You need to register separately on the Chart Forum
- see Chart Forum Help
Edit Profile Profile Help Help
Forum Rules Forum Rules Advanced Help/Instructions Advanced Help
Search Last 1|3|7 Days Latest Posts Latest Posts
Search Search Forum Tree View Tree View

Trade the Bollonger Band Squeeze

2013...January to March Challenge Week 5

Chart Forum » Stocks - ASX: short term (strictly TA) » 2013...January to March Challenge Week 5

««  Previous  Next  »»

Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 565

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 04:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome to the "January Equinox to March Solstice Challenge 2013".

Short Entries OK this comp, same rules as Longs.....

This Challenge will start on the week beginning 31 Dec run until March over a period of 12 or 13 weeks. At the completion of that time an acknowledgement by way of the award of "(cyber) medals" of Gold, Silver and Bronze will be made to the top 3 achievers. Last place will also be acknowledged with the award of a "(cyber) wooden spoon".

This Weekly Comp is aimed at the non-professional market entrant with $5,000 drawn off his mortgage or credit card, a standard trading account and a day job (probably also with a wife and dependent kids).

For this stock tipping Challenge only a single entry will be allowed in any one trading week – being from Friday's close to the following Friday's close, unless original capital has been built up to $10,000 or more (see below). However, even for an entrant with an existing position, an LC (Long Continuous) or GTC (Good ‘Till Cancelled) entry posted before Friday’s close for the following week will not be rendered invalid by this rule. Entries posted will get the next available market open price for their entry, and Friday's close as the exit, unless otherwise specified (see below). The time-stamp of the posting will be used to determine which market open price is to be applied.

An intra-week "Stop" request may be posted on any day. If posted on a trading day before the day's open it will receive that day's open price as the exit price. If posted after the open the exit price will be the next day's open price, that being the nearest available exit. Activating that "Stop" would close the entrant's position until the start of the following week, and no new position may be opened for the purposes of the Comp until then. A new pick may be nominated towards the end of the week in which the "Stop" was applied for the following week's trading.

Only long positions may be nominated, with a unit price no lower than $0-05. On any day that a stock closes below $0-05 an automatic stop will be applied on that day, using the close price for that day as the exit price. No entries for warrants, exchange traded options or other derivative products will be accepted, only entries of ASX tickers for ordinary shares and ASX ticker "Gold".

Nominations should be accompanied by a chart clearly showing the Technical Analysis used, with a short explanation of how that Technical Analysis is being applied - Please Note: failure to do this could result in disqualification of the entry. It is preferred that Incredible Charts software be used for chart postings.

"Long Continuous" (LC) positions maybe be nominated prior to 4pm on Friday to maintain a new or existing position into the following week, or the following Comp, and will receive the Friday close as their open price for the position into the new week's trading. "Good 'Till Cancelled" (GTC) positions may also be nominated before Friday's close, and will be treated as an LC with an automatic renewal, within the duration of the current Comp. Carry-over of GTC and LC positions into a new Comp will require notification by way of a post to the weekly thread prior to the last Friday close of the current Comp. If a pick is in Trading Halt at the end of a Comp that pick will be closed at the last traded price, unless the entrant elects to carry the pick into the new Comp, which would require that election to be notified by way of a post prior to the final Friday close of the old Comp.

Any entrant who has not elected, by way of a post in the weekly thread, to use their "Stop", "Long Continuous" or "Good 'Till Cancelled" option, or has not had an automatic stop applied for a close below $0-05, will automatically receive Friday's close as their exit.

An entrant who has a position that goes into a Trading Halt will be required to retain that position until the stock resumes trading. Prior to resumption of trading they may request a "Stop" at the price at which trading is resumed. Otherwise normal rules for closing or retaining an open position apply.

Each entrant will be awarded a starting capital of $5,000 cyber-dollars and gains on positions will be added to that amount on a weekly basis, while losses will be subtracted from it. Anyone reaching a capital amount of $10,000 or more may split their cyber-capital into 2 positions, allocating 50% of their total capital to each if they so choose, or may continue to use their total capital on a single position.

Short term weekly awards for First, Second, Third and Last place (spoon) will be acknowledged and recorded. The amount of gain or loss on the weekly position will be applied to the entrant's accumulated capital.

Any new entrant to the challenge should feel free to ask for help regarding posting, as there are many here familiar with the conditions and methods used.

Please place your tips and chart here in this thread.

rockon
Username: rockon

Post Number: 566

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 06:04 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

rockon BND L

Respect of short term trendline and Fridays' close above the 21ema is good for a punt this week.Ideal outcome would be another higher high but IMO it still has the risk of breaking down.

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 2053

Saturday, January 26, 2013 - 02:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

msparks

Post Number: 2055

Sunday, January 27, 2013 - 04:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

msparks

Post Number: 2056

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 11:40 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday

hibikijoji
Username: hibikijoji

Post Number: 473

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 06:09 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

AZS anyone?

Disclaimer :
The views expressed here are for experimental practices only. They have not been independently verified. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.

Please consult your broker or financial adviser before making an investment decision.

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 599

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 07:42 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi MSparks,
Please close EAR
Thank You
Espresso

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

espresso
Username: espresso

Post Number: 600

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 07:46 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice pick hibikijoji (AZS)

In theory there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice there is.
Yogi Berra

msparks

Post Number: 2057

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 10:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

have i got the wrong stock code for you hibittyjibity ?
or did you just want a chart of azs to look at ???

hibikijoji
Username: hibikijoji

Post Number: 474

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 07:04 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

nah, i did choose azy...still waiting it to launch

on the other hand, azs looked like it broke out yesterday. Just checking to see if anyone else noticed it.

Disclaimer :
The views expressed here are for experimental practices only. They have not been independently verified. No representation or warranty is made as to the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the information.

Please consult your broker or financial adviser before making an investment decision.

elisabeth
Username: elisabeth

Post Number: 794

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 07:48 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Elisabeth GGG L

Chart later....

canoz
Username: canoz

Post Number: 48

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 07:58 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

RFL L for Canoz

Supported by Volume and %R bounce with 150 day support level

Thanks

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1860

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 08:59 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Dolphin, BMN, L

gdd3
Username: gdd3

Post Number: 1861

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 09:02 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Whoops, here's the chart for Dolphin's pick...BMN)

msparks

Post Number: 2058

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 09:45 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 363

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 03:36 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Gamefisherman please close ATU at open thank you

Cheers
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

elisabeth

Post Number: 795

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 05:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Chart for GGG - gapped up 1.5c on open today on some big volume - not shown in this chart which shows the chart as of this morning pre-open. Had it ready for yesterday, but life got in the way of posting.

Apology for the delay in posting the chart which shows an ascending triangle of sorts, but also a channel with some increased volume in the last couple of days. TMF looking nice and strong. The triangle target is around 36, which is exactly where EMA 200 is looming.

(Today's close at 34c has price moving out of the channel on great volume.)

bbb

msparks

Post Number: 2059

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 12:11 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

elisabeth

Post Number: 796

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 08:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Good morning Sparksy, please exit GGG for me on open.

Happy day

canoz
Username: canoz

Post Number: 49

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 08:59 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Please close RFL at open. Market Depth going sour.

Thanks
Canoz

msparks

Post Number: 2060

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 09:05 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

http://www.finnewsnetwork.com.au/archives/finance_news_network22768.html?access= 1&utm_source=Finance+News+Network%2C+FNN+Investor&utm_campaign=a8315a9d48-Aftern oon_Investor_30_01_2013&utm_medium=email

msparks

Post Number: 2061

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 10:43 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

intraday

msparks

Post Number: 2062

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 05:38 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 370

Thursday, January 31, 2013 - 06:27 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Nice exit Elizabeth

Cheers
GF

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)PPS Dont just trade the trend....STAY in the trend....

elisabeth

Post Number: 797

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 06:22 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks GF, nice example of the asc triangle target being met.

ggg

elisabeth

Post Number: 798

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 06:29 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

GGG depth pre E*Trade launch - very strange to have one buyer matching exactly the amount of shares on offer by 5 sellers at 35c, the close price. Games or a fluke? Next buyer support at 33.5c.

depth

msparks

Post Number: 2063

Friday, February 01, 2013 - 03:24 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

well done Canoz and Elizabeth

my smsf went up more today than any other day lately I think
to think i wanted to sell out a few days ago
I did sell QBE (floods etc) and ofcourse it is up 3 days since

The market is too strong to fall much at the moment
I read Rudy is predicting maybe only a 5% fall and then up again
I am tending to agree with those thoughts
Strong markets often just consolidate a little and then keep going,
check out the audjpy
anyway just my 2c worth
big stocks are making the moves while the smaller stocks are off the menu at the moment
except for Canoz and Liz picks

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
2013...April to June Challenge Week 2msparks13 12-Apr-13  06:08 pm
2013...April to June Challenge Week 1elisabeth12 06-Apr-13  06:05 pm
2013...January to March Challenge Week 13stampy12 01-Apr-13  11:02 am
2013 :January to March Compounding Scoreboardmsparks17 28-Mar-13  10:16 pm
2013...January to March Challenge Week 12hmon26 25-Mar-13  09:16 am
2013...January to March Challenge Week 7rockon40 21-Mar-13  05:51 am