You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

VBA

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through October 14, 2010 » VBA

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 104

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Sunday, March 14, 2010 - 09:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bought VBA at.69 my stop would be .67 just under swing low
5/3 8/3

my target would be 12c as high 21/1 .655c and low 5/2 .53c = .12c add to breakout resistance at .65c would be a sell about now at .77c

Could go to $1.00 ish as stated elsewhere as resistance 19/8/08

But all EMA's are still trending up and looks like finding support at.75c not a lot of sellers volume wish I presume

So do I place a stop at.75c or leave it well alone or sell at stop of .67c or below 30 day EMA

Any help appreciated as I sure am confused

vba

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

happysam
Username: happysam

Post Number: 63

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 12:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker, I haven't looked at VBA but you say you are confused and I saw you having a chat with smithy
So, just popped in to say that I have learnt to understand the writer's style of trading and read his/her post taking into account their style of trading.
For example, dolphin trades TAZ in a very short timeframe. Ivor's timeframe is longer. Peterloh is more a long-term man.
ivor sells on target while smithy rides the trend. Baysider will take a momentum trade. Smithy sounds more like a trend man.
Now that I am understanding the different traders' trading system, I am less confused when one says sell while the other says buy, and yet another says hold.

The answers depend on "your" trading system.
thought I'd mention this as I was totally confused too when I was trying to follow others. Until I learnt that each trader has their own style.

smithy, if you pop in here, thanks so much for giving me your time a couple of months ago. I will always remember you as the one who yanked me out of confusion and pointed me in the right direction. I was getting very dizzy going around in circles. Thank-you

breaker_1

Post Number: 105

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 06:23 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Your wright Sam thanks for pointing it out

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 458

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 08:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Breaker 1

Here's my opinion on VBA for what it's worth.

Spike high .655 Jan 21
Spike low .530 Feb 5
Difference .125

Breakout on March 3
Target .78 (mirroring of previous price action)

Target reached 10, 11, 12 Mar.

So despite what some other people may suggest, targets can be set and are often achieved. Has worked in this case, and also HIL. But targets are just a guide really. They offer a risk/reward ratio prior to entering trades which can be helpful.
And in my view, mirroring is a means of setting targets that often works. Check back on some charts and you'll see it for yourself.

But here's the thing -
Targets do not tell us what to do. We all need to work that out for ourselves. On any day a price can move up, down or sideways. Nothing can predict which way it will go. There is no holy graille.
It's part of the seduction of trading.

Regards
Ivor

breaker_1

Post Number: 106

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 11:08 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ivor it seems im on the wright track

Where would your stops be?

Thanks in anticipation

Alexander Graham Bell

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 12

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 11:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi ALL,

I would have actually pyramid in again at the current price and build on to my holdings.
Cheers

ivor

Post Number: 459

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 11:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker 1

There are many ways to set stops if you wish to use them.
IC has a trailing stop that you can attach to charts.

If you click onto
www.swing-trade-stocks.com
and click on to the entries and exits page, then click on to exits at the bottom of the page, you'll see an explanation of one way to apply a trailing stop if this is what you want to do.

There is not a right or wrong way to trade.
We all develop our own style.

All the best
Ivor

breaker_1

Post Number: 107

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 12:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Ivor, have read swing trades, very informative

Espresso,dunno about pyramiding up as target of 2.80 has been reached.
Where do you see her going?

Alexander Graham Bell

espresso

Post Number: 13

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 12:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi ALL,

we must be talking about two different stocks, sorry to confuse everyone as my statement was based on VBA. Yes your right breaker1 if VBA reaches $2.80 Il be buying a New Subaru forester
Cheers

smithy
Username: smithy

Post Number: 23

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 09:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker,

My take on VBA is:
Move stop to breakeven .69 as it moved 12.5% into profit, now if you get stopped out you will have minimal loss.
Once trial stop is above .69c then follow that until close below trial stop, then exit on next open.
Now you were confused on your original post, and Ivor has said it met target of .78, espresso has said pyramid further in, & I have my view. None of us are right or wrong, we just have our system or methods which we adhere too. Your probably really confused now.

I totally agree with Happysam, you need to find your trading personality and build a mechanical or discretionary system around this.

Question again,what was trade plan when you entered, and are you following it?
For example, you mentioned on TAZ thread you bought HTX for .13c.
What was your initial stop, what is your current trial stop, and what is your exit plan (target-what is it, trial stop - close below or intraday hit or other)
Answer those and then trade the stock accordingly.

Happysam, I'm glad you have found a trading system you are comfortable with, and more importantly understand your trading personality. From memory a lot better than reading a forum and gambling with the latest discussed stock. I'm sure you are now in control of your trading. I just know I was there in 2000, listening to the hottest tech stock. I was lucky didn't lose to much but learnt a lot. I'm glad my experience & discussions helped shed some light for you.

Cheers

espresso

Post Number: 14

Monday, March 15, 2010 - 10:02 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,
Very well explained smithy, and further more a very good strategy on all accounts.

breaker_1

Post Number: 109

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 05:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks smithy,

Re HTX target .19 stop .125.will trail .1c increments
Sold VBA as i believe target of .78 to have been reached and below low of 10/3 next test of .70 to much loss
Mental stop and sell next day will try.
Having a plan with targets makes thinks clearer
Thanks all

Alexander Graham Bell

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 3128

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 07:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FWIW in Elliott speak:
Weekly chart
Wave 1 = 12.5 cents.
Wave 2 is 06 cents
Wave 3 SHOULD be wave 1 x 1.681 = .21 and is .205 cents
Wave 4 should equal wave 2 and unless it continues south is .065 cents
Wave 5 SHOULD equal wave 1, therefore the next move up should be to 86 cents. Good place for a place to sell as this will/should be followed by a triple wave corrective formation.

}

'You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me.'
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

breaker_1

Post Number: 110

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 08:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hershy,

Would not .80 be a good place to get out as it could go south to .65 as you say, which would be a great loss from .80, hoping for it to progress to wave 5

Although there is no real stop till swing low/ resistance @ .50 6/11. I could not hold out that long. Where would you place your stop?

Thanks

Alexander Graham Bell

hershy
Username: hershy

Post Number: 3129

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 - 09:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Breaker
If you are worried that wave 4 will go lower, set your stop loss 1 cent below the weekly low at .725. I have to admit that today's long top tail is looking very scary.

'You, you, and you ... Panic. The rest of you, come with me.'
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~hershy/

breaker_1

Post Number: 111

Wednesday, March 17, 2010 - 07:06 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Hershey,

Certainly helps with a plan

Alexander Graham Bell

maittlen
Username: maittlen

Post Number: 12

Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 03:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gday All

VBA has come up on a TAZ scan I have done. Is the buy signal the break of Thursdays high, so buy at 74?
What reasons are there not to take the trade?
Resistance at 78 - 80?
The stock is trending nicely is it a better trade if closer to the 30DMA?
Any Thoughts

Thanks

VBA

breaker_1

Post Number: 123

Saturday, March 20, 2010 - 04:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maittlen, have traded this stock and sold at.74

Resistance at .80 is a worry depending on what you buy at

Break is on volume

I would not buy as have traded her, would re-assess on breakout of.80

Alexander Graham Bell

ivor

Post Number: 495

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 01:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello All

VBA has broken up from a recent consolidation area yesterday, and should be ready for another move forward shortly.
Has been trending upward for at least 6 months, and is outperforming the bourse by at least 50%.
Also fits the TAZ criteria for those interested.
Target would be 94c, mirroring previous price action.

Regards
Ivor

ivor

Post Number: 496

Tuesday, March 30, 2010 - 01:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

baysider
Username: baysider

Post Number: 408

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 07:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I've decided it's time to have another look at VBA.
It's corrected nicely from 80c back to 60.5 at the base of the channel from where it bounced and continued upward on Tuesday. With all the volcano trouble in Europe airlines have been hit hard but has VBA been hit by association even though it has no flights to Europe?
Stop loss @ 60c, lets see her fly back to 80c then on to $1

vba

breaker_1

Post Number: 169

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 08:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baysider,

bought in today at .64 can see resistance at .65

target.80 if it breaks thru that on to 1.00

stop .59

VBA does fly to UK

Alexander Graham Bell

baysider

Post Number: 409

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 08:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right breaker 1 - I didn't realise that I must admit, I hadn't even heard of their London flight. Given I'm English and go back every 2 years they're keeping that very low profile so I don't imagine it's a very frequent service.
Anyway I'm in at 64.5 so too late now!

espresso

Post Number: 61

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 09:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All, I see VBA at 1.20 long term.
unless you would like to trade it between the trendlines.
Cheers & Best of Luck

prater64
Username: prater64

Post Number: 26

Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 01:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi guys, hope you are right with your VBA pick but some info to mull over here (from what I am seeing). Got out of VBA a little bit ago myself after it retraced through my stop.

First a long term pic (weekly chart);

I noted a H&S pattern on the 2 yr chart and placed the target (if I have it right) at ~0.78 to 0.80c. Trendline has been broken at this point. Resistance at 0.78c and support at about 0.50c

Short Term pic (daily chart);

On the shorter term chart, I originally had a triangle with a breakout retracement. Price fell below the 0.65 support. My next estimate would indicate a test of 0.60c support. MA's are showing a cross over of the 7SMA & 30EMA. Twigs money flow showing a bearish indication (correct me if I'm wrong as I'm just beginning to look at this indicator). If you use the multiple moving average technique (eg Guppy) then it shows the short term MAs retracing through the longer term MAs (sell indication).

If you look at a fibonacci from the first consolidation in Sep 09 to the high of Mar 10. The 38% retracement would take it back to 0.60, 50% to 0.555 and 61% to 0.505. Personally I believe it may have more to retrace as the selling pressure is reduced before it begins to climb again, but I hope I'm wrong (it's good in my line of work for them to be doing well).

Cheers
Prater64

"Opinions: Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one. You just like the look of some more than others."

baysider

Post Number: 411

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 04:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You were very right Prater, hit .545. A bad trade for me - I always said don't trade airlines, I should have stuck to that.

breaker_1

Post Number: 172

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 04:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bounced of .55 on volume not to bad.

vba

Alexander Graham Bell

breaker_1

Post Number: 173

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 06:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Virgin Blue and Air New Zealand have confirmed they are in talks about forming a trans-Tasman alliance, seven years after a similar deal between the Kiwi airline and Qantas was knocked back.

Alexander Graham Bell

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Cockatoo Coalrockon20 05-Jun-10  06:55 am
BOL - Ascending triangle??dennis_menace51 03-Jun-10  09:59 am
2010,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week10ragchewer28 30-May-10  01:36 pm
Market bottomed out ????ivor27-May-10  08:57 am
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week9ragchewer17 25-May-10  12:57 am
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week8ragchewer30 20-May-10  09:40 pm
SBM - St Barbara Limiteddennis_menace13-May-10  11:10 am
CHZ - Chesser Resources Limiteddennis_menace13-May-10  10:50 am
NMS - Bullish Divergencebib11-May-10  07:51 pm
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week7rockon23 08-May-10  07:45 am
CAM - Clime Capital Limiteddennis_menace02-May-10  08:35 pm
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week6eagle39 30-Apr-10  07:55 pm
TCM - Tiaro Coal Limiteddennis_menace24-Apr-10  04:39 pm
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week5ragchewer51 24-Apr-10  01:39 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»