You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

VMS - nostalgia of tin mining

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through December 20, 2011 » VMS - nostalgia of tin mining

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 4037

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, February 25, 2011 - 10:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

VMS reached a recent high of 60c and retraced to a low of 50.5c where it found support.It bounce off that level yesterday and it looks like it is on the way back to retest its recent high.
I met an old timer, tin miner from Malaysia recently. Kinta Valley in Malaysia used to be the richest tin mining region in the world, like Pilbarra to iron ore in Australia.They are talking of going over all the discarded old mines today, the reason being tin is currently at about $32000 per ton.It is viable to mine even in poorer areas. The British used dredges to mine for tin where as the locals used the palong method with lower costs but less efficient.I have been told the supply of tin is very tight with demand on the increase.It is not possible to secure supply at a very short time.
VMS which land is next to JML, currently the subject of a takeover by IGO is rich in tin.It is a matter of time before investors wake up to this.I managed to secure some VMS yesterday, after watching it for a whole week.Please DYOR.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 510

Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 08:39 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi PL,
I remember being told that Tin Mining in Asia suffered from a Black Market where the locals descended onto tenements and "stole" a load by doing a pan wash collection.Was that Tin or Gold? Think it's both.

Anyway,rather than open another thread on a Tasmania Tin Miner thought I'd bring this one to your attention,Peter.

SRZ Stellar- It's just racked up a JORC Reserve of Tin in Tasmania.It has 108mil shares on Issue and currently about to go into New High/Blue Sky.
srz_ax03mar10_to_18mar11.png

Now Friday was JORC news day and it got a bit exuberant.With that Gap and Volume it's not difficult to predict a retrace.All previous gaps closed so it's historical]

However shouldn't be too long before this gets going in Blue Sky where there is no known,historical Resistance.

Anyhow,I've captioned that [a] there to highlight my preferred shares that get out of the Swamp of under 10 cents and into the Bush of 15 cent up land.
Note how it went [virtually] thru 10-12 cent Range in just a few days.
Often 10-12 centers get stuck for weeks in that range.
Why? Arbitrage on the half cent tick giving 5-20%.Day traders descend,buy 100,000's,millions of shares and play pass the parcel.
Anyhow this didn't happen with SRZ probably because of the limited shares on issue,a limited Free Float

but it is 'good' that the 10cent pysche level was so easily broken and got away from.Let's see how it goes at 20 cent one hey?

Anyhow,it doesn't seem SRZ will be doing placements in the immediate future so will we put it on a mutual watchlist,peter?

saw VMS put out a JORC too recently.Didn't do much for the price.I don't think being next door to a TakeOver target puts much OOmph into a share.

happy trading

ps what's "sen sen" translate to?I googled it and only came up with a Breath Freshener!!

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

peterloh

Post Number: 4049

Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 10:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SRZ is worth looking at,I will keep it on my watch list, Jaded.Anything to do with tin is worth having a look at now, similar to Rees, potash and mineral sands.SRZ is worth having ago on retrace.I noted Liz has entered TUC, which has discovered Rees in this week's competition.
Sen Sen is sifu, is GURU.

Cheers,

Peter

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

peterloh

Post Number: 4050

Sunday, March 06, 2011 - 10:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The locals used pan washing on tailings to further recover more tin. Theft was not uncommon using this method in the old days.This was usually at night.
By being next door to JML does not mean there is value, however having a very rich vein of tin in its tenements is going to send its SP up, is a matter of time only, Jaded. VMS was trading at 53c but the share was purposely being suppressed at the close!!

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1429

Monday, December 19, 2011 - 06:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No suppression on this one today!!

dennis_menace
Username: dennis_menace

Post Number: 1433

Tuesday, December 20, 2011 - 10:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Not surprised by todays action and finish..........

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2011 October to December Challenge, Week 11p3t319 18-Dec-11  03:41 pm
2011 October to December Challenge, Week 10ragchewer23 11-Dec-11  01:25 am
EXS - Exco Resources Limitedsteven08-Dec-11  09:50 pm
2011 October to December Challenge, Week 9peterloh30 05-Dec-11  09:12 pm
KZLbati02-Dec-11  11:24 pm
2011 October to December Challenge, Week 8p3t319 26-Nov-11  04:35 pm
2011,,,October to December Challenge...Week 7p3t325 19-Nov-11  04:37 pm
AZZ - Antares Energy Limiteddennis_menace27 15-Nov-11  08:05 pm
2011...October to December Challenge...Week 6p3t318 12-Nov-11  11:05 pm
2011...January to March Challenge...Week 10dennis_menace39 12-Nov-11  06:52 pm