You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

2011...July to September Challenge...Week 6

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through December 20, 2011 » 2011...July to September Challenge...Week 6

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 518

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 10:10 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "June Solstice to September Equinox Challenge ".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning July 4th and run until September 30th over a period of 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" may be nominated on any day - Monday to Thursday - and will be taken as having been received after that day's market close. The closing price of the position will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit price. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

jimmyswell

Post Number: 519

Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 10:14 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Churchill said that a pessimist finds difficulty in opportunity whilst an optimist finds opportunity in difficulty.

This week will certainly put that to the test.

I'm seeing bargains all over the place, so it's no surprise which of the two tribes I subscribe.

jimmyswell

Post Number: 520

Saturday, August 06, 2011 - 10:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell CNX L
c
Carbon Energy actually went up during the day on Friday.
The past 2 times that it's tested support at 19c, the following week has been a climber. Will the third time be a charm?

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 492

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 08:20 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon SDL L

No T/A at all involved in this weeks pick. Currently under a friendly takeover offer of 50 cents with the board rejecting this but suggesting a sweetened offer of around 20% higher will get their serious interest.After Fridays' panic hoping for this one to at least get back up to 50 this week.Have a limit order to buy in place wich may or may not get filled this week with a quick exit to follow if it does....Risk, of course is for the predator to pull the offer all together.!!!

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 645

Sunday, August 07, 2011 - 09:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded DYE GTC

Meets some of the criteria for taking positions Long in speculatives during the Bear.
a]It is near production thru Tata Steel
b]It has a financing arrangement that will not require Capital Raising in the forseeable future
c]Good prospects for further JV's being announced.

I had a Stop Loss 46 cents on this but didn't activate it Friday because after being hit at open with a substantial Sell Order [180k ish] DYE had "eager" buyers at Volume to absorb the Panic Sellers and put thru near 3 times the 14 day average Volume so I'm "hoping" Friday is a classic pivot candle and short term down at 48ish is target to be broken.
Then I'm anticipating some news whatever to take DYE back to the 150Day hopefully to break this.

Risks- DYE relies on various Global Governments committing to Climate Change or at least Alternative Energy sourcing.Will such grants be forthcoming in these Economic Times? DYE,however is being "backed" in Japan for alternative nuclear power generation so is in 'sweet' there.

There is also some risk/possibility that it's Financier,Springtree Investments may reneg on it's 3 year monthly Finance Deal due to the US Crisis.
This is a remote chance but nastier things can happen.

So I'm GTC but could be out before next Friday.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 271

Monday, August 08, 2011 - 01:16 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,
I will stay with EEG L please.
could go either way, prepared to take the risk, for a small reward.

http://www.australiancattledogrescue.com/helpus.htm
Australian Cattle Dog Rescue are always looking for caring people to look after rescued dogs in the short term.
Pounds and shelters can only hold them for a very short period before they must be put down if no home is found.
Do you have room to look after a rescued dog until a permanent home can be found for him or her?
Australian Cattle Dogs - Loyal-Fun-Loving & Best Friend

p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 725

Monday, August 08, 2011 - 04:33 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3 SAR L :

As the market sold off there was definite buying interest in this one, with supportive volume and a clear support level to allow a tight stop.

Thanks for getting this thread started JimmySwell.

I haven't lost my mind,
I know it's here somewhere.....

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 1013

Monday, August 08, 2011 - 08:18 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace JKA

,possible reversal likely on that last candle ,

cheers

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

p3t3

Post Number: 726

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 01:44 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Monday :

Espresso is off to a great start.

Remarkable balance of green to red in this table, considering the day's trading
in the broader market.

I haven't lost my mind,

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1482

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 09:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, RED, L

If you are going to be in this market(and competition) I guess you should be on a "Goldy"(or EFT GOLD). Now since (EFT)GOLD has already zoomed away I guess I'll have a go for RED....TAZ set-up yesterday!

p3t3

Post Number: 727

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 10:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Tuesday :

Espresso retains the lead.
Dolphin has made an excellent start.

I haven't lost my mind,

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 162

Tuesday, August 09, 2011 - 11:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Owl, AZZ, L

Massive oversell in a share which had plenty of beans a week ago.
The ASX 'please explain' query blamed a single big seller squeezed out by margin calls.
Lets see ..
Cheers All

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 56

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 09:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman VOR L please chart to follow

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

gamefisherman

Post Number: 57

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 10:09 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman VOR L please

After coming out of a trading halt and announcing a major new copper discovery, strong market depth might propel this stock to even newer levels.

Best Wishes to all
Cheers

GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

p3t3

Post Number: 728

Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 07:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Wednesday :

Espresso and Dolphin have retained their respective positions, though
Dolphin is now pressing quite hard.

A very healthy proportion of green in the table.

I haven't lost my mind,

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1488

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 09:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, RED, SELL}

gamefisherman

Post Number: 58

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 03:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3 Gamefisherman SELL VOR at close today please.

p3t3

Post Number: 729

Thursday, August 11, 2011 - 05:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Thursday :

Dolphin has leapt to the lead, and right out of the position.

Some nice results in this table, in very volatile market conditions.

GameFisherman I'll refer you back to the rules - your first available exit is tomorrow's
open, which is the exit price I'll apply.

I haven't lost my mind,

gamefisherman

Post Number: 59

Friday, August 12, 2011 - 09:16 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3

I will re read the rules, my apologies for the error.

Best Wishes
GF

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 4093

Friday, August 12, 2011 - 05:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please close, HLX please. It was on GTC.

peterloh VOR L please. Chart to follow.

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

p3t3

Post Number: 731

Friday, August 12, 2011 - 11:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Friday....before any protests :

Dolphin's timely exit has seen him retain the lead.
Fast-finishing JimmySwell and Jaded filled the other places.

A healthy-looking table, overall.

Peterloh your exit notification was time-stamped well after today's close, so
your first available exit is Monday morning. Compliance with the "one entry per
week" rule means your existing GTC will be the only entry available to you
before Friday's close - for an LC entry, should you choose to proceed with it.

I haven't lost my mind,

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 273

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 02:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

considering the volatility of the markets, nice to see a lot more greens than reds. Well done to the winners.
Cheers

http://www.australiancattledogrescue.com/helpus.htm
Australian Cattle Dog Rescue are always looking for caring people to look after rescued dogs in the short term.
Pounds and shelters can only hold them for a very short period before they must be put down if no home is found.
Do you have room to look after a rescued dog until a permanent home can be found for him or her?
Australian Cattle Dogs - Loyal-Fun-Loving & Best Friend

p3t3

Post Number: 732

Saturday, August 13, 2011 - 04:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, no protests received...so final result :

Particularly exit nice timing by Dolphin, achieving the highest close for the week
in his pick.

Really very nice results for the first six places.

I haven't lost my mind,

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 4094

Sunday, August 14, 2011 - 04:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Pete,

Please leave HLX as GTC please? Forget about the VOR, sorry for oversight.

Regards,

Peterloh

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2011...July to September Challenge...Week 11p3t333 17-Sep-11  04:22 pm
2011...July to September Challenge...Week 10ehmu45 17-Sep-11  04:09 am
Gtg cup and and handlepalace11-Sep-11  02:49 pm
2011...July to September Challenge...Week 9ehmu34 09-Sep-11  01:28 am
2011...July to September Challenge...Week 8rockon85 05-Sep-11  09:56 am
BOW - Bow Energy Limiteddennis_menace27-Aug-11  03:03 pm
Qbe bear flagehmu21-Aug-11  03:47 am
2011...July to September Challenge...Week 7p3t329 20-Aug-11  07:52 pm
OK, if you must trade in this market!gdd318-Aug-11  11:19 am
Does Hilarius now have a white beardhershy11-Aug-11  08:29 pm