Thread Start New Thread 
Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message
al183
Username: al183

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 03:33 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Hi. Newbie here.

Is there a way to have different colours for a moving average? Eg, green when it's rising and red when it's falling.

Thanks.

colin_twiggs
Username: colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2041

Monday, May 16, 2016 - 06:50 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Welcome AL183,

No there haven't been many requests for this. Most investors look at the slope, else use price above/below the MA. The latter only works for exponential MAs: MA slopes up when price closes above the MA and slopes down when price below.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

spdfgh
Username: spdfgh

Post Number: 132

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 06:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

You do see it in various charting software, it would be helpful, as you're not then just relying on visual identification of a slope that might be very subtle, colour identification would be much better.

The checkbox selection to set indicator MA's to 'colour' in the selection box; green, red or white where
green = ma>ma[1] red = ma<ma[1] and white = ma=ma[1]
and could be applied to chart indicators and lower indicators, as well as 'optional indicators smoothing' panel.

I also noticed in one of Collin,s recent new indicator emails that the sub line portion of an indicator was coloured in, blue if a recall, is this going to be a future release direction?

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2053

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 07:41 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

quote:

I also noticed in one of Collin,s recent new indicator emails that the sub line portion of an indicator was coloured in, blue if a recall, is this going to be a future release direction?

You are talking about the Choppiness Index right? I did that with a graphics package to highlight areas above/below the Overbought/Oversold levels. It would be difficult to build this into the charts.

My views expressed on this forum do not consider your personal circumstances and should not be considered as financial advice. Please conduct your own research.

spdfgh

Post Number: 133

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 - 09:49 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

Yes on the Choppiness Indexacator,
Colin that's soo old fashioned! hand colouring charts. Maybe you could do this 'by hand' for all the Choppiness charts on the fly? so we IC users could have the latest graphics in computer software tech. You might have to employ a team of third worlders to staff up for it...

I think the only question need asking about I.C. future development adding this and adding that and advancing your I.P. to achieve quick turn-around advancements is: when will the platform be updated from 1980 to mid 20's?
Whats wrong with VB? every man and dog knows how to do it.
Advance the I.P. Colin.

I still think web charts is the way to go; plenty of cheap programming labor on offer, turn around would be in day/weeks not years... and everybody has a web browser.

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2054

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:46 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

VB is so yesterday, we have to develop for the future ;)

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2055

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 09:59 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

.....web charts are definitely on the radar.

spdfgh

Post Number: 134

Thursday, October 20, 2016 - 10:54 am:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I just noticed web charts are an owned entity, so might have to refer to future dev's in a different way; like browser charts.
Here is the best example I have come across:
https://freestockcharts.com/

colin_twiggs

Post Number: 2059

Tuesday, October 25, 2016 - 04:30 pm:Copy highlighted text to 'New Message' boxEdit Post Delete Post Print Post    View Post/Check IP (Moderator/Admin only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only) Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only)

I have created a separate topic for Incredible Charts mobile application which will be released shortly.

You will find recent discussion here: https://forum.incrediblecharts.com/messages/4820479/4820479.html

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Threads by Last Post Time:

First 0 1 2 3 4 Next Last

Administration Administration   Log Out Log Out    

««  Previous  Next  »»