You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2011 October to December Challenge, Week 10

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through December 20, 2011 » 2011 October to December Challenge, Week 10

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 933

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 03:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "September Equinox to December Solstice Challenge".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning October 3rd and run until December 30th over a period of 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" request may be posted on any day. If posted on a trading day before the day's open it will receive that day's open price as the exit price. If posted after the open the exit price will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied - Please Note: failure to do this could result in disqualification of the entry. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

I haven't lost my mind,
I know it's here somewhere.....

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 107

Saturday, December 03, 2011 - 06:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3 and Fellow Traders
Gamefisherman ERM GTC please (continued from last week)

Here is an updated chart for ERM, will need to gather some momentum shortly in order for 24c to hold otherwise we may well see a retest of 21 support, first target still 30-31c.

Best Wishes to all
GF

(Message edited by gamefisherman on December 03, 2011)

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 549

Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 10:30 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell PRU L
p
I'm hoping that I read this as a reverse head and shoulders pattern.

I've never known the "correct" time period over which Head&Shoulders typically form, so I'd be keen to hear any learned guidance.

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 1020

Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 01:32 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Palace AVB L

Bounced off fibonacci 66% level on increased volume

cheers mick

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 319

Sunday, December 04, 2011 - 07:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,
AZG L GTC Please.
Newly listed 9 month history, 13 week TMF indicating a break through the zero line, MACD indictors also on the weekly indicating a crossover with the histogram above zero. On the Daily the price broke through the resistance line with a solid candle. Price movement having higher lows and very subtle higher highs. This may even open with a Gap.
AVB was my other pick. cheers and good luck.

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 388

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 07:51 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'll stay with my AZH.. its got to come good soon right ?

steven
Username: steven

Post Number: 18

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 08:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Steven BKY GTC
Potential Reverse Head and Shoulders pattern here with a first target of $0.52 which is previous resistance.A daily close below $0.33 and i will be wrong on this pattern

BKY

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 1089

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 08:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags still on the RUM plse

chart pending a row of inside days

Rags

p3t3

Post Number: 938

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 03:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Monday (revised) :

RUM has come good for Ragchewer, who is now off to a flying start.
LCT has reversed some of last week's movement, enough to push MSparks
into second place.

A fairly decent day in the broader market, largely reflected in this table, and
better than might have been expected from Friday's weak close in the US.

JimmySwell's entry was previously omitted - sorry JimmySwell.

I haven't lost my mind,

gamefisherman

Post Number: 108

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 04:02 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3

I noticed that I was given an open today of 24c but as it was a GTC and I entered last Friday week at close I think my open should be 24.5c as reflected in last weeks competition.

Hoping that the Momentum I spoke about earlier will soon kick ERM along, and also hoping that some of IVA's stellar performance over the last 14 days rubs off on ERM :-)

Thank You P3t3 for all your hard work to keep this comp going! :-)
Best Wishes
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

p3t3

Post Number: 939

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 04:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

GameFisherman said : I noticed that I was given an open today of 24c but as it was a GTC and I entered last Friday week at close I think my open should be 24.5c as reflected in last weeks competition.

Hello GF,

$0.245 was Friday's open. GTCs and LCs get Friday's close as their open for the following week. For ERM Friday's close was $0.24

Hope that's clear

best
p3t3

I haven't lost my mind,

gamefisherman

Post Number: 109

Monday, December 05, 2011 - 04:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thank you for the clarification on this P3t3

Cheers
GF

p3t3

Post Number: 940

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 06:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Tuesday :

On a down day for the broader market MSparks and GameFisherman were
able to improve their positions.

I haven't lost my mind,

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 389

Tuesday, December 06, 2011 - 07:30 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks to me like its formed a base.

but then again i thought that last week.

ADX lloks ok to me.

mkt in uptrend. MA's line up

regards
Stampy

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1554

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 08:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, SIH, L

Chart to follow

p3t3

Post Number: 941

Wednesday, December 07, 2011 - 06:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Wednesday :

GameFisherman improved his position and has gained the lead from MSparks.
RUM was unmoved by the selling elsewhere, and has kept Rags in second
place.

An up day for the market overall seems to have been concentrated in the
large cap stocks. Many of the smaller caps saw selling pressure.

I haven't lost my mind,

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1555

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 03:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's my 'silly' chart for my 'silly' choice(SIH) in this week's comp'n as promised. Its taken me two day's to try to justify her entry...and I still can't...I guess I was just not thinking when I pressed the "send" button.

Anyway, for what its worth, maybe I was imagining that a bottom pattern was forming with the B.B's(not shown) narrowing and that we had broken out, albeit sideways, of a triangular pattern also. One positive was the +ve M/D balance ATT which is still there BUT not many traders have been interested given the vols of the last two days.

In summary....I'm embarrassed!

Cheers
Dolphin

p3t3

Post Number: 942

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 06:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Thursday :

Rags has regained the lead.
Steven has leapt into second place with an impressive move.

A sideways day for the broader market, and for much of this table. It seems
there's some reluctance to anticipate the outcome from the Euro zone
meetings.

I haven't lost my mind,

ragchewer

Post Number: 1090

Thursday, December 08, 2011 - 11:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's me Rum chart

I went with it again after an NR5 formed,,,that being narrow range of 5 days ie an inside week and got lucky with a huge resource upgrade announced this week.

Nice to see the TA find the FA on the breakout as i'm very much a nincompoop with FA (and TA i hear CC say from the ocean floor)

oh non the less this time the luck wasnt bad luck.

need some Euro garbage to continue upward,,,looks like there's some serious upside here with that rounding base.

kind regards
Rags

ps Dolphin ,,,wheni looked at your chart and didnt see your TAZ trend definer i was quite shocked,,,no offence intended but not your usual style Sir.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 320

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 12:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,
Please close my position on AZG at end of day.
My pick for ext week is BSR Chart to follow.
Thank you

p3t3

Post Number: 944

Friday, December 09, 2011 - 04:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, Friday....before any protests :

Steven has claimed top spot with a late run.
Rags has held onto second place, RUM having retained its price level.

A down day for the broader market, as Eurozone concerns re-emerge.

I haven't lost my mind,

p3t3

Post Number: 945

Saturday, December 10, 2011 - 07:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 10, no protests received...so final outcome :

Second gold in a row for Steven.
Nice to see Rags in the medals, with a very nice result.
GameFisherman, Stampy and Shawky all did well to stay in the green.

A fairly balanced table in what was actually a down week for the broader
market.

I haven't lost my mind,

ragchewer

Post Number: 1092

Sunday, December 11, 2011 - 01:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3

Many thanks for your kind words and the silver medal

Your doing a fine job Sir !!!

Looks like we're in for a good week with some Euro trash on the news front.

Kind regards
Rags

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
VMS - nostalgia of tin miningdennis_menace20-Dec-11  10:00 pm
2011 October to December Challenge, Week 11p3t319 18-Dec-11  03:41 pm
EXS - Exco Resources Limitedsteven08-Dec-11  09:50 pm
2011 October to December Challenge, Week 9peterloh30 05-Dec-11  09:12 pm
KZLbati02-Dec-11  11:24 pm
2011 October to December Challenge, Week 8p3t319 26-Nov-11  04:35 pm
2011,,,October to December Challenge...Week 7p3t325 19-Nov-11  04:37 pm
AZZ - Antares Energy Limiteddennis_menace27 15-Nov-11  08:05 pm