You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

PDN

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through 2004 » Archive through October 02, 2004 » PDN

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
trumpcard
Username: trumpcard

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 02:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

(continuing on from archived post - https://forum.incrediblecharts.com/messages/8/209789.html)

Hi, this is my first attempt at pasting a chart so fingers crossed!
PDN has continued its strong uptrend since May, having previosuly retracing some 50% from the 17c high in March. The past week saw the release of the quarterly report which sounded quite promising, and Friday's volume was strong. I took a position at 16c just before the release of the ann on Friday. The close was quite bullish closing at the previous high of 17c. However, one thing that I'm unsure about is the past week's candle - is this pattern very bullish or does the long shadow signify uncertainty leading up to the release of the quaterly report?
In any case, ADX is rising although it has dipped just below +DI. Twigg's Money Flow (not shown) is rising. Worth noting is the price of uranium which hit a 20 yr high of US$18.50 in June. I would greatly appreciate others' views comments on this stock - I think it is definitely a mt-lt hold but is very susceptible to the price of uranium. Palladin's website features broker reports suggesting targets of 23-25c....Is this likely?

TrumpCard

PDN chart

perler59
Username: perler59

Post Number: 264

Saturday, August 07, 2004 - 03:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi TrumpCard.
The candle is bullish and this is a nice trend, but the volume is a bit ordinary. It's likely to retrace a bit on Monday, but so is just about everything judging by the US markets...

vermante
Username: vermante

Post Number: 166

Friday, August 13, 2004 - 10:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

trumpcard

As a Uranium player PDN has certainly got plenty of upside potential , given the escalating price of Uranium. PDN share price has doubled in 6 months . Another Uranium player ERA displays similar strength with the share price doubling in 18 months

Cheers

Vermante

soma
Username: soma

Post Number: 133

Friday, August 20, 2004 - 12:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Breaking out

Any resistance may not be valid as it is very long-term.

Cheers,
Soma

soma

Post Number: 157

Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 11:41 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

There she blows

Soma

farknose
Username: farknose

Post Number: 75

Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 11:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

whats your target

soma

Post Number: 160

Thursday, September 02, 2004 - 01:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Farknose

Not much experience predicting targets I only generally use a simple method of looking for the next clear level of resistance and then scale down its importance the more longer term it gets. I still acknowledge to some degree the existence of resistance even if it may in-fact be from 10 years ago. I like to look way back just for a big picture.

With that in mind looking at the long term chart I posted their a while back you will see I drew the all-time high line across the chart. So when the stock broke out above .17 my loose targets were .19 and then .25 These have been reached but because of the longterm nature of the previous highs it is impossible to discern if these are valid points on the chart or it's just the way the price action has gone and most people aren't even aware what happened 10years ago. What we do know if it can close above .25 we've go a closing all time high with only blue sky ahead. That would make for a very nice position to hold.

Regards,
Soma

malcolmgll
Username: malcolmgll

Post Number: 28

Friday, September 03, 2004 - 01:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi ALL

I've just got to post a great big thank you to Spider who actually alerted me to this one a while ago. Thanks Spider you are a legend.

Mal G

malcolmgll
Username: malcolmgll

Post Number: 29

Friday, September 03, 2004 - 01:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all

I'm starting to wonder if this can be sustained?? Just in the few minutes I've been watching it is up 0.5c, 11.5c overall for the day on large volume. This is where I get nervous as I've managed to stuff up good profits before.

What does everyone think?

Mal G

perler59
Username: perler59

Post Number: 325

Friday, September 03, 2004 - 01:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mal.

Have a bet each way. Sell half now :-)

"If you donít deal with reality, reality will deal with you".

soma

Post Number: 162

Friday, September 03, 2004 - 02:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'm still holding albeit a relatively small position. I wish I added to this one instead of SLX which is another Uranium play (though a different part of the industry I think)

Perlers' advice sounds ok to me Mal. If you sell half now and it falls and you sell the rest you will be happy.
Sell half now and even if the price still goes up you've still got half your position to reap the rewards.
You hold all and it starts to fall dramatically and you watch for it to jump back up but doesn't. This could leave a bad taste in your mouth as it sounds like it has in the past. This feeling is one to avoid. Sell half and then be content in the knowledge there was no right or wrong to worry about you just did what you thought best and made money out of it.

I'm selling half at .335

Regards,
Soma

soma

Post Number: 178

Friday, September 17, 2004 - 12:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Blue skys shining again today

Hope your still holding some Mal

Regards,
Soma

kostas
Username: kostas

Post Number: 25

Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 12:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

this pick deserves credit...well done trumpcard for spotting it outcurrently at .58c . i like your style

cyph
Username: cyph

Post Number: 5

Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 04:10 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Volume looks a lot healthier now.

I may even jump on.

trumpcard
Username: trumpcard

Post Number: 9

Thursday, September 30, 2004 - 09:28 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks kostas :-) PDN has certainly been impressive! blue sky heading into the stratosphere :-) weekly volume is looking nice

Trumpcard

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
CSRdennis_menace01-Oct-04  11:28 pm
AGC - Agincourtdennis_menace01-Oct-04  11:11 pm
AWP - Arrow Pharmdennis_menace30-Sep-04  08:42 pm
RSG - Resolute Gold dennis_menace30-Sep-04  08:13 pm
EOS - Electro Opticdennis_menace30-Sep-04  07:02 pm
KZL - (Zinc) - Volume Breakoutmuzza30-Sep-04  06:57 pm
ALH - Aust Hosp Groupdennis_menace30-Sep-04  06:17 pm
ALS - Alesco Corpdennis_menace30-Sep-04  06:03 pm
GCLtrumpcard30-Sep-04  10:04 am