm a double bottom. Has already done that, then fell back below support. But has clawed it's way back again. Be interesting to see where it goes from here.
Very technical eh ?

Missed seeing the little triangle/pennant. Good pick up.

Regards
Ivor

ivor

Post Number: 412

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 03:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Sway & Hershy

Nice move up by BAU today with plenty of volume.
Have bought in at 79c, with a target of $1.00 plus.

Regards
Ivor

sway

Post Number: 532

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 05:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivor
Hope you do well. For me it will be interesting to see whether the 30W SMA at about 90c acts as resistance.

Cheers
Sway

ivor

Post Number: 413

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 06:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Sway

Personally think that moving averages don't really act as anything, only lines that people draw on a piece of paper, or on a computer screen.But that's just my opinion.

Anyway has to get to 90c first. Worry about it then.

Not tempted to have a dip ?
Looking good at this stage.
Something seems to be driving it.(Big volume last two days).
Might be some news coming out soon ?

Regards
Ivor

sway

Post Number: 533

Tuesday, February 16, 2010 - 06:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivor
As Weinstein zealot I'm not allowed to buy anything below the 30w MA. Well, hardly ever! You see plenty of trending stocks which touch the MA many times before eventually breaking it, signalling a possible end to the trend. BAU is not really what you could call "trending", so yes, in this case the MA might not be relevant.

Cheers
Sway

ivor

Post Number: 421

Monday, February 22, 2010 - 06:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BAU

Struggling a bit at this stage.
Dropped through the line at 75c, but finally gained support at 70c (previous resistance), and clawed back a bit of territory today.

Will see what tomorrow brings.

A lot of these small caps pay no attention to the all ords,and develop a life of their own.
Think I'll go and crack a bottle of red and ponder on it.
Things will become clearer then.

Regards to all
Ivor

sway

Post Number: 552

Monday, February 22, 2010 - 09:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivor

One approach you might consider for volatile resource stocks is Darryl Guppy's count back line (CBL)

bau

What it is saying is that BAU is in a down swing and would have to close above 81c (the green line) to signal a buy. The red line at 88c is the stop loss level of the previous swing high $1.08.

I'm trying to find some positives in BAU charts. I hope you see a reversal back in to safe territory. It is good to see today's close on the high for the day but the volume was small. I think you will get your answer within a few days. Best of luck. How was the wine?

Cheers
Sway

(Message edited by sway on February 22, 2010)

ivor

Post Number: 424

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 09:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Sway

Tried to read Guppy's book a couple of times, but found it to be a bit too complicated. Not sure what a count back line is. But not seeing too many positives in the BAU chart at this stage.
Think the share is going sideways at present and can't make up it's mind. Will find out this week or next.

Wine was good. I'm a shiraz man.
But funny thing was - nothing became clearer. Just became more and more fuzzy.

Regards
Ivor

sway

Post Number: 553

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 09:48 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Shiraz for me too. Here is a link to Guppy's CBL. It's pretty simple usually but sometimes a few grey areas pop up.

http://www.moneybags.com.au/article.asp?id=168&a=0

Regards
Sway

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 89

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 12:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

maybe we should start a shiraz thread as I also prefer it as my favorite tiple

If everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane

Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.
Winston Churchill

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 735

Tuesday, February 23, 2010 - 01:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Breaker 1,

Your wish is my command; go to the BACKPAGES thread... "SHIRAZ...a wine for all seasons?"

Dolphin

sway

Post Number: 563

Saturday, March 06, 2010 - 10:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivor

Are you still with BAU? The 70c support seems to be holding so far. We haven't made a new low since my last post, so the 81c Guppy CBL entry is still in play. Volume is drying up too, so maybe the sellers have said "enough is enough". Could be interesting.

BAU

Cheers
Sway

(Message edited by sway on March 06, 2010)

ivor

Post Number: 440

Monday, March 08, 2010 - 08:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Sway

Still with it but only just.
Have a stop loss at 70c, and will sell on a close below that.
Has been disappointing so far, and nothing going on at this stage.
Take your point about the 150 day moving average though, probably a good rule to stick to in future.
Volume drying up just means a lack of interest by everyone at present, both buyers and sellers.

Regards
Ivor

ivor

Post Number: 466

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 08:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Sway and Hershy,

Sold out of BAU today @ 80c.
Got my money back and enough for a bottle of Shiraz.

Also sold out today HTX, CTX, WEB, AMM and WOW,all at a nice profit.Had a big day. Big clean out.
Only holding two shares now NGE and FML.
The bourse has been very kind over the last few weeks.
Thought perhaps I should get out in case it turns nasty again.

But I take your point about the 150 ema.
Staying above that from now on.
Have weinstein's book on order, and interested to read what he has to say.

Going with the penny dreadfuls from the TAZ system at this stage. A lot more action.

Regards
Ivor

sway

Post Number: 572

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 09:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ivor

It was interesting to follow your BAU trade. No harm done and it looks like you learned a bit.

best of luck

Sway

ivor

Post Number: 468

Thursday, March 18, 2010 - 09:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Sway

Learnt not to try and catch a falling knife. Again.
Keep falling for it.

No matter how low a share price goes, it can always go lower. In some cases gravity seems to take over and they just fall under their own weight for no reason.

Regards
Ivor

breaker_1

Post Number: 126

Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 05:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

What a difference a day makes

bau

I would buy as broke through resistance.80 on volume

Target .92 stop.78,could go to 1.325

Sitting on 150 ema, 10 not crossing 30 but nearly.

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

ivor

Post Number: 479

Wednesday, March 24, 2010 - 11:03 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BAU

May have made a reverse head and shoulders ?

breaker_1

Post Number: 141

Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 10:23 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BAU suspended ,what does that mean have I blown me dough

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

sway

Post Number: 587

Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 12:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry Breaker, it looks bad.

Sway

breaker_1

Post Number: 142

Thursday, April 01, 2010 - 01:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway
up and trading again,huge loss

Alexander Graham Bell

sway

Post Number: 588

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 12:04 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chin up Breaker_1.

Regards
Sway

breaker_1

Post Number: 143

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 06:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Sway,least we did'nt lose the lot

Alexander Graham Bell

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 65

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 07:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker1-
were you able to get WHY? this plummet?
or did you just sell out at a 'largish' loss on Thursday?

If you still hold,I may be able to discuss some points to bring you 'hope' for a rebound,loss minimisation in time MAYBE.
I don't want to encourage buying/initial buying at this level because there is real bad Fundamentals in this 'dump'
that may IMHO eliminate short term trade potential.

I've done my 'blink' of the BAU Gist[quick read of it's set up]but in general I don't like Bauxite though I see BAU is 'in' High Grade Direct Shipping version.

Anyway,if you don't hold now breaker,sold on the plummet?probably just as well,BAU is likely to go down further rather than up in the immediate future/this month.

If you DO still Hold?well it may return to previous levels say in 6 monthsish depending on...well a coupla factors.

which is it,breaker?Sold or Hold? and a couple of lines on What you're thinking/considering about this trade gone bad.

cheers.

breaker_1

Post Number: 145

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 10:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jaded,

Still hold BAU 30% loss ,cant find much on why they dropped

I bought on breakout 19/3 target 1.03,I see they can go down to .15c.

Dunno which way to go, probably cut losses and sell may be buy some more NHC or GRR.

As usual your comments are appreciated.

P.S sold LGL about a week ago,C'est la vie

bau

Alexander Graham Bell

sway

Post Number: 589

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 10:33 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker_1 and Jaded

BAU are in strife with the EPA in WA

http://au.biz.yahoo.com/100331/42/2c37i.html

Cheers
Sway

jaded

Post Number: 66

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 11:42 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not only the EPA,sway but a private landowner disputing BAU's JORC.It may be several landowners but BAU states it's a concerted campaign.

Seems mineral rights are for 30 metres down NOT the 30 metre Surface and Bauxite is a Surface "Deal' SO it's a 'dispute' where the landholder is trying to discredit BAU's JORC to make 'em go away.

Now breaker should be aware of the Surat Basin Farmers/Cow Cockies whipping themselves up about the Gas Mob wrecking the Ground Water,Great Artesian Basin.They [d'cow cockies] are muttering,actually gone Green about salt etc.
This while the Gladstone Gas Deal is d'Great White [or rather Black] Hope of the Qld Gov't Treasury.Gunner save Anna Bligh's still quite 'pert' backside.

Now we have BAU over in WA getting the Grilling by the Farm Lobby on Mining Wrecking the Land.
This is a multi State Movement,this Anti Mining by Farmers.
Can you see how the Liberals and even the High End Nationals will support the Mining Lobby over their constituent Farmers?

I reckon the Farmers are going for Compensation,Pay Offs from the Miners and/or the State or rather Federal Government and are kicking up these hullaballoos even using the Courts.

Now as to why maybe,breaker should ride his 30% loss on the hope that in the next 6 months it [the loss] is lessened/price recovers to say 10% loss or Break Even?

Well,you'd have to look at how strong the Disputing LandOwners are.
BAU says it's got some 86 tenements holding what they call Gibber Bauxite,purer Rocks of Bauxite compared to the norm and 'cleaner';just back hoe it into a truck and off it goes to the Aluminium Factory with not much more processing.

You should be aware that WA has this massive Aluminium Plant down in it's SW corner.Alcoa.Are they in the market for these 'gibbers'?If so BAU has an ally.

Of course,Aluminium is made from Massive amounts of 'cheap' electricity applied to Dirt[ie Bauxite].
Like Bauxite isn't rare or scarce like Cheap Bulk Power currently provided from Coal Fired Power Stations is.

So,well,it'll all come down to how much development BAU is bringing to this WA district.

In the case of Surat Basin?Well British Gas will be reaaaaly peeved if a bunch of colonials interfere with their Great Things.

Anyway,I don't think the EPA is BAU's problem so much as this Movement at the Stations by Cow and Wheat Farmers etc.
Can they be 'bought off' or worn down and out by Bureacracy[and property speculators,small business country lobby]

Breaker is both sided/two faced in all this so his opinion on this wrangle would be 'insightful'.

what a wonderful world,hey?
but have you ever heard of Lou Christie?

cat_lady
Username: cat_lady

Post Number: 671

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 11:48 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

not only the EPA issue breaker 1. did you read the announcement which came out on Friday?

QUOTE:
1 April 2010
CLARIFICATION OF 16 January 2009 RELEASE ON JORC RESOURCES
Bauxite Resources Ltd (BRL or the “company” ASX code “BAU”) has been advised by ASX that it has received a complaint regarding its announcement dated 16 January 2009 concerning its maiden JORC Compliant Resource of 18.2 million tonnes. A copy of that earlier announcement is attached.
BRL has responded to the ASX query and confirmed that it was and is still satisfied that the announcement dated 16 January 2009 is accurate and properly informs investors and complies with the continuous disclosure rules of ASX. In discussions with the ASX the company acknowledged that there is a well funded campaign against the company. Notwithstanding this, BRL believes that is has at all times complied with its continuous disclosure obligations. The company has voluntarily agreed to outline the substance of the issues raised and its response to the ASX.
The core of the issues raised with ASX via complaint concerning the announcement dated 16 January 2009 are as follows:
1. Applications for mining tenements on private land would only allow BAU to secure rights below 30m from the surface but do not allow access or rights in the top 30m.
2. Bauxite occurs as a surface enrichment.
In the release dated 16 January 2009 the BRL board of directors believed they had considered all relevant issues associated with the reported resource estimate, including access to surface rights on the applicable tenements and tenement applications. At the time of the January 2009 announcement, the board of directors of the Company held a reasonable expectation that the Company would gain access to surface rights on private land the subject of the resource estimate, by in due course obtaining the consent of the owner and occupier of private land for the surface rights to those tenements (to the extent required).
We note, in any event, that the resource estimate was made on an ‘inferred’ basis which is the lowest category of the JORC Code and does not require consideration to be given to potential modifying factors as per paragraph 11 of the JORC Code.
Page 2 of 2
In relation to the actual or potential constraint associated with access to the top 30 metres of private property, BRL can now report that in its current areas of interest comprising areas both inside and outside the areas which were the subject of the original announcement, where it has sought formal agreement to explore private land it has been able to put in place exploration agreements for 82 properties.

END QUOTE

so you have
1. EPA issues,
2. haveing it shoved in speculator's faces that their JORC was the "lowest" you could get.
3. a wishy washy reference to having to negotiate with land owners to even get the stuff (1st 30m belongs to owners) and
4. admittance that there's an orchestrated campaign against the company.

enough to make any yellow bellied trader bolt for the hills

(not implying that you have a six pack of any particular hue)

cheers
cat lady

Without my morning coffee I might as well be a dog

breaker_1

Post Number: 146

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 02:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks all for the enlightenment,I read these things but they dont make much sense to this milko/muso/Qlander. I have been told by people in mining the the cockies are the least of their problems they just buy em out.
Biggest problem = land rights, but if its gunna be awhile I think I'll shift can do better else where methinks.

Lugee Alfredo Giovanni Sacco aka Lou Christie best hit "Lightnin Strikes" Dec 65.

Thanks Cat Lady its a long time since i had a six pack off any particular hue,but I shall be buying one this 'arvo and drowning my sorrows[if I can afford it]

Alexander Graham Bell

hershy

Post Number: 3170

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 02:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bad luck Breaker.
Prhaps Cat Lady had this in mind:

"Getting angry is like taking a small dose of slow-acting poison,"

smithy
Username: smithy

Post Number: 27

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 03:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker,

Not good about the trade but when you put the trade on what was your stop. If the trade is below the stop, that's in your trading plan, sell and move onto other trades.

You mention you had a huge loss. Have you got your money management right, even though it was a 32% drop it should only impact about 4 or 5% of your overall capital, if anymore your trading to much on one trade, I believe.

Lastly, and I'm sure I will have some disagree with this, but this is the reason I believe you don't have profit targets. One trade has lost 32%, therefore you need 2 x 20% trades or 3 x 12% trades to regain your loss plus a little more. The first is a 66% win/loss record, the second a 75% win/loss. If you can sustain that ratio in all market conditions then you are a very good trader, and in the elite traders of the world.

The fact you trade a lot of pennies or lower priced shares you will encounter BAU type scenarios on quite a few occasions.

breaker_1

Post Number: 147

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 04:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gday Smithy,

Stop was .78 but they went into trading halt,and opened lower ,didnt have automatic stop doing mentally, and sell next open as someone suggested has kept me in a few trades so far.
30% huge loss but not devastating using money management ect ,try not to lose more than 10%

Got some NUF,TOL up me sleave

Alexander Graham Bell

hershy

Post Number: 3174

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 05:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Smithy,
Forgive me if I am wrong and please even correct me but in a a case such as this how can one only risk 4 - 5% of capital.
An auto stop loss is useless. I work out my risk based on the per share margin between entry and stop loss divided into the 2% of my capital to give me the position size. With slippage and commission that usually works out at no more than 2.5% of my capital down the dunny when trades go sour but only if the S/L fires. I don't use auto stop losses much any more because like Ivor I too have found intra day lows taking me out of trades that have later become profitable. Or would have, had I not been kicked off.
I thinks this is a case of tough titties for Ivor.
I don't see what he could have done differently to minimise his loss. Other than not take the trade.
I notice with surprise I have actually targeted 55 cents in a February post but I claim no credit. Sometimes the patterns work, sometimes they don't.

I ask myself what would I do if I was in Ivor's position.
I would probably hold on for a few more days to see what gives. Let's face it, would the landowners not like a piece of the pie, would they not be ameanable in an offer to get some royalties ? I am sure BAU won't just pack up and go away and the EPA may tunr out to be no more than a barking dog.

jaded

Post Number: 68

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 05:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker-
I've been cogitating on BAU and I suggest you don't sell on the Open Tuesday.
I think you may get a minor bounce next week that will lessen your 30% Loss to say 25% less,maybe only 20%.

If I'd been caught like you have in a takeoff Trading Halt plunge,well I'd hang back seeing if there was a Bounce.
One has to be Discretionary rather than Mechanical [ie my 'plan' is ruined so sell at first opportunity]but,breaker we're talking a minnow not some Top 200.

breaker mechanical systems work 'satisfactorily' with Top 200 and aboves.I reckon they [mechanicals] aren't in the hunt/game when it comes to playing Top 300 and below.
Wanna play,breaker?those hundreds of shares not even in the All Ords?[All Ords is some 500 of the 1500 shares listed on the ASX]
Breaker to play these one has to be Discrete,like pick by Brain Power not by Chart Twiddle.

Brain Power is expressed by at least knowing the 5 JORC levels and what vaguely they mean.
One has to be able to get some interpretation going when news comes out in the 10mins before Trading Halt is lifted.

but mostly you have to get ya act together when you aren't at your computer when a hold has a Trading Halt lifted.

I'm assuming breaker you're a End of Day Trader and I'm proposing to give ya an 'education' on what you MAY do next week to Redeem yaself.

It is Easter and lord knows I need to rack up some brownie points!!

ps-Hershy,another example of your poor comprehension?
Like it was I who made ref to d'Lou.
Actually Lightning Strikes was a back up.It was 'Two Faces have I' that was primary.

Gypsy cried?is that your ethnic roots showing?

Lou was a Falsetto,better at it than that Frankie Valee bloke from the Four Seasons.
Quite d'Fashion 50's/early 60's was Falsetto.
It was seen as wailing not gay though that pink label is 'disconcerting',could it have been because of d'Gypsy title?!!

Anyway,over Easter I'll put down some info for you breaker on Basic Mining Share Minnows.

breaker_1

Post Number: 148

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 06:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Jaded,

Am reading up on JORC and look forward to your Basic Mining Share Minnows.

Alexander Graham Bell

jaded

Post Number: 69

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 07:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker,to save the search to me and typing can you[or anyone] cut and paste the various JORC levels?
From memory it goes from low to high-
inferred,implied,possible,'something',Reserve Guaranteed.
[with'something' maybe plausible?]

Anyhow it's the second highest that gets Bank Finance for Development.
Especially Gold and even Uranium Freaks should be fully conversant with JORC terminology.

JORC standards were devised by an Australian to 'manage' Mining Companies and their NEWS/Announcements.Professional Standards of 'explaining' their "Finds".

You still get "News" of fabulous Finds based on Fly Overs and 'talk' of some 'experts' knee twitching over a tenement but even ASIC can descend on companies using d'old ways like this.Last I remember Flinders Diamonds used the Fly Over "gambit' outside of the Adelaide Hills.
Oh the chart showed Momentum but it was never going to be sustained past even a Day.

Anyhow understanding JORC is only the beginning but we may as well start there.

off to see the Broncos thrashed.Back tomorrow arvo/Sunday.

hershy

Post Number: 3175

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 07:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

We used to have a fella called himself dug with manners like yours, jaded.

But I am glad you pointed this out to me. Gives me a chance to apologise.

Sorry Cat Lady, did not mean to offend.

But you are right about the lack of comprehension.
It wasn't Ivor who I was addressing but Breaker.
Ivor sold out at .80 before the plunge, lucky is he !
Sorry to you both. Must be the new Gretchen Wilson Country & Western CD I'm listening to or just a senior moment.

Gipsy roots, me ?
Bloody oath !

You don't come from Transylvania without some Romany or Tartar blood in your veins.
Not to mention Dracula.

I could tell your fortune but it probably sucks !

(Message edited by hershy on April 02, 2010)

breaker_1

Post Number: 150

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 07:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded/anyone ,

Have got this but it does'nt seem to mimic of what you speak

http://www.jorc.org/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JORC

Alexander Graham Bell

hershy

Post Number: 3177

Friday, April 02, 2010 - 09:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I know this is off topic but it does tie in with the comments about my roots. You guys may wish to have a peek at this clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZaFvPNp9MM

but don't watch it after you've eaten co'z you'll just want to eat again.

prater64
Username: prater64

Post Number: 17

Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 09:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker 1, I know I'm the new guy around the traps but I'd just stick with your trading plan. Keep out of the emotions to try and make some of the loss back. Almost every source of info I have seen so far in my limited trading education says don't chase or hold hoping to make it back, that's the type of trader others make money from.

Holding could be lucky or it could even go further south. Put the loss as rent and move on.

Unfortunately not the best result but some we win, some we lose.

"Opinions: Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one. You just like the look of some more than others."

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 42

Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 09:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All & Happy Easter Bunny,
I would have the same sentiment, and don’t hold on to hope, if your hoping for a 5% recovery you could be missing out on 10, 20 & 30% stocks. don’t forget the bouncing cat. I too got caught on a stock called FAR.
I took it on the chin and moved on, yes it hurts but we have learned.
Good Luck

smithy
Username: smithy

Post Number: 28

Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 09:44 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hershy,

I'm not saying Breaker could do anything different, I was just saying if he has correct money management in place a big gap like that should do no major harm on his overall capital.

Eg Capital $100K, trade 1% risk, if purchased 10k worth and sold now instead of losing 1% of capital it would be 3% but no major harm.
Now if purchased $50k, the 30% drop now would be 15% of capital.
I hope that clears up what Imean.

Jaded, Agree with you that mechanical systems may not work with > ASX500 as volume is a major concern.

ivor

Post Number: 504

Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 10:03 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Hershy

Not holding BAU.
Sold a couple of weeks ago @80c.(Luckily)
See post 466 above.

Regards
Ivor

breaker_1

Post Number: 151

Saturday, April 03, 2010 - 10:11 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks all for advice.

Hershey,

Watched video and gained 3 kgs

Alexander Graham Bell

jaded

Post Number: 71

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 08:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry breaker,
won't be able to give you d'Word on Micro Miners this weekend.
I don't think you've lost a fortune in BAU.I'd be interested to know what $value parcels you put into shares like this.Hopefully it's $20K Max.I wouldn't put anymore than $10k and only that by pyramiding in a definite uptrend.

Breaker,be very careful of shares trading under the 150 DMA[moving average]Learn That.

So as you can take this as a Tax Loss against your other Massive Profits you may as well be 'straight'[as opposed to bent] and sell next week.

I've become interested in the scenario/reason why this fell so drastically.
Firstly it has Nothing to do with Aboriginal Land Rights.A Tenement that has those problems is in for months even years to get resolution.

This seems to be a 'kerfuffle' about a Future Mining Tenement NOT the current one being 'scraped'/mined.

It's this other one and who owns it/the farmer[s] that interests me and their "concerted campaign" that has revealed the JORC anomoly.
That's pretty sophisticated for a garden variety cow cockie to come up with-BAU's JORC is False cos they're taking the 30 metre surface of my land into account,and they ain't gunner get it.

Wish we had a Forum Member from WA who could enlighten us on Who?this protestor is.I reckon he'd be one of those City Farmers,maybe even a Stockbroker.

Anyhow,BAU's management seems to have a very valid argument with the EPA closing the current producing tenement over some future one's EPA grounds.
Some minion of the EPA may have had some pre easter brain storm that his boss will 'kick' out of him open of business next week ie Current Mine is 'Approved' to continue.That happens?Price Rebounds?

It's really important that this 6month operation happens for BAU.It'll provide Cash Flow negating any reason to do Placements [hopefully] as well as line up customers for future production.So if the EPA drags?Price will plummet further.

BAU does scrape it up,ship it out,send in the landscapers while you move on to the next tenement to scrape and ship.

It's trying to JORC up x millions of tonnes they got a right to scrape to give them 'mine life'.
Of course,the plot is that when they have sufficient millions of tonnes identified in concentration they then can have say a Dozen Scrapers operating on a Dozen Tenements every 6/12 months and they're away maybe put into the Top 300!!

Anyway,breaker I noted you considering NHC to shift this remaining money too?Suggest not,that's an island cluster [two days over a gap].May well be a Reversal Signal,Retrace quite possibly back to $5.So wait for that 'might be' before buying more.
besides did you see the 2 page negative PR on Acland Mine in Sat's Courier Mail?
quite a beat up but moving a dead kiddie's 1870 grave?'nice' touch in the shame'n'blame game,hey?

jaded

Post Number: 72

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 08:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

where it could fall further to or may rebound.Supports are a long time ago though.
would someone give me the web address for the ASX short list?I've lost it in my computer changeover.
Interesting the Volume similarities of early last week[?] rising with an equalish volume on the Friday Dump.
I wonder how much the downtrend was contributed to by this 'concerted effort'by disgruntled land owner[s]?

happy trading.

ivor

Post Number: 508

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 08:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded wrote on Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 08:40 am:

would someone give me the web address for the ASX short list?

Hello Jaded

www.asx.com.au/data/shortsell.txt

Regards
Ivor

jaded

Post Number: 74

Sunday, April 04, 2010 - 10:51 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks ivor,i try to avoid shortable stocks 'officially' if i can.Wrecks the Volume Analysis for one thing.

I wonder if this truly list the shares that ONLY can be shorted or whether cfd's or boutique brokers can still 'get round'it/add other shares in?

That Opes/ANZ scandal really rocked me.I didn't lose money by it so much,just had 'revealed' as True what I'd suspected was going on in mini-cap shares leveraging.

cheers.

breaker_1

Post Number: 153

Monday, April 05, 2010 - 07:06 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded,
5 to 10 k is all I risk on most off these small caps

had 10 in BAU,note the 150 EMA and will wait for NHC retrace didnt read the article in the mail sounds like a mining companies nightmare missed most of Sat due to inebriation.

Alexander Graham Bell

jaded

Post Number: 80

Monday, April 05, 2010 - 08:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well breaker a 30% of $10k is just a sale of a coupla cows ain't it?Aren't you in Beef or do you make ya own milk?
The Barbque/Warm Pig is all agast at Management incompetence/concentrating on revenging the 'concerted effort' and most importantly raising Institutional Money at 95 cents/share and 'peeving' the BigBoys by bombing this back into the 50's.

So breaker there's BigMoney coming into 50% Loss and well IMHO get out of it Tuesday's Open.
Sorry can't run thru with you the Auction Process without jargon.

Basically if you ask lower than the match price [between bid and ask]you get the match price.
ie
Come 9:59 XX number are Buy/Sell Matched at 52cents,
you whack your 10grand$ worth in at say 50.

If all things stay equal[like no one else comes in at 49 or some bidder of substantial pulls out etc etc complications]
anyhow if the match price stays 52 that's what you get even though you were on 50.

Do you follow?You better.Can't be a Pilgrim to Mammon if ya don't have a clue on how the Opening/Closing Auction works.

good luck.

breaker_1

Post Number: 154

Monday, April 05, 2010 - 10:08 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ta Jaded,
we're in beef ,at least there fat.

The auction process I reckon could do with a page on its own,but I shall follow your process and keep on my pilgrimage

Alexander Graham Bell

breaker_1

Post Number: 157

Tuesday, April 06, 2010 - 07:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Out at.54.

Alexander Graham Bell

sway

Post Number: 593

Friday, April 09, 2010 - 07:51 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker1

Good move.

Cheers
Sway

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
GNM - (Gujarat Nre Coking Coal Limited)dennis_menace14-Apr-10  03:18 pm
CALTEXdennis_menace14-Apr-10  03:17 pm
BOW - BOW Energy Limiteddennis_menace14-Apr-10  03:07 pm
ASZ - ASG Group Limiteddennis_menace14-Apr-10  03:00 pm
IRD - Iron Road Limiteddennis_menace14-Apr-10  02:36 pm
SOM - strong builduppoptop13-Apr-10  03:48 am
TLM - breakout from symmetrical consolidationpoptop13-Apr-10  03:42 am
HEM - ascending trianglepoptop13-Apr-10  02:15 am
Imdivor12-Apr-10  09:57 pm
2010,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week 3ragchewer45 12-Apr-10  05:12 pm
FCN...Falcon Mineralsdennis_menace10-Apr-10  04:17 pm
ICNrockon10-Apr-10  09:43 am
DMP - Domino's Pizza Enterprises Limiteddennis_menace08-Apr-10  02:32 pm
MAH - Is Leighton still interested?baysider13 08-Apr-10  10:39 am

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 7 8 9 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»