You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2010...Sept to Dec Challenge week 5

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through April 03, 2011 » 2010...Sept to Dec Challenge week 5

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 404

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 04:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Sept Equinox to December Solstice Challenge ".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on the week of Sept 22nd and run till December 22nd over a period of 13 weeks.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

rockon

Post Number: 405

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 04:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon BYR L

Support at 14 with maybee a safety net at 13. Volume on Fri. could have been a bit lower though.

P.S....I don't see any reason to drift away from the current "stop" rule. This isn't a day trading comp.We have been down that road before and eventually lost 95% of the competitors.The "next days' open" rule keeps a level playing field and is fair to all.
Also, I don't think we should be worrying about volumes etc. for exits and the like.Picks are entered at opening price regardless of volume and exits should be the same.I feel again that we are starting to head down a bumpy road.Cheers.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1092

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 01:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rockon,

I think you have made a valid point about the vols(no consideration is given to vol. amounts at the entry or at Friday's close) at present so I withdraw that suggestion.

However, if RAGS sees no issues with scorecard management, I still think that those who wish to place a 'profit or loss' stop target at the time of entry, or even at the end of any day(similar to now)for the up and coming day(s), is not going to reduce the numbers or turn this into a Daytrader's Realm....simply because only a couple of existing participants have used the current 'exiting earlier' option with the large majority choosing to 'stick it out' until Friday's close. Besides, I thought the option of allowing contestants to place a conditional stop order(especially at the time of entry)would be of benefit to those who don't have time to access their computers during the day or week etc....it may even help develop their trading strategies!

Cheers
Dolphin

p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 60

Saturday, October 23, 2010 - 03:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3 - AVB Long Continuous

AVB1

Currently still under selling pressure, but volume continues to shrink. Reaching oversold on the stochastic. Support looks like 0.13 otherwise 0.09 comes into play. If results at Rio Verde are as good as they look there should be some long-term patient capital looking closely at this one.

AVB2

Insiders who bought in big time on the way up have only realised part of their holdings. Shrinking volume is apparent.

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 1021

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 07:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3T3, you can only use long continuos if your already holding the position from the previous week ie continuos,,,which then enables you to have Fridays close as your open for the week,,however you can have AVB long.

Welcome to the comp and thank you for showing interest in helping out with the daily recordings i'm sure the group will appreciate having a regular update over my spasmodic efforts.

I agree with Rockon ,,its not broken lets not try fix it and create a mess like last time.
---------------------------------------------

Ragchewer PPP chart pending
Rags

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4230

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 08:23 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Long HGO. I'll keep it simple for the score keepers and just accept the Friday close. Thanks to Dolphin I actually used this is as my very first penny dreadful trade not long ago and made a nice short term profit so I thought that I would 'go to the watering hole' once again. Not with real money this time as I expect the market to have a downer this week.

The stock bounced near the LBB on a slightly increased volume and is within a gnat's dingwhisker of using the 50 day SMA as a support. The W%R indicator is getting very close to a buy signal so I will give it a go. I don't like the falling 20 and 150 day SMAs but will see what happens.

I also note that since the 20th September it looks like we've had a 3 wave corrective move and could be ready for another move up.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 548

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 10:32 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth DYL L

DYL has been forming a head & shoulders (blue dashed line) reversal since the beginning of this year with some strong volume in recent weeks. Action since end July has also formed a cup & handle (blue dotted line) with tgt around 25c though there’s some strong resistance ahead at 23c. Tgt from h&s is the 30-32c area which is the next level of resistance.

DYL dly

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 192

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 10:54 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky Phil BMN L

BMN moved above resistance and 150DMA on Friday on increased volume. Weekly chart indicates possible uptrend channel forming after completing a double bottom. Potential move to circa 0.90 - time will tell.

Good luck all for the coming week
Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

ragchewer

Post Number: 1022

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 11:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags PPP chart

looking for a move through 20c
Rags

stelty
Username: stelty

Post Number: 2

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 11:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi everyone, my first pick in your comp is SRZ. I like the breakout through 13c on solid volume. There has been a pull-back to .38 fib and also the ema's add to the support. Breakout of 20c could see it move to next significant resistant level at 31c.

SRZ Chart

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 136

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 12:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Az THX L. Well Jaded, maybe this week?. Finished on its weekly low on friday and has rebounded from here before after filling the gap created when red bore was first announced. If it goes any lower than this I will probably put in another 5k.

THX

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

azworkinit

Post Number: 137

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 12:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh, and thankyou Espresso for posting the RMS chart last week. I appreciate the gesture when I cannot access charts while away from home. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

p3t3

Post Number: 61

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 02:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ragchewer wrote on Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 07:18 am:

Hi P3T3, you can only use long continuous if you're already holding the position from the previous week i.e. continuous,,,which then enables you to have Fridays close as your open for the week,,however you can have AVB long.

Welcome to the comp and thank you for showing interest in helping out with the daily recordings

Thanks Rags

....for the guidance and encouragement regarding record keeping.

The "LC" was intended to be advanced notice for the coming Friday, so that another notification before Friday's close was not necessary.

However, I'll modify to "L" since the position should be reassessed at week's end anyway. If price has dropped below 0.13 support and is headed for 0.09 it might be better to take Friday's close and re-establish at the following Monday's open.

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 988

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 05:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace BUL

hoping a double bottom might come into play

cheers

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 436

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 05:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell IAU L
i
I'm hoping for a repeat of the pattern that occurred the last week of sept. A few weeks growth, then a flat period of consolidation, then another surge. We've just had the flat spot, so $2 here we come!

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 375

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 09:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded THX L

I'm unaware of any 'rule' that two contestants can't have the same 'entry' so if you wish to 'assume' that I am 'playing' on azwokkies coat tails?
well i doubt azwok has ever even worn a coat[other than Weddings or Funerals]

I have worn a coat.It was part of a hand tailored suit.admittedly back in d'1970's.

Anyway my money is down on THX.
Yes it's a double Bot and d'Target[with some required action] targets 80's+.

Recoup losses on last week's pick.
That's d'jr GO.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 68

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 09:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, AOH, L

They say things come in threes, well I'm hoping AOH will perform like CSD and MGO as it seems to show the similar trading patterms on its way up in its trading channel. A serieis of pennant continuations patterns is clear and on Friday AOH tried to make a breakout of the present one. May be I'm a day late or two with AOH but if it can break again above 29c I hoping to see something like 34c by the end of the week.

Ihave to admit I was very lucky last week with MGO because of its strong move on Friday saving my bacon but, RAGS, I like the idea to allow placing a profit/loss stop order at the beginning of the week because I'm one who only gets some time on the home computer a few times a week and mostly outside market times.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 171

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 10:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,
Im sticking with BYR for another week as a matter of fact I may even bail out during the week. the weekly looks Ok but the daily could break fast the current support line, Im hoping it will bounce of that and continue to head North.
Not very convincing any way wednesday will be interesting.

Would you rather be right or happy?

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1095

Sunday, October 24, 2010 - 11:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, VMS, L

Had a couple of good trades out of this one so far this quarter and just may be she is about to provide another opportunity.

As I wrote in the TAZ thread on Friday...."Are we seeing TAZ No.5 set-up at the close today? Well, regardless, I think VMS looks like its in a low risk entry zone (plenty of chart support betx 52.5c - 49c) with potential reward back to the mid 60's and may be beyond(So I bought some right at stumps as I see the Rk/Rwd ratio = 1 : 3 min)."

From a TAZ perspective 3 of our 5 guideline rules are in place:

1)...Price action back in the "Zone"(between 10SMA and 30EMA).

2)...Price action at good support area(price horizontal and uptrend, oscillator dntrend line).

3)...Both Williams%R's at desirable 'oversold' areas.

All we need is a bounce over the next day or two that will take out set-up candle an have higher vols.

Have a safe week everyone!

Dolphin

P.S. 1)...Expresso, I like your BYR as she also came up on my TAZ scans also and will be watching it closely myself.

P.S. 2)...Stelty...welcome aboard; also like your SRZ(apart from lowish vol's)as she gave a confirmed TAZ entry also on Friday. Good luck/trading with her.

P.S. 3)...RAGS, if we were allowing the "stoploss/stop profit" feature I would place my stoploss at 48c and my stop profit at 66c!

(Message edited by gdd3 on October 24, 2010)

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 100

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 08:42 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie PLA long

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 248

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 08:51 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L GDO

Chart to follow

Have a good week all

regards
Stampy

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 97

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 08:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Cheers all .. CPL .. Chart to follow .. is it 10am yet ?

p3t3

Post Number: 63

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 04:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CPL chart:

CPL Coal Spur Mines

p3t3

Post Number: 65

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 04:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monday :

10 10 25

p3t3

Post Number: 66

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 04:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Exit AVB at tomorrow's open.

AVB was unable to catch a bid on an up day like today, and broke significant support at 0.13 .... I'll take my beating and exit at the open.

stampy

Post Number: 249

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 06:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Start of possible up trend??

Engulfing candle.

pull back to support maybe.

Taz style set up.

ken
Username: ken

Post Number: 704

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 09:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Colin,

Why in my emails of p3t3's posts do I get an icon in place of a chart saying "your chart here"?

espresso

Post Number: 172

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 10:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Ken

If you "jump to the post", you will be able to view the results.
Yes it also challenged me at first.
Cheers
George

p3t3

Post Number: 67

Monday, October 25, 2010 - 11:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ken wrote on Monday, October 25, 2010 - 09:49 pm:

Why in my emails of p3t3's posts do I get an icon in place of a chart saying "your chart here"?

Hello Ken

If it doesn't happen on every email it's likely my fault. At least a couple of times I've posted and immediately seen an error in the post. I then delete the post, correct the error and repost. If an email is sent out by from the original post there would no longer be an image at the end of the link in that email, hence the substitute icon.

I can only try to pick up errors before posting....will do what I can, but no guarantees of perfection.

ken
Username: ken

Post Number: 705

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 08:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pete,

It has happened to every chart since late last week - I have deleted the rest so don't know about them.

Ken

rdumas

Post Number: 4241

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 09:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ken/Pete,

I always get the same thing with your posts Pete but am not concerned because when I go to your actual post the chart or graphic is always there and readable. Perhaps Ken only raises the point from an academic perspective.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

p3t3

Post Number: 68

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 10:20 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ken wrote on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 08:37 am:

It has happened to every chart since late last week

rdumas wrote on Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 09:12 am:

I always get the same thing with your posts Pete

Hello Ken...and Rudy,

Hhmmmmmmm. That's odd, and I don't have an explanation. I've reset my preferences to receive notices of my own posts, to see if the same thing is happening for me.

There are different ways of doing uploads, I'll try experimenting a little.

Thanks for the feedback.

p3t3

Post Number: 69

Tuesday, October 26, 2010 - 03:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tuesday :

10 10 26

espresso

Post Number: 173

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 01:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi,

I would like to exist BYR on todays market close please.
TNX

p3t3

Post Number: 70

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 02:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

espresso wrote on Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 01:20 pm:

I would like to exit BYR on today's market close please.

Hello espresso

quote:

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

I think the rule makes tomorrow's open your exit price.

p3t3

Post Number: 71

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 - 03:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wednesday :

p3t3

Post Number: 72

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 03:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thursday :

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3943

Thursday, October 28, 2010 - 04:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh SAR LC

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

azworkinit

Post Number: 142

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 12:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Az, THX LC. Thanks.

stelty
Username: stelty

Post Number: 3

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 09:34 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can I keep my SRZ trade open as a "Long Continuous"
Thanx

rockon

Post Number: 406

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 01:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon BYR LC

Chart later.

Thanks to Rags & p3t3

ragchewer

Post Number: 1023

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 02:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragchewer going with PPP for another week please P3T3.

doing a great job P3T3,,,table looks fantastic.

such a relief for me to hand this over to you,,,school run now to get the kids,,,then its either run the eldest one to safeway so he can work or take the youngest one to sport often both in the one day.

will catch up on the weekly scoreboards over the weekend,,,looks like rain on the forecast here in Melb.

kind regards
Rags

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 101

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 02:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie PLA L thanks

stampy

Post Number: 250

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 02:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy LC GDO

I also shall stay on my pick for next week .

Have agood weekend all

Regards
stampy

p3t3

Post Number: 74

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 04:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday :

This is how it looks right now. Let me know if there's anything in need of adjustment.

p3t3

Post Number: 75

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 04:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ragchewer wrote on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 02:07 pm:

will catch up on the weekly scoreboards over the weekend

Thanks for the encouragement Rags. I'm currently doing some work on the scoreboards, I'll try to post tomorrow to show you what I'm up to.

p3t3

rdumas

Post Number: 4266

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 04:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

I pretty sure that all of the competitors really appreciate the effort you've put in and the results are excellent.

Cheers

Rudy

p3t3

Post Number: 76

Friday, October 29, 2010 - 04:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie wrote on Friday, October 29, 2010 - 02:40 pm:

grannie PLA L thanks

Hello Grannie

Since this was your existing entry and your post was in before Friday's close I've taken it that you intended the entry to be LC. That's how the table is currently configured. Let me know if any change is required.

p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 77

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 02:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Error Alert for Friday - in fact all week.

Open price for Peterloh's pick is incorrect, as Peterloh's pick is continuous from Week 4. For continuous picks the open price is the previous Friday's close, so that the weekly move is still measured but there is no penalty to the trade from any gap in the Monday's open.

The opening price previously shown was for the open for the Monday of the week before last (i.e. the price at the start of the trade), not the close on the Friday.

I hope all that's clear....or clear enough.

Updated table :

If any further errors are detected please let me know.

Thanks
p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 78

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 12:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If no further adjustments required the week's outcome looks like :

p3t3

Post Number: 82

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 10:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 5 Scoreboard :

p3t3

Post Number: 83

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 11:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A word on how the weekly "Result" is calculated for the Scoreboard, so that entrants can cross check their published outcomes:

The opening balance of the account (starting with the initial 5,000 cyber$) is divided by the opening price for the week's pick, and only the integer (whole number) part is used to calculate the weekly movement. The weekly movement is the difference between the closing and opening prices, then multiplied by the number of shares calculated above.

The only complication is that "Long" picks have Monday's open while "Long Continuous" picks have Friday's close as their open. Similarly Exchange Suspensions are treated as "Long Continuous" until trading resumes, whereupon the Tipster can exit on the following day's open in the usual manner.

Let me know if there are any "issues" with any of the above.

Thanks
p3t3

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
RRLbreaker_103-Dec-10  08:11 am
MLBivor02-Dec-10  01:59 pm
MOCivor02-Dec-10  01:48 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 9ehmu46 29-Nov-10  03:51 am
FAR ...Far Ltdgdd325-Nov-10  12:09 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 8p3t334 20-Nov-10  01:22 pm
Where Is Everyone?stampy18-Nov-10  03:26 pm
CRC - Cortona Resjimmyswell13-Nov-10  12:20 pm