You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 10

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through April 03, 2011 » 2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 10

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 420

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 05:42 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Sept Equinox to December Solstice Challenge ".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on the week of Sept 22nd and run till December 22nd over a period of 13 weeks.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

rockon

Post Number: 421

Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 06:00 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon PSF L

Fridays' close above recent support & resistance with volume trying hard to get back up there may indicate another test of 15 is on the cards. Basically the same methodology used to pick this one as last week, so I'm not all that confident but it's worth a punt anyway.

Congrats to last weeks frontrunners.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 451

Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 11:09 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell CHN L
c
Chalice bounced off the 150 ma, like it did on 2Sep.

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 557

Saturday, November 27, 2010 - 05:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth WCU L

WCU has been in a range as it battled EMA 200. It finally closed strongly above on Friday with huge volume. At 15c, WCU is at the top of the range, but the setup is so similar to that for the move up in October, including a close outside the upper Boll, that odds favour a further move up. However.... based on my picks in this comp generally, my picking it means it will probably choose to revisit the bottom of the range. I hope not, I bought some Fri Nov 18 at 13c. I have a target of around 19.5c.

(Ehmu, this one came up on a Stochastics-based scan for me, however I’ve applied your “Four Amigos” – fitted the picture back in October and hopefully again now )

WCUdly

p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 164

Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 01:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3 ARV L :

ARV recently had a capital raising followed by a renounceable rights issue, fully underwritten, closing 28th October for $0.05 + attached option exercisable @ $0.05 on 30th June 2011.

There was a shortfall of shares taken up of just under 8.5 million shares, which the underwriters since seem to have been able to sell off without taking the share price back down to the issue price of the new shares. The options are trading at $0.03 implying a share price of $0.08 - while Friday's close for the shares was $0.071

If the shares trade back up to par with the options it will be a gain of a bit over 12.5% .....though the options could also trade down to par with the shares.

Technically the Williams %R14 is indicating underlying strength, and still has room before it reaches overbought.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4368

Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 09:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rudy Long ASX

This is a bit of an experiment on my part. I usually like to have the W%R14 indicator near the -80 for an entry but am interested in the following indications:

1) BB's are getting squeezed so perhaps a big move is in the offering.

2) Friday's price action was on higher volume then recently and closed above the recent sideways moving channel

3) W%R14 indicator still rising

There are a number of indicators not shown on the chart that also point to a possible up move so I will 'go with the flow'.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 197

Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 10:22 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky_Phil TTY L

TTY moving north again after a brief pullback to test support. All within a well established rising trend channel.

Thanks P3t3 for your efforts and good luck all for the coming week.

Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 107

Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 10:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie DOM L

a bit early but expecting the trendline to hold.

With thanks for the encouragement
gT

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 73

Sunday, November 28, 2010 - 11:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, L, SDL

Strong week last week and I believe still has some more in it but may be after some initial profit taking.

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 105

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 12:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CCC please
The advert says you cant say no to CCs
CCC MAs Red Yellow Green GO on compression and SR at 0.074

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 294

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 07:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ARH for obvious reasons
arh

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 65

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 08:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eagle - ADU - can't find much that excites me so will go with the surge last Friday and see if there is more in it.

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 266

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 08:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L MII

Chart to follow

Good luck all
Regards
Stampy

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1138

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 08:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, FAR, L

Far has responded as expected from Thursday's Buy trigger and if it can stabilize above 6.9c if should break above 7.4 soon and really create a lot of interest.

Chart to follow.

gdd3

Post Number: 1139

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 09:08 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin's Chart for FAR

p3t3

Post Number: 165

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 04:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

for Stampy MII :

p3t3

Post Number: 166

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 04:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monday :

Nothing from Jaded, Palace, Ragchewer or Stelty. I'm aware that Rags, for one, has time constraints. Others might be similarly constrained. Good to see there are some newer entrants to keep up the numbers.

A fairly anaemic start for the rest of us.

I'd have been better staying with AKM, one of those occasions where Cont would have been a good option. Ah well, keep it in mind for next time, when it's likely I'll make the same mistake again.

p3t3

Post Number: 167

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 04:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Notice to all Tipsters :

I will be travelling interstate on Thursday, returning on Monday 6th December. I'll try to keep up the updates while away, and have put in place some arrangements to enable me to do so, but no guarantees.

If it all goes terribly wrong I'll do the updates when I return next Monday.

Good luck everybody
p3t3

elisabeth

Post Number: 558

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 05:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ah p3t3, my start to the week was anything but anaemic in the real world - I sold today for a lovely profit as my target was reached.

From the comp point of view, I'm back in my comfortable position, at the bottom. All in one day of trade on WCU which went up 20% today.

Now I have to figure out if I need to stop out of the comp before tomorrow - volume was big on the red candle day today. I'll sleep on it....

WCU

p3t3

Post Number: 168

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 05:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Very nicely done on WCU in the real world, Elisabeth.

Those good outcomes are much more satisfying than Comp results....as the Comp is really for practising the skills so necessary for success in the real world.

Many more successes to come, eh?

best
p3t3

elisabeth

Post Number: 559

Monday, November 29, 2010 - 05:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks p3t3, I've been a fan of the comp for many years and have learned so much from the ideas presented not only within the comp, but throughout the forum.

Thank you so much for your time in keeping up the interest! And thanks always to Colin who provides us with such a great environment for learning to enhance our trading!

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 267

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 01:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3T3

Thanks very much for posting my Chart for me..

Regards
Stampy

p3t3

Post Number: 170

Tuesday, November 30, 2010 - 04:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tuesday :

Small cap miners generally having a rough time right now, as can be seen from the results in the table.

Stampy - you're welcome re the chart. Just trying to help everybody stay within the rules/guidelines.

p3t3

Post Number: 172

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 04:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wednesday :

A bit more green on the board, but red is still the predominant colour. The field is starting to spread.

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 295

Wednesday, December 01, 2010 - 07:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh dear two weeks running,just as well my real trades are not as bad

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 184

Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 09:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My apologise to all as I have load my trade late in the week., so this gives me the opportunity to kill 2 birds with one stone.
I will continue with BUT long for next week as well please.
Cheers,

Would you rather be right or happy?

p3t3

Post Number: 173

Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 10:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thursday :

So far so good....except for my tip

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 156

Thursday, December 02, 2010 - 11:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Az LYC L. Thnx for the effort P3T3 for the effort wile ur away. Shame the early trade today on LYC didn't hold up!. And shame I didn't hold the tip on RMS, though still holding both. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

rockon

Post Number: 422

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 05:28 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

All good fun, p3t3. Look on the bright side....Your pick is doing twice as well as mine. . Cheers

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 662

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 08:22 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sway SDL LC

Same reasons as last week. Profit taking out of the way now so all clear.

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 3962

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 04:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh JML L

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

billt
Username: billt

Post Number: 567

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 05:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lets see if CDU can fill the gap!

thanks Pete'

p3t3

Post Number: 174

Friday, December 03, 2010 - 10:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday....before any protests :

A pretty sad end to the week for all but the lucky medal winners. Looks like stock picking is getting more difficult in the small cap miners.

p3t3

Post Number: 175

Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 09:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No protests received, so the week's result is.... :

Az, I've included your trade as an LC as you had your notification in before Friday's close. That will give you Friday's close as next week's open. You actually only asked for an L which would give you Monday's open as your open. Let me know if I need to change the record for you.

p3t3

Post Number: 176

Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 09:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ooops...my mistake. Equal "spoon"ers this week :

p3t3

Post Number: 179

Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 04:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Espresso your Cont nomination for BUT is noted, the error above will be corrected and the trade "unclosed" when I return Monday. Apologies.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 185

Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 05:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Pete
Have a great weekend
Cheers

Would you rather be right or happy?

p3t3

Post Number: 182

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 10:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Friday, December 03, 2010 - 09:58 am:

Sell my FAR on open thanks p3t3!

Dolphin

I missed this while I was away, as I was picking up information from the thread without access to Email. The original message was posted to the TAZ Set-ups! thread, but since seems to have been deleted.

If I process the request it takes your result on FAR from negative to +2.74%, short of a medal but the only other positive result. On the scoreboard you would edge into the green and marginally overtake Eagle.

There no longer appears to be a record of your request on the threads. How do you want me to treat it?

thanks
p3t3

gdd3

Post Number: 1150

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 12:07 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi p3t3,

Leave the records as they are....I'm embarrassed to admit I posted it in the wrong thread(I was swapping btwx the TAZ set-up thread and the competition thread at the time and thought I was in the right thread when I initially posted it...you will note at 09:58). By the time I realise my error the clock had turned over(10:00) so it was pointless to retype or copy it in the correct thread then.

To save embarrassment I 'quickly' deleted the posting from the TAZ thread....but not quick enough it would seem!

That 4% swing is going to cost me dearly, right! Not the worse error I've in this competition this quarter. Just last night my short list was down to three MII, ZYL and MYG(actually MYGOA). Couldn't go for ZYL(under 5c) so for this week chose MGYOA and sent to post but realised I had mis-typed it, thought that was an "OMEN" but also then wondered whether the entry would be allowed anyway(option you see) so deleted the draught post and stuck with MII.

Result MYG up 34%, MYGOA up a whopping 42% and MII....narda!

The cruel thing is MYG was to be my entry last week as well but changed at the last minute as well....Got to just go with my 'gutt' feeling sometimes or listen to my PM's highlights to fellow TAZers I suppose.

Doing a great job(and detective work) with the competition records P3T3!

Cheers
Dolphin}

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2010,,,Sept-Dec Compounding Scoreboardjimmyswell18 05-Jan-11  08:05 am
APAadzman04-Jan-11  10:01 pm
Im the worlds worts sharetraderbonkers24-Dec-10  09:31 am
GIR - GIRALIA RESOURCESdennis_menace21-Dec-10  09:34 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week12azworkinit44 19-Dec-10  02:16 pm
Now This Is Interesting!jimmyswell16-Dec-10  04:19 pm
LCT - Living Cell Techjimmyswell11-Dec-10  12:59 pm
2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 11p3t329 11-Dec-10  11:16 am