You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade Trends with Bollonger Bands and Twiggs Money Flow

2012 October to December Challenge Week No.6

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » Archive through January 17, 2013 » 2012 October to December Challenge Week No.6

««  «  Previous  Next  »  »»

Thread  
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1887

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 09:57 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "September Equinox to December Solstice Challenge 2012".

This Challenge will start on the week beginning July 2nd and run until September over a period of 12 or 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" request may be posted on any day. If posted on a trading day before the day's open it will receive that day's open price as the exit price. If posted after the open the exit price will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied - Please Note: failure to do this could result in disqualification of the entry. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp, and will receive the Friday close as their open price for the position into the new week's trading. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp. If a pick is in Trading Halt at the end of a Comp that pick will be closed at the last traded price, unless the entrant elects to carry the pick into the new Comp, which would require that election to be notified by way of a post prior to the final Friday close of the old Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

(Message edited by msparks on November 03, 2012)

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

msparks

Post Number: 1888

Saturday, November 03, 2012 - 10:04 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Positions so far

Place your bets

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1801

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 08:59 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, RIA, L

gdd3

Post Number: 1802

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 09:38 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, RIA, L...

Could have a Double Bottom in play and if overall Markets hold up and increased interest is maintained it should fulfil its M/M...low 20's.

Have a safe week.

Dolphin

msparks

Post Number: 1892

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 11:22 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intrADAY

canoz
Username: canoz

Post Number: 37

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 02:58 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BWD L please

Chart later

canoz

Post Number: 38

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 03:35 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

BWD chart

A reverse head and shoulders with a break of the neckline today on volume. Not very liquid, but hoping for a turn of fortunes.

Canoz

msparks

Post Number: 1893

Monday, November 05, 2012 - 05:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

msparks

Post Number: 1897

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 11:50 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday update

msparks

Post Number: 1898

Tuesday, November 06, 2012 - 06:21 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

msparks

Post Number: 1899

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 03:27 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

bit early , market still closing

but holy cow GF

you are making a fantastic comeback , may be in the lead after this week ....wow

msparks

Post Number: 1900

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 04:19 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

and it just gets better

well done GF

the chart does not look as spectacular as the result
but it is the result that counts

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 533

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 04:23 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Great pick Game Fisherman, MNE looks like its just warming up, This could move like a rocket!
Good luck.
Espresso

Let him that would move the world, first move himself.
Socrates

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 534

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 04:38 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi All,
Back in Melb.
My Late chart.
Consecutive green candles, price maintaining higher highs and higher lows.
MACD histogram continues to trend high above zero with the indicators above zero and separating.
TMF maintaining its trend high above zero.
Last weeks Volume well above average.

Let him that would move the world, first move himself.
Socrates

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 314

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 - 05:10 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi sparksy and espresso

Thank you for the best wishes. Every now and again you get lucky with a stock, and thankfully on this occassion lady luck graced her presence with mne....

Cheers
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

msparks

Post Number: 1901

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 09:55 am:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday

canoz

Post Number: 39

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 07:17 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

sell BWD please

My reverse H&S entry signal...reversed. bad run in my selections continues.

canoz

msparks

Post Number: 1902

Thursday, November 08, 2012 - 07:37 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

don't jump off a cliff yet Canoz

and here is one for GF
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jj4nJ1YEAp4

msparks

Post Number: 1903

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 12:56 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

great exit there Canoz
you saved a bundle

oops, just checked the IC chart and it did not open at 0.17 ???
yahoo data must be wrong sorry
looks like it opened at 0.145

gdd3

Post Number: 1810

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 04:59 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sparksie...on behalf of Canoz...I wouldn't rely on I.C Data either! BWD opened for 1 trade only(Canoz himself, maybe ha! ha!) at 16c.

Have a good Weekend...

Dolphin}

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 315

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 06:34 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Mr Sparks....thank you for the youtubelink......great song and love poker too......

Cheers
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

msparks

Post Number: 1904

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 07:53 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

thanks Dolphin
what data /platform do you use ???

Looks like yahoo has the right open now of 0.16 cents
I looked on commsec and nothing made sense there either, it was showing 2 trades at 0.17 c at 10.02 am i think but there was no date so may have been yesterdays???

Great win GF
I thought you would have closed at 40% gain on next open
hence the song
know when to hold em, know when to fold em ....lol

canoz

Post Number: 40

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 08:28 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks Dolphin for the clarification and Sparks for the encouraging words. Have a good weekend.

Canoz

gdd3

Post Number: 1811

Saturday, November 10, 2012 - 03:46 pm:Edit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sparksie its simply Web Iress...via most major Brokers.

US Stocks 15-minute delayed

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2012 October to December Challenge Week No12msparks23 22-Dec-12  06:08 am
Mne any thoughts on where the level of support may bearcher18-Dec-12  11:12 am
2012 October to December Challenge Week No11msparks25 14-Dec-12  06:20 pm
BDRgamefisherman14-Dec-12  05:20 pm
AZZgamefisherman10-Dec-12  01:28 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No10msparks15 07-Dec-12  07:52 pm
Knock Knockespresso04-Dec-12  11:11 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.9msparks28 30-Nov-12  08:07 pm
2012 October to December Challenge Week No.8gamefisherman30 26-Nov-12  12:43 am