You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

NUF

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through April 03, 2011 » NUF

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 160

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 08:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Just when I thought it would,nt go any lower it did .

Bought in at $8.55 mental stop 8 sell next day,didnt do that either.

Figured if Japs want to pay $14 should be OK.

Any should be sweet now surely.

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

prater64
Username: prater64

Post Number: 21

Tuesday, April 13, 2010 - 09:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Breaker,

What entry criteria did you look to fill for this one?

I'm seeing a downward triangle from 2008 here (4yr Chart). Although the current low is at it's lowest since Dec 2008, so it might find support here;

Both the 1 year and 6 month charts show lower highs and lower lows, downward channel. 10MA is < 30EMA < 150EMA all pointing to a down trend and that shorting would be better option. All major decreases in price from Nov 2009 have been accompanied by large volume as well.

Not trying to be harsh, just wondering what the entry triggers you used.

Cheers
Prater64

"Opinions: Opinions are like backsides, everyone has one. You just like the look of some more than others."

breaker_1

Post Number: 161

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 07:46 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Entry trigger was it was at all time low a la TOL .
Bought CTX at its low and worked NUF seems to have found support yesterday 7.50 ish.
Cant be many sellers left

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

smithy
Username: smithy

Post Number: 34

Wednesday, April 14, 2010 - 09:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker,

There are two things you can hopefully learn from this trade.
1. The only time you know the low of a share is when it is zero, until then it can always go lower. If you look closely as Prater pointed out, this share has been in a down trend for nearly two years. As the TAZ group recommend always trade above the 150 or 200 ma.
2. You mentioned in another thread your most stress free trade was when you set your stop rules, and exited the following day. Now your exit was close below $8, which occurred on Monday, you sell on open at $7.86. Done move onto next trade. Now it's $7.35 with no north in sight.

Trading with fear, emotion, unable to pull the trigger, will send many broke quickly or slowly, whichever pain you prefer.
Breaker, if I could offer anything, write down your trading rules, and stick to them.

breaker_1

Post Number: 162

Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 06:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Smithy,

Point taken

Alexander Graham Bell

breaker_1

Post Number: 163

Thursday, April 15, 2010 - 05:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ya, just gotta have faith.

nuf

Alexander Graham Bell

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1214

Saturday, July 17, 2010 - 07:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The only time you know the low of a share is when it is zero, until then it can always go lower.

Excellent advice Smithy.

Breaker are you still hanging onto it even though it has halved again?

breaker_1

Post Number: 225

Sunday, July 18, 2010 - 03:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I did , but not now

Must be cheap now

Alexander Graham Bell

stelty
Username: stelty

Post Number: 2

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 05:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

After 4mths consolidation the NUF chart is starting to look positive. It has broken above the consolidation range and is now in the early stages of an up trend. I bought at $4.50 on wed, my stop is in the consolidation range. It should fill the gap to $5.00 before any real resistance is met. Broken resistance at $4.30 should provide support.Nuf

teklen
Username: teklen

Post Number: 1

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 10:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi another newby hits the seen. Still paper trading but I am using previous posts to validate what I am learning.
My analysis of this stock as is goes. I would like some feedback to see if I am on the right track.

Yesterday I looked at the shares and they looked good.
Today I looked at the share and here is my thoughts.
Stock price is being bought down because the average sales is lower than the actual sales.
Still plenty of buyers but they aren't willing to pay the 4.75.
Some early sellers at 4.75 have reached their target and are exiting.
If the stock does go down it will maybe reach the gap at 3.90 and take off again from there.
The trend is bullish over all
It has broken the 4.30 mark (as previously stated by previous poster)
It might see some resistance at 5.00 but should maintain the bull trend (as previously stated by previous poster)
Probably worth watching the buyers and sellers but it should reach its target of 5.10 by Monday next week
I will be looking for another positive day of trading before I will go long.
It could go short to 3.90 before it goes up again as it does indicate it could go that way but this will end in 5 to 7 days.

See attachment.

f0ssil
Username: f0ssil

Post Number: 20

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 01:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd like to see it rise above the 150ema (30wk) and demonstrate one more higher low.

teklen
Username: teklen

Post Number: 4

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 10:05 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

NUF is still on the up trend. I did forecast the stock breaking the $5.00 mark a week or two ago, but there was some resistance.
I have been tracking the daily events to check my analysis. Buyers have been of a reasonable size compared to sellers. Slow stochastics indicate a a stronger bull trend approaching so I imagine we should see some prices over the $5.00 mark very soon. The over trend is upward still with only slight resistance around the $4.70 mark.
I am using the following as confirmation of a bull trend.
Strong buy numbers
2 consecutive white candles
1 high low candle
anything more I could be checking for my analysis as I feel I have more to look for.

stelty
Username: stelty

Post Number: 7

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 10:16 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree teklen, it looks promising. But I am wary of the resistance around $5.10 when the gap is filled, Short term trend is up, but long term it is still under 200ma. Im holding from $4.50 will see how it reacts at resistance before I decide to hold or sell. Would like to see some volume come in as well. noticed also IPL is attempting a breakout atm.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
TGRivor08-Dec-10  09:06 am
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 10gdd339 07-Dec-10  12:07 am
RRLbreaker_103-Dec-10  08:11 am
MLBivor02-Dec-10  01:59 pm
MOCivor02-Dec-10  01:48 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 9ehmu46 29-Nov-10  03:51 am
FAR ...Far Ltdgdd325-Nov-10  12:09 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 8p3t334 20-Nov-10  01:22 pm
Where Is Everyone?stampy18-Nov-10  03:26 pm
CRC - Cortona Resjimmyswell13-Nov-10  12:20 pm