You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

TSX Stocks 15-minute delayed

2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 7

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through April 03, 2011 » 2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 7

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 411

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 04:44 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Sept Equinox to December Solstice Challenge ".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on the week of Sept 22nd and run till December 22nd over a period of 13 weeks.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

rockon

Post Number: 412

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 04:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon GTE L

A reasonable rise on friday with better volume than the past week or so. A break through S/T resistance at .46 will put it in good stead to complete the cup pattern which is forming, unless the punters only want half a cup this week.

stelty
Username: stelty

Post Number: 6

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 12:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very hard to find something that hasn't moved too hard too fast. So my pick this week is CCC. It has a recent pullback to the 50% level, the long tail down to the 61.8% fib is very bullish. Holding above the 65 ema adds weight to further upside. Fundamentally this stock is very undervalued, but is this the week it takes off? heres hoping

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4293

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 02:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Long continuous NWS

This is one that I will actually be putting money on within the next week. The daily chart doesn't show it but various time frame intraday charts have the W%R and BB's showing that a bottom is close at hand. It is probably about a week too early but I'll make it continuous and thereby let it run.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 177

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 02:52 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

But long please

Would you rather be right or happy?

p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 104

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 03:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Relayed message received by PM from Espresso :

I'm having problems uploading my comments on to the IC forum for week7. In my case maybe that's a good thing.
would you mind if I relay via this channel. apologise for the inconvenience.

Hi All,
First of all WELL DONE Rockon with your pick, I should have been a little more patient, and read my own rules -

7. don't let emotions overrule your brain.
9. don't change horse in mid stream.

And for my own pick sadly I did say "The daily chart concerns me as there are more red candles than green ones, and the volatility of the length of the candle is also a concern. However I'm prepared to take a risk." BUT I didn't expect to get hit by a tsunami.

Anyway here we go again.
for week7 I'll take : espresso, BUT for L please

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 440

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 05:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell BSR L
b
Senegalese gold is BSR's thing.
Bassari Resources' website has a recent pdf announcement showing a photo of a 2.4k blob, which is their first gold pour. A thing to make any investor glad.

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 1026

Saturday, November 06, 2010 - 08:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P3T3 ,,,doing a great job Sir.

Ragchewer QMN L

BollingerBands compressed and the cork popped north with volume,,,now observing the typical rest period before resuming northward bound (fingers crossed).

Rags

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 194

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 10:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky Phil DML L

DML looks to have respected the lower trend channel and moving higher again on improved volume in blue sky (just). Target 1.60'll do me.

Good luck all for the coming week.

Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 551

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 11:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth PEM L

PEM broke out of a bullish wedge consolidation on Friday on good volume. Long term MAs showing strengthening uptrend.

PEM dly

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 381

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 04:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded SHD L

this has been consolidating for months.FA is that it has taken over ex BHP Iron Ore Tenenements from the 50s/60's.
No Infrastructure [rail and port] in Nth Terr then and BHP dumped them for the Pialba.
SHD tenements should have 100's of tonnes of DSO[direct shipping ore] currently it's just jorcing these up.

Anyway,one day Market Attention will shine on SHD and Iron Ore again.I have 'accumulated' a long term position some to trade 'n' some to hold.
it could do say 50cents whenever anything 'respectable' gives it a sniff/tip.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 145

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 05:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Az, LYC.L. This one is pretty volatile at the moment but I think it will find support in the high 1.20s. Has a small gap from early september to fill at 1.06, though it won't go there. Has formed a head and shoulders, and though early days in that, would expect at least 10% for the week. This week THX will go nuts, as we have neglected her in her time of need. Rgds Az.

LYC

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 60

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 10:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eagle - SRL - back at recent peak - strong candle at end of last week - will volume to take it to a new high?

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 70

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 11:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, DYL, L

DYL has played out a reversed Head & Shoulders over the past 8 months and broke above its neckline 2 weeks ago. The last 4 weeks action has been a 2/3 day thrust forward followed by a 3/4 day consolidation before the next thrust up. I'm hoping that after another 1/2 day's consolidation here we will see another strong upthrust ultimately heading towards its H&S minimum move near 35c.

Well done to Rockon for a great pick last week; that is going to be hard to beat but I will try!

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3948

Sunday, November 07, 2010 - 11:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh SAR LC

Just starting to look good.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 100

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 12:13 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whiteowl, NTU, L
Rockon Stelty Jimmy congrats and hope you made some real$ to boot
NTU Taz W3/14 setup OK, All MAs in place
Good structural support at 35 ish
Hey Rudi .. your EW postings have got me thinking ..
Is this a W4 abc unfolding ? .. or should I read a lot more ?
Regardless good fortune over the coming weeks
Cheers
Owl

rockon

Post Number: 413

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 04:48 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks to all who have congratted for the BYR win. Almost used p3's trial stop at .18 as I thought a cup/ cup & handle might be forming. Also had some favourable drilling results which took ( I think ) even shareholders by surprise. So all in all, a good deal of good luck rather than entirely spot on analysis.Cheers.

(Message edited by rockon on November 08, 2010)

rdumas

Post Number: 4294

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 07:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Whiteowl,

I'll respond to your EW question on the EWW thread so that we keep the primary purpose and functioning of this thread as is.

Cheers

Rudy

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 257

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 07:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L GDO

I'll try one more time

Chart to follow.

Good luck All , Well done Rockon

Stampy

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 289

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 07:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

QUB which Im in as off FRI
Has broken out and retraced
EMAs all pointing in the same direction

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 102

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 10:15 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

missed the deadline but for interest continue with PLA

grannieT

p3t3

Post Number: 107

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 03:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie wrote on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 11:15 am:

missed the deadline but....

Hello Grannie

No provision in the rules for missed deadline....but....

....what do people think of allowing a Tuesday's open entry point for anybody wanting to make a delayed start to the week?

p3t3

rdumas

Post Number: 4298

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 03:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problems from me Pete. You are the one having to manage the spreadsheet so I would think that if it doesn't bother you .........

stelty

Post Number: 8

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 03:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No problem here

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1120

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 04:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Can I 'cancel' my LC on Friday for FAR and 'substitute' it with tomorrow morning's opening price, please?....No, better still, make that Wednesday's opening price!

Sorry, p3t3, I think you will be 'opening a can of worms' by setting a precedent here. What would stop another competitor who 'stood on the sidelines or missed the deadline this week, after tonight's 300point thumping on the DOW, nominating an entry for tomorrow's opening; would this be fair to all the other competitors who have correctly entered by this Monday morning's 'deadline'. Besides, I really don't think Grannie was expecting/meaning to have her late nominated PLA to be included this week, right!

Good luck with PLA, Grannie....for next week may be?

Cheers
Dolphin

p3t3

Post Number: 108

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 05:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 05:31 pm:

Sorry, p3t3, I think you will be 'opening a can of worms' by setting a precedent here.

That might well be so Dolphin...

...and as this is a co-op one strong negative opinion might well be enough to serve as a veto, unless a greater number are strongly in favour of any change. The "owners" of this co-op have been running this show for a whole lot longer than I've been record-keeping, after all.

That said I'm not sure your example of cancelling a previous entry after a day's trading is necessarily valid - the day's price action for a considered entry could be positive or negative... i.e. a days gains could have been lost as easily as a day's loss avoided.

The point about an overnight change in the global trading environment is certainly valid, and earlier entries could well be disadvantaged.

For today's results - no variation from the above rules means Grannie does not have an entry for the week, but discussion can remain open.

p3t3

jimmyswell

Post Number: 442

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 05:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The whole nature of this comp has always been a weekly prediction, starting on Monday and finishing on Friday.

For me, I like the discipline of having to make a selection over the weekend and stick it out until close-of-play Fri.

I look for different signals then I would in a monthly or yearly comp.

Being able to dive in on a Tue or Wed or Thu just makes life more complicated than it needs to be.

p3t3

Post Number: 109

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 05:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monday :

Grannie missed the deadline, Palace didn't offer an entry and my results have been so bad that I've headed for the sidelines to reassess - as I normally do in response to a losing streak.

Hence a shorter entry list this week.

p3t3

Post Number: 110

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 05:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell wrote on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 06:37 pm:

Being able to dive in on a Tue or Wed or Thu just makes life more complicated than it needs to be.

Thanks for the input jimmyswell.

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 258

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 07:02 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

3 week in a row..
the reasons really haven't changed.

third times a charm.... maybe.
It has the word gold in its name.. thats got be worth something!!

Good luck all

Stampy

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 103

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 07:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi

Thanks for the support but I do agree with Dolphin.

When I wrote but ... I meant to let you know that I was still interested and following your progress, would monitor my position. Obviously clumsily put.

Good luck all
grannieT

p3t3

Post Number: 111

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 08:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie wrote on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 08:25 pm:

I meant to let you know that I was still interested and following your progress, would monitor my position.

Thanks for clarification grannie. Appreciated.

p3t3

azworkinit

Post Number: 146

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 09:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I must agree, If it ain't broke don't fix it. Your doing a good job P3T3. Lets hope my LYC comes good soon, or i'll ruin my consistent "no profit,no loss record" for this series. Thnx again, Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

espresso

Post Number: 178

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 10:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Has the focus been changed from the original suggestion??
my understanding it was to be able to submit your entry if for some reason you weren’t able to submit by 10am Monday.
considering they are only suggestions that have been put on the table, and as a co-op we are all open minded enough to fine tune them to suit if agreeable.
So would a cut of at 12.00 noon on a Monday be more complementary for those that for some reason are unable to submit by the current dead line.

p3t3

Post Number: 112

Monday, November 08, 2010 - 11:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

espresso wrote on Monday, November 08, 2010 - 11:09 pm:

Has the focus been changed....?

Hello espresso

So far it looks like the weight of opinion is for no change in the original rules.

That outcome would certainly obey the KISS (Keep It Simple....) principle - a principle which has the merit of having stood the test of time.

rockon

Post Number: 414

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 04:27 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3 wrote on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 12:19 am:

That outcome would certainly obey the KISS (Keep It Simple....) principle

As rags has demonstrated, while doing an excellent job of things, he simply did not have the time to spend on the daily workings of this comp due to work and/ or private commitments.

Eventually, p3t3, you will have to, for one reason or another, pass the batton and if the bookwork is too deep, recipients may be thin on the ground. Many, including myself, have not got the nouse to fiddle with spreadsheets nor the time to keep up with the general running of things.

The big difference I see in these proposed ( ? ) changes to the rules is that a division will occur between the "haves and the have nots"...those in a position to utilise intra day info and those who cannot... The "profit stop" nominated at any other time than the entry means to me an intra day exit. Although I didn't have a problem with it, Rudys' nomination and exit at around 15:50 the other week demonstrated this. This exit was out of reach to someone using ony EOD.

Likewise, an entry after 10am is likened to an intraday entry, again out of reach to some/most. I would suggest that anybody who cannot make a selection between Fridays' close and Mondays' open should maybe sit out for the week.

Absolutely no offence intended toward p3t3, grannie, rudy, rags or espresso or anybody else.

For all the budding daytraders, there is another comp in existence in the short term thread. wether it is still active or not, I do not know but I do know that EOD and Intraday on this comp simply do not work together and will eventually loose competitors by the bus load.

I,m supposed to be about 150 km from where I now sit, so I have written quickly, so hope it all sounds kosher...Cheers.

azworkinit

Post Number: 147

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 09:41 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nicely posted Rockon,

I find the comp interesting, as I am definatly not a practising chartist, though use them to find historical lows and highs and volume movement. The comp is a window into other more technical traders analysis for me. I appreciate the more frequent updates P3T3, and understand Rag's time constraints. I would say, to over complicate the rules would be a shame, as with sport, to change the rules mean's all former achievements cannot be compared and not all have time to get on every day. Maybe Colin could supply an IC shirt for the quarterly winners? as a form of advertising/encouragement.
Rgds Az.

p3t3

Post Number: 113

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 01:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon wrote on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 05:27:

.....so I have written quickly, so hope it all sounds kosher...

Quickly written, but very clearly and persuasively rockon,

I think you make an excellent case for keeping a proven "recipe" unchanged, and ensuring fairness for all participants....some of whom certainly do have greater constraints than others.

azworkinit wrote on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 10:41 am:

I would say, to over complicate the rules would be a shame, as with sport, to change the rules means all former achievements cannot be compared...

Great point azworkinit, regarding comparatives. Some people are no doubt using the comp to refine stock picking skills. Timing entries and exits involves a whole additional level of skills application, and certainly might be more appropriate to a different comp.

Thanks for taking the time to provide input guys.

p3t3

azworkinit

Post Number: 148

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 01:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3T3, just as a quick point in regards what rockon wrote about getting in after the open. I tipped LYC on Sunday and got the open. I actually bought at 1.21 later in the morning. In reality, great, for the comp?. A good job is done all the same by yourself. I also think you should take your lickins with the rest of us, after all, we learn from our mistakes, so keep tippin brother!. Rgds Az.

p3t3

Post Number: 114

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 05:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tuesday :

Baggus assuming her preferred position at the head of the table....

p3t3

Post Number: 115

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 05:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

azworkinit wrote on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 02:33 pm:

I also think you should take your lickins with the rest of us....

Thanks for the encouragement Az

Couldn't find a gold stock on Sunday evening/early Monday morning that appealed. If I'd been more on-the-ball I might have remembered PRU....but I'll need to feel a lot more confident about a pick after the first two disasters.

p3t3

azworkinit

Post Number: 149

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 09:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P3T3, I almost tipped RMS, would have gone OK by the looks of it. Rgds Az.

espresso

Post Number: 179

Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 09:15 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi
Thanks for the clarification rockon and that makes sense.
at least suggestions have been put on the table.
Yes the kiss principal makes sense.

Cheers

p3t3

Post Number: 116

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 12:28 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

azworkinit wrote on Tuesday, November 09, 2010 - 10:07 pm:

I almost tipped RMS, would have gone OK by the looks of it

Thanks Az

Certainly looking OK right now. I'll keep it in mind for the future.

p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 117

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 05:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wednesday :

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1125

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 - 08:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Rockon...

"From Rags to Riches and Back Again"...By Rockon! How this market can wipe the smile of ones face in an 'blink of an eye'(well, in your case, from one week to the next)!

But, hay, there is hope for your GTE...after tomorrow me thinks! My little study of its recent price action suggests a little bit lower from here...to 30c if all is perfect in this perfect world...before a bit of a reprieve. The question here is "is there enough time to savour some lost % points this week, Rockon? Personally, I hope not as it may mean you will again relegate Dolphin to "Wooden Spoon" status this week!

Good luck to you, Squire...but not too much!

Determined Dolphin!

rockon

Post Number: 415

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 04:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Easy come.....Easy go. :{

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3952

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 12:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I am travelling for the next 2 weeks. Instead of doing doing nothing I like to have SAR continue on another 2 weeks. Is that all right by you, Peter? Thank you for doing a good job.

peterloh SAR LC

Regards,

Peter

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

p3t3

Post Number: 118

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 02:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh wrote on Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 01:54 pm:

I am travelling for the next 2 weeks. Instead of doing doing nothing I like to have SAR continue on another 2 weeks.

Hello Peter

I'll post another LC for you on SAR next Thursday. That should cover it.

Best wishes
p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 119

Thursday, November 11, 2010 - 03:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thursday :

azworkinit

Post Number: 150

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 12:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello P3T3, exit at LYC open Please, Thnx Az.

p3t3

Post Number: 120

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 01:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

azworkinit wrote on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 01:24 am:

exit at LYC open Please

OK Az, consider it done.

billt
Username: billt

Post Number: 499

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 07:53 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi p3t3

A new entrant!

Put me on SDL (Sundance Resources) long please. I am a week late, but plenty left in 'Butch Cassidy':

LYC would have been my first pick but Azworkinit has it covered:

stelty

Post Number: 9

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 02:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi p3t3

Can I continue my trade in CCC.
Tnx

espresso

Post Number: 180

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 02:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,

Continue with BUT please.

Cheers & Many Thanks

p3t3

Post Number: 121

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 03:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

billt wrote on Friday, November 12, 2010 - 08:53 am:

LYC would have been my first pick but Azworkinit has it covered

Hello billt

You could still choose LYC regardless of azworkinit's pick, duplicates are not forbidden. In addition az chose to exit LYC at today's (Friday's) open.

Do you want to change from SDL?

p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 122

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 03:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday :

rdumas

Post Number: 4319

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 03:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Darn. I had forgotten that I had put that on continuous. Two mistakes in two weeks.

billt
Username: billt

Post Number: 502

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 05:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks p3t3,

Put me on LYC long...I'll leave the Sundance Kid for someone else...

Bill

jimmyswell

Post Number: 443

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 08:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Golly!
That's the first wooden spoon for me in a whole year!
Maybe longer - some historian could check the records if so inclined.
My "note to self" is to be dis-seduced by Senegalese Gold Minors in future.

azworkinit

Post Number: 151

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 10:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Az, THX L. I can't post the chart as am at work. If someone could help me out, greatly appreciated. I don't think the chart will look great, but to quote a once great political campaign, " It's Time". Rgds Az.

p3t3

Post Number: 123

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 10:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...THX for Az:

p3t3

Post Number: 124

Friday, November 12, 2010 - 10:52 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

...THX for Az... a better one...:

p3t3

Post Number: 125

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 11:34 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saturday :

End result, unless there are any protests, yet another Gold for Baggus....very well done indeed. Great work also from Az and Stampy. Commiserations JimmySwell....I've been there already, on my very first pick!

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
RRLbreaker_108-Dec-10  09:05 pm
FMSbreaker_108-Dec-10  09:00 pm
CXC - Coeur D'Alene Minesjimmyswell10 08-Dec-10  04:28 pm
TGRivor08-Dec-10  09:06 am
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 10gdd339 07-Dec-10  12:07 am
RRLbreaker_103-Dec-10  08:11 am
MLBivor02-Dec-10  01:59 pm
MOCivor02-Dec-10  01:48 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 9ehmu46 29-Nov-10  03:51 am
FAR ...Far Ltdgdd325-Nov-10  12:09 pm