You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

GXY

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through January 17, 2013 » GXY

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 259

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 02:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 2233

Tuesday, September 18, 2012 - 03:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Lithium is back in fashion ;)

archer

Post Number: 2242

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 01:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GXY has done an outside reversal off the 38.2 leaving it in a strong position assuming it close at or above where it is now
gxy

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1737

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 04:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Archer...to add some T/A "weight" to your GXY's "Strong Position Argument" we have had both Daily and the 2-Hourly Charts provide a confirmed TAZ set-up and entry. The Daily signal, whilst only a Secondary TAZ signal(W%R14 bouncing from -50%), has come from a desirable level... the last week's action has been holding above the base line of the past 12mths Dominating Range(DR)... together with the fact the SP has come from below the DR as a result of a bounce from very near the -50% level of the DR. Will all this we can be comfortable that GXY should see a "re-test" of the Point of Control(POC)of the DR eventually...i.e. 79c. I do note we have chart resistance @ ~ 65c in between entry and projection that would need to be watched.

But 1st things 1st; Basis the 2-Hourly Chart TAZ signal, confirmed entry @ 58c with a suggested Stop @/below 54.5c and a 'target' near the 72.5c level(basis the 2 x Fibo projections shown) allows us to have a potential Risk/Reward ratio of 1:3.5. If we do get to the POC on the Daily then the R/R ratio would increase to 1:5.25.

See how she goes, ay!

Daily Chart...

2-Hourly Chart...

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S. Not too late for entry on this one as she close at 58.5c in the auction period.

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1784

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 06:52 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice entry there Dolphin

Looks great in the short term.

Not so great in the longer term.(yet)
"A good long term trade always starts as a good short term trade"
I always liked that comment from the old skipper.

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

archer

Post Number: 2243

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 07:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin
Thanks for your analysis
I was thinking this might be close to a TAZ setup when i posted the chart
We use different methods but our chart read is very close on this one
Entry- 58.5c stop 54c
Maybe- add above 65 (Depending if and how it gets there)
Target- the 61.8 + the low before the Mar high around 78c
Its up to the Galaxy now to do the rest

Cheers
>>>----Archer---->

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 489

Thursday, September 27, 2012 - 08:08 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

really enjoying this post.
Just would like to add would you say that is a double bottom.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself.
Socrates

gdd3

Post Number: 1738

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 12:17 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Archer, Sparksy & Espresso...

Did any of you read GXY's report on the Lithium Asia Conference - Corporate Presentation that came out today. If not here is the(very long) link...

http://www.aspectfinancial.com.au/docserver/01337297.pdf?fileid=01337297&datedir=20120927&edt=MjAxMi0wOS0yNysyMTo0Nzo0NisxMjArNjEwMzY0NzUrZXRyYWRleG1sK3JlZGlyZWN0Ky9pbWFnZXNpZ25hbC9lcnJvcnBhZ2VzL0V0cmFkZVBERlRpbWVvdXQuaHRtbCsvaW1hZ2VzaWduYWwvZXJyb3JwYWdlcy9wZGZkZWxheWVkLmpzcA==&popup=true

Of side interest to me is...what is presented on pgs7/8 and therefore VMS(Vmoto)...

There are(were)4 Global lithium company's ranked ahead of GXY in terms of MC..all Nth American(in order...TLH, SQM, ROC and FMC). Thats been reduced to 3 as ROC has made a bid for the TLH...@ a 53% premium. Of course the 'rosy' speculation is that GXY could now become the prime target of either the other two multinationals(SQM and FMC), i.e if the Chinese doesn't nab it B4?

It's interesting to look at SQM and FMC's Charts; especially since June'12 and compare with GXY, I think you'll agree that GXY still has a bit of catching up to do!

SQM and FMC....

I'll let you check-out VMT's chart(as a side interest) as I'm sure I've exceeded the I.C. posting forum's limit with this post.

Cheers
Dolphin

gamefisherman

Post Number: 275

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 08:15 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GXY now set...........

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

gdd3

Post Number: 1740

Friday, September 28, 2012 - 11:16 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Meant to compliment Espresso on his chart as it gave the initial low risk "entry"(for aggressive traders) back at that slightly higher low...

GF...Double Bottoms are very commonly not exact so no problem there. If you look at a Weekly you will be more comfortable with your "Dominant Candle" analysis...and they are more powerful. Doing so confirms what most have said here...the mid to high 50's seems to be the safe entry point and that we should move higher from here. I'm comforted also buy the long tailed candle lows(hammer bottoms)in place; again should provide a base and similar counter-trend move as the 'shooting star' tops(Nov.'11 & Mar.12) that are basically the reverse patterns and very reliable.

...and here is the S/T Daily chart for VMT...maybe worth a small holding if you have some small cash available for your to give to the granddaughters to present to their prospective husbands sometime from now or simply just throw in the drawer for a few years.

Cheers and have a good weekend...

Dolphin

P.S. Sparksy, is RDR making its move now?

gdd3

Post Number: 1761

Friday, October 05, 2012 - 10:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whilst GXY is still in a consolidation/accumulation phase VMT is really picking up momentum. Its come 400% from its lows and 200% in the last two weeks(since that announcement). Last platform was the 50% area of the 1st Dominant candle(announcement Day), as hinted, and after the "turbo's"(pardon the pun) were activated again yesterday we may now have our 2nd platform area to work on(50% of that candle)...It appears to be forming a Descending Triangle(on an Hourly Chart) with decreasing vols so one would favour its a consolidation phase in process. However, we have to be prepared that Descending Triangles can go either way.

The Missus is happy as I invested some of her "spare" cash and if we get to 5c then she can go down to the local V-moto bike shop and "invest" in the company in a different way....they've got a pretty pink one she's eyeing off!...but still have her original exposure for the her favourite niece.

Cheers
Dolphin}}

whiteowl
Username: whiteowl

Post Number: 177

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 - 11:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All

The Lithium 'kick' see link
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/134635-scientists-develop-lithium-ion-battery -that-charges-120-times-faster-than-normal
Yep..fully charge a laptop, or bike or car in 60 seconds.

"Drillers and Diggers" did a speel recently.
I dont subscribe, so I dont know who they punted on.
Regardless, good fundamentally

Personally, just back from a one week wine tour of Claire Valley, where our mode of transport was an EV bike.
The bike had a 'tomato tin' LI Bat that cruised for 30 km.
Way to go I reckon.
Cheers
Owl

archer

Post Number: 2252

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 07:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well im sure it would have been either GXY or ORE they tipped
ORE has massive reserves and when they start production they will be supplying 15% of lithium demand worldwide

gamefisherman

Post Number: 294

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 08:07 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

ORE Weekly

gdd3

Post Number: 1789

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 03:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

VMT, I 1st mentioned back on Sept.28th seems to be "stirring" again(awaiting the AIM UK listing next week + cont'd good reports).

From a T/A perspective, action over the last few weeks has seen a good test and hold of the GAP suppt. at 2.2c(albeit a 1 tick Gap) and now we've got many timeframes "insync" so I've added to my present position. Wkly... a Secondary TAZ signal confirmed now this week after today's action; Daily...TAZ "Cluster" of last week now confirmed today @ 2.6c; and our 2_Hourly gave us an early W%R21 buy signal @ the close last Wednesday that is still active plus now has the suppt. of the MACD widening and above the "zero" line. Sure, we may find the 2.9c - 3.1c as a S/T barrier but I think once that goes I'd be targeting near 5c sooner than later.

Weekly Chart...

Daily Chart...

and 2_Hourly Chart...

Both GXY and ORE are so close to a W%R set-up and buy signal also.

Cheers
Dolphin}}
}}

archer

Post Number: 2267

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 03:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hey Dolphin
I was going to post a chart of VMT today as its bounced very well of the 61.8 but you beat me too it

GXY has done the same after 3 days at the 61.8 also
and looks a wee bit stronger than ORE
Had an order in at 50.5 at closing auction but some mug jumped ahead of me in the final seconds so try again tomorrow

archer

Post Number: 2268

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 03:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oh and ARU might be close to a setup too

gdd3

Post Number: 1794

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 12:16 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Archer...

"GXY has done the same after 3 days at the 61.8 also
and looks a wee bit stronger than ORE"

...yep, I agree, trouble is they are both now on TRADING HALT(the usual "FUND RAISER")...maybe they are bartering for the best deal with the same finance broker?

...anyway, I bet you are glad(now)that "mug" that jumped ahead of you in last night's GXY auction period did so! There is always a reason for time(ing).

XJO got the Colliewobbles this a.m. confirming a break of the S/T H & S neckline(@4478)and NOW MORE CONCERNINGLY I HEAR THAT "WOLFE" HOWLING JUST OUTSIDE THE DOOR!(a close below 4448.50 confirms) with potentially disastrous effects(min. 4040 but possibly 3500/3370)...big calls , aye!

Dolphin }}}

whiteowl

Post Number: 179

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 04:43 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Dolphin

Not only MR WOLFE, but Goldilocks Falling 3 Bears are on the scene too.

Cheers Owl

archer

Post Number: 2269

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 05:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes ill just put that down as good luck and shout the mug
a beer next time im at the pub
Now to work out a price to get some short exposure

whiteowl

Post Number: 180

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 06:14 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All

The areas I circled on my post above are the Candlestick chart pattern called "Bearish 3 Formation" or "Falling Three"
One long down candle, followed by three small up candles contained in the range of the down candle.
Then another long down candle that closes below the body of the initial candle.
The strength of the bearish first and final candle display the main 'bearish' sentiment.
The last XJO "Falling Three" was on 09/05/2012 and directly preceded a 3 day 260 point fall.
The Dow tonight will be interesting.
Cheers all

gdd3

Post Number: 1797

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 09:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Owl...nice to hear from you and well picked up...quite correct and very reliable! Even though the XJO has started up today(on US exuberance) I expect it to peter-out during the day. Having said that, my S/T Bear confirmation signal still will be a close below 4448.50 so I'll let the market participants "speak to me".

Cheers
Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 1808

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 10:15 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Psssss, Archer,Owl...VMT continues to produce...

07 Nov 2012 09:24 ! Vmoto signs significant OEM Agreement

...They keep on winning contracts to "role-out" another 10,000+...man, their new factory is now "undersized" already...stock currently up another 25%+ this a.m.

...But, the good news is that its still not too late to ride off into the sunset(actually far from it, its only a sunrise atm me thinks!).

Here's an update on those charts last posted above(special thanks to TAZ and Mr. W%R!).

Cheers
Dolphin

gdd3

Post Number: 1809

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 12:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Archer...is it ARU's time? I think so as a lot of T/A +ve arguments lining to suggest so.

Cheers
Dolphin}

}}

archer

Post Number: 2272

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 02:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I think its close yes-not too many sellers around but not many buyers either thanks to the US selloff
I think a lot of traders will wait and see if there is some
follow thru selling tonight
A close above 19.5c might get the ball rolling

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Mne any thoughts on where the level of support may bearcher18-Dec-12  11:12 am
2012 October to December Challenge Week No11msparks25 14-Dec-12  06:20 pm
BDRgamefisherman14-Dec-12  05:20 pm
AZZgamefisherman10-Dec-12  01:28 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No10msparks15 07-Dec-12  07:52 pm
Knock Knockespresso04-Dec-12  11:11 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.9msparks28 30-Nov-12  08:07 pm