You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week5

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through October 14, 2010 » 2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week5

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 848

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, April 16, 2010 - 05:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Equinox to Solstice Challenge".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on March 22nd and run till June 22nd.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

ragchewer

Post Number: 850

Friday, April 16, 2010 - 05:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragchewer IDM

chart pending
Rags

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 58

Friday, April 16, 2010 - 06:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags
that is a great pick you should rump it in

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 397

Friday, April 16, 2010 - 06:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JimmySwell's home internet is still broken - so no selection again this week.

Telstra has decreed that the landline problem is mine not its, thus I have to engage a technician to restore the link copper out to the road.

Therefore, no home internet => no IncredCharts access => no shortlist for this week => no chart => no selection.

In a rule-bending experiment, could I outsource my selection this week to Jaded's No 2 choice? If he's willing, I'm happy for Jaded to start the post with JimmySwell XXX L, with XXX being his backup/reserve choice for the week. I will happily abide by the referee's and the market's decisions.

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 595

Friday, April 16, 2010 - 07:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good idea Jimmyswell. The way I've been going, I might as well take jaded's 3rd choice

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

maxboost
Username: maxboost

Post Number: 264

Friday, April 16, 2010 - 09:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Maxboost HIG

Popped out of flag this week.

Cheers

ragchewer

Post Number: 852

Friday, April 16, 2010 - 10:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jimmy,
I'd be happy for you to take a pic posted here in the comp but i feel asking someone to make a pic for you is not really appropriate.

I hope your internet issue is resolved soon.
Kind regards
Rags

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 348

Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 07:05 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon AEE L

Tail along with a close on support after a gap down on friday may suggest this one is ready for a squirt upward and that support will hold.Recent announcement could be taken as either good news or bad depending on which way one looks at it so really it's just a punt.

ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 537

Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 08:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Rags

Here's my entry in next week's competition

Emeco Holdings - Chronic underperformer that may be changing direction. Breakout after a long down trend to move above the 150ema on increasing volumes. May go on with it next week.

Regards
Ivor

yogiinoz
Username: yogiinoz

Post Number: 2971

Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 01:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

paul PSA L

Hi folks,

PSA ..... will stay with this one for another week,
as there is still a positive time cycle working in its
favour and when the market has digested all of the news
from the past week, we may see some further long-term
positions being taken ... :-)

application/pdfPSA alert ... astrostuff update ... 16042010
psaupdate16042010.pdf (41.3 k)

have a great week ahead

paul

=====

yogiinoz
Username: yogiinoz

Post Number: 2972

Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 01:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell wrote on Friday, April 16, 2010 - 06:27 pm:

JimmySwell's home internet is still broken - so no selection again this week.

Telstra has decreed that the landline problem is mine not its, thus I have to engage a technician to restore the link copper out to the road.

Therefore, no home internet => no IncredCharts access => no shortlist for this week => no chart => no selection.

Hi JimmySwell,

..... have you considered using a 3G link or another
wireless solution for internet access, as it may be a
whole lot cheaper, faster and more convenient, than
replacing your copper landline to the node ... yes ... ???

have a great weekend

paul

=====

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 961

Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 01:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace NDO L

SWING TRADE

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 118

Saturday, April 17, 2010 - 01:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded BTV L

picture,in this case,doesn't say a 1000 words,hey?
Thanks rags for getting me out of second choice entry for jimmy.I'm trying to take a break from the ShareMarket but BTV is 'interesting' and could go for a run this week.I'm on the Bid Line but nowhere near the 'action'...yet.

I'll open up a new BTV thread to do a 'rabbit' in but I just wanted to point out here that Moving Averages include Trading Halt Days,with the close price of the last day of trade 'assumed' for Halt days to make the average.

happy trading

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 164

Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 10:51 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky_Phil RED L

RED tested resistance and has pulled back with volume dropping away and a long tail suggesting limited selling pressure. Indicators are mostly negative ATM but price/volume action looks positive. I still like PNR my pick for the last few weeks and am holding on to my parcel but have grown frustrated with its inability to carry through on its promise.

Congrats to last weeks winners and thanks Rags for your efforts. Good luck all for the coming week.

Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 164

Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 11:26 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SLX L

Super dooper Silex Laser Isotope Separation Technology used in Uranium Enrichment and Silicon Enrichment among others

Has broken out of resistance at 6.14

All MA's crossing over,nice bounce of 150 MA

Volume up, nice long tail candles

Target 6.80 +

Hope I can get in on open

slx

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 499

Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 01:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth KEY

Weekly chart (insert) has a bullish wedge going back to June last year. Daily had double bottomed in the last couple of weeks – this was also a retest of the bottom made in February.

TMF was diverging during a period of high volatility and volume since the beginning of April signaling Friday’s break out of the downward move on good volume.

((Rags, the depth suggests that this one might retrace and slip under the 10c – how does that sit with the comp rules? If a problem, please put me down for VMS – if that happens I’ll post a chart Monday evening – have limited internet access until then.))

KEY

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 72

Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 03:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie ESG continue L

Thanks for your patience Rags . Late again I'm afraid.. school hols and all that!

I'm still hanging in there despite the red candle on the weekly. On daily Tuesday pull back half not past halfway.

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 24

Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 03:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eagle - SLV

Lifted to new high (for last 5 months) with vol increase. MACD signal further inc?

ragchewer

Post Number: 853

Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 03:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags IDM chart

Showing a weekly chart with a cup and handle continuation pattern.Market depth sell side is very weak so i'm looking for "want" to increase and buyers to start "needing" upward.

They are into mineral sands which i know very little of as an industry group.

kind regards
Rags

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 191

Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 08:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy KRL L

In deciding what to give the kiss of death to this week. I thought about the lower close on offshore mkts on fridaynight. KRL was showing signs of life. It looks oversold on Williams and stochastic and with a lower open expected on monday i thought KRL was worth the kiss of death this week.

Good luck to all

Regards
Stampy

sway

Post Number: 596

Sunday, April 18, 2010 - 09:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway HUN L

HUN

Cheers
Sway

stickman
Username: stickman

Post Number: 1128

Monday, April 19, 2010 - 07:32 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stickman MAH L

chart later

cheers

Trade to Learn, Not to Earn.

when you lose,don't lose the lesson.

jimmyswell

Post Number: 398

Monday, April 19, 2010 - 09:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fair enough - I will cheer the intrepid players from the grandstand.

jimmyswell

Post Number: 399

Monday, April 19, 2010 - 09:22 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Fair enough - I will cheer the intrepid players from the grandstand.

insomniac
Username: insomniac

Post Number: 211

Monday, April 19, 2010 - 09:27 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Insomniac,

I will stick with FNT L and post the chart later.

Cheers,

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 833

Monday, April 19, 2010 - 09:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, KIK, L

I'll stick with this one again this week...chart later!

"Dodge this week's bullets all and keep your head low!"

cheers
Dolphin

ragchewer

Post Number: 855

Monday, April 19, 2010 - 06:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mon

Rags

stickman
Username: stickman

Post Number: 1129

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 10:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

mah flagg

cheers

Trade to Learn, Not to Earn.

when you lose,don't lose the lesson.

ragchewer

Post Number: 856

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 04:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tue

Rags

jaded

Post Number: 125

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 04:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded,Close BTV position on tomorrow's[Wed] Open.

thanks.

ragchewer

Post Number: 857

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 05:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded,
No problems,,,all noted your trade BTV will close Wed(tomorrow) at the open price.

Good trade !!!

kind regards
Rags

(Message edited by RAGCHEWER on April 20, 2010)

insomniac

Post Number: 212

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 - 08:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

FNT chart

Looking good for 28% by Friday.

Anyone interested in 1 cent shares have a look at GGE. Sad story but Maquarie has been backing them all the way.

Cheers

ragchewer

Post Number: 858

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 07:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wed

Sway !!!
Rags

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 170

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 08:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Should have gone for HEM ,my other choice.

Sway, your on fire

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 500

Wednesday, April 21, 2010 - 08:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker, you think you've got problems

Fortunately I didn't buy KEY!

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 835

Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 01:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops, sorry Rags(and fellow competitors), I plum forgot to post my entry chart as promised for KIK(last week's entry also). Fortunately, not much has happened in her this week so same argument is presented...

Still 'responding' to the TAZ 1 signal of Mar. 31st and confirmation on April 8th with consolidation above the 16c support that 'favours' KIK 'mirroring' the preceeding 5c range to reach ~21c ...but she is doing it verrry slowly!

Cheers
Dolphin

ragchewer

Post Number: 859

Thursday, April 22, 2010 - 04:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thur

Sway holding his Gold medal tightly whilst the battle for silver and bronze continues.

Is an assault on Sway's medal out of the question ??? He does appear to be holding the hill well fortified.

Jaded pegged his flag perfectly on BTV mid week whilst other's continued to clamber upward passed him.

Several sit poised ready to charge not raising their white flag till the big lady sings.

The wooden spoon is being passed around like a ticking time bomb,nobody wants it but someone has to have it.

Elisabeth didnt buy her tip,,,where is the love ?

Most certainly an interesting week within the challenge.
regards
Rags

jaded

Post Number: 129

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 02:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded,IFE,LC
[LC=Friday's close is my buy in for next week.]
chart over the weekend,Support Bounce.

basically my 'game plan' is to be a Top 3 Accumulator in the 3 months to Solstice.
Hold IFE as of today.

thanks for d'work in organising a 'fair' comp,ragchewer.

insomniac

Post Number: 213

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 02:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ragchewer,

Can you put me down for a continuation of FNT next week.

Thanks,

sway

Post Number: 597

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 03:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway HUN LC.

Will post a chart later showing the Friday closing candle.

Cheers
Sway

espresso

Post Number: 64

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 03:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rags, Continue with MQA please.
There has to be a breakout soon.
unless Im believing my own Bull Tish
Thanks for managing the comp. & Congrats.

ragchewer

Post Number: 860

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 03:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded,
This week you closed your position in BTV you dont have a position to LC.

Feel free to Open IFE Monday morning,
kind regards
Rags

jaded

Post Number: 130

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 05:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thought one could open a new position/entry by nominating it by 4pm Friday.
This was the 'system' so as to not get 'caught' by a Monday Open gap on your 'pick'.

Did I miss some rule change?Isn't it this way no more?

OK.then I'll have a chance to maybe adapt my next week entry.Scrap IFE as mine til further advised.

cheers.

ragchewer

Post Number: 861

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 05:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday

Grats to Sway on his Gold medal this week very well picked.

Rags takes home the silver Stampy grabs the bronze and good job to all finishing in the green.

Maxboost i have something in the kitchen here for you somewhere.

Keep an eye out for the Accumulative Compounding Scoreboard over the weekend Sway should have progressed well chasing Rockon and i'm sure Jaded / Dolphin are well up there also after this week.

Have a good weekend all,,,
kind regards
Rags

sway

Post Number: 598

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 06:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Rags. Here is my chart for the LC on HUN. I'm not much of a candle reader, but the buyers didn't seem to like like that gap to $1.06. I'm going LC on the strength of today's trading. If it was going to get dumped, Friday would have been the day for it.

HUN

Cheers
Sway

ragchewer

Post Number: 862

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 06:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded,
Hope to have an answer to this issue soon regarding LC a new pick on a Friday i'm a little vague due to my 12 month vacation from the comp.

Nice to have this resolved though many thanks for bringing it up.

regards
Rags

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 192

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 08:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded, Hi Rags

Firstly I think Rags is doing a great job running this comp!! And Jaded is doing a great job picking Winners.

2/ I do remember the old rule that Jaded is talking about and it was always a good way of getting a good tip in early.
However after reading Rag's rules above it looks very clear that we can't take a new position on Friday in this comp IMHO.

Sorry Jaded but it looks pretty clear to me. I'm sure it won't stop your fantastic run! well done.You've been picking them like i wish i could! i'm still shooting 1 from 3

Have great weekend all

Regards
Stampy

espresso

Post Number: 65

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 09:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jadded, Rags, Stumpy, and Crew,
can some one please tell me what imho stands for.
Thank you in advance.

cat_lady
Username: cat_lady

Post Number: 686

Friday, April 23, 2010 - 10:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

IMHO - in my humble opinion
IMNSHO - in my not so humble opinion
IMO - in my opinion

the world's yer oyster.

cheers
cat lady

Without my morning coffee I might as well be a dog

jaded

Post Number: 131

Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 01:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Re Friday Close as Entry price on a 'new' pick-

As it is not currently established as a Rule for this particular series,I'm not requesting it be implemented for this week ie I get Friday's Close for IFE.

However,I think such a rule should be considered for starting as of next Friday.
It[the rule] goes something like this-

Entrantants can nominate next week's pick by Close Friday and have Friday's Closing Price[Not Monday's Open]as their price.

Now,this contest is trying to give the End of Day Traders/those not able to screen watch because they have a real job or even better things to do on a Friday,some 'equality' in competition.

I suggest that instead of 4pm Friday,that contestants can nominate getting Friday's Close if they 'nominate' before say 9pm Friday night.

One is 'trying' to get Friday's close because you think the particular share may Gap Up on Monday's Open.

Problems/Protests etc may arise if a Win at all Costs [even of Dignity]Contestant uses-
After Market Close News Break or
Early DOW Session info/Futures Market or some dang thing to base their Entry on.

Can anyone think of any other "cheat' that could be pulled by a 9pm instead of 4pm Close?

Rags is doing an excellent job in revitalising this Comp.Petty,silly games of cheating don't seem to be a problem with this comp so I don't think this proposed 'rule' change could bring 'trouble'
However it's up to Rags to decide whether it's too much bother or whatever.Personally don't care either way.

stampy-thanks for the compliments but but they're unwarranted.Rockon is the one who I'd like to hear discuss System and Method from.

ps-I'll not be entering IFE this week [probably].Think I'll roast one of my old chestnuts instead[maybe].

Happy trading.

ragchewer

Post Number: 863

Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 01:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
After much contemplation,

The layman does not have enough time on the Friday to find next weeks pick,,,

He only has a brief moment to decided to hold his current pick as an LC for the next week or wait to find one over the weekend that he loves for the next week.

Buying Fridays close at 9pm is not possible without a time machine.

Kind regards
Rags

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2010,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week10ragchewer28 30-May-10  01:36 pm
Market bottomed out ????ivor27-May-10  08:57 am
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week9ragchewer17 25-May-10  12:57 am
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week8ragchewer30 20-May-10  09:40 pm
SBM - St Barbara Limiteddennis_menace13-May-10  11:10 am
CHZ - Chesser Resources Limiteddennis_menace13-May-10  10:50 am
NMS - Bullish Divergencebib11-May-10  07:51 pm
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week7rockon23 08-May-10  07:45 am
CAM - Clime Capital Limiteddennis_menace02-May-10  08:35 pm
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week6eagle39 30-Apr-10  07:55 pm
VBAbreaker_128 28-Apr-10  06:57 pm
TCM - Tiaro Coal Limiteddennis_menace24-Apr-10  04:39 pm
PZC new threadgdd315 24-Apr-10  11:18 am
SSN - Samson Oil & Gas Limitedimmune23-Apr-10  06:44 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»