Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
shaneoz
Username: shaneoz

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 06:00 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi there,

This is probably an easy question to some who are more experienced with incredible charts than me. Please be gentle if this seems like a silly question.

I am following several stocks an am using different settings on different indicators for each different stock. For instance I use bollinger bands with different time periods for different stocks.

Now what I am struggling with is going from one stock to another and having to re configure each indicator. This goes for the colour settings as well.I am using multiple moving averages and changing anything causes everything to go grey and to tell the difference I have to reinput the settings.

Is there an easy way to maintain these settings to save time on reinputting them?

msparks
Username: msparks

Post Number: 1369

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 06:39 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi
You might have to set up different projects.

Each project can have different indicators and different time periods.

File, save project as,

"I have my own unique system "
"I manage to lose money in bull and in bear markets "

gamefisherman
Username: gamefisherman

Post Number: 44

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 06:44 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome Shaneoz to Ic

You will find this a great community of like minded people whom are more than willing to help those whom are new to the program. I myself are relatively new and have been amazed at the generosity of people/members to assist. There are some very cleaver people around here.

Please do not think that anyone will think that you are asking a silly question as the only silly question is one that is not asked!

From my understanding, and I too use different indicators for different stocks etc, you need to create a project for each of the different TA setups that you wish to use.

ie..lets say in one project step 1 is to create new project, step 2 is to add the desired indicators, time period, weekly or daily etc then Step 3 save project, it will then prompt you to give the project a name eg Moving Averages

I hope this work for you and please feel free to post as many questions as you wish....

A tip, personally I have found reading through the different forums most helpful...you simply click on the forum and will need to register which is simple, then use the search mechanism to look for what it is you are looking for....there is a wealth of information there too!

Best Wishes
GF

(Message edited by gamefisherman on July 11, 2011)

Protect your capital and the rest will take care of itself with a solid trading plan that is adhered to every trade (PS THIS IS WRITTEN TO KEEP REMINDING ME TO STAY FOCUSSED AND FORGET NOISE)

shaneoz

Post Number: 3

Monday, July 11, 2011 - 07:17 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Thanks guys. I was doing that but didnt notice that the settings were changing but you still need to change the stock.

Onto it now.

Cheers

shaneoz

Post Number: 4

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 09:08 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

One final question... if I want to look at past indicator values, how do I do it? I have got the current ones displayed but havent figured out past values.(For instance I want to look at the rsi indicator values on the 8th of june. How do I do that or is it just something you have to eyeball with the cross hairs?

TIA

visions
Username: visions

Post Number: 93

Tuesday, July 12, 2011 - 09:45 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi Shaneoz

The indicator values on the right of your selected indicator are only revelant to the last bar on your chart.

Eyeballing, you will be able to roughly tell the value of the indicator.

Using the crosshairs, as you say, will enable you to line up the day/bar/candle or whatever with your indicator below. Put your crosshair horizontal line on the area in the indicator panel that it achieved that day and down the very bottom on the left hand side of your screen you will see the 'Cursor:' with the value that your crosshairs are sitting at.

If you know this already no harm done.

As I said before all values on the right hand side of charts and indicators are linked to the last bar and are not interactive with crosshairs or cursor, unfortunately.

All the best Shaneoz.

Cheers ... Visions

US Stocks 15-minute delayed

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Other Threads  
Last PosterPostsPagesLast Post
200 Day New Highscolin_twiggs14 17-Dec-12  05:28 am
Andrews' Pitchforkelisabeth07-Oct-12  10:48 am
Weekly indicatorsriobdrivr29-Jul-12  04:52 am
Turn off trendlines and Moving averages on the charts?colin_twiggs18-Mar-12  08:43 pm
TMF in actionespresso18-Mar-12  05:43 pm
Wilson Relative Price Channel Indicator?nickolai15-Nov-11  01:01 pm
Weekly MACD 26 12 9 Above/Below Zero Linebillt06-Sep-11  03:21 pm
Relative Strength indicatorcolin_twiggs16-Aug-11  02:14 pm
New indicator - VPRS - Volume, Price, Range, Signalrusty9911-Aug-11  05:28 am
52w/ all time High (or Low)qcube02-Aug-11  11:01 am
Google Search Traffic as Economic Indicatorcolin_twiggs14-Jun-11  08:57 am
Best combinations of indicators...colin_twiggs35 08-Jun-11  06:08 am
Twiggs Momentum Oscillatorcolin_twiggs08-Jun-11  06:02 am
Sync'ing two different computers?colin_twiggs09-Mar-11  03:10 pm

Threads by Last Post Time:

First Previous 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next Last