You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

US Stocks 15-minute delayed

SAR

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through April 03, 2011 » SAR

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
insomniac
Username: insomniac

Post Number: 219

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, September 17, 2010 - 09:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Looking good.

Based on the Steinweinweinstein theory the triple higher highs and higher lows along with the reverse head and shoulders with a double pike, triple twist and TAZ set up means that I will down at Brighton BMW in October looking at an M3. If however, October, being the worst month historically, lives up to it's reputation, I may find myself in Ringwood at Car City looking at a 1998 Toyota Camry, at which time I will slit my wrists.

I know dennis the menace is on AZM but what about the rest of you?

The weekly competition needs a daily update of where the entrants stand. Some of us are too old to bother trying to work it out in our heads or setting up watch lists each week. I am not too old by the way.

GGE - too late! Maybe not.

ps. I hold SAR, AZM & GGE but I am in not suggesting you buy them.

Regards,

John

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3839

Tuesday, September 28, 2010 - 02:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi John,

SAR came up on my scan today. Although I am not a Weinstein expert, I do follow his broad principles. I am 100% with you on this one. A similar one I picked recently is SEA and it went up 15% today. This one has a better than even chance of doing that. I am willing to have a go on this one. DYOR and Caveat Emptor.
I have another angle at looking at it and SAR is going along a NE channel nicely.

Cheers and Good Luck

Peter

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 3849

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 01:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John,

After watching AZM for 2 weeks, I have now decided to give it ago, with a stop loss at 55c, at your invitation!!.AZM bounce off 58.5c, that is the support level I was looking for. Hopefully this reverse will continue upwards.I do not know whether Dennis still has this one, but the 2 weeks wait, I think, I hope is worth it.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 267

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 02:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey pete I had it and sold today things just didnt look that good I thought .65 was resistance to many red candles and a fat finger on the 28th
but I did buy MHM on the 28th for .54

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

peterloh

Post Number: 3850

Friday, October 01, 2010 - 03:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker,

MHM, a good selection.

I was watching AZM on the 28th, it went down to 56.5c before good support and buyers came in and AZM closed at 63.5c on that day. You are right 65c was on the first support level, I choose 59c where the first dominant candle appear. I prefer to buy it on the pull back or the retrace to retest support. With John and Dennis in it this one may have a better chance of coming off for me, also it is retesting support at this level.

I hope this will lend support to the Weinstein's model(lol).

insomniac

Post Number: 220

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 07:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good luck Peter,

Please feel free to start a new thread. I was a little under the weather i.e. smashed when I wrote the first posting. The words were not meant to be taken seriously but the chart (SAR) was.

Closed at 0.66 today which is near the top of your channel.

Regards,

peterloh

Post Number: 3856

Monday, October 04, 2010 - 08:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello John,

I have redrawn the chart and this is how I see SAR after today.Hope you feel better now. Also after looking at your invite, I hope on the AZM wagon on Friday. I am sure it will pay off in due course. How are you travelling towards Brighton BMW? I am sure you are a long way away from the 1998 Toyota Camry.

peterloh

Post Number: 3872

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 12:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaker/Insomniac,

I have to jump off AZM for the time being, look like this one is all set up to go again. I heed John's hidden warning and jumped off at 65c. It went down all the way to 59.5 before bouncing back. It look like the rising 3 is in tune and in time. I favour the BMW going for SAR rather than the Camery (no disrespect intended), in real life I just bought an Aurion Presara, very comfortable indeed.I am looking forward to another comfortable ride with John, that is, if he hasn't got off the train.

Cheers,

Peter

peterloh

Post Number: 3873

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 12:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John,

I favour the new chart drawn with the new channel on SAR.

Cheers,

Peter

insomniac

Post Number: 221

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 07:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter,

I agree with all of your observations. AZM looks ugly - needs a good announcement. SAR looks good - hold.

You probably wont believe me but I bought some SEH on Wednesday for my son @ $0.038. He is so lucky.

Regards,

insomniac

Post Number: 222

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 07:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter,

Have a look at CUE, CPL & BPH. Let me know what you think.

Regards,

peterloh

Post Number: 3880

Friday, October 08, 2010 - 11:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charts look ok, John. Will look into it a bit more, when I am back on my computer. AZM, the captain would say, too many dark clouds. But I did pick the recent bottom and sold just before the retrace. The game is not over with this one yet, there is a certain pattern with AZM.Meanwhile may even develop into a head and shoulder.

Cheers,

Peter

peterloh

Post Number: 3894

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 - 03:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

John,

SAR should be resuming its NE movement from here.IMHO

I like CUE and CPL. BPH, I am not in that deep end of the market and have no opinion. Probably it is a trader's share.

peterloh

Post Number: 3930

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 10:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi John,

Management of SAR will have to look over their shoulders from here on.Yesterday Kingsgate Consolidated made a bid for DOM at 33% premium over its SP. This activity will bring Kingsgate Consolidated closer to become a mid tier producer. The total production will become 300,000ozs still 200,000 short of its target of 500,000ozs. After the takeover of Lihir Gold by Newcrest, there is no mid-tier gold producer. SAR produces 120,000 oz per annum and has a profit margin of 50% after production cost. Prior to the plan acquisition of DOM, Kingsgate has planned a series of moves to achieve this objective. The time is opportune as the recent SP weakness provides an opportunity for Kinsgate to put their plan into effect.IMHO and bought a few more SARs this morning.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1074

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 11:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hope you are right, Peter as I bought a few yesterday morning at 57c basis TAZ No.3 set-up the day before. However, I am pre-empting(hopeful)that price confirmation will either get above 62c or we get a bigger volume than yesterday's and price above 59.5c either today or tomorrow.

Why did I enter before confirmation; well I liked the bounce from the triple trend support at 56c(2 x trendlines plus 0.382% retrace)with greater volume than the set-up day and an outside range day to boot! One 'warning' sign(Williams%R14) is that we had broken its 'dominant' uptrend support about a week ago which may mean we will see a bit of 'sideway's' action first. Therefore, I'll be 'out of here' is SAR closes below 52c!

Looking ahead, I see that we have another leg up(E.W.) to may be complete a 5-wave move up from the July swing low that at minimum should see a test of the recent highs(say 66.5c - 70c.

Cheers
Dolphin

ken
Username: ken

Post Number: 701

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 12:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Dolphin,

I am interested in what limits you put on your system, as regards the latest full day of SAR being entirely below the 30ema, which I thought would exclude it from the system.

Could you explain in detail under what circumstances or at what stage of the setup the price has to be between the 10SMA upper and 30EMA lower ema's of the system please?

gdd3

Post Number: 1076

Thursday, October 21, 2010 - 01:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ken,

I am interested in what limits you put on your system

{I think I have covered my interpretation and goals of my modified(for Auusie pennies) quite well in many postings on this thread in the past but if you want more info I suggest you 'visit' the TAZ Road map sub-thread.

the latest full day of SAR being entirely below the 30ema, which I thought would exclude it from the system..

Ken, I don't exclusively base all my trades on TAZ alone, my version or Craig's version of TAZ, and I would be fool to do so. having said that, it has become a primary 'entry' tool and some times an exit tool. With regard to my SAR entry yesterday I think I clearly outlined why I decided to enter her at 57c. I also thought I had explained the 'cautions' I had noted by using, I admit, some of the TAZ(mine and Craig's)tools. One neglect, as you pointed out was yesterday's candle being entirely below the 30EMA. However, the fact that the day's volume was higher than the set-up day's vol, plus it was a +ve outside range day, comforted me. When this happens(ie price action falls in between the 30EMA and 150EMA I often check the weekly chart for Wkly TAZ set-up potential/possiblities. If You check that, you will see we may have a 'rising-three' potential under way(next week may be).

Could you explain in detail under what circumstances or at what stage of the setup the price has to be between the 10SMA upper and 30EMA lower ema's of the system please?

Again, check out the TAZ Road map sub-thread as I'm sure you will find a satisfactory answer there.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Dolphin

}

peterloh

Post Number: 3935

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 11:41 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin,

I try to get a few more at 56c this morning, not quite successful and end up paying at 58c just then.Market depth on the sell side for 59c was also down considerably. Interesting observing market depth, this morning.

Cheers,

Peter

peterloh

Post Number: 3937

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 01:02 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The weekly chart shows that SAR returned to test the breakout level but never quite got there. In candlestick analysis, this indicates the bullishness of the SP of SAR.
It looks like at this level there are many buyers coming in and there are less sellers around.

gdd3

Post Number: 1082

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 01:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

In sync, Peter as your chart above shows what I was referring to my comment in my post above to Ken...

"When this happens(ie price action falls in between the 30EMA and 150EMA(on daily) I often check the weekly chart for Wkly TAZ set-up potential/possiblities. If You check that, you will see we may have a 'rising-three' potential under way(next week may be)."

Dolphin}}

baysider
Username: baysider

Post Number: 460

Friday, October 22, 2010 - 03:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello chaps

56c looks pretty good support to me so I've joined you late today at 58c - stop loss at 55c. Using closing prices 56c is exactly the .38.2% fib level of the rise from July 22nd to give added support. Add in oversold and fingers crossed we get a nice rise.

peterloh

Post Number: 3940

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 01:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tim, well come aboard. I am sure you will enjoy this ride.
The set up is perfect now, whilst we were a couple of days early, I don't mind paying a couple of cents more just to get on.

Cheers,

Peter

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 9ehmu46 29-Nov-10  03:51 am
FAR ...Far Ltdgdd325-Nov-10  12:09 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 8p3t334 20-Nov-10  01:22 pm
Where Is Everyone?stampy18-Nov-10  03:26 pm
CRC - Cortona Resjimmyswell13-Nov-10  12:20 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 7p3t364 13-Nov-10  11:34 am
NCM and the HUIarcher09-Nov-10  09:24 pm
ADU - Adamus Resources Limiteddennis_menace09-Nov-10  01:22 pm
NUFstelty13 08-Nov-10  10:16 am
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge week 6p3t360 06-Nov-10  04:06 pm