You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

2011...April to June Challenge...Week 11

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through December 20, 2011 » 2011...April to June Challenge...Week 11

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 611

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 05:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "March Equinox to June Solstice Challenge ".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning April 4th and run until July 1st over a period of 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

This stock tipping Challenge will use Monday's open price for the entry and Friday's close as the exit.

An intra-week "Stop" may be nominated on any day - Monday to Thursday - and will be taken as having been received after that day's market close. The closing price of the position will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit price. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. Any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. They may then nominate to "Stop" out at the following day's open, or retain the position until a normal Friday exit is automatically applied.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital of $10,000 may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions of $5,000 each, if they choose, or continue to use the $10,000 on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

It's not about how good you are....it's about how bad you want it :

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 509

Saturday, June 11, 2011 - 07:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

JimmySwell CPL L
d
Bounced up off support with an island, so I'm hopeful it will continue track up to $1.90 over the next week.

rdumas
Username: rdumas

Post Number: 4953

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 08:39 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

Even though I anticipate a down market for most of the week, I'll take a punt in going long on ACR. It appears to have a base at $3.64 which coincides with the lower boundary of a rising channel and a rising 20 day SMA. The SMA and channel has held since March so here's hoping.

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 359

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 09:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

DXS
Broken out from .90 and retraced to find support
Nice volume Thur

dxs

The road to success is always under construction

lucky_phil
Username: lucky_phil

Post Number: 226

Sunday, June 12, 2011 - 09:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lucky Phil TCM L

Back to TCM this week. Still trading within its trend channel and nice move on better volume Friday. Hoping it will continue toward the upper trend channel border next week.
Good luck all for the coming week
Phil

Whoa you know you can't spend what you ain't got,
you can't lose what you ain't never had - McKinley Morganfield

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 470

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 10:51 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon SDL L

Last few touches on 34 support were on lower volume but the last two down days of last week were on higher volume which isn't a good sign so I'm hoping for one more move down on low volume before bouncing.Tiny divergence on the last bar of the weekly MACDH could also indicate it is ready for a bounce, but overall, really taking a punt on support holding.......Also praying that the little media coverage that this company has received over the last few days will cancel out or slow down any panic selling due to Fridays' dismal U.S performance.

p3t3

Post Number: 614

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 03:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Wow, only 5 entries, plus my ongoing GTC....a record low for participation.

No trading on the ASX today - Queen's Birthday holiday -
so entry deadline is extended to before the Market Open on Tuesday
since nobody can be disadvantaged by that....
allowing an opportunity for anybody who might like to contemplate making a late selection.

best
p3t3

It's not about how good you are....
it's about how bad you want it

rdumas

Post Number: 4959

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 03:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete,

As I anticipate a possible low to the current decline sometime next week you may find that the following week may see a return to normality.

(Message edited by rdumas on June 13, 2011)

I've given you my view based on what I know now. In another 5 minutes that view might change because of additional information. It's the best I can do - Rudy

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 146

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 09:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete
Just back from the 'long' weekend so thanks for the extra day
BLT please (and thats not a Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich)
Looking for the 31-42 channel to hold given most of the money is now above the 31 line
Cheers all

whiteowl

Post Number: 147

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 09:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete
Just back from the 'long' weekend so thanks for the extra day
BLT please (and thats not a Bacon Lettuce and Tomato sandwich)
Looking for the 31-42 channel to hold given most of the money is now above the 31 line
Cheers all

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 250

Monday, June 13, 2011 - 11:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,
Yep just got back, and thanks to the extra day.
Il take CEO please which is trending above the 30 day EMA,
looks like it has support at .055 cents with MACD indicators and histogram trending above zero.
As well Twiggs money flow trending above the zero line.
Also the daily chart showing price trending up and testing previous support and resistance lines.

http://www.australiancattledogrescue.com/helpus.htm
Australian Cattle Dog Rescue are always looking for caring people to look after rescued dogs in the short term.
Pounds and shelters can only hold them for a very short period before they must be put down if no home is found.
Do you have room to look after a rescued dog until a permanent home can be found for him or her?
Australian Cattle Dogs - Loyal-Fun-Loving & Best Friend

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1420

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 12:42 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, BKY, L

"Make or Break Time" so just on a "Whim" I'm going for BKY as I think she will finish higher over the week. Not much obvious traditional +ve T/A support with this so I thought it best to "create" my own!!!

Hey, Owl, really like your "TAZ" like BLT; only trouble is she's "underweight"(priced) for this 'event'....oh, yah, the "5c- rule". Have two other of the same "weighting" that I would enter up against your BLT in PIE and ZRL if allowed!

Good luck to those brave sailors this week; just may be the "winds of change" are about to reward your bravery!

Cheers
Dolphin

(Message edited by gdd3 on June 14, 2011)

p3t3

Post Number: 615

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 03:19 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdumas wrote on Monday, June 13, 2011 - 03:55 pm:

As I anticipate a possible low to the current decline sometime next week you may find that the following week may see a return to normality.

Ah yes, chart patterns have not been particularly, nor generally, supportive of stock picking lately....
but still, even in a declining market there are opportunities :

ALK was my 'carry-over' pick from the previous comp
...and I could have included ILU - both seeing support from a recent doubling-and-a-bit in the price of zirconium....
and definitely where I should have been holding instead of hiding in ZGL.

20-20 hindsight.

best
p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 616

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 03:22 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3 wrote on Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 12:42 am:

oh, yah, the "5c- rule"

Dolphin is right, Owl.

Your BLT pick will be disqualified before it gets to the starting line.
Anything else you fancy before the Tuesday open?

best
p3t3

rdumas

Post Number: 4961

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 07:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You're right there Pete. If only we had a crystal ball so we could better use the 20-20 hindsight.

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 30

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 07:40 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete

My apologies for the late entry! BRU GTC please

Best Wishes to all this week

Cheers GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 1078

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 08:30 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags PGM

Going with the Ice Queen again this week please P3t3.I still have an expectation that this is turning a corner.

Be nice to see price hit that upper Bband and then bounce of the 20 day ma.

Rags

whiteowl

Post Number: 148

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 09:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Guys
You are right. Scratch the BLT Order
Go for AJM please
Thanks

baggus
Username: baggus

Post Number: 101

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 09:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Baggus, TCM, L

One of a few stocks that has been trending up whilst the rest of the markets have been trending down. On Friday TCM broke out above the 150 Day moving ave and on good volumes as well so I am hopeful of a break above 30c this week that should bring in some more buying.

whiteowl

Post Number: 149

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 05:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete, AJM chart
Thanks ggd3 for pointing out that 'banana skin' on my starting line.
AJM pivots 13 17.5 22 ?
Last 2 buy surges kicked off from 17.5
Gap from last surge just closed.
Taz setup, but not triggered. MA's ok (except 10dma)
No ASX announcements (waiting for some news ?)
Cheers all

p3t3

Post Number: 617

Tuesday, June 14, 2011 - 07:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 11, Tuesday :

Great start by Rockon, Rags and JimmySwell.
Good work by GameFisherman to remain in the green.

Otherwise the table seems to reflect today's flat market, after it recovered from the opening swoon.

p3t3

Post Number: 618

Wednesday, June 15, 2011 - 06:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 11, Wednesday :

Rockon remains leader.
JimmySwell and Rags have swapped positions.
Breaker_1 has moved up into the green.

Still wintry conditions for small caps, but some still manage to do well.

p3t3

Post Number: 621

Thursday, June 16, 2011 - 05:33 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 11, Thursday :

Rags has now overtaken Rockon....by simply staying the same.

The rest of the table reflects today's tough trading conditions.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 471

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 03:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon SDL LC

Chart later....Thanks p3t3.

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 32

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 03:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete

Please close BRU for me at end of trading today....

Cheers and Have a great weekend all.......

GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

p3t3

Post Number: 624

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 05:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 11, Friday :

A late burst from JimmySwell has been enough to grab him top spot for the week.
Rags not too far behind.
Rockon and Breaker_1 have done well to stay in the green.

Another tough week, so results could have been worse.

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 510

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 07:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Woo hoo!
All I have to do is gain 17% each week for the next 2 weeks to break even back up to $5K.

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 1079

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 07:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ah me ol mate Jimmy done me at the post.

thanks Pete ,,,doing a fantastic job.

Sincerely
Rags

p3t3

Post Number: 625

Friday, June 17, 2011 - 08:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

thanks Pete ,,,doing a fantastic job.

Thanks Rags,

it's nice to have your seal of approval.

best
p3t3

p3t3

Post Number: 626

Saturday, June 18, 2011 - 05:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 11, no protests received...so final outcome :

JimmySwell and Rags making a late run, in tough market conditions.

Rockon maintaining his recent consistency,

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2011...July to September Challenge...Week 3p3t339 26-Jul-11  11:25 am
Djs bf shortstickman23-Jul-11  10:18 am
EVGgamefisherman21-Jul-11  08:20 am
2011...July to September Challenge...Week 2gdd333 17-Jul-11  11:11 pm
YTC Resources YTCjaded15 10-Jul-11  11:51 am
2011...July to September Challenge...Week 1p3t326 09-Jul-11  04:12 pm
XRF - XRF Scientific Limiteddennis_menace09-Jul-11  03:32 pm
PXS...Pharmaxis Ltd.gdd308-Jul-11  01:39 pm
2011...April to June Challenge...Week 13 (final week)espresso25 05-Jul-11  11:49 pm
2011 - April - June Compounding Scoreboardp3t314 02-Jul-11  05:53 pm
BGL - Bigair Group Limiteddennis_menace27-Jun-11  09:00 pm
2011...April to June Challenge...Week 12gamefisherman26 26-Jun-11  11:18 pm
2011...April to June Challenge...Week 10p3t330 11-Jun-11  05:16 pm
DRXtoby07-Jun-11  08:40 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»