You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2012 October to December Challenge Week No.3

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through January 17, 2013 » 2012 October to December Challenge Week No.3

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1826

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 07:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "September Equinox to December Solstice Challenge 2012".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning July 2nd and run until September over a period of 12 or 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" request may be posted on any day. If posted on a trading day before the day's open it will receive that day's open price as the exit price. If posted after the open the exit price will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied - Please Note: failure to do this could result in disqualification of the entry. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp, and will receive the Friday close as their open price for the position into the new week's trading. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp. If a pick is in Trading Halt at the end of a Comp that pick will be closed at the last traded price, unless the entrant elects to carry the pick into the new Comp, which would require that election to be notified by way of a post prior to the final Friday close of the old Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

msparks

Post Number: 1827

Friday, October 12, 2012 - 08:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

step right up and place your bets

I even kept you a spot Elizabeth

About time you came back and had a few picks P3T3, you should have recovered from the administration burden by now.... how can you resist those free $5000 cyber dollars

ah, that is the 12th/10/2012 surferdude

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 554

Saturday, October 13, 2012 - 05:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon TLG GTC

Trying to take a slightly longer view and maybe jumping on before the train has left the station with the MMA's showing an early muscle flex.They have flexed and fizzled before so will watch for an exit but will try to let this run for as long as possible, and who knows wether that will be one day, one week or one month.
Can totally understand Elizabeths' reasoning for not joining in this time around. 24 hours just doesn't seem enough sometimes.

msparks

Post Number: 1830

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 06:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

a slow start this week

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 510

Monday, October 15, 2012 - 09:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

SYR looks due for some drilling results

Let him that would move the world, first move himself.
Socrates

msparks

Post Number: 1831

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 05:31 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Msparks L SGQ

I mentioned this one last week here

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 11:21 pm:
wpg,ebt,aqo,msr,aoc,sgq,eio,hog,ten, ................

}

msparks

Post Number: 1832

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 05:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Msparks L SGQ

I mentioned this one last week here

Sunday, October 07, 2012 - 11:21 pm:
wpg,ebt,aqo,msr,aoc,sgq,eio,hog,ten, ................

Half of them reversed but a few still look OK
wpg,ebt,aqo,sgq,eio & maybe hog

msparks

Post Number: 1833

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 12:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

did i upset someone or have you all gone on holidays this week ?

RIM is holding up well Expresso.
It sounds like a great story.
CSE and SYR,gxy,alk,ore,mox, etc etc are not doing too well lately.

I notice BSL is making a goose out of me this week, up over 6%.
And NSE from last comp is making a goose out of me too.
It is up 18% in the last 4 days...

intraday is pretty boring

msparks

Post Number: 1834

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 03:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1772

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 03:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You haven't upset me, Sparksie...I'm just a little "confused"(and too upset also)...I should have stayed aboard my COK! Not as bad(good) as your NSE(correcting you as it was as much as 29% in the last 4 days)but merely 25% over the same period. The one difference is that COK has finished on its highs today and looking to break its double top!

I can honestly see why you are "fumin'" though as my Intraday chart clearly shows you should have kept faith(after all that time)...but isn't that often the way, right!I told you (we/you) were sometimes the "best contrarian indicator" on I.C. Anyway, here's my chart of NSE, and seriously, I believe you can still rectify the 'situation' as she looks as though she's still got plenty left in the tank BUT is probably just starting a consolidation phase.

Cheers
Dolphin

P.S...I'll see if I can find a "speed" entry worthwhile for the remainder of the week B4 tomorrow's open.

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 296

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 06:06 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi msparks

GF please close PEK

Cheers

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

msparks

Post Number: 1835

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 06:55 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi GF
Are you sure you want to close that one, it is just about to take off I reckon but i could be wrong.....

I reckon you were on the start of the small coal stock rally Dolphin but it is very selective.

msparks

Post Number: 1836

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 06:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

espresso

Post Number: 511

Tuesday, October 16, 2012 - 08:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

QBE considering it was under $35~ in 2007

Socrates

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 471

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 06:30 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Mr sparks.. yes i'm getting hit pretty hard..
and i'm sure my result last comp was indeed luck!! A bit like a blind squirrel find a nut!! It's bound to happen at sone stage right.
Now i wonder if i can turn my luck around a little..or is this the kiss of death

Stampy L PBT

Chart to follow

"Never give up, never give up, never give up" Winston Churchill

msparks

Post Number: 1842

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 06:37 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

No luck involved Stampy

Should be some easy money in the market today.

Don't know if they will come for a biotec but you never know if you never have a go ,,,,right.
Looks like they discovered something.

This is the second attempt at the old 26 high which could be hard to break through.

Hey GF
Have you changed your mind or are you going out this morning....I would definitely not exit today, but i could be wrong....

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 1131

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 06:45 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Rags LCY please Sparksie,

Looking for a trampoline off the mean,,,

Rags

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1773

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 08:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, RDR, L...

Needs to get above 20.5c from here now to confirm a TAZ set-up in play. Hopefully now good suppt at 19c.

Chart to follow

Dolphin

msparks

Post Number: 1843

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 04:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

If i had read the announcement for sgq i would not have entered it because they just did a placement at 21 cents.
Now i have to sell at the open i guess or risk losing more !!! (unless it gaps lower again at the open which is probably the most likely outcome now anyway rrrrr )

msparks sell sgq

surferdude
Username: surferdude

Post Number: 126

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 05:52 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Bad luck there Mark

It's probably another reason I prefer FX. you never get random stray announcements in the currency markets.... You just get them all the time

"Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs."
- Vaclav Havel

canoz
Username: canoz

Post Number: 33

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 - 07:45 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GRY GTC please

Looking for support established at .78 with a set up off a bottom out of W%R since the horizontal range ending in Sept. Weekly recently broke descending channel

Thanks

msparks

Post Number: 1844

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 05:35 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

metals up overnight

I will hold SGQ another day and see if those doji's can perform.

Hey Expresso , RIM looks good , well done on that one.

PS
Looks like you are right Dolphin in your observations.
I cannot seem to do a thing right lately.
I have not done "The Ehmu" yet but there is plenty of time to try one of those too.

I think GF was trying to do "The Ehmu" this week with PEK
Well done for sticking to your rules GF

Crikey you should see my Forex trade, I am short the audusd overnight, now is when i like to listen to this again !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnTzH0EF1x0
(turn the volume right up and enjoy)

msparks

Post Number: 1845

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 11:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Archer has shot to the lead with a huge gain
Stampy is right on his heals with a biotec stock

Intraday

espresso

Post Number: 512

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 02:39 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks,
Thank you for the acknowledgment.
Cheers
Espresso

Socrates

msparks

Post Number: 1846

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 04:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The old champ , Stamp...ee is back...
Archer was tripped from behind in the last furlong...

I think i got your exit wrong GF, do you know what the open was when you exited ?

msparks

Post Number: 1847

Thursday, October 18, 2012 - 05:18 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

according to IC charts the open was 0.195 cents

espresso

Post Number: 513

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 07:42 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks,
Please exit exg thank you.
Espresso

Socrates

msparks

Post Number: 1848

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 10:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday
i will exit you on open in the next update Expresso

msparks

Post Number: 1849

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 10:27 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

looks like a smart move Expresso

archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 2260

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 01:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Archer LC CCC thanks MS

msparks

Post Number: 1850

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 04:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A few ups and downs but Stampy has won the gold this week.

Surferdude has held second place and Archer third place after his pick retraced a huge gain earlier in the week.

GF has won the spoon this week.

SGQ went into a trading halt this morning so i get to hold it until next week.

espresso

Post Number: 514

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 05:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks,

thank you for the extra .05cent, Fortunately the opening was at .195 and not any lower.
Have a great weekend.
Espresso

Socrates

msparks

Post Number: 1851

Friday, October 19, 2012 - 07:40 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The data must have been still yesterdays when i updated this morning for the intraday.
Yahoo is a bit slow sometimes.

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.8gamefisherman30 26-Nov-12  12:43 am
PYMgamefisherman19-Nov-12  11:25 pm
ACB+ URANIUMespresso10 17-Nov-12  07:07 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.7gamefisherman21 17-Nov-12  01:17 pm
Silver stocksarcher11-Nov-12  04:33 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.6gdd324 10-Nov-12  04:46 pm
GXYarcher25 08-Nov-12  03:18 pm