You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

2012 October to December Challenge Week No.4

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through January 17, 2013 » 2012 October to December Challenge Week No.4

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1853

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 12:20 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "September Equinox to December Solstice Challenge 2012".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning July 2nd and run until September over a period of 12 or 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" request may be posted on any day. If posted on a trading day before the day's open it will receive that day's open price as the exit price. If posted after the open the exit price will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied - Please Note: failure to do this could result in disqualification of the entry. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp, and will receive the Friday close as their open price for the position into the new week's trading. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp. If a pick is in Trading Halt at the end of a Comp that pick will be closed at the last traded price, unless the entrant elects to carry the pick into the new Comp, which would require that election to be notified by way of a post prior to the final Friday close of the old Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

(Message edited by msparks on October 20, 2012)

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

msparks

Post Number: 1854

Saturday, October 20, 2012 - 12:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

week 4 entries so far

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 516

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 02:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks
CTR L Please chart to follow
Thank You
Espresso

Let him that would move the world, first move himself.
Socrates

espresso

Post Number: 517

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 03:11 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sorry MSparks Cancel that request please.
It would have helped if I had checked the price.
Espresso

Socrates

msparks

Post Number: 1855

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 04:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

wish i had those RIM shares of yours Expresso

slow start this week

espresso

Post Number: 518

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 04:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks MSparks,
During the period I have held them I thought i had too many, and know I wish I had more. when is not enough, enough and vica versa.
Cheers

Socrates

canoz
Username: canoz

Post Number: 34

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 07:36 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please sell GRY.

Thanks

espresso

Post Number: 520

Monday, October 22, 2012 - 10:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks,
AJM L please.
weekly chart showing consecutive green candles with higher lows and higher highs.
MACD Histogram trending above zero.
MACD indicators have crossed and heading up.
TMF tending above the zero line.
Volume is a concern however I'm basing my decision on price movement.
Monthly candle is solid and long.
Best Wishes
Espresso

Socrates

ragchewer
Username: ragchewer

Post Number: 1132

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 08:57 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Ragchewer PEK please,,,

Having another look at GF's PEK,,,
log chart looking for some lower trend line action off some previous old resistance breakout line and once again looking for return to the mean 20 period ma support also.

The last four days on lower volume are contained within the range of the 16th giving a NR narrow range appearance and suggestive of some direction soon.

Rags

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1780

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 08:58 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, MOD, L...

Chart in a moment!

gdd3

Post Number: 1781

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 09:41 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's Dolphin's Chart(and "road-map") for MOD...gotta have a "road-map" as otherwise how do you know where you are going to ...unless you are 'winging it' or a total dreamer, right!

Dolphin

msparks

Post Number: 1856

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 12:49 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday

need a ruling guys
this gets a bit messy around a trading halt....

does sgq get the open price from the trading halt ? or do i waite for the friday close price this week ?

did i nominate to hold after the next open after the trading halt ?

what is my entry price ?
original entry or last traded price before the trading halt ?

does the result count this week or backdate to last weeks results ?

if it backdates to last week I can enter a new stock this week but i would not know what capital i have to enter the new stock until after the stock trades again from the trading halt ?

SGQ opened at .395 so it makes a big difference

please give me a ruling either way Dolphin

msparks

Post Number: 1857

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 12:54 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

oh crap
you have to nominate if the stop is the open price

I thought it was the other way around

bad luck hey

cheers big ears

msparks

Post Number: 1858

Tuesday, October 23, 2012 - 04:29 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

fairly flat results so far

msparks

Post Number: 1860

Wednesday, October 24, 2012 - 06:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

msparks

Post Number: 1861

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 12:09 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday

msparks

Post Number: 1862

Thursday, October 25, 2012 - 04:00 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 301

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 08:23 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GF ARI L please

Best Wishes to all for the trading day and weekend

Cheers
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

gamefisherman

Post Number: 302

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 08:48 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Would appreciate some feedback.......looking at ARI spreads and noticed that around 7.00am there was total volume traded of 1,839,300 traded with the following prices.......

Could someone please explain how this can happen when the ordinary public are not able to trade at this time.......this is purely for my learning......cheers.......see attached below of trades that occurred

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

msparks

Post Number: 1864

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 09:47 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

dark pools and broker transfers i presume

they can do off market deals now somehow

between them and the (HFT) scalpers ripping you off between when you put your order in and it getting to the exchange i don't think it is a fair playing field anymore

intraday

gamefisherman

Post Number: 303

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 10:42 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yep, playing field has changed, thanx for the feedback, why dont we all put in and buy our own fibre optic cable network in the ASX exchanges and clip the ticket on all trades, if u cant beat em, why not join em........

gdd3

Post Number: 1786

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 12:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, MOD, GTC pls Sparksie...

Looks like I have handed this week's "gong' on a plate to HeeBeeJeeBee.

Very nice move(EXG) and chart mate...and I thinks she's just in her early phases...well, actually maybe in her 5th of her 5th since its Aug.2010 low!

Have a good weekend everyone; I'm starting mine early!

Dolphin

archer
Username: archer

Post Number: 2266

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 02:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Archer CCC GTC thanks

hibikijoji
Username: hibikijoji

Post Number: 465

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 02:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks Dolphin but things can change v. quickly due to 2.5% ticks.

Disclaimer :
The views expressed here are for experimental practices only. They have not been independently verified. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.

Please consult your broker or financial adviser before making an investment decision.

gamefisherman

Post Number: 304

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 02:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GF MNE GTC please

Have a good weekend all

Cheers
GF

msparks

Post Number: 1865

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 04:12 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Heebeejeebee has won gold this week
Dolphin crashed at the end to get the silver
Surferdude again featured in the medals even though it was a losing position.

Archer gets the spoon

Personally I feel cheated this week because I thought the next open was the exit for a trading halt but it has to be nominated apparantly.Initially the trade was a 1 week trade, so why do I have to nominate it to exit at the next open. Well that's life i suppose.
A 17% gain is not be and I get a 10% loss instead

ASX Stocks 20-minute delayed

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
Knock Knockespresso04-Dec-12  11:11 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.9msparks28 30-Nov-12  08:07 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.8gamefisherman30 26-Nov-12  12:43 am
PYMgamefisherman19-Nov-12  11:25 pm
ACB+ URANIUMespresso10 17-Nov-12  07:07 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.7gamefisherman21 17-Nov-12  01:17 pm