You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

2010,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week10

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through October 14, 2010 » 2010,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week10

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 895

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 10:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Equinox to Solstice Challenge".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on March 22nd and run till June 22nd.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 80

Friday, May 21, 2010 - 05:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rags,
Thanks for coming back. :-)
Il stay with DRA L please.
Thanks

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 357

Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 06:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon AUC L

Closed on support on Friday so it's a toss up wether it bounces or keeps falling after last weeks effort .Very low volume for the last week or 8 days so hopefully whoever has been selling, decides to get back in again.

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 177

Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 08:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded COcKatoo [naturally] Long.

So it flirts with Year High.[about 51 cents broken thrice recently]

Now there's probably a dozen Indicators showing COK as Oversold.
Me,I see d'Action [a] and see an Eager Accumulator.
Subsequent news FEAR played right into this Smart Money's Accumulators 'desires'.
Note Price Closed Higher than Thursday.
Not just higher than Friday's Open
BUT Higher than THURSDAY's Close.

I suppose this could be called an Aggressive TAZ.
but I ain't taken in me Bill's LAGGING Indicator,hey?

Pilgrims2MaMMon, this tax Shock Horror has been OverBought and Materials Shares with "Guts" have been Oversold by any 'Indicator' Going.

COK doing 47 BEOW[by end of week].

giveyad'tip?It'll GAP monday's Open.

and could crack 52.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

espresso

Post Number: 81

Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 09:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rags,
After further consideration and if its ok can I cancel my position on DRL and would like to replace it with HIN.
Im sorry for the inconvenience.
Cheers

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 169

Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 09:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky Phil RHG L

Lots of shares looking oversold on my scans but RHG also has a divergence on TMF as well.

Good luck all for the coming week

Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

espresso

Post Number: 82

Saturday, May 22, 2010 - 10:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

HIN L Trading above 30 ema, tightly held share low volume for sale keeps pushing the price up.
MACD strong.
Thanks Rags.

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 512

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 07:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth UXC L

Broken through resistance a second time, on good volume. MA 15/30 just crossed, ADX also just turning up and crossed DI-. EMA200 is looming, however. (SMA200 a little further away at around 65c any opinions on EMA vs SMA?)

UXC dly

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 178

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 10:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AAC L

Broke through and bounced off 1.45
Volume,Twiggs and MACD all northbound
EMA,s all looking sweet
Aussie dollar retreating all good for cattle prices
Target 1.65

aac

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 33

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 09:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eagle - if we can do same as a share already nominated by someone else then I'll go with UXC. Rags - if I can't have an already nominated share then I'll stick with cash this week. Too much damage last week to most shares to find many that are convincing.

Reasons for UXC. MACD moving right way; volume increase with more up than down days recently. Elisabeth - I've included a Multiple Moving Average Chart (one of the charts I look at). I don't think there's a big difference in EMA vs SMA )and all other type of MAs). It is like trying to find the right days to use. Best to have a regular set you use and get used to the signals they send you (and whether they're useful or not with other indicators). However I too am interested in other views on use of MAs - I tend to look at short (13), medium (55), long (255) term ones and their trends and crossovers. That's more for my medium/long term holdings rather than trades.

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 38

Sunday, May 23, 2010 - 10:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, AUT, L

Glad to have missed the start last week but my pick then was going to be AUT as well but because it really held up well during the general market selloff, and held support at 70c, I think it is worthwhile still giving her a go. Seems to have been going through an increasing rising trend(parabolic??) over the last 8 months. I have represented this by the diferent uptrend channels on my chart. TMF has stayed positive since the mid-February spike low.

Hope everyone has a better week and my thanks again to Rags who continues to do a great job.

Baggus

elisabeth

Post Number: 514

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 06:07 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great choice Eagle

I've been digging through my notes and can find reference to both SMA and EMA for 200 days - I'm putting both on my UXC chart - let's hope it pushes upwards to show us the impact!

I like MMA charts also, in particular when checking out scans - very quick to see what's happening in the price trend.

Elisabeth

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 603

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 07:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway LYC L

lyc

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

jaded

Post Number: 180

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 08:54 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eagle/elisabeth,
this is not the Thread to 'investigate' the use of MA's.
For one thing,it'll be lost to any future Search on the subject by a 'pilgrim' even next week.

Now there's been plenty of posts on MA's in the past but that doesn't mean it can't be reopened again Fresh.
Recently I saw Rudy of Daily Bread "Fame" disparage MA's in a certain context but as an example we aren't likely to get his opinions/angles included here in the Weekly Comp Thread.

So Open a Specific Thread.Iniate a Discussion.

It's no good if I do it for you.I start Threads that no one replies to and end up doing 10/20 posts all on my own on every maybe/could be that I can think of and then get 'told' I'm annoying or Non KISS!!

cheers.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

insomniac
Username: insomniac

Post Number: 218

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 09:21 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags,

I'll stick with CAZ.

It did ok on Friday when it could have done a lot worse.

I will post the chart later.

Cheers,

John

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 199

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 09:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy CAZ L
Regards
Stampy

ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 566

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 09:31 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Rags

Here's my entry for the competition this week -

CCV - found support at 54c.on Friday.
May go on with it this week.

Regards
Ivor

stampy

Post Number: 200

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 09:31 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hmmm sorry just noticed the sleepless one! nice pick.. please cancel mine i'll try again .

stampy

Post Number: 201

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 09:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy ADX L

Chart to follow

Regards
Stampy

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 868

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 09:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, POH, L

Just backing my 'gut feel' here as there are not too many support technicals here on chart other than it held up ok during overall market weakness lastweek and made a new high during the process; still seems well bid.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 869

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 10:01 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin's chart for POH...

elisabeth

Post Number: 515

Monday, May 24, 2010 - 06:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded, re post 180, you're absolutely right - my error. I got carried away !!

ragchewer

Post Number: 898

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 01:13 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monday

Rags

ragchewer

Post Number: 899

Tuesday, May 25, 2010 - 10:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tue

Rags

jaded

Post Number: 186

Wednesday, May 26, 2010 - 12:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cockatoo put me Sold at the Open tomorrow,Rags.

Any rises are being sold into and it reminds me of the weeks awhile back when Shorts were the only Placegetters.

So I'm definitely Keeping my cash in the Bank for a few weeks or so,at least.
so not buying or holding = no entries.

cheers.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

stampy

Post Number: 202

Thursday, May 27, 2010 - 07:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ragchewer

Post Number: 900

Friday, May 28, 2010 - 02:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thur

Rags

ragchewer

Post Number: 902

Sunday, May 30, 2010 - 01:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday

Well done Ivor that was a good find rewarding you with the Gold medal.Grats to Sway and Espresso for 2nd and 3rd and to all that finished in the green.

Rockon there comes a time when everyone gets a spoon this time it's your turn.

Rags

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2010,,,June Solstice to Dec Equinoz Challenge week1breaker_121 27-Jun-10  12:23 pm
HSTivor23-Jun-10  12:14 pm
MCPivor21-Jun-10  12:44 pm
2010,,,Equinox to Solstice Compounding Scoreboardragchewer13 21-Jun-10  12:43 am
2010 Equinox to Solstice Challenge".week 13baggus21 20-Jun-10  10:42 pm
PIEespresso20-Jun-10  08:49 pm
VILpeterloh18-Jun-10  12:55 pm
2010...March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week 12ragchewer21 15-Jun-10  10:43 pm
SBM - St Barbara Limiteddennis_menace09-Jun-10  10:26 am
SLR - Silver Lake Resources Limiteddennis_menace07-Jun-10  08:01 pm
2010,,,March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge week11stampy14 07-Jun-10  10:16 am
Cockatoo Coalrockon20 05-Jun-10  06:55 am
BOL - Ascending triangle??dennis_menace51 03-Jun-10  09:59 am
Market bottomed out ????ivor27-May-10  08:57 am

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 02 03 04 05 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»