You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 8

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through April 03, 2011 » 2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 8

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 416

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 04:51 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Sept Equinox to December Solstice Challenge ".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on the week of Sept 22nd and run till December 22nd over a period of 13 weeks.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 417

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 05:01 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon ELK L

Pushed through s/t S & R @ 14 on a bit better volume.More support @ 135 & 13 so hopefully won't take a dive like my last pick.Well done to Baggus, Az & Stampy.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 444

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 11:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell GXY L
g
Galaxy has been following some rollercoaster patterns recently with each upcycle resulting in a 15-20c gain. Hopefully I've read it right and the next upswing is imminent. $1.75 would be a nice target.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4321

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 06:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

How do I extract myself from my current NWS continuous Long?

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 127

Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 07:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Saturday, November 13, 2010 - 07:37 pm:

How do I extract myself from my current NWS continuous Long?

Hello Rudy

I reckon just nominate a replacement L pick.

Nominating a LC is just to get the Friday close rather than the Monday open. If you change to a normal L pick you get the Monday open on that, so I don't see how any of the other participants would be disadvantaged.

p3t3

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 554

Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 06:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth RSL L

RSL relisted in March this year after being suspended from trading for around 18 months, opening at 19c and closing at 13c that day. Price then further declined to a low of 5.5c in July. MMAs are now opening out to show a strengthening uptrend and RSL looks like it may try to rise above the 19c barrier once again.

RSLdly

Thanks to everyone involved in this comp, including all competitors who make it possible. The charts and thoughts are invaluable in helping me to grow as a trader - and special thanks to P3T3!

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 195

Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 06:53 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky Phil SSM L

SSM has been trading in an uptrend channel since June. Pullback from the upper boundary last week with long tail on Friday suggesting support for another upmove is near. Volume is light tho' and other indicators aren't great.

Good luck all for the coming week . Thanks P3t3 for all your handywork.

Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

rdumas

Post Number: 4322

Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 09:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

I'll take you up on your offer and select BLY L.

As I expect a negative week for the market it's probably not a wise choice to go long but when the market had its April crash BLY wasn't too savagely mauled. I am impressed by the fact that the 150 day SMA has flattened and the 20 and 50 day SMAs are rising. The 20 day SMA has been providing good support of late as well. The price action broke through the top of an ascending channel and appears to be consolidating at the current level so the momentum so far remains pretty strong. In recent times the W%R14 indicator has been making higher lows which is also an encouraging sign.

By the way I agree with the other competitors......you're doing a great job on this thread. It's greatly appreciated.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 262

Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 05:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L AVB

Mac D crossing back up above 0 above

major MA's holding.

Looks to have turned up, Obviously with any share just above 10c the entry price is rather important.

Have a good week all

Regards
Stampy

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 290

Sunday, November 14, 2010 - 05:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BDR
Just seems to be going up on impressive volume

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1127

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 12:11 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, SGH, L

It seems nothing can stop this 'roaring' train since she first left the station in late Aug. I suppose we are seeing the first real hint of her taking a bit of a breather(Friday's close was the 1st time since she started this speedy uptrend that she has closed below the 10SMA). Inevitable 'profit-take' me thinks BUT SGH is a tightly held stock(if M/D is any indication) so I don't expect to much initial downside this week before she builds up steam again!

Have a safe week everyone!

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. Seems to me that p3t3 is very 'lenient' with the LC rule. I personally don't see a problem changing/cancelling a LC nominated option B4 say the US market opens on Friday evening but to allow an entrant to wait until Sat. morning(that is after the O.S.'s markets have closed for the weekend) is a bit much! I would really protest if Rudy had changed his LC for NWS to "NWS... L" to may be(probably)gain the benefit of a better opening after the US weakness on Friday night....but that isn't the case, right! May be another 'can of worms', p3t3 that you are trying to open here...and, afterall, you have stated something along the lines of "why 'tweek' a finely tuned engine".....just my 'biased' viewpoint!

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 61

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 12:27 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eagle - FMS L - bumping up against its recent high with couple of days of strong vol - hope that continues and that upward move lasts for a few days

p3t3

Post Number: 128

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 04:53 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 01:11 am:

Seems to me that p3t3 is very 'lenient' with the LC rule. I personally don't see a problem changing/cancelling a LC nominated option B4 say the US market opens on Friday evening but to allow an entrant to wait until Sat. morning(that is after the O.S.'s markets have closed for the weekend) is a bit much! I would really protest if Rudy had changed his LC for NWS to "NWS... L" to may be(probably)gain the benefit of a better opening after the US weakness on Friday night....but that isn't the case, right! May be another 'can of worms', p3t3 that you are trying to open here...and, afterall, you have stated something along the lines of "why 'tweek' a finely tuned engine"

I'll take that as a protest, Dolphin....so....

....perhaps what needs to happen is what would happen in the real world i.e. the original LC pick is exited at the Monday open and the replacement L pick is entered at that time.

That would mean the tipster would get any gain/loss of the difference between the Friday close and Monday open applied to their trading account before the balance is applied to the purchase of the replacement L position.

That does complicate the record keeping a bit, and I sure wouldn't want it to happen too often. But it was my error in allowing the issue to arise in the first place, so..... It could certainly be done.

The alternative is that a tipster veto is applied and Rudy gets to keep his LC position until he chooses to exit or otherwise until Friday's close.

What do people think?

rdumas

Post Number: 4323

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 06:29 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

I simply asked how I could get out of my continuous long in NWS in my original request. I certainly don't want people to get their noses out of joint or to make record keeping more complex. Keep it simple and exit NWS for me at the earliest possible moment that is within the rules this week.

I am keen to see what it looks like from the bottom of the ladder anyway.

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 71

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 08:23 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, EMX, L

This week may not be a good week to be long in the markets but some stocks will rise against the overall trend. EMX should be one may be after one or two day's of consolidation of last Fridays move. This was a dominant candle and there still is a lot of buying interest shown.

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 152

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 08:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello P3T3, Rudy and Dolphin, I think Dolphin's "protest" is warranted, P3T3's response diplomatic and Rudy's solution admirable. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 102

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 08:39 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Greetings All (and Pete for his great work)
KMN Kings Minerals this week please
Seems to be settling on 50% Fib retrace from its last 3 wave push. Vol better last 2 weeks

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 104

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 08:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie BMN L

In time this morning with new choice

hopefully 66 is the support level

p3t3

Post Number: 129

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 03:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 07:29 am:

I simply asked how I could get out of my continuous long in NWS in my original request

Hello Rudy

My reading of the rules as posted at the top of the thread are that only two exits are accommodated : the automatic Friday close exit and the Next Day Open when requested by the tipster. With a LC pick active at Friday's close the first available exit would be Monday's open.

It was my mistake to believe you could be allowed to switch to a normal L pick at Monday's open. So....my apologies for having misled you.

I'll exit your NWS position at today's open.

best wishes
p3t3

rdumas

Post Number: 4326

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 03:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

You have nothing to apologise for. You were attempting to do the right thing and in my opinion a person's intent is the most important thing. Thanks for exiting me on today's open......that would be fine.

p3t3

Post Number: 130

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 05:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monday :

No entries from Jaded, Ragchewer, Palace.....

...and a strategic withdrawal by me...my trading methodology allows me to stand aside when trading conditions are not favourable, and I didn't like the look of the US close on Friday.

Most unusual position for Baggus, no doubt that will change quick smart.

p3t3

Post Number: 131

Monday, November 15, 2010 - 05:31 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

azworkinit wrote on Monday, November 15, 2010 - 09:36 am:

I think Dolphin's "protest" is warranted.....

Thanks for taking the time to provide input Az.....appreciated.

p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 132

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 03:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tuesday :

Huge turnaround by Baggus, and big moves by Stampy and WhiteOwl.

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 291

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 07:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please stop me out on the open
Thanks

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

p3t3

Post Number: 133

Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 10:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker_1 wrote on Tuesday, November 16, 2010 - 08:08 pm:

Please stop me out on the open

OK breaker_1....it will be done.

p3t3

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 103

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 12:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete
Congratulations to you for your lovely work on the daily xls
I have never seen the IC Weekly Comp so functional
I have a day job so weekend scans and Mon picks work for me
Also EOD exits are all I can hope to look at (sometimes)
Cheers All
Owl

p3t3

Post Number: 134

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 02:02 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whiteowl wrote on Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 01:14 am:

Also EOD exits are all I can hope to look at

Thanks for the input Owl. Encouragement is always appreciated.

Though I reckon Rags should still get credit for holding things together, despite time constraints. I'm just a bit more fortunate in that regard.

At the moment the comp only offers Following Day Open exits, apart from the automatic Friday Close. Are you suggesting a change to - or the addition of - End Of Day?

Just seeking clarification.

p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 137

Wednesday, November 17, 2010 - 04:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wednesday :

Small caps suffered significantly from the day's selling, so the reds now outnumber the greens. But Baggus and Stampy are still duelling for the lead, and it appears there is still money to be made.

p3t3

Post Number: 138

Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 02:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

on behalf of our absent tipster:

peterloh SAR LC

Info: Owl hhs been in touch by PM to clarify that no rule change is contemplated nor requested. Thanks Owl.

p3t3

Post Number: 139

Thursday, November 18, 2010 - 03:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thursday :

A weak bounce, which must have been focussed on the large caps.
The amount of red in this table has increased, and the leadership is narrowing.

stelty
Username: stelty

Post Number: 10

Friday, November 19, 2010 - 02:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi p3t3, can I keep CCC as LC please.

Thanks

billt
Username: billt

Post Number: 522

Friday, November 19, 2010 - 04:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi Pete

I'll swap horses for next week, DML Discovery Metals please:

DML

Wednesday
-Large Volume on low
-Money Flow, Twiggs, Slow Stochastic, RSI hooks back up

Thursday
-W%14 Buy signal

Friday
-MACD pPp pattern

+19% to the UBB....

p3t3

Post Number: 140

Friday, November 19, 2010 - 04:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday, before any protests :

A fairly balanced close to the week, with Baggus remaining in the lead.

billt your DML, L for next week is noted.

p3t3

Post Number: 141

Saturday, November 20, 2010 - 01:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saturday, no protests received....so :

Another Gold to Baggus. Well done Rockon and Stelty.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
LCT - Living Cell Techjimmyswell11-Dec-10  12:59 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 11p3t329 11-Dec-10  11:16 am
Traded Todaybreaker_110-Dec-10  08:12 am
RRLbreaker_108-Dec-10  09:05 pm
FMSbreaker_108-Dec-10  09:00 pm
CXC - Coeur D'Alene Minesjimmyswell10 08-Dec-10  04:28 pm
TGRivor08-Dec-10  09:06 am
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 10gdd339 07-Dec-10  12:07 am
RRLbreaker_103-Dec-10  08:11 am
MLBivor02-Dec-10  01:59 pm