You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2011...April to June Challenge...Week 2

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through December 20, 2011 » 2011...April to June Challenge...Week 2

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 475

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 01:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge ".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning April 4th and run until July 1st over a period of 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

The original Weekly Comp was aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job. Probably also with a wife and dependent kids.

This stock tipping Challenge will use Monday's opening price for the entry and Friday's close as the exit.

An intra-week "Stop" may be nominated on any day - Monday to Thursday - and will be taken as having been received after that day's market close. The closing price of the position will be the next day's opening price, that being the nearest available exit price. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. The new entry may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your position into the following week, or the following Comp. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of post prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected (by way of a post) to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. They may then nominate to "Stop" out at the following day's open, or retain the position until a normal Friday exit is automatically applied.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions of $5,000 each, if they choose, or continue to use the $10,000 on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

p3t3

Post Number: 476

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 01:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 07:08 am:

I will continue staying in GOLD for next week please.

p3t3

Post Number: 477

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 01:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

baggus wrote on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 01:49 pm:

Baggus, PDI, LC

Could I go with PDI again next week. I will post an updated chart in the new weekly thread over the weekend.

Thanks
Baggus

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 4071

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 03:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh ATN LC

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 582

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 04:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There's a 5 cent minimum,peterloh so ATN at a .047 close is not a valid pick.

p3t3 what about a 5cent pick?What do you 'rule' happens if it falls under 5cents or more importantly Closes under 5 cents? Automatic Stop?

I'm considering entering RXL next week.It closed this afternoon on 5 cents exactly so I'm wondering on the ramifications contest wise if it does any retrace under 5 next week whether it cactuses?
I'm expecting news and a possible spike to 6+ soon,maybe next week so that's why I'm seeking a ruling on it going under 5 beforehand.

You could make Peter Loh's entry as a 5cent Entry Price not .047 but maybe he'd prefer to change to TUC which just may have bottomed.Rare Earths are hot.I bought stampy's NTU on Open today and am well pleased with developments.
Maybe TUC will get some Hot Money next week pete loh?
Do you still hold?

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

p3t3

Post Number: 478

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 05:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded wrote on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 04:28 pm:

p3t3 what about a 5cent pick?What do you 'rule' happens if it falls under 5cents or more importantly Closes under 5 cents? Automatic Stop?

That's way too good a question to be left just to me....I'll have to throw it open to the tipster community.

Gun-to-the-head I'd say that the rule is that only picks can't be lower than $0-05, silent on what happens if a pick drops below that level subsequently. Again, if pressed, I'd say let the existing end-of-week-auto-exit take care of the close of the trade, which would then be disqualified for the following week, and until the Friday close was again above $0-05.

That would make you correct, Jaded, about Peterloh's nomination of a stock with a Friday close of $0-047 being invalid. And would require an alternative pick from Peterloh.

I wouldn't be inclined to operate an intra-week auto stop, seems an unnecessary complication.

What do other people think?

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 199

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 06:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think you have nailed it there P3T3. .05 at the Nom=good. Stop out at the end of week. No LC available if under .05. Rgds Az.

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1328

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 06:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3T3,

"Gun-to-the-head I'd say that the rule is that only picks can't be lower than $0-05, silent on what happens if a pick drops below that level subsequently. Again, if pressed, I'd say let the existing end-of-week-auto-exit take care of the close of the trade, which would then be disqualified for the following week, and until the Friday close was again above $0-05."

Agree with what you are suggesting here, Pete, with the added 'ruling' that if, for example D'jaded' considered RXL pick(that closed at 5c today) for next week and on Monday it actually opened below 5c it would be instantly "scratched" for the week. Again in hindsight, to maybe? eliminate this threat for stocks that are near a 5c close on Friday, the competitor could choose a LC entry B4 Friday's close to possibly(but not guaranteed) get that near 5c entry point.

I actually thought PeterLoh's ATN pick for last week may cause an 'validity' issue ATTime because right up until the 'deathknock' in the pre-market auction on Monday morning it was 4.9c bid....but thankfully it opened at 5c?

Just may take!

Dolphin }}

p3t3

Post Number: 480

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 08:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 06:28 pm:

on Monday it actually opened below 5c it would be instantly "scratched" for the week

I don't think I can go along with this suggestion....looks all too much like an intra-week stop, which I'd really like to avoid in the interests of simplicity.

In addition, perhaps more importantly, it has the feel of a hindsight call.

When we're doing our assessments for stock picking all we really have as data is the Friday close (or earlier data for those choosing LC). I reckon if a pick is valid for the Friday close it should get to run for the week, regardless of the Monday open, which is surely unforeseeable.

If an LC pick is still valid before the Friday close but then closes below the threshold the tipster at least has the opportunity to nominate another pick before the Monday open.

Again....what do others think?

gdd3

Post Number: 1331

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 10:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,

I said..."...on Monday it actually opened below 5c it would be instantly 'scratched' for the week"

P3T3 said..."I don't think I can go along with this suggestion....looks all too much like an intra-week stop"

Well, I'm not too sure why you see my suggestion as being too much like an intra-week stop but are you suggesting that if someone nominates a stock that closed on Friday 5c or just above but opens on Monday morning below 5c should be "with-in" the "5c minimum rule"....even if it is say, a ridiculous 1c!

I think by suggesting that as the stock has closed 5c or just above at the close of Friday, Monday's open is incidental can cause a problem. Given that most participants 'wait' until Sat./Sun., i.e after seeing what happens to the US markets, or even some waiting later until our own Pre-Market auction is in its lasts moments, to place a nomination. What is stopping someone taking advantage of your suggestion, for example, lets say there is a significant drop O.S. on Friday night or a 'strange' happening in the pre-market auction in a stock that closed at 5c on Friday is now 'looking' to open well below that level. According to what you are suggesting, it would still be AOK to nominate such a stock ...so long as it is B4 10.00am. That's why I suggested if someone wants to nominate a stock that is close to the minimum allowed entry entry price(5c) they should accept running the risk of.."invalid entry" if Monday's open is less than 5c.

Anyway, I'll go along with what the majority agree with because I know I have occasionally gone for stocks under 10c since the 5c rule has been in place and may be fortunate enough to 'take' advantage of the opportunity that your suggestion may provide.

Cheers
Dolphin }}

p3t3

Post Number: 483

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 11:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 10:32 pm:

but are you suggesting that if someone nominates a stock that closed on Friday 5c or just above but opens on Monday morning below 5c should be "with-in" the "5c minimum rule"....even if it is say, a ridiculous 1c!

....um, would a tipster really want to stay in a position that opened with an 80% loss from the previous close? It would certainly undermine my faith in the stock.

I'd suggest that most tipsters are looking for stocks likely to start the week with gains, rather than losses.

I haven't seen too many participants in this comp surfing the pre-open. If that did become evident it would be an issue for the rest of the participants to address....and I, for one, would think it against the spirit of the comp, which is supposed to be for "non-professionals with a day job" - not your typical intra-day scalper reading the changes in the pre-open depth.

Regarding the intra-week stop....once a tipster has a valid entry either they should nominate an exit, or allow the end-of-week exit to take its course. There shouldn't be any need for interference from the scoreboard operator.

just my view.

What do others think?

p3t3

peterloh

Post Number: 4072

Friday, April 08, 2011 - 11:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pete,

I have listened to both sides of the arguments, now I am telling you how I see it.

When I first selected ATN at 4.6c, dolphin rightly pointed out to me that the selection does not qualify under the rules.The rules are supposed to be set up to simulate the actual trading conditions, thus we allowed participants to exit before the end of the week.This I thought is quite near reality as in real trading condition we do that. We cannot select a share under 5c for entry into a competition thus I graciously withdrew my selection without any argument from me.

When the rules are set up, there was never any intention to disqualify any share once it has fallen below 5c or not allowed to continue on for subsequent weeks. If the rules are implicit or explicit I would graciously accept the ruling. What has now been introduced is some members are trying to introduce new rulings as we go along. Under the existing stock exchange rules we do not see that shares below a certain SP , not allowed to continue on to be listed or to be listed on a second board for that particular purpose.Under real conditions, I wouldn't have put myself at great risk to see my money disappear once it has fallen under 5c and therefore it won't be listed. In this competition I wouldn't have put myself at such a disadvantage if the SP fell below 5c and I would be disqualify and not allowed to continue. I haven't made any new selection but merely let my share continued on for the next week even without knowing the closing SP.

We should not put on new rules to disadvantage any member without any justification. ATN is not a new entry for me but merely a continuation of the selection of the week which at the time was 5c. For recording purpose, thus we used the origin SP of 5c and the the closing SP as the start.Selecton of a new share is not a problem in general, but to implement one's whims and fancies is not fair practice in the Australian society.I can accept if this happens in a third world country, or are we reverting back to the old kangaroo court.Continuation is allowed but not new entry. We should not even bother to ask for views if it is not a fair play or the spirit of the game.

PS: I do not normally buy any shares under 20c let alone under 5c. I have quite a few ATN shares and under the real situation bought more around this level today. Yesterday a transaction of 5000 shares at the close was an attempt to drive the SP down. It was the same today when the majority of the transactions were a lot higher and the price came down .2c just for 300,000 which was a few percentage point of the day's transactions. I actually just elected to invest a very small amount in ATN and not regard it as a trading situation.

Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 495

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 11:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell BRM L
b
Increased momentum over the past few days suggests Brockman will push through the $6.25 resistance point over the next week.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 496

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 12:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Regarding the 5c debate, I'm in favour of staying with the existing simple rules.

If an LC pick closes above 5c on Fri, it is valid. Then you see it through to the next Friday's close (unless you ask to close out on the following day's open). If it drifts below 5c, then you make a loss for the week. Automatic stops are too complicated.

If it is a non-LC pick, then a Monday open below 5c renders it invalid for the week. Watch the action from the boundary line.

If this happened to me, I'd be ok with the interpretation I described in the previous 2 sentences.

p3t3

Post Number: 485

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 12:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh wrote on Friday, April 08, 2011 - 11:56 pm:

When the rules are set up, there was never any intention to disqualify any share once it has fallen below 5c or not allowed to continue on for subsequent weeks.

Hello Peterloh

It is clear you feel hard-done-by in the proposed treatment of your ATN trade. I am sorry you feel that way. As a long-standing contributor to the Forum in general and this Comp in particular your views are valued and are certainly worthy of respect.

However I'm not sure your interpretation above is in accordance with the existing rules regarding entries under the $0-05 limit.

The rules state : "Only long positions may be be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05."

The rule is thus silent on the question of a subsequent fall below the specified minimum.

The rules also state : "'Long Continuous' (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain your position into the following week, or the following Comp."

That suggests to me that an LC is a "nomination", not intrinsically different from other "nominations" and therefore subject to the $0-05 minimum condition. The only difference being that the same stock is being "nominated", rather than a different one. I see no intrinsic exemption from the $0-05 rule.

I'm not seeking to make up the rules arbitrarily - just interpret the existing ones as best I can.

What do others think?

ken
Username: ken

Post Number: 750

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 02:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

I reckon that the 5c price has to be specified in time. Having it at the open means uncertainty. The 5 cent price must be known prior to the open of the week.

I propose that it be at the previous Friday's close, otherwise the nominator could finish up without a stock for the week. You need some certainty for contestants.

If someone nominates an LC and it closes below 5c on Friday, they get an opportunity to pick another stock for the new week.

I guess this comes from my writing my systems in code and not wanting unfortunate surprises.

p3t3

Post Number: 486

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 03:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ken wrote on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 02:47 pm:

I reckon that the 5c price has to be specified in time. Having it at the open means uncertainty. The 5 cent price must be known prior to the open of the week.

Thanks for your input Ken.

What you're saying certainly goes along with the interpretation I've been offering :

If a pick is valid at the Friday close, i.e. $0-05 or above, it is a valid nomination and should be allowed to run for the week, subject to an exit request by the tipster. The only automatic stop necessary is the existing one of evaluation at the following Friday's close, where all stocks closing below $0-05 become invalid nominations.

The same applies whether the pick is a normal pick, an LC or a GTC pick. That means if an LC or GTC pick closes below $0-05 on Friday the pick becomes invalid, but the tipster has the right to make an alternative, valid nomination before the Monday open.

Again, I'm seeking input from people on this interpretation of the existing rules.

best
p3t3

jaded

Post Number: 584

Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 06:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If the rules state that no entry is valid under 5 cents[which they have for a long time],then any entry coming up on the scoreboard any night under 5cents Close is thus disqualified.
This would by by the Close NOT Monday Open but would thus disqualify a Long Continue ie Friday Close and any entry trying to 'bet' that Monday will open 5 or better when it had closed below 5 Friday.

I think that the scoreboard should not display entries that are under 5cents.
That would be confusing to casual participants unaware of this "debate" and may even lead 'old hands' equally unaware of subtleties to feel hard done by/discriminated against as in "Last week so'n'so had an under 5cent entry "allowed" why not me?"

So that's my "vote"-
Entries at or above 5 cents on Friday's Close "Allowed" even if they Open Monday below 5cents
but such entries "disqualified" if they Close anytime during the week Under 5 cents.Close Price the under 5 price NOT the next day's Open.

Now the Close that day may cause "book keeping" complications? but it'd save a lot of arguments especially by the "precious" ie look it's back over 5 cents again.It only fell below 5 on little volume,a closing auction "fluke", what if the next day on news it does say 7 cents on news and would of been a Comp winner of 40% gain?

Well,entrants are encouraged to actually Hold their picks.By doing so they get the Glory of a ca$h return to salve the ego on their stock picking skills.
However it closed under 5 cents against Comp Rules so ya miss out on Comp Acclaim.Too bad So what.

One can always open a separate thread to "proclaim" why you "read" that an under 5 cent share could,will do Mighty Things this week if you wish to 'educate' the forum.

You just can't use the Comp to do this because under 5 cent shares are not valid entries.Simple.

On this basis I will not be entering RXL in the Comp this week.It too was 'manipulated' down on small volume Friday BUT the US budget "crisis" will most likely affect Monday Trading giving high liklihood of an under 5 cent close at least Monday.
I'll find another possibility for next week that does not have to "Fight" this 5 cent Factor.

happy trading

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

jaded

Post Number: 586

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 10:05 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded EYE L

Virtually a New Float based on Gold Tenement in West Africa with Mining Expertise in Local Conditions plus Institutional Support by MacQuarie.[DYOR if you can read!!]

14 cent stop[on close],believe 25 again within d'realms.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

p3t3

Post Number: 490

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 02:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded wrote on Saturday, April 09, 2011 - 06:38 pm:

If the rules state that no entry is valid under 5 cents[which they have for a long time],then any entry coming up on the scoreboard any night under 5cents Close is thus disqualified.

This would be the most rigorous application of the existing rule, and not difficult to implement on the scoreboard :

The auto-formatting highlights any close below $0-05 (though above $0-0001, not a price that will ever come up on ASX data - I believe $0-001 is the lowest price possible before suspension) which could then have that price applied as the "stop" price for the trade - effectively an automatic stop applied to any close below $0-05.

That looks like a solution which best fits the somewhat more diverse suggestions made more generally. I'm inclined to go with that, unless there are strong objections.

I've also applied auto-formatting to highlight any open below $0-05 in an attempt to avoid the late disqualification suffered by Yogiinoz.

best
p3t3

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 448

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 02:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon CSE L

Pretty well scrapes in as an "Amigo" trade but to me, if it's going to break out of the triangle,it needs to do it quickly or else it will start to run out of triangle and any hope for a reasonable squirt upwards.Top edge of triangle could be argued but there is a dash up there back on March 23 but others may see this as already having broken out.

peterloh

Post Number: 4073

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 04:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pete, I am not a spoiler.The stock exchange has already established a precedence.Shares are normally listed or subscribed at a certain value. The fact that the listed share has fallen below the subscribed value it is still allowed to continue on. Only new shares are asked to be subscribed at a nominal value.

The fact that the majority vote against it doesn't mean it is right or fair play.However we live in a democratic society, I do accept the inclination of the majority, I do not accept the ruling is necessary right as a matter of principle for the record.

azworkinit
Username: azworkinit

Post Number: 200

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 05:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Az, FML, L.

Focus has retraced from a good run up after announcing more production from existing tenements. Gold is solid at the moment, FML has filled the gap of a couple of weeks. A good solid producer with various tenement around the Coolgardie area.If it finishes above .10c Ill be happy. Rgds Az.

FML

"Success is a lousy teacher.It seduces people into thinking they cannot lose."BILL GATES.

jaded

Post Number: 588

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 05:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter Loh,
This is a Comp Rule.It has nothing really to do with ASX rules.
It's a Competition,peter.One wins by [a] Having the greatest percentage increase in a week or [b] Accumulating the best Compound of $5000 over 13 weeks.

The No under 5 cent entries was implemented frankly to cut out paper trades based on a few ticks and you are 20%+ up.
eg a .001 entry that closes one tick up at .002 is a 100%.
Never mind that it virtually impossible to Buy $5000 at the Open or Sell $10,000 at .002 Close because of the Orders on Depth.
.001 is an extreme example but all thru the under 5's one has a high percent/tick but especially a log jam Depth Buy Sell,Bid/Ask that 'prefers' paper trading ie entries under 5 cents.

Peter Loh it is plainly stated that this Comp has no valid entries priced under 5 cents.Yes it's an arbitrary cut off point but it has been established as d'Yard Stick.

Yet now you come whinging that your 4.7 cent Entry should be allowed.You use all the Good Will and Respect you have built up with your fellow Forum Members to 'guilt trip' them in to what?
Making an exception this time in your case particularly?

Open d'Gate ,Pete and we'll have some never heard of before,new member,blow in come out with let me have HAW [currently under 2.5 cents]
Peter Loh,you yourself 'admit' to not dabbling too often in under 10 cent shares.I fail to see why you are so disappointed and so adamant that this pick be allowed despite the established no under 5 cent entries RULE.

Peter Loh will your ego really be satisfied by getting a medal this week on a 'illegal' entry,a established rule breach?

Pete,mate even Olympic Medals are only Plated Gold.
Surely you of the 10 line disclaimer have another Pick on d'Go for you to enter rather than ATN a comp rule exclusion?

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

yogiinoz
Username: yogiinoz

Post Number: 3029

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 06:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

paul PVE L

Hi folks,

PVE ... not much volume yet, but off its lows, at least !~!

application/pdfPVE alert ... astrostuff update .....
pveupdate20110408.pdf (45.9 k)

have a great day

paul

=====

peterloh

Post Number: 4075

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 06:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded,

I wish you would just get rid of the chip on your shoulder.
Isn't the idea that we have a competition that we have established precedence and rules that we used especially when we adopt the Westminster system. The "LC" is another term we have adopted which is a "hold" in actual fact. We cannot put in a new entry under 5c, however nowhere do I read it that we cannot "hold" on to one when it drops under 5c. In real life, you have asked me to take a loss when we know that there is a good chance that ATN may even become a star performer. You like to make it out that you are a guru that you are superior to others. It is all just in your head. You are just plain repulsive and you even objected to a disclaimer which I have initially raised with Colin, whether it is appropriate that I used it. He had no objection. Colin had already made it known to you previously. You have continued to raise this issue and it appears that this cause you pain. To me it is like insurance, you do not need it when you have no assets to protect. Why do you object if others acquired insurance?.Why do you keep on attacking others personally? You have been banned previously and now you raise your ugly head again.

p3t3

I like to enter the following:-

peterloh RVR L

RVR has recently came out with a good report and last Friday, a few shares went through.
This one is for the captain, Jaded.

jaded

Post Number: 590

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 08:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh wrote on Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 06:55 pm:

I wish you would just get rid of the chip on your shoulder.
Isn't the idea that we have a competition that we have established precedence and rules that we used especially when we adopt the Westminster system

We cannot put in a new entry under 5c, however nowhere do I read it that we cannot "hold" on to one when it drops under 5c.

In real life, you have asked me to take a loss when we know that there is a good chance that ATN may even become a star performer.

You like to make it out that you are a guru that you are superior to others. It is all just in your head. You are just plain repulsive

well pete,you can deal it out but can you take a rebuttal without flouncing off?Hitting d'Abuse Button?

What? Do ya want to shelter behind a Legalese Interpretation?
The Rule is [long term established] that a Share Under 5 cents can not be entered in this Comp.
But I[PL] want to Long Continue a share that closed Friday UNDER 5 cents because I [PL] don't consider the RULE applies.

Look Peter,English let alone my slang version of it may be your second language and in my version beyond your comprehension.

but The Rule in this Competition is No Entry is Valid if it's priced under 5 cents.
Under this it is completely IRRELEVANT that your Long Continue is now under 5cents but has possibilities of going 5cents+ this week.
It is Under 5 cents NOW,by Friday Close so it's elementary that that AKN is Not a valid entry according to the Established Rules even NOT against your argument that LC makes any difference WHATSOEVER.

Do you follow PL? No under 5cent entries are Valid under the Rule established,I think at least from the start of this Series.Being LC is Irrelevant.

Personally,I'll watch how ATN performs this week,also RVR.
In fact I'd scanned up RVR today but passed on it.

On d'Other Matters you brought up "trying" to insult me etc?

This one is for the captain, Jaded.

You don't wanna play with me,pete.You are not Up to it.
Pull ya head in,insurance salesman!!

happy trading

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 227

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 08:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hI ALL,
Im not sure why there is such a confusion, as the rule implies and I to am confirming what Jaded is expressing,
No stock can be selected under 0.05! Very clear and precise,

Would you rather be right or happy?

ivor
Username: ivor

Post Number: 694

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 08:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Competition entry AZZ

Nice move up on volume last week from the 61.8% Fib area.
May go on with it this week.

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 218

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 09:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky Phil TCM L

TCM spent last week consolidating in the .22 - .235c range. Stronger move on Friday with slightly improved volume hopefully a portent of better things this week.

Good luck all for the coming week
Phil

P.S. My 2c worth - I thought the rule was that you can't pick a share valued at less than 5c but if it dips during the week you should shouldn't be automatically stopped out but you can't LC or GTC it either, ie you exit at the end of the week or earlier if you choose.

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

peterloh

Post Number: 4076

Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 11:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Jaded,if you behave like an animal, then you deserve to get back into the drain, where you belong.

p3t3

Post Number: 491

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 03:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded wrote on Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 08:01 pm:

On d'Other Matters you brought up "trying" to insult me etc

peterloh wrote on Sunday, April 10, 2011 - 11:14 pm:

Jaded,if you behave like an animal....

I feel compelled to say something, though the acrimony I find simply disheartening.

This is otherwise an astonishingly good educational forum.

In the interests of the people who might still benefit from the continuation of this corner of the forum I'll see if I can unpick a little of the entanglement.

I think the point Peterloh was trying to make was that the Comp is supposed to emulate the real-life trading conditions faced by a typical non-professional participant with a day job. If you're in a long position in the real world the point of exit is entirely up to the the trader. If a position goes against the entry it is up to the trader to choose the timing and price level of the exit, whatever the outcome.

The point Jaded seems to be making is that there is a long-standing arbitrary lower limit, accepted by all participants, on the stocks that may be chosen. Just as the level is arbitrary, so is its application. It doesn't have to be fair, reasonable or representative of the real world....as long as it is the same for everybody.

There are a range of views on how the implementation of the $0-05 rule should proceed. Peterloh is at one end, arguing that an entry that was valid when submitted should be allowed to run until the trader decides to exit....since that is how the real world operates.

Most others have argued for some form of application of a forced exit, at various different points of time, if the price violates the $0-05 level : the Monday open, the following Friday close, any close.

The last is the most rigorous application of the rule.

If the original purpose of the rule was to discourage the use of the additional leverage that comes with any stock that is too close to the lower limit then the most rigorous application of the rule will be the most discouraging, since it will most often result in the pick being automatically stopped out, and always for a loss.

Valued participants, and you are all valued participants, could any personal acrimony please be worked through using Personal Messaging, rather than the Public Forum? Surely the educational value of the forum is too valuable to risk driving down participation through any display of personal animosity.

just my view
p3t3

(Message edited by p3t3 on April 11, 2011)

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 345

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 07:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

PRR
Plenty volume to keep this one going

prr

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us.

Alexander Graham Bell

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 134

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 09:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SSN please Pete (actually holding)
Just like Feb ?
Accumulation, dominant candle with volume, a little triangle and a 30% leap (wishful thinking)
Cheers all for the week

eagle
Username: eagle

Post Number: 81

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 09:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Eagle - NDO - on an upwards climb - bit overbought but who knows when it will turn down.

gdd3

Post Number: 1338

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 09:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, YTC, L

I'll post a chart later this am. if thats AOK!

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 312

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 09:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L YTC

chart to follow.

Williams % dipped and good volume has been seen on the move back up over the last 3 days. If it can close above 72/73 It could be in the open for a move higher.

It had a higher swing low on the recent rally. You can almost see a rising Triangle

My squiggles should show this.

Good luck all.

Regards

Stampy

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 1003

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 09:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vwm chart later palace

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

stampy

Post Number: 313

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 10:00 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hmmm ok well sorry about that .. Wishing you lots of Luck Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 1340

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 03:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Stampy,

Not to worry, only too glad to welcome you aboard! I'll post a chart, on behalf of both of us, just in case you 'forget'...(I hope not because I'm sure our "master" will want to see what we both have learnt). We may have to ride out a day or two of a slight "SSE'er" but I'm sure this will only mean we will catch the breeze we are both looking later in the week.

Anyway, for the others here, my charts of YTC show that she continues to be 'entrenched' in her strong uptrend channel, in fact above the median; has a series of higher highs and higher lows, the last two providing (Daily)TAZ set-ups off the back of of the 'twin' Wkly TAZ set-ups in Feb. Now I guess my only concern with the last TAZ set-up(TAZ 2) is that it came just after a breakdown of the W%R14 support for the run since the Feb. swing lows but also I not that the vols. since last Wed's T.2 have been decreasing as we have gone up! Hence, why I have said to Stampy above that just maybe we will see her drift for a couple of days B4 any further potential rise is seen. But I'm comfortable, as long as we don't 're-visit' the 64c low B4 going above today's high(71c) first.

I'll take the Mon. to Wed. watch, Stampy and you can "bring her home" from there on, AOK!

Dolphin

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 228

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 03:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,

I donít think this sort of language is appropriate by any IC member.
someone should be put a stop to it.
Thanks
Espresso

Would you rather be right or happy?

p3t3

Post Number: 492

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 06:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 2, Monday :

Great start by Peterloh.
Nice turnaround start by Rockon.

Lots of red and pink in the table, looking like a tough start to the week.

jaded

Post Number: 591

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 07:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy,later tonight I will open a dedicated NTU thread.
I am hoping to get End Strategy ie Sell discussion,going.

Too little is discussed about the Sell set up side of things in trading in this Forum [IMHO]

So as,stampy,you are a fellow NTU holder and are aware,no doubt of today's action?

well..will you join this "repugnant animal" in developing a Sell philosophy/angle based on NTU?

I can give d'Rave based on my read of Market Psychology but can you,stampy give d'Points of all those Indicators,TA "purist" jive for the Trigger to Sell,Take Profits?

you,stampy or anyone else interested in advancing all our knowledge freely.
Of course it's more important that you comment from being there ie Hold NTU but I suppose past experience in a Parabolic could be beneficial.

hear from ya all later.

d'repugnany animal of IC

ps-devised what Mr Low's problem is.He was allowed a run last week on his precious ATN trading under 5 cents and has gone all snakey 'cos he's been pulled up for Rule Breeching.
Personally I will no longer comment on d'Rules Interpretation of this Contest even though I am one of the few Inaugurals here when stickman first devised it.

Loh you're a dip poop.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

stampy

Post Number: 314

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 07:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

My squiggles as promised.

Hi Dolphin, I also thought that there was a sort of triangle forming. But ... I like your chart more than mine. I think I can handle thursday and friday.

Regards
Stampy

stampy

Post Number: 315

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 09:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Jaded,

Lots to think about regarding your post. I can actually understand it.. Which is a bonus for me. I sometimes struggle!!

1/ Firstly congratulations on your performance last Quarter in the comp. Outstanding!!

2/ Yes I'm keeping a close eye on NTU, It had another great day and your comment re picking it 2 weeks in a row look so far to be dead on.

3/ In regard to stopping out of this trade/ or any trade ,I like most people really struggle at times to be faithful to my stop levels but im feel im getting better.Although I have a long way to go. Dolphin has a great set of rules back in his thread " TAZ road Map" which I found VERY useful regarding stops . So for me ATM based on those rules my HARD stop should be the low of the previous 2 days. However as you point out with NTU going Parabolic the stops is a little far away. So the rules state that the stop should probably be the bottom of the prevous day or if you view todays candle as a belt hold then it should be around half way down the current candle its all personel choice here.

4/ I've been trying to stay out of the current argument in IC. I try to stay out of most of them unless of course I'm feeling a little punchie which I'm not right now. I'll Watch from the sidelines. Just one word of advice. I've heard that Peter knows Mossad agents so be careful!!

Regards
Stampy

I think P3T3 is doing an OUTSTANDING job of keeping it cool/calm.

p3t3

Post Number: 494

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 09:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded wrote on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 07:19 pm:

Personally I will no longer comment on d'Rules Interpretation of this Contest even though I am one of the few Inaugurals here when stickman first devised it.

I think the Comp will be the poorer for this decision. I have found significant value in the rule interpretations you've offered, which seem to me to reflect clear thinking on the issues, even where I do not agree with your conclusions.

jaded wrote on Monday, April 11, 2011 - 07:19 pm:

Loh you're a dip poop.

Redundant - we already knew your view on this matter, unnecessary and regrettable. Though perhaps no more so than the comment to which you are responding.

But you already knew what my reaction was likely be as well. Perhaps I'm the one being redundant.

just my view
p3t3

peterloh

Post Number: 4077

Monday, April 11, 2011 - 10:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3,

You have presented an objective and fair comment which is a credit to you and your integrity. I have stated my opinion and although like any family that have different views, I was going along with the majority views.
You rightfully quoted that I was referring to the stock exchange system which set up the guidelines for shares transaction.I present my views as I see it and for those that know me, I was already trading shares from the days of the chalkies.The awareness of stocks in Australia is a late development when the mums and dads were allocated with shares from the previously mutual society and a later stage, the sale of public assets using the stock exchange as a listing.There is no illegality in what I say, if anything my suggestion mimics closely to the stock exchange system.Even the least I could do is to present my views strongly which I did which I think in any democratic society it is most well come without being attacked. Confrontational approach and personal attacks and lapping dogs are not doing this competition any favour which you have administered very well.Dolphin can vouched that I told him that I got on board AQC and SAU last Thursday and Friday, of which I could also have entered for the competition.If I know that it is not possible for me to have a "hold", I would not put myself at a disadvantage to suffer a loss as 5c, as we know is the minimum limit.
For me it is water under the bridge now, Colin should really look into this as I do not think any personal attack or aggressive behaviour in the Forum is warranted.

Cheers,

Peter

p3t3

Post Number: 496

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 01:23 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3 ALK exit tomorrow's open :

Almost double ($1-21 to $2-39) in 17 trading days. Gap-up reversal day, with a longish upper tail.

I might be too early on this one, though that tends to be my style : too early or way, way too late.
It just feels like time for this run to have a rest.
If rallying behaviour resumes I'll be tempted to pick it again at the next opportunity.

p3t3

Post Number: 497

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 05:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 2, Tuesday :

Peterloh remains in the lead.
LuckyPhil has replaced Rockon in the silver position.
I've shot myself in the foot with an early exit, ALK finished $0-07 higher than my exit. Ah well, can only call 'em as I see 'em.

whiteowl

Post Number: 135

Tuesday, April 12, 2011 - 05:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whiteowl requests SSN out at open tomorrow

My nice big SSN triangle broke down and with $Volume.
Plus I dont think the XAO is happy about hitting 5000 exactly 360 days out from its last 5000 effort (15/04/2010).
Its a wierd and wonderful thing hey ?
Cheers

gdd3

Post Number: 1344

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 05:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

OK, Stampy, I have 'fulfilled' my part of the agreement and have finally 'steered' our good (ship) YTC in the right direction so I'll hand her over to you to take her to her intended destination!

Dolphin

P.S. Beware of the slight bow wave just ahead of you at 71c but the good thing is that I see now more after that!

p3t3

Post Number: 501

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 06:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 2, Wednesday :

LuckyPhil has taken over top spot.

Palace has jumped a few places to take the silver position.
I'm still thinking about the consequences of that early exit.

Not much green in this table, though.

stampy

Post Number: 320

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 07:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Wow .. you sure have..It's done EXACTLY what you said it would so far.
I'll take up from here and into friday.. maybe even next week.

Can you do me a huge favour and give me the lotto number for next week when your looking into that crystal ball of yours. Fond regards to the Master!~!~

regards

Stampy

gdd3

Post Number: 1346

Wednesday, April 13, 2011 - 11:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Stampy,

"It's done EXACTLY what you said it would so far"

...gee, that EXACTLY is a strong word and I admit I did say ...

"as long as we don't 're-visit' the 64c low B4 going above today's high(71c) first."...

But of course you knew I meant "TAKE_OUT" 64c, right!

Take her away, Stampy and enjoy the 'sail'.

Dolphin}}

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 1004

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 07:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vwm chart

not very inspiring ,just a possible buy on the magic 10 cents mark and not far from further support at 9.5

mick

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

p3t3

Post Number: 502

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 06:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 2, Thursday :

Peterloh back on top.

A bit more welcome green in the table, largely from the Dolphin/Stampy YTC pick.

whiteowl

Post Number: 136

Thursday, April 14, 2011 - 07:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete
My above post 135 (up about 6 posts) should have me closed out on Wed Open at 17c ?
Sorry to upset your fabulous record keeping
Catch it up in tomorrows End of Day Scoreboard if its easier
Thanks

p3t3

Post Number: 503

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 2, Thursday (modified):

Sorry Owl. Less haste, more speed required.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4770

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 10:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

Not sure what the rules are but I would like to continue on with GOLD into the next week. So if possible I would prefer not to exit at the COB today.

If that is not possible under the weird rules of the competition then I guess I would have accept a new start with a new entry on open on Monday.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

jaded

Post Number: 600

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 11:07 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the rules aren't weird,rdumas only some contestant's interpretation of them
like Gold isn't hovering around 5 cents so there is no problem with your Gold LC.

cheerio

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

p3t3

Post Number: 504

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 11:41 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 10:59 am:

I would like to continue on with GOLD into the next week

I don't see any problem with an LC on your GOLD pick.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4771

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 11:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Pete.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

jaded

Post Number: 603

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded YTC LC

I'm anticipating a Trading Halt today 2 pm or after Close or pre Monday Open.
p3t3 IF 2 pm today and assuming halt carries over to Monday or Tues next week,would I get last trade price today as my entry?

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

p3t3

Post Number: 505

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 01:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded wrote on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 12:55 pm:

p3t3 IF 2 pm today and assuming halt carries over to Monday or Tues next week,would I get last trade price today as my entry?

Good question.

Since your current position is EYE I expect any halt before the close would lock you out of this pick, since your existing pick doesn't expire until today's close.

I'm open to other opinions, but that's how I'm seeing it for now.

best
p3t3

gdd3

Post Number: 1349

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 01:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3..

"Since your current position is EYE I expect any halt before the close would lock you out of this pick, since your existing pick doesn't expire until today's close."

Yep, agree....you may not know it, Pete, but this 'action' was discussed B4 and your interpretation above was the common sense 'consensus' ruling.

D'jaded...nice one...I have sent an e-mail to the ASX 'requesting' a trading halt on EYE B4 stumps to make it 'official' to ensure you don't have two stocks at the same time.....joshin'!

Dolphin

P.S. To the other half of, quote..."d'bobsy twins", Stampy... well 'sailed' to ensure OUR YTC got to its 79c destination. As for next week, "Two's company, Three's a crowd!"

jaded

Post Number: 604

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 01:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No that'd be right re EYE.If it went into trading halt,I would NOT be able to switch to YTC.

I just want to point out an 'adaption' to the Long Standing Rule re LC picks.

It was passed and agreed that LC entries[my YTC] could be on NEW picks as long as entry was before 4 pm Close Friday ie not only continues over from one week to the next.
This was so Gaps Monday Open could be anticipated/foretold on ANY share one was interested in being next week's GOer.

Yes it made the term "Continue" redundant but there was no support for a name change into,say,LG Long Gapper as a pre friday close entry.

Anyway,I've stated I will no longer be involved in Rule Disputes ie making or judging Protests.The above is my attempt at clarification of the Rules so future unpleasant incidents do not rear up again.

happy trading

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

p3t3

Post Number: 506

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 03:02 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3 ALK GTC

Out too soon, so back in should be the right move :

Looking pretty overbought, but as I've just (re)learned - overbought doesn't mean it can't get more overbought.
Has held up remarkably well to the pullback in the major international indices, and in the resource majors, BHP/RIO.
JimmySwell's 11ATR 2x H/L stop is now applied, so there is no obvious reason to exit until that stop's been hit.

p3t3

Post Number: 507

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 03:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Friday, April 15, 2011 - 01:45 pm:

you may not know it, Pete, but this 'action' was discussed B4 and your interpretation above was the common sense 'consensus' ruling

Was not aware, thanks Dolphin. Nice to know I'm getting it roughly right.

best
p3t3

stampy

Post Number: 322

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 03:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy LC JMS

Chart to follow .

Regards
Stampy

peterloh

Post Number: 4078

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 03:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh RVR LC

Chart to follow.

gdd3

Post Number: 1350

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 03:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, EYE, L.....Nah, just joshin!

P3T3 ...WFE is my real pick, pls!

Dolphin, WFE, LC

I wish Friday's open was actually a Monday's open(or Thurs. night's close was Fri.)....in other words, one day late to be perfect but I think she's going to GAP on Monday as she's having a real strong finish into today's close.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Dolphin}}

(Message edited by gdd3 on April 15, 2011)

p3t3

Post Number: 511

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 04:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 2, Friday....before any protests :

LuckPhil appears to have led the field home in the end.

Two silvers, and no bronze after YTC finished fast for Dolphin and Stampy.

stampy

Post Number: 323

Friday, April 15, 2011 - 08:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,

Not a protest!! And not a suggestion that the ruling was wrong as I believe that P3T3 has been a veryfair none biased judge of the rules!!

However being a learning competition I think it should be noted that if Peter had been allowed to keep his LC ATN he would have smashed us all with a +20% profit. Well done Peter.

PS Sorry Dolphin I couldn't keep it above .77.. I thought the glory was ours for a while but Phil showed how its done.. Still maybe next week can give us a little boost.. after all the SP might just lead the way for us tonight. I noticed a few LC trades today!!

Have a great weekend all.
Regards
Stampy

(Message edited by stampy on April 15, 2011)

p3t3

Post Number: 512

Saturday, April 16, 2011 - 03:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 2, final outcome :

Nicely done by the medal winners.

Another tough week, by the looks of all the red and pink.

peterloh

Post Number: 4080

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 12:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy, I am not out of pocket with ATN. On the contrary because of my resolve, I added quite a few more to it. I am glad a few of you joined me and jumped on board too.

Dolphin, I like your WFE, just to let you know how I see it.The Bollinger Bands are so tight, that it has to give way. From my observation, it is going to shoot up, as the MACD and MACD histogram is starting to turn positive.

toby
Username: toby

Post Number: 17

Monday, April 18, 2011 - 04:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WFE hadn't moved for a long time, just dead flat on 0.015 with no volume for years. What is the average standard deviation over the last 20 days when the price hasn't moved?
It's little wonder the Bollinger Bands ballooned out so prolifically when out of the blue it opens at 24c with an intraday high of 28.5c. But dose that count?

20 days after trading at this new TRADING price range and the Bollinger bands retract for obvious reasons. Dose it mean the stock has suddenly gone less volatile? no. It just means the 2.5 x 20 day average standard deviation is based off days when the stock has actually traded.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2011...April to June Challenge...Week 4p3t325 30-Apr-11  06:56 pm
NTU and a Exit Stategyjaded34 27-Apr-11  11:59 am
PHK - Phoslockp3t326-Apr-11  01:02 am
2011...April to June Challenge...Week 3azworkinit42 24-Apr-11  10:54 am
SHC - Sunshine Heart, Incdennis_menace23-Apr-11  12:58 am
CEO - C @ Limiteddennis_menace21-Apr-11  01:52 pm
CCU - Cobar Consolidated Resources Limiteddennis_menace21-Apr-11  01:42 pm
JMS - Jupiter Mines Limiteddennis_menace21-Apr-11  01:33 pm
JPR - Jupiter Energy Limiteddennis_menace21-Apr-11  01:28 pm
LMG - Latrobe Magnesium Limiteddennis_menace21-Apr-11  01:12 pm