You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 7

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through October 14, 2010 » 2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 7

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 943

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 05:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "June Solstice to December Equinox Challenge ".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on the week of June 22nd and run till December 22nd.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

(Message edited by gdd3 on July 30, 2010)

gdd3

Post Number: 944

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 05:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

From Week 6 sub-thread....

rockon HOG LC...

Chart later

and...

jaded AQR C...

in Trading Halt so have to continue it anyway[rules?]

D'jaded...I'm in the same boat with my THX but do you think we may have proplems; spare a thought to poor Baggus, his CCC is suspended.

The questions arise here are which price should be taken to close this week's position for us all, the last traded(advantage to you) or last(auction bid price...advantage to me). Baggus, I would think would prefer the LTP and not the LAP = 0c!!!!

Mind boggling, aye....but not really!

Have a weekend.

Dolphin

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 82

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 06:02 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Az, SRI.For no reason but Nearology, and trading well down at the mo. Rgds Az

SRI

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 261

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 06:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dolphin-
the 'rules' are that one is closed out at Friday's Close Price unless you can use Long Continue OR have nominated to close earlier in the week.

So if one's pick is in Trading Halt,it should be automatic that you carry your 'stake' over into the next week.

Baggus pick CCC is suspended.Happily this seems to be because they[CCC] couldn't resume Trading to the 3 day Trading Halt Deadline[ie some shares get suspended because...well,they've gone Broke and can't pay listing fees etc and they're gone/kaput you've lost ya money,virtually and in fact]

This doesn't seem to be baggus' position so I'd assume he Continues with CCC into next week and can't make another different pick.

but I would point out like feel IF a contestant picks a Suspended Share that never really returns to Trading?well,they're out for 3 months or so til the next Competition sets them up with another $5grand.

I'd volunteer to do a Daily Update but I am so illiterate computer wise to handle spread sheets etc.Can anyone out there help Ragchewer in this Dep't?

happy trading.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 413

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 07:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If it a share is suspended (as opposed to trading halted), then I vote that a contestant starts the following week with a clean slate and uses the closing suspension price as the previous week's closing price.

My $0.02's worth of opinion.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 377

Friday, July 30, 2010 - 11:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Definitely a good idea posting picks/comments etc. from previous weeks thread.Saves anyone getting lost.

***** Chart for HOG LC

Not a lot of price OR volume action this week but buyers building on Mkt Depth on anticipation of good drilling results and a slightly stronger close on Friday is a bonus.Hopefully push .15 before results come out.

i

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 115

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 12:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi, Im happy to help, and support rags in this dept.
Cheers

Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others.
Groucho Marx

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 236

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 07:13 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Goin for a blue chip as not much else showing up on my scans
Thing that caught my eye was volume,histogram and oscillator all pointing up.
EMA,s not looking good these I find will turn once she gets going.
Target would be 27.10

wow

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

jimmyswell

Post Number: 414

Saturday, July 31, 2010 - 11:34 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell GGG L
g
Increasing volume during a week of gains. Maybe some more momentum left to carry it up during this upcoming week past the green 150D MA?

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 529

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 07:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth RMS L

Good news re production last week saw volume increase. Potential head and shoulder bottom reversal, though EMA200 looms.

RMSdly

jaded

Post Number: 264

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 06:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I see baggus entered CCC early on Sunday morning,last week.
Perhaps she lives in the WA time zone or is an insomniac?

Anyway,in this PARTICULAR Case of CCC being 'suspended',I think she qualifies under the Trading Halt Rule[as are THX and AQR].

CCC qualifying as a 'variation' of Trading Halt,means Baggus' CCC entry is a Long Continue into next week ie this week's last close is now Baggus's this week's Entry.

I haven't gone too deeply into CCC[it's very code 'discourages' me!!]but a quick run over the BarbQue chat makes it seem that Baggus is in no way disadvantaged by making this a Continue instead of making a 'fresh' pick for this week.

jimmyswell,I'm 'promoting' bankrupt Suspended Picks leading to cull from the Qtr Contest on the basis of bringing Reality into this Comp.If one picked it and kept with it til it got Suspended?well you've been cut,out til the next virtual $5000 stake comes your way,don't you agree/see?

Now we have no qualifying entries under 5 cents,this kind of Suspension may not arise but I have seen shares go Broke/Been Suspended at around 30cents.Sons of Gwalia for example.

Anyway,espresso if you contact rag chewer thru the IC email system,I'm sure he'll transfer the required file so as you can do regular position updates for this comp and help him out.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 180

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 08:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky_Phil CYS L

CYS recovering strongly from a 6 month downtrend. Volume and indicators all up.

Good luck all for the coming week
Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 93

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 09:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie AWE

taking a punt although I am a bit early here

espresso

Post Number: 116

Sunday, August 01, 2010 - 11:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rags, ARD L please.
weekly MACD histogram and indicators trending above zero.
Above average volume yet over all would like it moe liquid.
price breakout of a resistance line, trading above 30wk EMA
Cheers

Groucho Marx

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 43

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 12:10 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

eagle - GGG (along for the ride with Jimmyswell) - one that seems to have a variety of positive indicators.

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 48

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 12:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, IAU, L
IAU has been in a strong uptend since March, made a new high last Friday and broke out of a trading range but then fall back during the week. Now on Friday it broke out again above the range on good volume so may be this time it will make it to the range target of about 72c. Hope its not suspended like my last week's pick, CCC.

espresso

Post Number: 117

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 01:04 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great pick Baggus, i hope they dont get suspended either I own a few.
cheers

Groucho Marx

gdd3

Post Number: 946

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 09:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, THX, L(C)

Trading halt rule?

(Message edited by gdd3 on August 02, 2010)

jaded

Post Number: 265

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 10:34 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

we discussed this dolphin.I think that under Reality Rules that a Trading Halt and a Suspension automatically carries a pick over into the next week Continue.
There's been NO Friday Close and contestant has not withdrawn pick while Trading was in progress ie before Halt or Suspend so...well it's a continue based on last Trade as 'Buy' for this week.
So Dolphin you have THX as last trade price[continue] and today will need to consider what you're doing Trading and Comp wise re the Opening Gap today.

Will you close out on tomorrow's Open for this Comp OR wear the probably inevitable Reversal from today's 'exuberant' Open hoping it'll recover by Friday?

Baggus is new and I don't have a problem with her changing picks.Perhaps she didn't actually HOLD CCC and is only paper playing?

cheers.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

jimmyswell

Post Number: 415

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 01:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

It seems that Eagle and I have parachuted into a trading halt for GGG until Wed.

Some announcement is pending - I suspect this is the reason behind the favourable signals over the past few weeks.

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 83

Monday, August 02, 2010 - 06:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yeh Dolphin, will you or won't you?. I know after a day where it averaged 85cents, Id be bankin on a bigger day tomorrow.She went bigger after the first day of the 20% uranium hole and I learn't from selling too early that time. Hope your still hangin in Dolphin!. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 45

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 02:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jimmyswell - GGG now suspended - sounds like Greenland Gov't is going .. well.. green - affecting uranium aspect of the potential mine. Talks to happen - next news about Aug 10th/11th!!! Only upside is that stock is not heading south. Ho hum.

jimmyswell

Post Number: 416

Tuesday, August 03, 2010 - 05:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Eagle,
Yes I read the GGG announcement(s).
I guess it means a dead round for us, since we won't get a starting price any time this week.
Too bad, because I was hoping to get my bank back up above the original $5k start point.
Jimmy

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 940

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 03:15 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tue

Hi all,
It's not my intention to eliminate people from the comp or website.
Baggus if you concede that CCC is unlikely to return to trading and wish to solidify your loss we can start you with a fresh $5000 under Baggus(2) on the Compounding Scoreboard and keep your current weekly selection ???

Please advise asap.
Rags

jaded

Post Number: 270

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 09:03 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Back on Deck,hey rag chewer?Welcome and hope all is well.

GGG hasn't traded this week.It didn't open on Monday.
Because Trading Halts can only last 3 days by Law,if more time is needed to work out some 'Deal' Materially Affecting Company Operations and Share Price,procedure is to Suspend [after 3 days Halt] til such time as this price effecting 'deal' is resolved.

So jimmy and eagle weren't able to get their money down on Monday Open so they are out for this week ONLY.

However baggus is another 'story'.Her entry in CCC is a Continue til Suspension is lifted and I agree with your ruling Rags that she may stay in the Comp this Qtr as Baggus2 IF she wants to 'suspend' her pick from last week ie CCC.

I haven't gone into CCC's suspension too deep but it appears the Suspension is for Positive Reasons and baggus could well be better off maintaining her Comp position in it ie it may Rocket when Suspension lifted.

This is in contrast to jimmy's and eagle's position in GGG.Rare Earths are often intermingled with Uranium so a Uranium Mining BAN will be detrimental,could wipe the Company out etc.

It's all in reading and interpreting the News/Announcement causing the Suspension/Trading Halt.

Also doing this somewhat when Initially Buying any share.eg GGG is also involved in some Court Action.One should be fully aware of such detrimental things,have some opinion about this as to whether you want financial involvement etc.

anyway enough technical/technique chat from me.

I think GGG is a non starter so eagle and jimmy as well find a new one for next week.
While CCC appears to be best for Baggus to 'back' til Suspension is lifted whenever[probably late this week? even today?]

cheers.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

ragchewer

Post Number: 943

Wednesday, August 04, 2010 - 09:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded,
Many thanks i'll amend GGG this evening.

kind regards
Rags

ragchewer

Post Number: 944

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 02:05 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wed

CCC re opened today ,,i need to change it's status from suspd.

Rags

gdd3

Post Number: 953

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 09:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags,....DOLPHIN, THX, SELL!

With D'jaded's persistance/encouragement/permission?, can you please exit my position in THX at market open this morning!

D'jaded, I've enjoyed the 'unexpected?' ride in THX...actually looking for 102.5c sometime today before a possible 'profit-take' consolidation period to start.

Cheers
Dolphin

ragchewer

Post Number: 945

Thursday, August 05, 2010 - 05:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thur

Rags

ragchewer

Post Number: 947

Saturday, August 07, 2010 - 01:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday

Outstanding move by Dolphin closely followed by Az with another fine return and Grannie also yielding a nice return over 1 week.

Lucky_Phil picks up the spoon,,,
Phil change the sail,rudor,keel or find a new compass this one is broken.Just put a torch to it and let it sink then build a new boat.

Sorry about the old language but meant with kindest of regards.

Rags

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Guess who's broken out ?dennis_menace24-Aug-10  01:37 pm
PFL - Patties Foods Ltddennis_menace24-Aug-10  01:19 pm
GOLD 99,01,03,05,07,09azworkinit20 18-Aug-10  03:59 pm
GRRjaded85 16-Aug-10  07:01 pm
2010,,,June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week8ragchewer26 15-Aug-10  01:38 pm
SFR and Study of Nearologyjaded14 15-Aug-10  09:30 am
BMY - Brumby Resources Limitedgdd311-Aug-10  09:44 pm
IiN dennis_menace09-Aug-10  08:15 pm
ACR - Ready to move again?dennis_menace09-Aug-10  08:05 pm
KZL - another fallen angelhershy16 05-Aug-10  08:21 pm
OZLpeterloh34 05-Aug-10  12:35 pm
2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 6ragchewer18 04-Aug-10  02:38 am
IPL - Incitec Pivot Limiteddennis_menace03-Aug-10  09:10 pm
MRM - Mermaid Marine Australia Limiteddennis_menace03-Aug-10  08:51 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 00 01 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»