You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2010,,,Sept Equinox to Dec Solstice Challenge Week1

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through October 14, 2010 » 2010,,,Sept Equinox to Dec Solstice Challenge Week1

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 972

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 12:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Sept Equinox to December Solstice Challenge ".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on the week of Sept 22nd and run till December 22nd over a period of 13 weeks.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1028

Saturday, September 18, 2010 - 01:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

THERE IS STILL ONE WEEK(WK.14) TO GO IN THE JUNE SOLSTICE TO SEPT. EQUINOX COMPETITION. THIS THREAD IS PLACED IN READINESS FOR THE UP AND COMING SEPT. EQUINOX TO DEC. SOLSTICE COMPETITION STARTING ON MONDAY THE 27TH OF SEPTEMBER.

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 124

Friday, September 24, 2010 - 12:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Az YTC. Im in perth at the moment, and dont have the program on my laptop, though like ytc fundamentals and think the copper and gold price will see this go next week.
Well done to Baggus and Rockon on the effort last comp, you really blew us away Baggus. Good job to Dolphin and Rags for the effort to keep the comp going. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 395

Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 07:15 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon MEP L

Opened on and lifted off short term support with reasonable volume on friday but running the risk of it collapsing back to 30ish or lower. A completed placement @ 28c announced also on friday didn't seem to worry anyone (yet), with Mgmt. seeming to be quite excited about the now funded exploration program to begin almost immediately.

Don't know final results from last comp yet, so Well Done to all participants and many thanks to Rags and "wicketkeeper" Dolphin...Cheers.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 396

Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 07:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

YTC chart for Az.

ragchewer

Post Number: 993

Saturday, September 25, 2010 - 10:23 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags PLA

Going with PLA again now on the Blind Freddy support line accompanied by the 20 ma.Wondering if the bears were absorbed by Fridays sell off volume.

Rags
will be away for next week as its the last week of the school holidays but will take my laptop and find access somewhere.

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 189

Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 09:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky_Phil LYC L

LYC should continue its strong run given events in sino-nipponese relations last week which may raise the tight supply situation in Rare Earths markets internationally in the minds of investors.

Good luck all for the coming week.

Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 321

Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 10:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded AQR

No news Friday yet this "Dominant Candled"

a]Could be d'dastardly insiders pre advised of some price significant news?
Not really enough Volume for this?

b]Some Tip Sheet came out 'recommending'?
Could be the best explanation for the willingness to buy at levels Friday that were available all week.People who follow 'professional' tipsters often herd mental like that.

c]AQR has had a series of Positive News Announcements and No Negatives.Market Depth is 'weak' for multi buys of Significant Parcels[and for selling them,too] ie Free Float is minimal relatively.Thus to BUY with conviction some 200,000 shares Price must Rise a la Friday.

Anyhow,it's a Break Out.Maybe a variation Cup'n'Handle?
No doubt reflecting some blessed Wave Count douver.
It faces Resistance as illustrated but it's my go for First Week Comp.

Happy Trading

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 429

Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 11:51 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JimmySwell ASL L
a
I need to start the new series off conservatively, hence I'm attracted by the month-long series of gains with Ausdrill. This was the safest & steadiest that appeared among the 6 in this weekend's scans.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 148

Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 11:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,
Congratulations on the winners and the organisers, Thanks for making it fun and exciting.
My call for this week is DRA Long please, yes I have saddled back on the old pony, hopefully this time I will not get off to early.
Trending above the 30 week EMA, price heading up, with supporting MACD

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games.
26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.
I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 61

Sunday, September 26, 2010 - 11:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, CHN, L

Was Friday's full candle a Double/Triple top at 64c or hopefully the first sign of breakout about to happen? Most daily oscillators have turned up and even into high ground but not to extremes so I think by the end of the week CHN should be at higher prices.

Very happy to finish on top in a very good competition last one. My only regret is that I can't claim a similar percentage profit in my trading account for the same period, may be I should just open my trades on Monday and close on Friday from now on. Rockon and Azworkinit also did very well so thanks for pushing me hard.

Rags and Dolphin thanks to you both for running such an interesting competition. I hope more will join in the fun and learn also.

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 542

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 06:32 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth BLG L

After forming a double bottom, BLG has broken through resistance at 13.5c on volume, then retraced to retest in a wedge formation on reduced volume. TMF has continued to rise through the retrace. Long term MAs opening out as they head upwards.

Rags, so good that youve your PC back together big thanks for your commitment to this comp and to Dolphin for stepping in.

Baggus, luckily Ive done better in the real world than my comp percentage definitely will stay away from Monday morning buy! Congratulations on a fantastic win and congratulations also to Rockon and Az. A great place for me to start the new comp can only go sideways or up from here in position in the class

BLGdly

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 262

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 07:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WSA

keeps going up after breakout
could be taken over

wsa

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 234

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 08:07 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L COK

Have a good week all .

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 97

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 08:20 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie mgx L

I've just discovered why I'm failing.
"Optimism is to be avoided" so I'm going for the wooden spoon again.

Thanks for the competition and good luck all.

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 92

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 09:26 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings all
I would like to join your comp if I may
Is cut off today at 10am ? Or have I missed the boat
My pick is OEL Otto Energy Long
Inverted DHS with MAs all go. Looking for a mirror to 11.5c
Good luck to all for the week

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3837

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 09:34 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh HIG L

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 983

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 09:46 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace SVL

ON A 50% RETRACEMENT

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1037

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 09:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, RED, L

Nice little TAZ set-up near/at support...15.5c chart point,30EMA, 0.382%Fibo and both Williams%R's turning up from desired levels.

Good to see a few 'newbies' coming in to join in on the fun. Welcome! How about some other 'silent' viewers doing the same...nothing to loose really!

Have a great week everyone.

Dolphin

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 237

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 06:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'M going for a Taz style trade this week. Good increase in volume on friday with an engulfing candle ater a pull back into the taz zone. I did like the LYC as well but was already taken

Regards
Stampy

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 149

Monday, September 27, 2010 - 07:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

welcome on board whiteowl
Good Luck

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games.
26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed.
I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.
Michael Jordan

peterloh

Post Number: 3838

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 01:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded,

I like your AQR, but doubt you can get 200,000 shares without pushing the price up on this one. I find it hard even trying to get 10,000 shares.

Cheers

Peter

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

jaded

Post Number: 323

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 03:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi peter,
the reference to 200,000 shares was re a 'tipsheet's followers' trying to buy that number collectively.See my entry chart showing Dominant Candle on/about that Volume for the day.
This weeks price action 'confirms' that Friday's candle was most likely to have been eager buyers/the tipped?.

I hold 18,000 Breakeven 54 for a while now and had no difficulty accumulating that in two 'bites'.
My broker recently dropped to $10/trade.
Besides one shouldn't be so miserly as to avoid brokerage at the expense of low number holdings.
However I agree AQR may not be suitable for a $100,000 position but not many under say $500mil Market Cap shares are.

anyhow it's all in position sizing that we,peter learnt about decades ago.

Happy Trading

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

peterloh

Post Number: 3842

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 10:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded, managed to collect 35000 at 54.5c over 2 days. I had to be patient though. This is the first time I am joining you as of recently I am back to short term trading, reasons given by Dolphin in a volatile market is convincing.I still have all those resources picked up last year for my LONG.
You have read enough of my posts that I use margin lending and not those CFDs, I couldn't afford them.I won't have a lot on these small ones too as I cannot use margin lending on them.My scan came up with a good few recently, amongst them SAR, followed by SEA, AQR and HIG. I had to dump HIG yesterday. Be careful with CLV, I had it once backed in 2007 I think, they were on omega 3 then. I am no longer in it.They could have changed though.

AQR, has broken out from the short term down trend on Friday. I waited for it to retrace, but must stay above 54c, mid point of dominant candle.Had to collect them through several small lots.

Good Luck

Cheers,

Peter

PS: Very excited over SEA and SAR ala Wenstein's model, I think.Check it out.

jaded

Post Number: 324

Wednesday, September 29, 2010 - 07:27 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well,if you hold AQR,peterloh why don't we open a thread on it instead of cluttering up the Comp one?

I think I've already got an AQR thread in Short Term but let's open a new one.
Fresh is best,right?

It used to be that particular share threads was the system and the comp was additional.These days members only post in the comp and give no followup on how their analysis turned out vis a vis Real Market Action.

You.at least peter open threads on your picks and post follow thru action and thoughts so let's do it for AQR.

Happy Trading.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 544

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 09:48 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags, I'd like to stop out with today's opening if I can - in the real world I would be very happy with 30% in 4 days and would sell. Unfortunately I was not on this one (a good Monday morning buy!) but will be watching for an opportunity to enter closer to MA20 depending on how this unfolds. BLG had breakaway, continuation and exhaustion gaps on three consecutive days.

Elisabeth

blgdly

ragchewer

Post Number: 996

Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 12:15 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday

Grats Elisabeth thats one big buffer well done.
Espresso shadowed by Elisabeth but also a very nice weekly return.

Big grats to Phil hope there's more medals for you to come in this series.

Rockon ,,,a spoon for your collection sir,,,a minor setback or handicap.

Welcome Whiteowl,,,

Rags

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 985

Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 05:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi rags

thanks for keeping the scorecard and the competition going

,fortunately you have me down for the wrong code

my selection was for SVL ,not SLV

cheers

mick

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

ragchewer

Post Number: 999

Sunday, October 03, 2010 - 08:02 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week1 amendment

ooops sorry
Rags

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
FMG - Zone for...dennis_menace28 14-Oct-10  12:35 am
IDL - Industreahershy16 13-Oct-10  07:23 pm
2010,,,Sept Equinox to Dec Solstice Challenge week2peterloh46 13-Oct-10  04:24 am
OBLimmune10-Oct-10  10:58 pm
BKN- is my TA flawed?breaker_109-Oct-10  06:08 am
QBE breakout ?rdumas112 08-Oct-10  02:26 pm
AZM - Azumah Resources Limitedpeterloh08-Oct-10  12:22 pm
Beach Energy Limited - BPTrdumas12 07-Oct-10  02:46 pm
LOM - Lonrho Mining Limiteddennis_menace03-Oct-10  12:06 pm
PRYmaittlen01-Oct-10  07:25 pm
DJS - longjaded12 29-Sep-10  09:02 am
HIG -Old Timer Chart looking goodpeterloh28-Sep-10  02:58 pm
2010...June Solstice to Dec Equinox Challenge week 14stampy34 27-Sep-10  06:43 pm
Sherwin Iron- SHDjaded26-Sep-10  10:24 am

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»