You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2012 January to March Challenge, Week 6

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through January 17, 2013 » 2012 January to March Challenge, Week 6

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
p3t3
Username: p3t3

Post Number: 1031

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 03:15 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "January Equinox to March Solstice Challenge".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning January 2nd and run until March 30th over a period of 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" request may be posted on any day. If posted on a trading day before the day's open it will receive that day's open price as the exit price. If posted after the open the exit price will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied - Please Note: failure to do this could result in disqualification of the entry. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

I haven't lost my mind,
I know it's here somewhere.....

p3t3

Post Number: 1032

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 03:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Espresso said : AZH L GTC for week 6 please.
chart to follow.

Hello George

That must mean you want to exit your existing AGS trade at today's close which, having posted at 3:54 (per your post's timestamp), you are certainly entitled to do.

I'll try to ensure your request is properly processed.

best
p3t3

I haven't lost my mind,

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1491

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 04:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

vmg L
been waiting for this one to get to 5 cents

lets hope it does not have a close below

hunter hall and macquarie bank are substantial shareholders

announcements look OK

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 341

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 04:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,
Just a quick reminder before you do the final score for week 5 you will notice that I have already closed my position on AGS.
Cheers

jimmyswell
Username: jimmyswell

Post Number: 560

Saturday, February 04, 2012 - 01:52 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

jimmyswell WGO L
w

TA - respected the long term 150d MA and has just bounced off it with two up days on elevated volume. 30c is the next resistance line to be tested.

FA - Warratah is an iron explorer in Africa. Published its quarterly activities report mid week, which may have led to the increase in vol/price on Thu & Fri. They are to commence drilling in Q1 and have exploration licences both sides of the border (Gabon/Congo) which spreads risk.

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 1022

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 12:42 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace L seh

small retracement last week then onwards for few more cents ,hopefully

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

breaker_1
Username: breaker_1

Post Number: 369

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 01:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice breakout on volume

Still a tough market

The road to success is always under construction

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 658

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 04:49 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth WGR L

Weekly has the Idiot MAs well positioned with a nice big MACD divergence. Higher Low and 1-2-3 reversal in the making.

wkly

Daily shows a rough Head & Shoulders and 1-2-3 forming the R shoulder – the reversal failed on the L shoulder, hopefully the TMF divergence indicates success this time.

If price can get above 22, next resistance zone is around 25c.

dly

(I’ve been doing a study of TMF divergence and this indicator has a very high success rate – thank you Colin )

Happy week everyone!

surferdude
Username: surferdude

Post Number: 60

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 07:04 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I'd like RUM L please. there's been some buying and Friday appears to indicate more to come

"Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs."
- Vaclav Havel

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1580

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 08:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, CCC, L

Chart to follow

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 396

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 08:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L EXE

After a terrible week last week i'm trying to get back on track
what doesn't go down should go up.
consolidation after the rally.
support at .18 is a little way away but the gap from 16 to 17 makes me think its heading higher.
Chart to follow

Have agood week all

Regards
Stampy

steven
Username: steven

Post Number: 23

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 01:52 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

breaker_1 wrote on Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 02:59 pm:

Still a tough market

As a fulltime trader i disagree with your comment

There is a bullmarket going on in a lot of small and mid-cap mining stocks in uptrends at the moment. The RUBBISH banks are making the XJO go sideways and so are hiding the bullish action happening underneath. The banks are nearly the same price now as they were last August.

Just today i have several stocks up nearly 5%

The current market is tough for investors but absolutely brilliant for traders

The trick is to know how to read a chart (price action) and see where the accumulation and distribution zones are from the big boys and follow in their footsteps

gdd3

Post Number: 1582

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 01:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's DOLPHIN's charts for CCC...

DAILY CHART indicates a probable Rounding Bottom with recent Vol. action hinting renewed enthusiasm of changing trend.

WEEKLY CHART shows a Double Bottom forming over the last 6 months, support coming from/near long term rising uptrend line and medium-term down sloping trendline and hinting a break from the BEAR ZONE into a new BULL ZONE on the Williams%R14.

Thats how Dolphin is viewing CCC at present...but will she continue going up this week?

Cheers
Dolphin

}

msparks

Post Number: 1492

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 02:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sell vmg tomorrows open please

gdd3

Post Number: 1583

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 04:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice "day-tradin'", Sparksie! Bit like our Dave Warner ... going for the big bash and gets some quick runs "on the board"...and then out of here... because you never know what fortunes just around the corner or at "the next outing".

Really hope you were "really" there in VMG and not restricted by our I.C. Forum rules(had to wait until 5c was reached before entering, right!).

Anyway, to the rest of us, Sparksie has "laid his cards on the table" or, should I say, "thrown down the gauntlet" for us to prove whether his decision was indeed "nice-tradin'".

Dolphin

________________________________________________________________________________ ______________________________________

"I manage to make money in bull and in bear markets "
}}}

espresso

Post Number: 342

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 04:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chart for AZH
Price movement with supporting volume.
weekly MACD indicators and histogram trending above zero.
Consecutive green bars with Higher highs and higher lows.
Trading above the previous high.
Thanks P3t3.

p3t3

Post Number: 1037

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 05:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Monday :

Dolphin, MSparks and JimmySwell are neck-and-neck in the lead, with
Steven not far behind at all.
Then daylight. Then...the rest of us.

A better day for the broader market, but not showing up evenly in the small
caps, if this table is any guide.

I haven't lost my mind,

msparks

Post Number: 1493

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 05:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Just trying to compound that 5K balance.
The last 2 comps I was down 20% in both I think, mainly from not exiting one on the first reversal and holding that LCT for ever after not taking the profit on offer.

VMG does not really meet my criteria , it was just an opportunity trade. Trading the first breakout from a base tends to fail too often in my opinion.

If i can get 5% per week that sounds pretty good to me so I take it under the comp rules at the next open, pity because I had 18% there before the close today...and i think there is probably some more to go for VMG.

I know you trade the pullbacks which usually sets up for a longer term move if it gets through the old high ....which then becomes a breakout trade with a lower initial entry level.
I prefer the breakout for the comp, pullbacks tend to keep pulling back or going no where or stop at the old high etc, which is frustrating on the weekly comp timeframe with next open exit criteria.

CCC looks hot , more to go there i think.
You may get 50% out of that if the market keeps bubbling along.I reckon it is a hot buy at the open tomorrow but everyone should have entered a few ticks over 22cents ideally.Let's see how far it goes by Friday ...

Much better than your last few picks mate, you were off your game there for a while.......
and a little unlucky not to win last week with ARD

I try to avoid any stock that has dot days is another criteria, they are very unreliable ...... so i did not like the look of ARD much... jmv

stampy

Post Number: 397

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 07:25 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

p3t3

Post Number: 1038

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 07:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Monday (modified) :

Espresso has been in touch to alert me to the omission of Stampy's pick
from the table. Thanks for checking Espresso.

I haven't lost my mind,

p3t3

Post Number: 1039

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 08:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

MSparks said: Just trying to compound that 5K balance...

Nice post Mark

Always helpful for the rest of us when a trader can take the time to elaborate on some of the guides used in his(her) trading methodology. Surely what the forum was designed for...

best
p3t3

I haven't lost my mind,

gdd3

Post Number: 1584

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 10:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yep, agree with P3T3 here, Sparksie ...NICE POST!

...P3T3's other comments has prompted me to continue with the following 'entertainment'...

MSparks said...

"Just trying to compound that 5K balance"....I think we all are but some have an extra agenda...to win!(me personally, I only enter 'competitions'... to win). Lessons that come along the way are free and equal for all.

"The last 2 comps I was down 20% in both I think, mainly from not exiting one on the first reversal and holding that GTC for ever after not taking the profit on offer".... Voila`(the penny has dropped); the realisation that this competition is best won by 'trading' it and, in addition(clue), nothing but the small caps...it has been proven many times over!

"VMG does not really meet my criteria,"...yes, I/we know that; only have to follow your 'Health Check Thread'... " it was just an opportunity trade"...maximise potential reward and minimise risk(I commend you for that). It use to amaze me that Dennis_Menace would enter a stock in our competition based on a 10yr P&F chart 'after the fact' conclusion.

"If i can get 5% per week that sounds pretty good to me..." ...ah!, the 'Perfect-World'; 5% per week compounded over a qtr gives a healthy ~ 80% gain on that start up $5000...just a pity the real market doesn't quite provide us with that(5% every week...unless you're earning 5% interest in a bank accn't ...only difference being is that it is per annum, right!). Never mind, I'm sure you're going to get more than 5% gain for this week's P&D entry at tomorrow's open as I agree there appears more left in VMG...besides, its only just started to tackle that huge 5.5c - 14c GAP and isn't that what most T/Aer's believe...gaps must be filled!

"I know you trade the pullbacks which usually sets up for a longer term move if it gets through the old high ....which then becomes a breakout trade with a lower initial entry level"....thats an interesting take on my trading style; never thought of it that way!

"I prefer the breakout for the comp, pullbacks tend to keep pulling back or going no where or stop at the old high etc....",...ah, yes BUT for those "breakouts" to occur a stock must have to have had a pullback of some degree so some, no many, do actually provide a lower risk higher reward scenario than breakouts...Too many manipulated 'false' breakouts these days for my liking. However, I much prefer 'false breakdowns' for stock buying.

"CCC looks hot , more to go there i think.
You may get 50% out of that if the market keeps bubbling along."
...50% will not be good enough this week for me to catch Ehmu at the top of the leader board but I'll take that and worry about Ehmu, or his replacement on another week....is that ok by you?

"I reckon it(CCC) is a hot buy at the open tomorrow but everyone should have entered a few ticks over 22cents ideally."...This is the only statement in your great post that I disagree with! Not so much the "buy at tomorrow's open" part but more particularly the entry level mentioned?$#%...I would have said an entry level at either last Thursday's close or Friday's open, i.e. ~ 19.5c...but I couldn't could I as I was already 'committed' with ARD last week!

"(CCC)Much better than your last few picks mate, you were off your game there for a while......." ... All very true; I was ashamed(and damn lucky that my good friend, Mr. Loh saved my bacon or I would have creating another record in this comp'n ...THREE CONSECUTIVE WOODEN SPOONS)...one W.S. is rare for this trader, two in a row was like re-peating a Lucky Phil or Jimmywells' Act but three would have been too much to bare! My 'escape' promted me to get back to being 'serious' in this competition...I wanted to break D'jaded's claim of coming from last to first in the shortest amount of weeks...but with a difference ..stay there!

"(I was)...a little unlucky not to win last week with ARD"... yep maybe but not as much as picking her in the annual comp'n over CCU, my second choice as stated.

"I try to avoid any stock that has dot days is another criteria, they are very unreliable"} ...I agree which brings me back to my analogy with a 'Dave Warner' trading style...no(few) 'dot' balls in his play!

All in good jest, Sparksie

Dolphin}}}

espresso

Post Number: 343

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 11:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice commentary Dolphin, your opinions have been missed IMHO.
Cheers

msparks

Post Number: 1495

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 05:53 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ooh Dolphin

you are far too competitive to be a good trader !

how did you overcome the psychology of accepting a loss ?

one of my biggest failings is accepting a loss or losing !!!

cheers

some of us still have to go to work ....

p3t3

Post Number: 1040

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 04:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Tuesday :

A timely exit has left MSparks very nicely placed.
JimmySwell and Steven have both moved up a place, at the expense of our
competitive aquatic mammal.

The Reserve Bank's decision on interest rates did nothing for the broader
market, apart from causing some panicky exit behaviour. The AUD
strengthened though, which will further crimp the offshore earnings of the
iron ore and coal producing majors. Small caps performed pretty much in
line with the XJO, though better than the materials sector.

I haven't lost my mind,

ehmu
Username: ehmu

Post Number: 737

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 04:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GOR_ax L please

Picking this stock in the middle of a consolidation will require some luck.

However support of 150ma and 10ma not far below.

Being that it has potentially a good run to the up side, and not too far down to support seems positive.

The European situation could easily go in its favor, since inflation seems the only legal option for governments.

It'll need to be a runner though, to catch the pack this week.

_____ Hal

.......Not a recommendation to buy or sell equities

ehmu

Post Number: 738

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 07:46 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ehmu wrote on Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 05:12 pm:

GOR_ax L please

Hi Peter:

Sorry to bounce around like this, but please cancel my request to take GOR at this time.

My reason is that EUR/USD looks like a potential short to me today, and I believe that gold will follow the EUR trade.

thanks, chart attached for EUR/USD

_____ Hal

p3t3

Post Number: 1041

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 03:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Wednesday :

MSparks has retained the lead.
Our competitive aquatic mammal has been elevated into the silver position,
just a squeak ahead of Espresso.
Steven remains well within range of the leaders.

A slightly up day for the broader market....more sideways really. The Small
Ords outperformed, as did the Energy sector, but Materials underperformed.

Hal....in the end GOR did OK today, though I can see some justification for
your reasoning. For me though, if the EUR is strengthening it suggests risk
aversion is abating, suggesting a weaker gold price. Equities, particularly
small caps, don't always move in a rational way compared with their
underlying commodity....just my view, eh.

I haven't lost my mind,

ehmu

Post Number: 739

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 01:12 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Peter:

My idea about taking a gold producer/explorer is likely flawed to a degree. I am consistent though in this regard; my opinion is always flawed.

Just for objectivity sake (mine), I'm attaching a chart of the EUR with a comparison of the GLD etf (representing gold futures), the HUI, and GDX which is more properly the gold mining index.

ps
looks like Colins database has a few gaps.

(Message edited by ehmu on February 09, 2012)

_____ Hal

p3t3

Post Number: 1042

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 02:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

Ehmu said : My idea.....is likely flawed to a degree.

Hello Hal

Welcome to the human condition.

Our ideas, particularly as traders, are inevitably flawed....we simply cannot know all the factors at work, even less the ones that will come into play after a decision has been taken.

The correlation in your chart sure looks impressive to me. Whatever gaps there may be sure don't detract from the information content, as far as I'm concerned.

Thanks for the post. Appreciated.

best
p3t3

(Message edited by p3t3 on February 09, 2012)

I haven't lost my mind,

surferdude
Username: surferdude

Post Number: 61

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 07:09 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

While the Dolphin flies above the swell the Surferdude is stuck on the bottom under the break(er)

moral: Surfing and RUM don't mix

Sorry about that

"Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs."
- Vaclav Havel

ehmu

Post Number: 740

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 07:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

surferdude wrote on Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 08:09 am:

Surfing and RUM don'tmix

Hichuuu! am I seeing things, ......big things ?

_____ Hal

ehmu

Post Number: 741

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 12:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GOR running on her own strength. One of your Aussie journeymen traders may know the play. Since GOR is a small exploration company there may be more opportunity to jump in on later consolidations.

_____ Hal

p3t3

Post Number: 1043

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 04:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Thursday :

Dolphin has reclaimed the lead...emphatically.
MSparks now occupies the silver position, being pressed hard by Peterloh,
who has emerged from the pack to challenge the leaders.
Espresso and Steven are still well within range of a challenge, and
Palace not far away from them either. A good competitive finish to the
week.

Another sideways day for the broader market, as Telstra results
disappointed. The Small Ords and Energy outperformed. Materials
significantly underperformed.

I haven't lost my mind,

stampy

Post Number: 398

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 01:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

With a wooden spoon pending..

I'll go LC EXE.

I'm obviously right .. the market MUST be wrong..

steven
Username: steven

Post Number: 24

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 01:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sell BTU please

espresso

Post Number: 346

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 02:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,
Please close AZH thanks.
Espresso

espresso

Post Number: 347

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 02:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi P3t3,
SER L GTC for week 7.
Cheers
Espresso
(chart to follow)

gdd3

Post Number: 1585

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 02:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"Our competitive aquatic mammal", CCC, LC, please Mr. Scales

....way to go, Stampy, now you have your timing(weeks)right. Lesson learned, aye...what is at the bottom of the pile one week will end up at the top the next week(our mutual friend, Mr. Loh has proven this many a time)...Thankfully for us all you didn't stick with IVR this week otherwise it would be GAME, SET and MATCH with a near-on whopping 100% gain this week...ouch!(but I know you are really happy, anyway, right).

Now also I know we T/A'ers believe in "HISTORY REPEATING" BUT I hope you are not expecting the same results next week with EXE....100% gain, i.e.! And besides I wasn't allowed to get 50% gain this week with my CCC EVEN THOUGHT MSparks gave me permission to(or said, "may") get such a result.

Cheers
Dolphin }

p3t3

Post Number: 1044

Friday, February 10, 2012 - 03:44 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, Friday....before any protests :

In the end its Palace, with a daily move of 10%!
Dolphin has been relegated to the silver position, just ahead of MSparks,
who in turn, barely edged Peterloh out of the bronze position.

A down day for the broader market, with Materials and Energy both
outperforming on the down side. Yet the Small Ords outperformed on the up
side - the small caps seeing relatively more buying than the big caps? Go
figure.

I haven't lost my mind,

p3t3

Post Number: 1046

Saturday, February 11, 2012 - 06:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Week 6, no protests received...so final outcome :

Palace has come from behind to claim the Gold with his first comp entry for
some time. Nice timing, Palace.
Gains achieved by Dolphin and MSparks make them very worthy place-
getters.

Actually the top six placings are showing very creditable results, particularly
when the broader market is travelling mostly sideways.

I haven't lost my mind,

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2012 : January - March Compounding Scoreboardmsparks20 02-Apr-12  10:48 am
2012 January to March Challenge, Week 13 ***Final Week***surferdude34 02-Apr-12  07:30 am
2012 January to March Challenge, Week 12p3t336 24-Mar-12  07:21 pm
DTE pre open sale of 12million shares at 34.5cgamefisherman22-Mar-12  01:57 pm
NWE - On The Movegamefisherman22-Mar-12  08:31 am
GRR Grange Resources - Massive Spike in volumegamefisherman18-Mar-12  11:44 pm
2012 January to March Challenge, Week 11p3t336 18-Mar-12  12:50 am
2012 January to March Challenge, Week 10p3t346 10-Mar-12  10:46 pm
2012 January to March Challenge, Week 9p3t337 05-Mar-12  10:39 pm
POHstampy05-Mar-12  04:28 pm
TA indicators to discover if a stock is "pumped and dumped"gamefisherman10 03-Mar-12  08:30 am
2012 January to March Challenge, Week 8p3t334 25-Feb-12  06:21 pm
2012 January to March Challenge, Week 7ehmu24 19-Feb-12  01:50 am
RSG - Resolute Mining Limiteddennis_menace06-Feb-12  10:23 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»