You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 6

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through October 14, 2010 » 2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 6

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 374

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 04:48 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "June Solstice to December Equinox Challenge ".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on the week of June 22nd and run till December 22nd.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

rockon

Post Number: 375

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 05:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon HOG L

Born again Biotech with not much chart to analyse.Reasonable support at .13 with a stumbling block at .14 before it can attack main resistance at .16 in order to move on.I'll be happy if it stays above .13 this week. Recent announcement tells me at least Mgmt. are clued up and are capable of making a decision.One for everyones watchlist, I think.

i

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 977

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 02:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace BTU

On a breakout but williams looks a tad overbought ?

mick

(Message edited by palace on July 24, 2010)

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 978

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 02:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

chart for BTU

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 114

Saturday, July 24, 2010 - 02:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,
Il take SMR L please, newly listed 7 month history, trading above the 30week ema on daily and weekly chart, MACD trending above the zero line, price trending up, volume is a concern as I would like it to be more liquid.

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Groucho Marx

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 528

Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 07:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth CFE L

Nice move on big volume on Friday - no new news that I could find. Based on my recent comp history, the move will now be halted and reversed because Ive picked it

One of the directors has bought 3 million shares on market since June 28.

CFE has moved in line with the Slow Stochastic as shown potential to hit 40c.

CFEdly

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 228

Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 08:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

should have got in around 4.40
Target 5.75

wsa

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 254

Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 08:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded AQR L

bought friday's open as breakout that proved 'false'.
46 seems established Support and Stop watching price.
Drill hole results accumulating as Good.
Found Washington Soul Patterson is a substantial holder.This is a excellent Institutional Investor.Known for Long Term Holds of researched Good Prospects.

AQR is probably going to do a Placement next month[cash position 'dwindling'],but I'm 'hoping' they do an all shareholder Rights Issue,instead.

Rights Issues at a discount with a Future Closing Date,often give Share Price a Fillip prior to Offer Close.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 411

Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 03:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JimmySwell CXC L
c
I've been tracking Coeur D'Alene Mines for a while and it's an interesting pattern that I may post on a dedicated thread. All day on Fri, it had been languishing around $16.60 then at the last minute on Friday, someone bought a parcel of 570 at $17.20.

My next target price is the 150MA around $18.10, but it may take longer than a week.

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 179

Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 07:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky_Phil KRL L

An emerging Indonesian Coal producer with both Coking and Steaming coal projects on the go. About to sell its first shipment from its major project. Consolidated last week and a good move up Friday with volume > 21DMA.

Good luck all for the coming week

Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 91

Sunday, July 25, 2010 - 10:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie DOM L

twiggs mf convinced me to go with this one, after dithering over 3 others. hope it gets me off the bottom.

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 47

Monday, July 26, 2010 - 01:19 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, CCC, L

After holding onto its gap support after a couple of announcements over the last week CCC seems to have broken out of its downtrend channel and above the 6.1 resistance level. Twiggs Money Flow has again turned above 0% and created a possitive trough so I think CCC is going to see 8c soon and maybe even more(this week I'm hoping).

Have a really good week everyone.

Baggus

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 930

Monday, July 26, 2010 - 09:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, THX, L

Been watching this one for a week or so, along with AZ, and took some action on Friday after the confirmed TAZ set-ups(WED.,/Thurs.)and now buy plus a break of the pennant. Now think she should get to the high 60's without too much resistance.

For a change, we have so many good short-term opportunities and have some good choices this week by the current competitors.

Dolphin

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 211

Monday, July 26, 2010 - 09:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L CPL

Chart to follow .

Have a good week all

Stampy

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 212

Wednesday, July 28, 2010 - 07:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon

Post Number: 376

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 12:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon HOG LC

Chart later

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 260

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 01:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded AQR C

in Trading Halt so have to continue it anyway[rules?]

news 'leak' thursday,hopefully Big Things Announced re a JV next week.

ps-Cockatoo COK may be thru consolidating and due for a kick,maybe?
Also consider BTV as an 'emerger' that could/gunner do 30+ coming month?

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 939

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 02:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday

Ok yes i need to get back on the pulse here.

Rockon Cont as requested
Jaded forced Cont.
Dolphin forced Cont.
Baggus CCC suspended, forced Cont pending news.

Rags

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Guess who's broken out ?dennis_menace24-Aug-10  01:37 pm
PFL - Patties Foods Ltddennis_menace24-Aug-10  01:19 pm
GOLD 99,01,03,05,07,09azworkinit20 18-Aug-10  03:59 pm
GRRjaded85 16-Aug-10  07:01 pm
2010,,,June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week8ragchewer26 15-Aug-10  01:38 pm
SFR and Study of Nearologyjaded14 15-Aug-10  09:30 am
BMY - Brumby Resources Limitedgdd311-Aug-10  09:44 pm
IiN dennis_menace09-Aug-10  08:15 pm
ACR - Ready to move again?dennis_menace09-Aug-10  08:05 pm
2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 7ragchewer30 07-Aug-10  01:58 pm
KZL - another fallen angelhershy16 05-Aug-10  08:21 pm
OZLpeterloh34 05-Aug-10  12:35 pm
IPL - Incitec Pivot Limiteddennis_menace03-Aug-10  09:10 pm
MRM - Mermaid Marine Australia Limiteddennis_menace03-Aug-10  08:51 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»