You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 11

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through April 03, 2011 » 2010...Sept to Dec Challenge...week 11

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 423

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 05:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "Sept Equinox to December Solstice Challenge ".

As the name suggests this Challenge will begin on the week of Sept 22nd and run till December 22nd over a period of 13 weeks.At which time a acknowledgment will be made towards the top 3 achievers and also to last place.

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the layman with $5000 drawn off his mortgage or visa card ,,a standard trading account and a day job,,,probably had a wife and kids also.

Based on the previous Weekly Comp this stock tipping Challenge will use Mondays open price for an entry and Fridays close as an exit.

An intra week Stop may be nominated after market close on any day Monday to Thursday and the closing price of that position will be the next days open price that being the nearest exit price.Thus closing your position till the start of the new week where you may enter a new entry.

Only long positions maybe be nominated at a price no lower than 5c.No warrants or such devices simply stock tickers.

Nominations must be accompanied with a chart and clearly show the TA used with a short explanation of that TA.May i suggest that IC's software be used for your chart postings.

"Long Continuous" positions maybe be announced prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your nomination for the forth coming week.

Anyone that has not used their "Stop" or the "Long Continuous" facility will have Fridays close as their exit.

An entrant that has his nomination go into Trading Halt will also have their position halted untill the stock resumes trading.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5000 (cyber dollars) profits will compound forward and anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 maybe split their (cyber) capital into 2 positions of $5000 each or continue with no money management and use the $10,000 on a single entry.

Short term weekly awards such as 1st,2nd,3rd and last place will be acknowledge and recorded as i have done previously along with the % of profit or loss.

Any new entrant to the challenge can feel free to ask for help regarding posting as many here are familiar with the above conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 424

Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 05:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon ELX L

I'll give resources a miss this week.ELX has pulled back on lower volume to test support after completing a cup/ cup & handle pattern. Thursdays' candle a bit of a worry though. Overall volume is next to non existant so definitely not a trading stock.

p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 178

Saturday, December 04, 2010 - 04:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3 RED L :

Classic W%R14 signal, though I've missed the first part of the move.

BBs starting to expand, which would provide more room for a move.

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 561

Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 05:27 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth POS L

Break up on massive volume on Thu, with Friday's candle an inside day closing in the upper half of the breakout range. 21c is a strong resistance level coinciding currently with EMA200. POS probably needs a bit more work at the current level or in the 20-21c zone, but I'm hoping it can try another push through resistance by Friday.

dly POS

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4395

Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 08:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rudy COK long

The reasons for my entry based on Fib levels is nominated on the chart below. Couple this with the price action being near the LBB and what appears to be the near completion of a possible 5 wave corrective pattern makes the trade appealing.

I am committing the cardinal sin of attempting to anticipate a cut of the W%R buy trend line however for the sake of the competition it's worth a punt.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 452

Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 12:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell GOT L
f
Just how I likes it. Bounce up off a recent low for 2 weeks with respectable volume and margin up to a recent high.

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 198

Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 07:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky_Phil HLX L

HLX looking for support to hold for a move up into the trend channel.

Good luck all for the coming week
Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

grannie
Username: grannie

Post Number: 108

Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 09:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

grannie cue L

Time for turn up. with thanks

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 157

Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 10:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AZ, THX L. Chart to follow. If it don't go up from here, it won't be pretty!. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 66

Sunday, December 05, 2010 - 11:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eagle - PEM L - has come off 6mth rising trend line plus horizontal support from Sept which was roughly 50% Fibo retrace. MACD turning up. Would like to see more volume on last couple of up days - maybe that will come this week in time for comp!!!

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 106

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 12:11 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Owl, CCC please
Will Long Cont (from last week) or take Mon Open, whatever fits the Comp rules
Waiting to see if $64m buyers on 13 Oct were serious
Its on structural support at 7.0c
CCC has just doji'd and Williams 14/3 are in setup
Cheers all

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1148

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 12:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, MII, L

Time to take a 'punt' in this competition so 'borrowed' from a fellow TAZer is MII. All 3 Williams%R's(3, 14 and 55)are either below the desired -80% or at support, price action is in the TAZ set-up Zone(betwx the 10SMA and the 30EMA) and she is at structural support so I'm banking on a pre-emption that we should "bounce" from near present levels and make a new high sometime before Friday's close.

May my friend and I make heaps!

Have a good week!

Dolphin

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 271

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 07:01 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L PIR

I'll post chart Tonight from my home PC..
Have a good week all. Hoping we all make money !

Regards
Stampy

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 992

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 08:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace wfm

chart later

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 272

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 08:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nice turn
Bounce of trend line
Definable stop.. not so important in the comp but!!!
MA's works for the overall move
Nice upward trend ..

potential for a new high!!!!!!

Regards
Kim

p3t3

Post Number: 180

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 08:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Charts - WhiteOwl CCC

Azworkinit - THX

Sway - SDL

Palace - WFM

p3t3

Post Number: 181

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 08:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Monday :

A better start - more greens than reds.

sway
Username: sway

Post Number: 663

Monday, December 06, 2010 - 09:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3, thanks for posting the SDL chart. I hadn't bothered because it was an LC entry.

Cheers
Sway

This is not a recommendation or advice. As they say .... DYOR.

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 158

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 12:43 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes, thanks for my THX chart as well P3T3. Ive had a bit on today, I appreciate it. Good luck this week. Regards Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 993

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 07:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wfm chart

wfm

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

p3t3

Post Number: 183

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 07:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Tuesday :

Goodness, no red at all...that's quite a change. Unpredictable markets?

Stampy's PIR is looking good.

rdumas

Post Number: 4404

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 - 07:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

Could I please exit COK at tomorrow's open.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

p3t3

Post Number: 184

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 03:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wednesday :

Still overwhelmingly green....on a down day for the overall market!
Seems the risk trade is back in favour.

rdumas

Post Number: 4407

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 03:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

Am I right in assuming that you closed me out on the COK trade today as requested?

p3t3

Post Number: 185

Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 04:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Wednesday, December 08, 2010 - 04:58 pm:

Am I right in assuming that you closed me out on the COK trade today

Yes Rudy

...if you examine the table you'll see that there's a number in the "Stop Price" column against your tip, corresponding to today's open price. Next to that is a "Y" in the " * " column indicating the stop has been activated. For the "Price Change" and "% Change" columns you'll see that the "Stop Price" has been used in the calculation, rather than the "Close Price".

Hope that's clear.

best
p3t3

rdumas

Post Number: 4409

Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 06:20 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

Thanks for that. The thing that made me a little uncertain was a price in the close column but if I had done the calculation I would have seen what you had done.

Cheers

p3t3

Post Number: 186

Thursday, December 09, 2010 - 04:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thursday :

Still lots of green, with Stampy most likely out of reach and second place on the table a three or four way contest.

p3t3

Post Number: 187

Friday, December 10, 2010 - 04:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday....before any protests :

Not much red, but only a handful of large moves. A good market for a small number of the "right" stocks.

p3t3

Post Number: 188

Saturday, December 11, 2010 - 11:16 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Saturday - no protests, so final results for the week :

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
HVNivor13-Jan-11  06:39 pm
OMHivor13-Jan-11  06:27 pm
2011...December to March Challenge...Week 1ehmu83 10-Jan-11  03:21 am
MET-well?;CMC-runner?jaded09-Jan-11  12:06 pm
CZA - Coal of Africajimmyswell31 09-Jan-11  11:38 am
4 Buccaneers-BCCgdd353 07-Jan-11  06:23 am
2010,,,Sept-Dec Compounding Scoreboardjimmyswell18 05-Jan-11  08:05 am
APAadzman04-Jan-11  10:01 pm
Im the worlds worts sharetraderbonkers24-Dec-10  09:31 am