You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2013...January to March Challenge Week 4

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » 2013...January to March Challenge Week 4

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 2045

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 05:14 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "January Equinox to March Solstice Challenge 2013".

Short Entries OK this comp, same rules as Longs.....

This Challenge will start on the week beginning 31 Dec run until March over a period of 12 or 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" request may be posted on any day. If posted on a trading day before the day's open it will receive that day's open price as the exit price. If posted after the open the exit price will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied - Please Note: failure to do this could result in disqualification of the entry. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp, and will receive the Friday close as their open price for the position into the new week's trading. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp. If a pick is in Trading Halt at the end of a Comp that pick will be closed at the last traded price, unless the entrant elects to carry the pick into the new Comp, which would require that election to be notified by way of a post prior to the final Friday close of the old Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

(Message edited by msparks on January 18, 2013)

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 563

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 06:57 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon APZ L

Big punt this week.Right on resistance in a somewhat sideways move with a gap at 20 waiting just below is a big risk and this mob into property as well but slightly higher volumes on most up days during this move and the lack of sellers the week before last suggest to me that it may be ready for a push through resistance.Don't look at too many indicators these days but the ones I do look at have a positive tilt to them.

ehmu
Username: ehmu

Post Number: 873

Saturday, January 19, 2013 - 12:48 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A peek in to my week 4 plan for BCI_AX

Intraday chart shows second successful back test of 50% retracement from gap support (it may take another test or two).

IMO, if price closes below the 61.8% ($3.37) retracement, there is a good chance that 100% retracement will be achieved ($3.11).

There is an additional possibility that a fast excursion to $2.92-$2.99 may happen after the 100% retracement possibility, but is unlikely to be caught with an opening price exit.

_____ Hal

.......Not a recommendation to buy or sell equities

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 594

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 07:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks,
EAR L Please
Thanks
Espresso

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

espresso

Post Number: 595

Sunday, January 20, 2013 - 10:45 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

TMF is up high above the zero line.
MACD Indicators trending above zero and separating.
MACD histogram trending high above zero.
Price breakout from a range.
Cheers
Espresso

In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 791

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 07:53 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth BMN L

Comments on chart - happy week all

z

palace
Username: palace

Post Number: 1034

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 08:14 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

palace L ETE

Swing trade ,hopefully

C:\Documents and Settings\Michael\Desktop\flying pig.gif

msparks

Post Number: 2048

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 03:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rough start guys
whats going on ?

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 355

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 04:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

The algos and bots are turned on to take profits sparksy, thats what......

Cheers
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

msparks

Post Number: 2050

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 04:37 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

surprised Lizzy missed this one

msparks L BOL

gamefisherman

Post Number: 356

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 05:15 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Sparksy, I dont know how to copy your chart and comments into a new thread called BOL, but it may be worth creating a new thread BOL on its own for comment as I didnt want to clog up the weekly comp thread?

Cheers
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

elisabeth

Post Number: 792

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 06:16 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Sparksy, not missed - it made my finals list but I have a note next to it "depth??". I didn't keep the market depth at the time I looked at it and I know depth can change in a whisker but I do take it into account - I like to see buyer support and it wasn't there over the weekend. BOL had a great day today, it's a H&S reversal which could easily leap to 35c - hope it's lucky for you in the comp and if you've bought

gamefisherman

Post Number: 357

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 06:58 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Apologies, didnt see it was your entry in the comp msparks, should have paid closer attention...Fridays massive volume spike was significant as the small volume traded since it broke its downtrend indicates to me that this is real buying and not dumping. Havent checked out announcements, and FA but if there is nothing there explaining the huge take up of shares, then with 3 small levels of resistance around 31.5, 33.5 and finally mid 30s which, would give you a 10-15%plus return depending when u bought if you exited in the mid 30s, it looks good to me. hope you got in last If further volume comes in I will be having a crack..good luck with it...

Cheers
GF

Cheers
GF

espresso

Post Number: 596

Monday, January 21, 2013 - 09:11 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

For those who are not holding a position for this week, this may have some merit, no doubt you will do YOR.

In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

msparks

Post Number: 2051

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 04:47 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

akm, and afr look lie good pullback setups too and heaps of other good setups in the daily percent move scan ,
cse and cah and azs and ten and syr and avb
ctm and azh and CDA
dow and fkp and csr ........sdg ,jin

Here is the sheet in case I cannot update for a few days.

application/vnd.ms-excel
ic comp data.xls (132.6 k)

the 2 big winners last week are set up again ?

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 564

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 05:01 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GF,
Missed Mr Sparks' second line of his post as well !!.Did your dad ever say anything about going blind like my dad did..lol.

Agree with Elisabeths' comments regarding m/depth. It appears the reason for the lack of sellers a few weeks ago on my own pick was that they were all away on a bus trip together and only got back yesterday . Never really taken much notice of depth as far as this comp goes but certainly will in the future. Course of sales (which I hardly ever look at either) does give a hint of buyers hanging around, though with the odd largish trade amongst all the bots.

elisabeth

Post Number: 793

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 05:49 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

A bus trip!!! This explains SO much - thank you for the enlightenment Rockon. Great chuckle

gamefisherman

Post Number: 358

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 04:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman ARU GTC please (assuming no-one else has posted on it recently that I have missed)

Gap up today on solid volume with a nice hammer breaking through an ascending triangle on right shoulder....

Best Wishes to all
Cheers
GF

espresso

Post Number: 597

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 10:25 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

EXG nice setup

In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 481

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 08:56 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Happy New Year All

Stampy Long LNC GTC please

Chart tonight

Regards
Stampy

"Never give up, never give up, never give up" Winston Churchill

hibikijoji
Username: hibikijoji

Post Number: 472

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 06:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

is it just me or is there a sea of green candlesticks for lnc?

Disclaimer :
The views expressed here are for experimental practices only. They have not been independently verified. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.

Please consult your broker or financial adviser before making an investment decision.

stampy
Username: stampy

Post Number: 482

Thursday, January 24, 2013 - 07:03 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Got a little lucky today. we'll have to see how it pans out.

"Never give up, never give up, never give up" Winston Churchill

espresso

Post Number: 598

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 11:00 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks,
EAR GTC please
Thank You
Espresso

In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

canoz
Username: canoz

Post Number: 47

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 01:35 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please close AOK. Probably still primed for a run at some point but my sell signal was triggered yesterday. Thanks

Canoz

gamefisherman

Post Number: 362

Friday, January 25, 2013 - 02:05 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman, please close ARU and I will take ATU GTC please

Best Wishes
GF

msparks

Post Number: 2052

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 02:26 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

results for this week

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»