You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

AHS market depth

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through 2004 » Archive through October 08, 2004 » AHS market depth

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
silvastar
Username: silvastar

Post Number: 5

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, October 04, 2004 - 08:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi all,

Just thought I would post a topic on the market depth on AHS. For some unknown reason there is a massive 'clump' of buyers around $1.12 to $1.14 and on the sell side there is around 300,000 in total for all current sellers.

My curiosity stems from being in this nicely uptrending stock that is approaching new highs and between Friday and this morning an abundance of buyers have come in just below the current market price. For example on Friday there were 310 buyers at $1.13 and as of this morning there are 394 (8:53am) so I'm wondering how 84 other people 'suddenly' got the urge to put a buy order in on this stock.

I have not seen this type of activity before and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this. Maybe Yogi or astro can be of assistance.

Happy trading to all and time will tell as to how this trade develops. Please keep in mind this is not a recommendation to buy or sell and as I mentioned I am in this stock already and very curious to see how it unfolds.

Regards,
Silvastar.

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 525

Rating: 
Votes: 1

Monday, October 04, 2004 - 09:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi silva

i have seen this on a number of occasions and quite often

it has been put down to a rivkin recommendation

maybe a subscriber can tell you if this is the case here

on the other hand ,as you say,it could something to do with

planets aligning ,i suppose

all the best

mick

silvastar

Post Number: 6

Monday, October 04, 2004 - 09:30 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mick,

WOW....well that type of report certainly does have a big bearing on the market depth as I have just noticed. I don't know of any subscribers so it'll be interesting to see if any of them confirm or deny that to be the case.

Or it could be the planets aligning. I read in the newspaper on the weekend that there were 3 stars exploding or something like that...but it was billions of light years away.

Cheers,

Silvastar.

scalper
Username: scalper

Post Number: 112

Monday, October 04, 2004 - 09:36 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Friday a buy at 1.13 by Rene(Jordan) via e-mail.

Updated tonight in his newsletter.

Cheers
Scalper

silvastar

Post Number: 7

Monday, October 04, 2004 - 09:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Scalper,

Thanks for that...interesting to see what an effect the rivkin report can have on the market depth. The only thing now is if you want to get it at $1.13 then you have to wait behind 420+ people to get filled.

Its as if it's a cue to get into a big name concert....people camping out the night before waiting patiently to get their ticket, only to see the first person in line buy 3000 tickets and everyone else misses out....LOL.

Thanks for the update again.

Silvastar

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 526

Monday, October 04, 2004 - 09:56 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hi silva star

as it happens its been on my watch list as well

looking for a break over 1.18

its got a decent dividend due of 3.9cents towards the end

of the month

thanks for reminding me

mick

silvastar

Post Number: 8

Monday, October 04, 2004 - 10:10 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mick,

Yes the dividend does appear enticing doesn't it although more importantly it looks strong technically. I like your thoughts on a break at $1.18 as its pretty much blue sky territory after that.

As it trades around 160,000 shares a day it might be a little quiet from here on in as 53,000 were traded on open. Nothing too exciting although volume on Friday was surprisingly high.

Silvastar

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
NLX - Going forward (2)archer12 07-Oct-04  12:24 pm
ORG a new ATHdennis_menace07-Oct-04  11:10 am
BPCzorba07-Oct-04  11:01 am
JBM - Jubilee Miningdennis_menace07-Oct-04  10:44 am
RCL - Repco Corpdennis_menace07-Oct-04  10:33 am
NEM - Newmountdennis_menace07-Oct-04  10:24 am
HNG - HGLdennis_menace07-Oct-04  10:14 am
Ndo channelling up_cj_06-Oct-04  05:54 pm
When will a short term correction happen?gurutrader200505-Oct-04  01:47 pm