You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

2010...Sept to Dec Challenge week 6

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through April 03, 2011 » 2010...Sept to Dec Challenge week 6

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 407

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 04:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Sept Equinox to December Solstice Challenge ".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on the week of Sept 22nd and run till December 22nd over a period of 13 weeks.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

rockon

Post Number: 408

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 04:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chart for BYR LC

Support at 14 was my reason for picking this one last week.That seems to be holding for now. Looking for a bounce towards 16 or an early exit.

P.S Might be time for some competitors who obviously haven't read the rules to do so.I know of one past competitor who would have been quick to protest, protest, protest over an breach of the rules. Good luck all.

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 287

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 03:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BAU
Have traded this in the past
Classic example of pullback after breakout

bol

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 79

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 03:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker_1 wrote on Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 03:25 pm:

BAU
Have traded this in the past

Hello Breaker_1

Pick says BAU. Chart is BOL.

Which one?

Thanks
p3t3

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 437

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 05:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JimmySwell EQN L
e
This week, I'm using the lower Bollinger Band Bounce indicator (shown as BBB on the chart).

Twice recently, June and late Aug, a BBB heralded a growth spurt.

Guess what? One appeared last Thu and also happened to be a doji - meant to sometimes indicate a change of direction. I dunno about anyone else, but I've found dojis to be a bit unreliable and don't hold a lot of store in them.

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 1024

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 08:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,,,,here's my LC chart for PPP,

Finding some minor support off an old minor resistance line with volume and price increasing.Six bars contained within in the range of one may have wound a spring.

Rags

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 175

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 09:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rockon, which rules are so obvious, that not all but only some obvious competitors have miss interpreted.
cheers

Would you rather be right or happy?

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 193

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 09:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky Phil LOM L

LOM Breakout from flag on better volume. Trading in a well established uptrend channel. Hopefully a move to around 7c.

Thanks P3t3 for fixing the chart posting issue and keeping us up to date. Good luck all for the coming week.

Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 1025

Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 10:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rockon,
As we all volunteer our own time here as we have the spare time to do so we also self police.I'm sure if something has been missed it's not intentional on anyone's part.

Please point out the error to save us digging through old posts and records to find it

kind regards
Rags

rockon

Post Number: 409

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 05:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

espresso....My suggestion was not aimed at you, but yes, more than one person mis-interpreted.

Rags....I agree with all you say. Seeing as this comp is mainly for educational purposes, and IMHO a bit of fun, I can't see why people can't police their own entries.If we were all playing for the chance to win an IC tee shirt , things might be different.Also, I along with everybody else doesn't expect anyone to sift through past posts looking for errors. IMO when one weeks comp has been tallied up, it's over.

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 549

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 05:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth COE

After a double bottom, COE has been consolidating above support forming a bullish wedge. MA30 is heading up and has crossed MA200. Big volume Friday indicating interest in COE again.

COEdly

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 288

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 08:32 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry I meant BOL

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 379

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 09:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded,THX,L

I'll take this along with Azwork.I know there's a 'convention' that the same share is not picked by two contestants but it isn't a Rule.
As I'm not trying to ride az's coat tails to Victory or using his POV to save me thinking up my own?well,just confirming I too hold THX and am expecting some 'action positive' on it any day.

Strangely news good came out on Thursday but the share went Down in response.
I see this as a 'symptom' of minimum shares on issue ie a seller who HAS to sell can find no Market Depth top bid to fill his 'need' thus wipes out a few lines and 'tightens' the bids into penny pinching.

Also THX is 'high' because of Copper.Sandfire nearology has brought in the new money/Fresh Meat.However these new holders aren't being fed anymore info about their specific interest which is Red Bore and aren't too interested in blessed Uranium.[Thursday's news]

Why?because uranium is really hard to mine,come into production compared to high grade Copper.Besides finding equal grade to Sandfire next door opens possibilities of Buy Out at top buck$$ without having to produce at big expense.

THX has considerable cash on hand for multi drilling programmes so will not be diluting/killing momentum soon with a bleeding Placement to d'danged Sophisticated so accumulating at this level is a good shot for us peasants/pilgrims to mammon.

cheers

ps-rockon really you should state what ya problem is,minor that it may be.Your line about contestant who would protest[x3] being 'guilty' of your perceived infringement only means me,gdd3 maybe palace
[seeing as cereal/surreal pest Captain Crunch no longer is involved.]

so was it double up entry,rockon?

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

p3t3

Post Number: 84

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 02:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded wrote on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:25 am:

-rockon really you should state what ya problem is

My impression is that Rockon was trying to emphasise that this comp is run as a co-op, so error checking is not really the sole responsibility of the scoreboard operator - everybody should be engaged in checking at least their own data, and in the past there have been other volunteers doing a broader level of independent scrutineering. If that means some newer entrants might need to more fully take on board the post which begins each week's stock-picking exercise then...so be it.

I'm not sure there was any more specific or targeted criticism intended.

p3t3

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 380

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 04:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon wrote on Saturday, October 30, 2010 - 05:52 am:

Might be time for some competitors who obviously haven't read the rules to do so.I know of one past competitor who would have been quick to protest, protest, protest over an breach of the rules. Good luck all.

this 'qualified' by this

rockon wrote on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 06:38 am:

I can't see why people can't police their own entries

p3t3 I was mistaken,misled.
apologies

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4272

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 04:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

I'll go long ADU. There appears to be some support just below this level and my W%R14 indicator suggests a buy at this time. As our previous tops were 70 cents and the UBB is at 69.45 cents I would like to set my sell at 69 cents if that's okay thanks.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

p3t3

Post Number: 86

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 04:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded wrote on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 05:04 pm:

apologies

No damage done, none required. All sunshine peace and love as far as I'm concerned.

p3t3

Post Number: 87

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 04:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 05:26 pm:

I would like to set my sell at 69 cents if that's okay thanks.

OK, Rudy

First request for a profit stop received thus far, so a bit of an experiment, but I see no problem at this stage.

Sell stops at the following day's open are easier to execute, but if intra-day profit stops aren't burdensome they could be considered for loss stops some time in the future as well. Most brokers can now accommodate these, for a fee, after all.

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 98

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 04:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whiteowl CMY Long
Hey Pete, thanks for doing my missing CPL chart last week and your great job on scorekeeping.
MAs White, Red, Yellow, Green for GO
Williams 3 and 14 Taz setup with Tazometer (circled) now Green with some Volume
Buy 7.5c Sloss at 7.0 Target1 8.9 Target2 11.5
Cheers all .. and this time a Chart !

p3t3

Post Number: 88

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 05:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whiteowl wrote on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 05:54 pm:

Buy 7.5c Sloss at 7.0 Target1 8.9 Target2 11.5

Hello WhiteOwl

Thanks for the entry.

At this stage I'll only accommodate one stop price, whether a profit or loss stop - otherwise the record keeping gets too cumbersome. Following day exits will be accommodated in the usual manner. Care to nominate one?

p3t3

Post Number: 89

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 05:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

To all other Tipsters

I'll offer the same accommodation offered to Rudy and WhiteOwl. For this week, on an experimental basis, you may nominate a single stop price, whether that is a profit stop or a loss stop. Stops previously unspecified can be nominated during the week for execution the following day.

No changes in stops except where an exit is requested for the following day's open, whereupon the following day's open becomes the stop price and is automatically executed.

How does that sound to everybody?

p3t3

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 69

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 07:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, AKM, L

I'm probably two day's late for entry in this competition to see a lot of upside this week but interest in AKM still seems very good. If a stop profit is on trial I will pick 38.5c please; a Fibonnacci target!

Enjoy you week and have a lucky bet on the Melbourne cup and buy some AKM with your winnings after.

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 251

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 08:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Same stock as lost week

same reasons only this time its even better.. I think. support line holding!!

only time will tell

Good luck all

Elizabeth.. just 1 week to late for the comp.. on AKM.. nice work.

Stampy

rockon

Post Number: 410

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 08:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded wrote on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:25 am:

ps-rockon really you should state what ya problem is,minor that it may be.Your line about contestant who would protest[x3] being 'guilty' of your perceived infringement only means me,gdd3 maybe palace
[seeing as cereal/surreal pest Captain Crunch no longer is involved.]

so was it double up entry,rockon?

It was in fact CC whom I was referring to.

Also, I don't think there is anything wrong with more than one person picking the same stock...I've done it myself as well as others.

Also, I didn't intend for my original post to get so much attention .As far as I know, there was no breach of rules in the previous weeks comp. Nor do I intend becoming a grinch in a largely friendly competition.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 176

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 08:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,

ARV Long please with a stop exit at .074 please.
Trading over the 30wk ema with supporting volume, MACD histogram is above the zero with the indicators heading apart and NE.
The daily chart concerns me as there are more red candles than green ones, and the volatility of the length of the candle is also a concern. However Iím prepared to take a risk.
So I have based my decision on the weekly chart, and included both log and Normal charts.
Iím also glad AKM has been picked up it was also a favourite, as I bought a parcel on Friday.
Good Luck. Great Job P3t3 and Many Thanks to Rags.

Would you rather be right or happy?

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 143

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 09:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Az THX cont, I can't post the chart, am at work, Will ride jaded's coattails on his chart. Agree with his analysis. I wasn't aware we were trialling a nominated exit. Can this be clarified before the open tomorrow?. I think people should show some interest more than once a week, after all it is more about interaction is it not?. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

p3t3

Post Number: 90

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

azworkinit wrote on Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:23 pm:

I wasn't aware we were trialling a nominated exit. Can this be clarified before the open tomorrow?

Hello Az

Thanks for the entry.

We weren't trialling a stop until Rudy asked for one on his trade Then I assessed the record keeping method I'm using which suggested that it could accommodate a single stop price with a minor modification. And without too much further time consumption. Not sure about the time take-up that will result, hence the "experimental basis". Not compulsory, but available if Tipsters want to avail themselves of it.

best of good luck to all
p3t3

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 99

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 10:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete
Sorry to confuse you or any others.
For CMY I said .. Buy 7.5c Sloss at 7.0 Target1 8.9 Target2 11.5
The comment was 'my own' RiskRewRatio thing I do when I see a chart
The comment was not intended to be a nominated 'comp' exit.
"Following day exits will be accommodated in the usual manner"
The existing forum rules are absolutely OK by me as they are
Have a great week all
Jeff

p3t3

Post Number: 91

Sunday, October 31, 2010 - 11:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3 BND L

Has bounced off support at 1.15 with spectacular volume increase. Should at least test old highs at 1.40

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1105

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, FAR, L

Looking for FAR to break above the 7.3c area then it will be a question of how FAR she can go! Nice high vol on friday but strangely low range; may be a 'cross' there somewhere. Still, I like the M/D B/S weighting.

Well done to my "Tazometer" mate Owl for last week's "Gold"; 1st one is alway's the hardest and therefore most 'treasured' but I'm sure many more to follow!

Cheers
Dolphin

rdumas

Post Number: 4273

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 06:30 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

Thanks for allowing a profit sell figure. If it turns out to be too much work for you though I'm happy enough to go with the Friday close as the sell. I'll leave it entirely up to you.

Cheers

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 989

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 08:33 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace PBD on a small break of the trendline and 10 cents

chart later

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

p3t3

Post Number: 92

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 07:30 am:

I'll leave it entirely up to you

OK Rudy

This week I only have three stop requests, so while they require manual inspection (my stock price table now includes daily highs/lows for comparison) the small number looks like only a minimal additional time cost. When that gets up to 24 or so and they start coming in during the week it might be a different story.

I haven't been able to think up a way to automate the process without considerably increasing the underlying complexity of the workbook. Just have to assess it over time, but for now, in the early stages, it looks manageable.

Cheers
p3t3

gdd3

Post Number: 1106

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey, Rudy(and ATTN...p3ts/RAGS),

CCPPP NEWS FLASH....HATE TO BE THE BEARER OF SAD NEWS! Your ADU potentially a nice pick for this week BUT UNFORTUNATELY I do believe your last week's pick, HGO, is still your valid "entry" for this week's competition as she was on a "TRADING HALT" all day Friday and according to the "rule"...

"An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading."

...so , therefore, you have to 'carry on' with her this week with an entry price as of Thursday's closing price(also Friday's scorecard price). Probably unfortunate also as today's opening price for HGO may well be near the low for the week but if so that should be AOK as it MAY get back to 30c and above come Friday(or before).

Don't worry, Rudy, I was in the 'same boat' just a few week's back and D'jaded' pointed our a 'invalid' entry for me sort of under the same circumstances.

Back to the more 'serious' stuff!

Cheers
Dolphin }}

(Message edited by gdd3 on November 01, 2010)

rdumas

Post Number: 4277

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problems Dolphin. I can cop a paper loss

gdd3

Post Number: 1107

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 12:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not even a "paper loss" yet, Rudy...HGO still may 'surprise' ...and you have a whole week to devise a strategy!

IS ANYONE ELSE HAVING TO CONTINUALLY RE-ENTER THEIR USERNAME/PASSWORD
INFO EVERY TIME THEY POST A MESSAGE TODAY?

Dolphin}}}

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 252

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 01:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes

Trader name and password seem required on each post .

Stampy

rdumas

Post Number: 4281

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 04:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

If I stay in it does that mean the loss just carries across into this week so it is equivalent to it being a continuous trade? If so I may as well just leave things as they are.

p3t3

Post Number: 95

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 04:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monday - Yet another correction, sorry. Seems I overwrote the opens for the Continuous trades. Corrected table:

Rudy...HGO is now out of Trading Halt so you may choose to exit or set a stop if you choose.

Dolphin - thanks for the heads-up on the Trading Halt, I confess it got past me.

p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 96

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 04:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Monday, November 01, 2010 - 05:05 pm:

If I stay in it does that mean the loss just carries across into this week so it is equivalent to it being a continuous trade?

Hello Rudy

Last week's movement was calculated to Thursday's close, the beginning of the Halt. You are in this week as a normal "Long" trade with last Thursday's close as your open. The trade can now be managed as a normal "Long" trade.

Hope that helps

p3t3

rdumas

Post Number: 4282

Monday, November 01, 2010 - 04:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

I will leave things as they are.

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 990

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 10:16 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chart for my pick PBD

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3945

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 10:39 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

MACD and MACD histogram starting to turn up for SAR. However still hanging on to lower channel. A move to mid or top of channel will bring gratifying results.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

p3t3

Post Number: 97

Tuesday, November 02, 2010 - 04:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tuesday :

I hope people got a return on Americain.....though I admit I did not.

stelty
Username: stelty

Post Number: 4

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 10:06 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3, can I exit my position on SRZ today please.

p3t3

Post Number: 98

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 02:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

stelty wrote on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 11:06 am:

p3t3, can I exit my position on SRZ today please

Yep, sho' thing Stelty. You haven't nominated a stop, so your exit will be tomorrow's open. Let me know if you want to modify that.

p3t3

rdumas

Post Number: 4283

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 02:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

I would like to exit my position in HGO too Pete. Could I do it at today's close? If that is against the rules then I'll accept tomorrow's open however my preference is the former.

stelty
Username: stelty

Post Number: 5

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 02:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tomorrows open will be fine p3t3.

Your doing a great job

Thanx

p3t3

Post Number: 99

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 02:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 03:39 pm:

Could I do it at today's close?

Hello Rudy

Not really in the rules, but you could nominate the current price of 0.27 as your stop and that would get you out pretty close to your desired exit price.

p3t3

rdumas

Post Number: 4285

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 02:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

I accept that offer.....$0.27 it is then. Someone has to be at the bottom of the ladder.

p3t3

Post Number: 100

Wednesday, November 03, 2010 - 04:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wednesday :

You're out at 0.27 Rudy, but you've just missed out on the bottom of the table. Stelty will be out on tomorrow's open.

p3t3

Post Number: 101

Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 04:05 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WhiteOwl has been in touch by PM to point out I'd got the open for LC trade SRZ wrong - Friday close was .18, open showing as .16 Yep, absolutely right and thanks to WhiteOwl for doing the checking.

A follow-up recheck of the other LC trades showed errors in PLA (s/be .66 not .655) BYR (s/be .145 not .15) SAR (s/be .61 not .575) and THX (s/be .675 not .67)

Apologies to all those affected. Adjusted table below:

p3t3

Post Number: 102

Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 03:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thursday :

Espresso...your loss stop has been activated. Congrats to Rockon for the amazing move by BYR, which was also offered by Dolphin in the TAZ thread just yesterday. Great call guys. Stelty's exit was a very nice call too - well done.

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3946

Thursday, November 04, 2010 - 04:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh SAR LC

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

rdumas

Post Number: 4291

Friday, November 05, 2010 - 01:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Dolphin,

Did you happen to notice what my selection ADU did since Monday. I had put in a profit sell at $0.69 which it hit today. Instead I had to go on with my trading halt HGO instead.

Lucky for me that real life scenarios work out better than that.

gdd3

Post Number: 1113

Friday, November 05, 2010 - 02:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, nice pick, Rudy....I feel real bad about 'dem' rules! ADU, truly was a great little TAZ set-up trade from 61c. Alas, I had to pass her by(other commitments) but I would be surprised if 69c if the best she can do from this signal even though a bit of daytraders 'profit-taking' going on today.

I'm still kickin' myself for forgetting to take up p3t3's trial offer this week of a 'profit stop' as would you believe my target for FAR was 9.4c and thats exactly where she got to on Tuesday. Real mad I didn't lock in a good profit for the week in this comp'n at Wed. opening...could/should have 24%+ to my coffers! And now look where FAR has drifted back too...6.9c...BUT hang on a minute, she's giving me another(potential) TAZ set-up ...

SO P3T3, CAN I GO LC ON FAR FOR NEXT WEEK PLS?

Better luck next week...to both of us!

Cheers
Dolphin

}}

gdd3

Post Number: 1114

Friday, November 05, 2010 - 02:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, FAR, LC

....in case you(p3t3) missed my message above!

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 144

Friday, November 05, 2010 - 04:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AZ THX LC. Thnx and a good job being done by p3t3 and others with the comp. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

p3t3

Post Number: 103

Friday, November 05, 2010 - 04:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

azworkinit wrote on Friday, November 05, 2010 - 05:09 pm:

AZ THX LC

Hello Az

Thanks for the encouragement, but I'm afraid you've missed the deadline for LC, as your post came in at 5:09 pm:

quote:

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

I'll put you in for L for the coming week though, unless you instruct me otherwise.

Friday :

Astounding outcome on BYR for Rockon. SRZ for Stelty and EQN for JimmySwell were certainly worthy runners up.

p3t3

Post Number: 105

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 04:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Weekly result:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 10gdd339 07-Dec-10  12:07 am
RRLbreaker_103-Dec-10  08:11 am
MLBivor02-Dec-10  01:59 pm
MOCivor02-Dec-10  01:48 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 9ehmu46 29-Nov-10  03:51 am
FAR ...Far Ltdgdd325-Nov-10  12:09 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 8p3t334 20-Nov-10  01:22 pm
Where Is Everyone?stampy18-Nov-10  03:26 pm
CRC - Cortona Resjimmyswell13-Nov-10  12:20 pm