You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

DJS - long

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through October 14, 2010 » DJS - long

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
f0ssil
Username: f0ssil

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, September 07, 2010 - 08:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi I'm new to the forum & looking forward to participating.

Thought I'd start by posting some thoughts on DJS.
* weekly chart looks to have broken out of its downward trend after hitting a 50% retracement.
* daily chart is showing higher highs and higher lows.

I'm looking on entering on the current pullback.

I'm interested in your thoughts.

DJS weekly & daily

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 248

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 04:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Does today answer your question
Strong resistance at 5.20
re assess on breakout of that

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1262

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 08:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the forum Fossil. I look forward to seeing more of your selections as time rolls on.

I see it like this.

breaker_1

Post Number: 249

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 10:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

As i said has to break 5.20

Daily chart has reversal pattern and is running out of steam

In her favour are EMA's

djs

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

f0ssil

Post Number: 4

Wednesday, September 08, 2010 - 10:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks for your comments.
Additional perspective is helpful.
I'll be watching for a rebound off the current low.
But if it continues its retracement to below $4.90 then I'll delete from my watch list.

breaker_1

Post Number: 252

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 08:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey fossil

DJS looking good

djs

Alexander Graham Bell

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 139

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 - 09:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

with supporting money flow

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games.
26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.
I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

f0ssil

Post Number: 18

Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 01:13 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh well.
That was a fail.
DJS

breaker_1

Post Number: 261

Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 07:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dunno What happened maybe the sex thing not helping

Alexander Graham Bell

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4063

Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 03:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys,

There is some hope of a bounce as the LBB and 50 day SMA should provide support. The W%R short term indicator also indicating that a bounce is likely in the near term.

The move down from the top has been a 3 wave move and that first wave was a 3 wave move as well so there is a strong chance that the move down is not impulsive. Once again this is a possible confirmation that the bounce could be a 'real' one rather than a pause on the way down.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 319

Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 10:04 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I realise Short Term is supposedly TA only but I beg to differ that some Wave Thingymejig is in operation in this case.
I agree with Breaker.It's d'Sex Case that has caused this Retrace ie External News requiring to be taken into account to Hold or Buy.

Now seeing as it's Sex,I assume you have at least some vague knowledge of the DJ's Case.
How it affects the share price?
well,Multi Millions Compo is involved[Profit Affecting]
Millions will go to Lawyers but most significantly there will be DISTRACTION to Management and quite possibly Disaffection by Staff with Office Culture etc dada da.
Already some gun,mighty Management Type has resigned and wasn't he some 'cornerstone' of Quality Management Team worthy of their salary,option packages etc?

I'm saying that this FACT is in operation not some play out of bleeding Wave Counts that seem to me to get 'proposed' only after events like Tops/Retraces etc as some 'explanation' bordering on Here's how Elliott COULD be 'useful'.

Now it could well be that next week DJ's 'bottoms'/rallies and so it'll appear the wave count method is Vindicated...perhaps.
Still this sex case will have a long term[6/12mth] effect on DJ's Profit and Reputation.It will increase the Risk Factor in this share and that,not Wave Counts,should colour any Buy Decision.

As a General Rule-Avoid Shares involved in Any Court Disputes.
On any given day they can sour or go sweet on a decision but no one ever 'wins' at law.Merely gets Judged at great expense.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 326

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 09:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm formulating a 'theory' about Gaps.
I'm thinking that price gaps even when they get subsequently filled still indicate price points of Support and Resistance ie can be used as an indicator for price sup/res long after they've been filled.
It's not a world shattering idea,hey?but it gives me something to work with doing close TA.
DJ's chart illustrates this somewhat

Notice how price subsequent to the first gap again 'falters' at the same price again?

Yes the Far Right/Recent one is around the Round Figure $5 so is 'dubious' BUT the one at $4.64 illustrates my point and leads me to a 'conclusion' that the mid 460's is the current re trace point.
Don't know [or care] if that corresponds to Fibionnacci or Wave Theory.I reckon it's down to d'Gaps.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
FMG - Zone for...dennis_menace28 14-Oct-10  12:35 am
IDL - Industreahershy16 13-Oct-10  07:23 pm
2010,,,Sept Equinox to Dec Solstice Challenge week2peterloh46 13-Oct-10  04:24 am
OBLimmune10-Oct-10  10:58 pm
BKN- is my TA flawed?breaker_109-Oct-10  06:08 am
QBE breakout ?rdumas112 08-Oct-10  02:26 pm
AZM - Azumah Resources Limitedpeterloh08-Oct-10  12:22 pm
Beach Energy Limited - BPTrdumas12 07-Oct-10  02:46 pm
2010,,,Sept Equinox to Dec Solstice Challenge Week1ragchewer29 03-Oct-10  08:02 pm
LOM - Lonrho Mining Limiteddennis_menace03-Oct-10  12:06 pm
PRYmaittlen01-Oct-10  07:25 pm
HIG -Old Timer Chart looking goodpeterloh28-Sep-10  02:58 pm
2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 14stampy34 27-Sep-10  06:43 pm
Sherwin Iron- SHDjaded26-Sep-10  10:24 am

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»