You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week6

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through October 14, 2010 » 2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week6

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 864

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 01:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Equinox to Solstice Challenge".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on March 22nd and run till June 22nd.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

ragchewer

Post Number: 866

Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 02:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragchewer BLK

Weekly chart,

Looks like an upward move from an ascending triangle that's formed over the last 3 months ,,,so i'm looking for it to continue next week.

Rags

ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 548

Saturday, April 24, 2010 - 05:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Rags

Here's my entry into next weeks competition -

Confirmed break above a previous resistance level of 28c with increased volume. May go on with it next week.

Regards
Ivor

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 349

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 08:16 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon VML L

Won't complain if there is a gap down on tuesday and a day or two of lower prices as long as the volume stays low on down days before another assault on the heavy duty resistance at .115. If it can crack .115, the next heavy resistance isn't till around .15 so maybe this one is good for a few weeks.Don't know what is driving this one but it's worth a punt on it moving higher.

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 501

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 09:42 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth ETE

Big action on Friday – no published news. Adam and Eve bottom, ADX just turning up below a strengthening DI+. MA15 just crossed MA30. While recent resistance at 22c has been broken, there’s fairly strong resistance at 23c.

ete dly

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 134

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 05:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded DYE

Not thinking those triangles are 'active' ie giving a 140+ target.
Hate the Volume on Friday.Acts to give NO Indication of Downtrend Break.
but I think 120 is shaped as Support and I 'feel' some more positive Dyesol news may 'break'.
I reckon shares at over a $1 need some Fundamental Push not just a TA pattern formation.
Besides this is pricing/stayed too close to the pointy end of a Triangle to be valid/reasonable probability.

Anyhow,you should be able to anticipate at what price this drops to that will cut my losses and keep me in the 3 month Accumulate Circle.

Happy Trading.

PS-this may actually Gap up on Tuesday.It's traded in Frankfurt and was up Friday and of course German's trade Monday night but we best not mention/allude to d'War,hey?

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 25

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 07:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eagle - BAU - MACD crossover and avg vol up in last weeks

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 165

Sunday, April 25, 2010 - 10:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky_Phil AQR L

AQR has been trending down lately although candles indicate buying support. It finally found the lower channel border late last week and has found some strength and improved volume with most indicators confirming a change in sentiment. Hopefully this one will move and I can add something to my 26c profit!

Well done Sway and last weeks place getters and thanks Rags! Good luck all for the coming week.

Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 36

Monday, April 26, 2010 - 06:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, GPM, L

Even though I still like my last week's entrant, GLA, I will go with a new one in GPM. Maybe a bit of a risky trade entry at present levels as it closed at one resistence level but did finding good support at 20.5 earlier in the week. I also note the higher highs and higher lows in place and many buyers are still present compared to sellers so I'm hoping that a break of 23 cents will see a swift move. But please, fellow competitors, don't sell off my stock on Friday again like some one did last week with my GLA.

Well done though to Sway, what a great pick, but one week is enough, ok!

Good luck to everyone except Sway as he doesn't need it.

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 171

Monday, April 26, 2010 - 06:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DOM Long

Breakout from 2.93 resistance

EMA,S crossing over

Breakout on volume

Would probably buy in on any weakness

Target 3.80 +

dom

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 962

Monday, April 26, 2010 - 08:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace CCC L

chart tomorrow ,swing trade

mick

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 73

Monday, April 26, 2010 - 09:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie AWE long

Leaving ESG aside this week with a stab at AWE. Should go up again from here, nice gap to cover ..although how quickly who knows

Thanks again gT

stickman
Username: stickman

Post Number: 1130

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 07:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stickman IGR L

chart later

cheers

Trade to Learn, Not to Earn.

when you lose,don't lose the lesson.

ragchewer

Post Number: 867

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,
After viewing the mark depth on my pick i'm getting cold feet even though i like the breakout chart.

I'm changing my pick for the week to JPR.

This is a 3 wave Gartley Pattern,
Post a primary run on the left the corrective 3 wave bounces off the 61.8% Fib return.Volume here in this isolation has built up absorbing the Bears (imho) and now looks to have a rally back through the 50% Fib indicating a buy in theory.

Rags

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 193

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L AMM

Chart to follow

Hoping to start a roll with 2 positives in a row
Good luck to all,
Regards
Stampy

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 839

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, AMM, L

This looks as though its about to move on towards the next 'measured' tier(~ 42c); has given a few good T.A.Z. setups on over the past 8 months or so and gave a 'seconday' taz entry(t.3) on Friday so once through 36c it should be 'up, up and away'...but not expecting 42c just yet(may be by end of next week!).

Have a good 'shortened' week everyone!

Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 840

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 10:06 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well, wouldn't that take the cake!....I alway's check before I hit 'post message' to make sure no one else has the same pick and find that "STAMPY" is (apparently) 'hackinging' into my computer(joking!) and pressed his(same ) entry seconds B4 Mio...Oh well, Stampy, at least my entry has a chart already and will save you the trouble of posting one yourself!

Swim or sink together this , aye!

Dolphin

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 194

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 10:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Its nice to be in such good company!!..I see my ACME " email interception and delaying device " is working well.

Regards
Stampy

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 963

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 11:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CCC chart palace

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

gdd3

Post Number: 841

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 12:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Protest! Protest! Protest!....I hear this C.C. chant "ringing" in my ear.

Now Rags, I know you have modified/simplified the "OLD" Weekly competition rules somewhat but placing one's entry then having a change of heart and 'scrubbing' your first 'official/tabled' entry to put forward a 'more desirable' entry(in your eyes)is maybe a bit....well how can I put it best?...oh, yes! Imagine entering(officially) a horse in the Melbourne Cup and scratching it after the 'weightings' penalties are 'applied' and then expect acceptance of another horse instead without even consulting the Melbourne Cup Committee (or Bart. C.)What, are you expecting them to say...Oh thats ok, I see your new entry has a lesser "weight " penalty!

Then, again you are the "match committee" and maybe the M.C.C. and Bart have been getting away with it for years(my conspiracy theory, right!).

Rags' I'm no C.C. so am not really protesting but couldn't resist 'having a go'(and having a bit of a 'chuck'..le....pardon the pun!

Cheers
Dolphin

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 67

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 12:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

very good humour dolphin, its nice to see the attitude isnt about the sheep station. keep up the good work to all on the C C.
Cheers

ragchewer

Post Number: 868

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 03:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

haha

CC tips are always welcome

Rags

gdd3

Post Number: 842

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 03:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P.S. to my last post...

"My apologies to you Captain(C.C.) if you are about here(in spirit or fact) for using your name in jest but I do know that you would know I was doing just that...mere reminiscence of your humour past".

ragchewer

Post Number: 869

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 05:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tue

Rags

stickman
Username: stickman

Post Number: 1131

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 08:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

igr chart

Break and re-test from a sym/triangle ??

cheers

Trade to Learn, Not to Earn.

when you lose,don't lose the lesson.

yogiinoz
Username: yogiinoz

Post Number: 2973

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 - 09:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

:-)

..... oh shoot ... forgot to enter this week ... !~!

How did THAT happen ... ???

good luck all

paul

:-)

=====

ragchewer

Post Number: 870

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 10:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,
Please remember you all have an over night stop out with your exit price being the next days open.

Hi Yogi,,,,,
Very well left alone.I'm sure you'll be back with some gold stocks at some stage ???

regards
Rags

ragchewer

Post Number: 871

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 05:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wed

Rags

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 599

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 05:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags
Is there an award for scoring a gold medal and a wooden spoon in consecutive weeks with the same stock?

Not too cheery
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 350

Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 07:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bit of bad luck all around...My much prayed for gap down and a bounce up last tuesday turned into a gap up and a bounce down. Don't go and claim the wooden spoon just yet,Sway...Cheers.

ragchewer

Post Number: 872

Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 04:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thur

Hi Sway,
If there was such an award what would you name it ?
Rags

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 600

Thursday, April 29, 2010 - 10:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Easy-come/Easy-go?

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

ragchewer

Post Number: 873

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 09:33 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sway,
nah way to soft,,,
anyone getting that award might repeat the same mistake.What do you think of something like one of these or similar,,,

The Greedy Award
The Investor Award
The I Love the Story Award

Rags

ragchewer

Post Number: 874

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 09:39 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JPR in trading halt until Tuesday so a forced LC for me and clearly no chance of a medal this week.

Rags

jaded

Post Number: 142

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 09:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sway wrote on Wednesday, April 28, 2010 - 05:49 pm:

Is there an award for scoring a gold medal and a wooden spoon in consecutive weeks with the same stock?

M.O.B.A.
[ Manic or BiPolar Award.]

Lost the Plot Award

The Mortein Award
[on a good thing and stuck with it]

The Smart Mug[SMUG]Award

(Message edited by jaded on April 30, 2010)

jaded

Post Number: 143

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 11:10 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

How about just -
The Sway Award [goes from top to bottom-'swaying']or
the TAB [top and bottom,not too sweet]
or The HUN[destroyer of Systems].

Did you actually trade this,sway?It's an IPO isn't it?Not very according to Weinstein,right?
Gives me another Award-The Stag.
That's what we're observing,isn't it?Subscribers to an Initial Public Offering 'cashing in'?

I haven't 'scenarioed' adequately this particular HUN but I am interested in following Just Listed shares,in the future.

Are you 'into' this at all,sway?
Start a thread on it sometime?

ragchewer

Post Number: 875

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 04:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday

Well done Ivor no competition from us at all.
Baggus takes silver and Espresso gets bronze for the least loss.

Sway takes the spoon this week after falling in love with HUN.

There's some big loss's this week and not one person used their stop out facility,,,

Am i to assume most of you do use stops just not here ??? or am i to assume if you can't use a stop here you have no chance of using a stop in real life.

I'll update the Compounding Scoreboard over the weekend and please note we are now approximately half way in the Challenge.

kind regards
Rags

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 68

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 07:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Rags,
Not a good way of taking a win, I think there should be a rule against that, anyway Il leave that to the CC.
In not sure if its to late however I would like to continue with MQA for next week please. As i didnt get a chance to submit my request prior to 4pm.
Cheers & have a great weekend.

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 26

Friday, April 30, 2010 - 07:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Sway - BAU was trying to get to the bottom - guess I win a Bauxite Spoon.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week11stampy14 07-Jun-10  10:16 am
Cockatoo Coalrockon20 05-Jun-10  06:55 am
BOL - Ascending triangle??dennis_menace51 03-Jun-10  09:59 am
2010,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week10ragchewer28 30-May-10  01:36 pm
Market bottomed out ????ivor27-May-10  08:57 am
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week9ragchewer17 25-May-10  12:57 am
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week8ragchewer30 20-May-10  09:40 pm
SBM - St Barbara Limiteddennis_menace13-May-10  11:10 am
CHZ - Chesser Resources Limiteddennis_menace13-May-10  10:50 am
NMS - Bullish Divergencebib11-May-10  07:51 pm
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week7rockon23 08-May-10  07:45 am
CAM - Clime Capital Limiteddennis_menace02-May-10  08:35 pm
VBAbreaker_128 28-Apr-10  06:57 pm
TCM - Tiaro Coal Limiteddennis_menace24-Apr-10  04:39 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»