You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

2011...July to September Challenge...Week 10

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through December 20, 2011 » 2011...July to September Challenge...Week 10

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Movers and shakersehmu17-Sep-11  04:09 am
Get the grand prize--Best Tipster Competition Contestp3t308-Sep-11  10:53 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 781

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, September 02, 2011 - 10:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "June Solstice to September Equinox Challenge ".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning July 4th and run until September 30th over a period of 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" may be nominated on any day - Monday to Thursday - and will be taken as having been received after that day's market close. The closing price of the position will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit price. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied - NOTE - failure to do this could result in disqualification of the entry. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

I haven't lost my mind,
I know it's here somewhere.....

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 528

Saturday, September 03, 2011 - 08:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell MIX L
m
It's all in the gangbusters share price over the past 2 weeks, confirmed by the other indicators I normally use (Williams, DIs, MAs).

peter1
Username: peter1

Post Number: 243

Sunday, September 04, 2011 - 12:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Peter1 APG LC

Attracted to the rising TMF.
Hoping demand continues and the supply runs out next week.

APG01

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 659

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 08:52 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jaded SHD L

News of JORC upgrade not issued yet. there is at least a 5/10% Depth Spread even under 10 cents in this.
Sellers reluctant to meet as are buyers.

A trading price suitable for Supply [selling] to meet Demand[buying]?
13/15 cents was the trading range 3 months ago and my Go is that SHD will trade there again soon,this week.

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 1018

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 09:21 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace CVY L

market cap 36 million

had 8 mill in the bank june30

Recent report sent it on its way ,before consolidation and then on again ,moving averages all to the good,gold up ,but general market down ?

cheers mick

\

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 503

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 09:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon SVL L

Forming a parabolic trend.Hoping for that to continue on the back of gold & silver safety if one could call it that.Only an explorer and current M/D is swayed towards the sellers which may slow things down.

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1523

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 09:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, CTO, L

She looks like she has "Double Bottomed" and it is in the right sector!

Good pick, Rockon!

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 70

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 09:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman

Hi P3t3 ZYL L please chart to follow

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 71

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 10:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman

Hi P3t3 ZYL L please chart to follow
ZYL market speculation of pending coal acquisition according to recent announcement clarified by company in recent ASX announcement,After gapping up last Friday ZYL experienced heavy selling, however with a rising 5 and 10 SMA the market forces of demand appear to be favourable for a price increase, rising ADX, crossover of MACD, although might be a little early time will tell....

Best Wishes

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 288

Monday, September 05, 2011 - 11:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,
NGF L please, MACD indicators separating and crossing over the zero line. Histogram indicators above zero, price higher highs and higher lows supported with volume.TMF marinating a strong flow above zero, 20 EMA crossed over 200 EMA. Small Price breakout from the past 2 weeks.
Cheers

Please take some time to think about the people and things you care most about in your life.
After taking care of your loved ones, please include a gift to your favourite charities in your will.
Include a charity week 12-18 September 2011. http://includeacharity.com.au

p3t3

Post Number: 786

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 01:07 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Monday :

SHD has started off the week well for both Ehmu and Jaded. Ehmu has the
added benefit of the Friday close as his open.

Peter1 your pick was disqualified for an open below $0-05....please review
the rules, being the first post of this and every Comp thread, if you're
unsure of why this has happened.

Espresso your NGF pick will get tomorrow's open as its entry, and so will be
reflected in tomorrow's table.

I haven't lost my mind,

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 633

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 08:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth CHN L

After forming a rounded bottom with many failed intraday attempts to break above 34c resistance, Chalice Gold broke out on strong volume yesterday. It may retest the break before moving on where I'll be looking to perhaps buy. I would not buy at current level as there is a resistance zone just overhead above 40c. Chart shows MAs have crossed and ADX is turning up below both DIs.

chndly

p3t3

Post Number: 787

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 04:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Tuesday :

Our aquatic mammal has surged into the lead, amazing result for a broadly
down day.

Ehmu's SHD has slipped a little, allowing Espresso - making a bright start on a
tough day for most - to split the two SHD picks.

Difficult trading conditions - for long only positions - look set to continue.

I haven't lost my mind,

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1417

Tuesday, September 06, 2011 - 10:41 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

CQT Long

Triangle and trend line break ,volume spike but no build up much to the spike ? might be a good or bad thing ? , macd up and stochastic turned up, a full candle with volume like that is a good indicator there will be some follow through tomorrow

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

gdd3

Post Number: 1524

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 09:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Pete...Pls sell my CTO at dawn thanks!

Whilst I'm still looking for 8.2c before she may "fold over"; that may happen mid day and very unlikely to happen at the close on Friday.

Cheers
Dolphin}

jaded
Username: jaded

Post Number: 660

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 05:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I regret being so nit picky,p3t3 but emhu had SHD LC last week,all last week.
His entry should have been closed last Friday.He didn't have a GTC [good til cancelled] but a LC.
I thought the rules were a LC gave Friday's close but had to be renewed weekly.[It's a GTC that allows set'n'forget].
I see no post showing renewal of his last week LC entry to this week.Remember he started WEEK 9 NINE with SHD LC.Can't see renewal for week 10.

Anyhow the issue of rolling LC and GTC into one term to simplify rules has been previously discussed.

I may not have emhu's classification LC or GTC correct.
As he is a dang 'may as well be a Yank' Canadian I have no problem with you giving him a break and letting his entry run til Friday whatever.

promise,not to get all peeved,pouty and petulant if d'good ol' boy gets a better medal than me on d'same share!

" Hear what you Say...
But see what you Do!"

Sir Zelman Cowen c 1970.

gdd3

Post Number: 1526

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 07:15 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I guess I have a "picky" regret also(in hindsight).... "picking/choosing" to get out of CTO at dawn...if only I was 1 min late!

Oh, well, I'll just have to take the 'good' instead of the 'better'.

I rule that those who get so picky(as above) should stop complaining unless there intent is to humour.

Dolphin

msparks

Post Number: 1418

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 07:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dug n Dolphin
what a great pick that was Dolphin

ehmu nominated a LC position in week 9 comp
doesn't a LC nomination mean your position is long for that week as a normal L position but the trade is also continued the following week with Fridays Close price as the entry price for the following week

and for Dolphins position, I don't think you can exit on the morning you request because the rules states

"An intra-week "Stop" may be nominated on any day - Monday to Thursday - and will be taken as having been received after that day's market close. The closing price of the position will be the next day's open price"

you were just born lucky Dolphin !!!

p3t3

Post Number: 788

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 11:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I agree with MSparks on both interpretations, and would like to thank him for his contribution.

Ehmu nominated SHD as LC in the early hours of the Monday morning of week 9. To me that means he gets continuation from week 9 into week 10, unless he elects to exit earlier. If he had nominated the pick before the Friday close of week 8 Jaded's interpretation would have been correct.

For Dolphin's exit - I will have to re-write the exit rule. As it stands he will get the Wednesday morning open as his exit. Thanks MSparks, for highlighting the effect of the current wording. These things are often only clarified by real-world testing.

I think instead the rule should allow "an exit nomination any time before the day's open to get that day's open as the exit price, otherwise the exit will receive the following day's open as the exit price" or words to that effect.

For now, the rules are as written. I'll review the text before next week's thread is posted.

best
p3t3

I haven't lost my mind,

p3t3

Post Number: 789

Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 11:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Wednesday :

Dolphin has enjoyed a significant benefit from one additional day's trading.

Just Ehmu and Jaded keeping him company in the green.

Overnight markets look more buoyant - tomorrow might see some of the other
picks getting a bit of the benefit.

I haven't lost my mind,

ehmu
Username: ehmu

Post Number: 656

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 12:39 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hello Jaded, Msparks and Peter:

Thank you for bringing it up, and clearing it up. I didn't totally understand the guidelines and benefits of LC.

It is fortunate for me that I can be so dumb, and so lucky simultaneously, with the same high order of magnitude.

I believe that SHD is a play that will likely last past the end of this current contest for me, subsequently I need to continue the position in to at least this target date. I'm guessing by the conversation that I need to re-classify SHD to be a GTC category. If that is allowed, then now would be the time, please re-classify GTC if there is no penalty involved.

Then, I need clarification on the terms of notification to carry the position in to the next quarterly competition. Is that even possible ?

thanks

_____ Hal

.......Not a recommendation to buy or sell equities

rockon

Post Number: 505

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 06:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

msparks wrote on Wednesday, September 07, 2011 - 07:59 pm:

doesn't a LC nomination mean your position is long for that week as a normal L position but the trade is also continued the following week with Fridays Close price as the entry price for the following week

p3t3 wrote on Friday, September 02, 2011 - 10:30 pm:

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp

If we are dissecting the rules then Ehmu should have put a GTC order for week 9. If the letter of the law is followed, Ehmu's LC, being posted on Monday morning for week 9 should have been given the Friday of week 9's close as an entry price for week 10 which I think he was . It don't make no difference whatsoever but IMO, Ehmu should have sat out of week 9 as he had an invalid entry.Using the same rationale as the EXIT rule anomaly, an LC on Monday (wether the market is open or not) is an order for the following week.

Maybe this part of the rulebook needs tweaking as well.

msparks

Post Number: 1419

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 07:46 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi
i put a trade in for cqt on sept 6
u may have missed it p3t3

probably get smashed today anyway

amazing how complicated a few simple rules can get

imagine making all the rules for a country

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 372

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 09:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L TVN

p3t3

Post Number: 790

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 10:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Wednesday (amended) :

Sincere apologies MSparks for the omission.

I haven't lost my mind,

p3t3

Post Number: 791

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 10:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Thursday :

Looks like Dolphin has indeed scored the high for the week in CTO - with a
spectacular outcome.

Ehmu is hanging onto second place.
MSparks now splits the duplicate SHD entries.

Sorry for the late posts everyone - ongoing software issues, I'm sorry to say.
These things can gobble up loads of time.

I haven't lost my mind,

p3t3

Post Number: 792

Thursday, September 08, 2011 - 10:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Rockon said : ....IMO, Ehmu should have sat out of week 9 as he had an invalid entry.

I don't think I can agree with this interpretation by my respected colleague.

quote:

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp.

From my perspective for a tipster who has no open position a pick lodged before Monday's open (or any other day's open) is nominating a "new" pick for the week in question, within the meaning of the rules. When the pick is specified as LC it means the pick is to continue into the following week as well. Where a tipster has an existing pick it means the pick is to be for the coming week, but using Friday's close as the open.

I'm open to other interpretations, but that's how I'm seeing it.

best
p3t3

I haven't lost my mind,

rockon

Post Number: 506

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 05:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon SVL GTC

Chart later.

peterloh
Username: peterloh

Post Number: 4100

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 12:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

peterloh VOR LC

Should continue with its good work

-------------------------------------------------
Disclaimer: Please note that comments made in this column is mainly for the interpretation of charts in technical analysis. It is not made in my professional capacity and should not be taken as advice.In my professional capacity I am only allowed to give advice on certain managed funds authorised by my license dealer.Any share discuss is for general interest and should not be relied on to make an investment decision.It is likely that I may own the shares that we discussed as a trade or as an investment. Please consult your stock broker or financial adviser in regard to your personal situation.

The views expressed here contain information derived from public available sources that has not been independently verified.No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.Any forward looking information in this representation has been prepared on the basis of a number of assumptions which may prove to be incorrect.It should not be relied upon as a recommendation or forecast by the writer.

stampy

Post Number: 373

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 03:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy LC TVN

stampy

Post Number: 374

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 07:48 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3

Post Number: 796

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 07:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Friday....before any protests :

As expected, Dolphin has put considerable daylight between his position and
that of the followers.

Espresso and MSparks have done exceptionally well to get as close as they
have done.

Good to see so many in the green.

I haven't lost my mind,

gdd3

Post Number: 1527

Friday, September 09, 2011 - 08:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

P3t3 and fellow competitors...

PROTEST! PROTEST! PROTEST! ....I hear from a distance!

Now Pete, you probably haven't been around in the weekly comp'n long enough to know what/who I am referring too, so you are excused(for being a great administrator and semantic specialist) BUT others will no doubt recall.

What I would really like to say is that I believe I should be allocated a 0.079 close out price for this week's position in CTO as this is the price that I would have expected from my understanding of the current ruling. Hence me saying "...I guess I have a "picky" regret also(in hindsight).... "picking/choosing" to get out of CTO at dawn...if only I was 1 min late!. You see, even though I agree with the anomaly MSParks has pointed out in the current wording and your acceptance that a re-wording may be necessary, I also say as a "O&G" and in fairness to all competitors my intent was clear...I expected to get Wednesday morning's open as the close-out price.

Pete, I am more than happy for you to apply the new ruling, as you have outlined "I think instead the rule should allow "an exit nomination any time before the day's open to get that day's open as the exit price, otherwise the exit will receive the following day's open as the exit price" or words to that effect"}, with my position this week.

Besides, it would makes for a "farsical" victory this week and maybe by the quarter's end if that is to be the case.

I leave it in your capable hands, Pete!

Cheers
Dolphin

}}}}}}}}}}}}

(Message edited by gdd3 on September 09, 2011)

p3t3

Post Number: 798

Saturday, September 10, 2011 - 05:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, adjusted for Dolphin's protest :

Dolphin has elected to have the modified rule on exits applied to his exit this
week, showing - in my opinion - true leadership in demonstrating the spirit
of the comp (in which no individual entrant should be able to obtain a significant
edge which might be unavailable to other entrants).

The consequence is that the results for the first three entrants are now much
closer, with all the more incentive for us all to do well in the remaining few weeks.

I haven't lost my mind,
TSX Stocks 15-minute delayed

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»