You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

2012 October to December Challenge Week No.5

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through January 17, 2013 » 2012 October to December Challenge Week No.5

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1866

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 04:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "September Equinox to December Solstice Challenge 2012".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning July 2nd and run until September over a period of 12 or 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" request may be posted on any day. If posted on a trading day before the day's open it will receive that day's open price as the exit price. If posted after the open the exit price will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied - Please Note: failure to do this could result in disqualification of the entry. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp, and will receive the Friday close as their open price for the position into the new week's trading. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp. If a pick is in Trading Halt at the end of a Comp that pick will be closed at the last traded price, unless the entrant elects to carry the pick into the new Comp, which would require that election to be notified by way of a post prior to the final Friday close of the old Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

(Message edited by msparks on October 26, 2012)

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

msparks

Post Number: 1867

Friday, October 26, 2012 - 04:20 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman mne GTC
Archer ccc GTC
Dolphin mod GTC
Surferdude kar GTC
Rockon tlg GTC
Hibitijibiti exg GTC

Post your current charts and comments on your positions please.....

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 306

Saturday, October 27, 2012 - 05:50 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman MNE GTC please

Bit of a tricky one for the comp but have put it forward for the following reasons. The breakout was substantial in volume which has been broken down in the chart below to a 10 min timeframe on Friday. Of interest to me was that roughly 2/3rds traded volume happened in the first 60min, which may suggest that those buying during that time are still holding.Alternatively but cannot see how, they sold out...if anyone has any thoughts here on the latter then I would appreciate the feedback... There were 2 failed attempts at 38.2% retrace, where sp bounced upwards......So on Monday I am looking for a gap up rather than a gap down, volume to keep flowing through, as it was previously an illiquid stock which was a drawback. Obviously I cannot explain why a gap up will occur unless again demand far outstrips supply, really it is just the preferred outcome. So will 38.2% hold or will it retest the 50% mark? The other interesting thing that I also think happened is that the stock was capped at 0.098 which was close to the 10c mark of a recent capital institutional raising. Again these are just my thoughts............given my run in the comp recently this thing could tank on Monday lol

Cheers and have a good trading week GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

msparks

Post Number: 1869

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 05:13 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rdr GTC
just had or having a spp raising 10 million additional working capital at 18 cents

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 527

Sunday, October 28, 2012 - 09:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks
TOE L please
Thank you

Let him that would move the world, first move himself.
Socrates

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1787

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 10:03 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Here's Dolphin's update Chart for his entry, MOD. MOD is finding it hard to get past the 7.5c barrier and now has exhausted itself in the S/T. So I would expect over the next day or two she should see a test of the 6.7c/6.4c suppt. band before "decision" time is made for players to either load up or get out. At this stage, of course, I still favour to resume its steady upside process as suggested by last wek's Rounding Bottom process.

Have good week...

Dolphin}

msparks

Post Number: 1870

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 10:19 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday update

msparks

Post Number: 1871

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 06:07 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

espresso

Post Number: 528

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 07:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chart for TOE
3 consecutive higher highs and higher lows.
MACD histogram trending above zero and expanding.
MACD indicators trending above zero and separating.
TMF trending well above zero and staying strong.
Volume in the last 3 weeks has been above average.

Good Luck
Espresso

Socrates

canoz
Username: canoz

Post Number: 35

Monday, October 29, 2012 - 07:47 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks

MGO L please

Has held to the 150 day and jumped with volume today. Hoping to break through .17 (38.2 Fibonacci). TMF turned positive. Some headroom remains on the descending triangle.

Canoz

msparks

Post Number: 1872

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 12:26 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday

everyones a winner ....except me

mgo down 3% today so far Canoz

msparks

Post Number: 1873

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 03:51 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

hope i am not too early but here is todays results
Expresso is bounding away in the lead with his ears pinned back and his head held high

RIM is taking a breather
I wonder does Expresso have a stop in place ?

msparks

Post Number: 1874

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 03:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

WDR took a hit today

TAKE‐OVER OFFER – MEIJIN ENERGY GROUP
The Board of Western Desert Resources Limited (“WDR”) advises that Meijin Energy Group have this
morning informed that they shall not be proceeding with their proposed acquisition of WDR.
In response to the surprising news Mr. Norm Gardner, the Managing Director said “It is unfortunate
that Meijin have decided not to proceed with the acquisition. Only Meijin know the true reasons for
their surprising and without warning decision this morning. Given the discussions and feedback WDR
has had with the parties conducting Due Diligence and providing support to Meijin over the last six
weeks we are of the view that the decision not to proceed was not actually based upon the WDR
business or its potential. WDR remains committed to the development of the Roper Bar iron ore
project and to the commencement of Mining by May 2013, with a first shipment of ore by October
2013. We remain on budget to complete the project as previously outlined”.

msparks

Post Number: 1875

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 - 04:05 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

This one looks like it has finally been put to sleep

surferdude
Username: surferdude

Post Number: 127

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 05:25 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I used to work for ELD. It felt like this was inevitable. That sort of slow motion car crash feeling. Glad I got out 6 years ago.

Update on KAR

I had a stop under this consolidation which in this comp is a 'soft' stop. I will continue to hold because this last candle looks bullish to me

Speaking of stops. I would have thought a non professional trading with money drawn from a credit card would use hard stops? Especially on short term trading.

"Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs."
- Vaclav Havel

msparks

Post Number: 1876

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 06:23 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

yep
you think so hey Surferdude

but some of us are just gamblers

where would you stop out on this one
at the top or when it retraces

surferdude
Username: surferdude

Post Number: 128

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 04:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Oooh it's going parabolic.

I'd probably whack a stop under the low of that last bar and keep chasing it under the low of each day. parabolic rises like that seem to collapse as soon as they start going sideways

"Vision is not enough; it must be combined with venture. It is not enough to stare up the steps; we must step up the stairs."
- Vaclav Havel

msparks

Post Number: 1877

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 08:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

the battle seems to be with the top two this week

espresso

Post Number: 531

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 - 10:01 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks,
Im all out of RIM however I may get back onto it again.

Socrates

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 472

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 09:00 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy L BDR

Chart to follow

"Never give up, never give up, never give up" Winston Churchill

msparks

Post Number: 1878

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 10:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday

bdr up 0.5% Stampy

msparks

Post Number: 1879

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 01:03 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday
gamefisherman closing in

msparks

Post Number: 1880

Thursday, November 01, 2012 - 04:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1798

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 09:41 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sparksie...I'll change my GTC for MOD to a L to have it closed out at today's market closing price thanks. She's "stalling" like most of the market!

Could be a "shorting" week next week!

Cheers
Dolphin

msparks

Post Number: 1881

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 03:22 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday
looks like GF has picked up the gold and
the cash this week
(and he needed it too just quietly)
but not quite closed yet

msparks

Post Number: 1883

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 04:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Well done to the top place getters in a very poor week in the ozy market.

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 473

Friday, November 02, 2012 - 07:24 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Stampy GTC LC SIR

A Nice bowl shape. in the short term.

Trend is rather strong to say the least. mkt going through the old high

Buying strength on strength i think.

GTC because im of on holidays and this is the best i can find.
Macd cross in positive is pretty strong i think

Have a great couple of weeks all.

Regards
Stampy

"Never give up, never give up, never give up" Winston Churchill

espresso

Post Number: 532

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 10:24 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks,
Toe L Please
Cheers
Espresso
Chart to follow.
Have been away Cape Bridgewater

Socrates
US Stocks 15-minute delayed

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
AZZgamefisherman10-Dec-12  01:28 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No10msparks15 07-Dec-12  07:52 pm
Knock Knockespresso04-Dec-12  11:11 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.9msparks28 30-Nov-12  08:07 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.8gamefisherman30 26-Nov-12  12:43 am
PYMgamefisherman19-Nov-12  11:25 pm
ACB+ URANIUMespresso10 17-Nov-12  07:07 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.7gamefisherman21 17-Nov-12  01:17 pm